• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Seiyuu appreciation thread

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
Seiyuu aka Japanese VA are an important part of the anime culture. I don't feel they're often a discussion point when it comes to western anime fans, mainly because of the language barrier.
When it comes to seiyuu, they're not just their voice, they are real people, some more quirky than the others. If you're a fan of a certain actor, show your appreciation for them here.

Personality-wise, I think Sugita Tomokazu (Kyon/Gintoki/Escanor) aka Sugibro is my favorite; he is Gintoki incarnated. He has his wholesome moments, such as the times when he talks about his mother that watches shows that he stars in. Regardless of the situation, he's sure to make you laugh.
Aoi Yuuki (Iris/Eevee/Tanya/Madoka/Diane/Hibiki/Okita) is my favorite seiyuu overall. She's really talented as a voice actor(look up Banana chomoranma, a song where she displays all of her voice capabilities), but also draws quite well in her spare time. One of her favorite childhood games was Pokemon Silver and she's still a fan to this day. Due to her chaotic personality, you can find plenty of hilarious clips involving her on YouTube.
If you're looking for some wholesome comfy time, check out Kohara Konomi's (Chika/Shamiko) "Open your heart radio". It's basically her talking to fans that send her mail and sharing stories from her everyday life.
Some seiyuu have their own gaming channels, including Hanae Natsuki (Kaneki/Tanjiro) who often invites other seiyuu he's friends with to join him and Asakawa Yuu (F/SN Rider) who recently played Sekiro on her channel. Language barrier is a bit of an issue here, but there are dedicated fans out there who add english captions later on.

There are many others, but I think I'll leave it at this for now.

pkmin3033

I only need to say one name, and anyone who knows who I'm talking about will know what I'm talking about, and why:

NOOOOORIOOOOO WAKAMOOOOTOOOO

never mind that he's the only Japanese VA I know although I do know that Hibiki Hojo, Matoi Ryuko, and Sailor Jupiter all share the same VA and she's pretty great

Years
I don't follow particular Seiyuu much. That being said, the one that immediately sprung to mind was Rie Takahashi. I've honestly barely seen anything she's in, so I have no idea why she immediately came to mind, but she's very talented. I'll get back to you on any more I randomly think of lol.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I have a huge list. Get ready folks!

Currently all of the ones in the Obey me! Game app.
//I'll list their names soon//

They've been so nice to fans by responding to them and they've done a super job at bringing the characters to life.

Katsuyuki Konishi
I've been watching literally everything he's been in for nearly 10 years now and they're one of my all time favourites. I feel sometimes what roles they do (Takano-- Masumune, Oga (Beelzebub)) doesn't often get recognition. He's voiced in Pokémon too.

Junichi Suwabe
Another fond favourite! He pronounces English so well, when it's needed in the roles he voices.
I overall appreciate how he's managed to baffle even me from voicing a flirtatious kind of character to a character such as Aomine Daiki.

I have more, but I'll stick to these for now.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
Junichi Suwabe
Another fond favourite! He pronounces English so well, when it's needed in the roles he voices.
I overall appreciate how he's managed to baffle even me from voicing a flirtatious kind of character to a character such as Aomine Daiki.
Suwabe's voice is definitely one of the smoothest one's out there. And when it comes to pronouncing english, well, just listen to unlimited blade works chant.

I don't follow particular Seiyuu much. That being said, the one that immediately sprung to mind was Rie Takahashi. I've honestly barely seen anything she's in, so I have no idea why she immediately came to mind, but she's very talented. I'll get back to you on any more I randomly think of lol.
Rie Takahashi has received a huge boom in popularity over the last few years. I'd say she's one of the seiyuu with most subbed clips on YouTube, and from that I can tell you she's pretty high on the chaotic spectrum. LegoF is a channel that focuses on subbing mostly her clips. The show she was a host of, "Skillful teaser Takahashi-san", was a really fun watch and included guests like Kaji Yuki (Nishikata) and Kohara Konomi (Mina aka eyebrows girl).

Years
Just to throw a few more that I thought of out there, Nobuhiko Okamoto, Yukari Tamura and Kana Hanazawa are also really talented.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
One of my recent discoveries is Ueda Reina (Miyako from Wataten, Mallow, Grey from Fate/, Ruri from Dr. Stone) aka Ueshama. She's best friends with Takahashi Rie and the 2 often appear together on all sorts of events. They compliment each other quite well, Riery's more hyperactive and chaotic personality and Ueshama's more reserved and shy one. Really enjoyable to watch them together.
I came across clips of Hayami Saori (Oononoki from Monogatari, Ushiwaka and Atalante from Fate/, Kasumi from Bofuri, Srebryakova from Youjo Senki) on youtube. She has a very kind-sounding voice that quickly turns badass if there's action involved. It's really grown on me; I've been playing Under Night In-Brith over the course of the quarantine, mainly as Orie who she happens to voice.
I fell into a weird rabbit hole the other day when I found a series of Toyota commercials with Hayami Saori, Sugita Tomokazu and Nobuhiko Okamoto voicing cars that live in a family together... no subtitles so it was even more bizarre, but strangely entertaining.

Back