• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
My GBC still works - I tried it out earlier this year and the battery still had a charge. That's pretty incredible considering it's been at least 8 or 9 years (or more) since I last played it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
My GBC still works - I tried it out earlier this year and the battery still had a charge. That's pretty incredible considering it's been at least 8 or 9 years (or more) since I last played it.

I guess you would be using new batteries, seeing as if you would use batteries from that age, it would not work any more and might make the GBC malfunction.

Speaking of batteries, what do you feel is the best battery brand.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
They're so durable. They must be made of Nokias.

That's pretty good. The battery for the rumble in my Pokémon Pinball still works and it's so old.

He isn't talking about the internal batteries, hes talking about the double A's that the GBC uses as a power source.

Years
I'd believe that. I had an old game boy (the original brick design) and I dropped it all the time and it still worked.
I remember having one that just wouldn't break as well - until the time it apparently fell just right, possibly onto concrete, and the LCD shattered into a rather mesmerizing pattern. :P Everything else was fine, but it was...obviously unusable at that point...I think we even tried using it. Yeah no.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Obviously batteries isn't a workable topic, as shown by 1 day of inactivity XD; or is everyone just off to Halloween celebrations at the moment?

This halloween weekend (and the next one) will consist of just DnD for me on friday, then study/homework for me and nothing else =( Will try to do another DnD session on saturdays as my entertainment next week when midterms are over... but I don't know if I'll have time to pull through.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Obviously batteries isn't a workable topic, as shown by 1 day of inactivity XD; or is everyone just off to Halloween celebrations at the moment?

This halloween weekend (and the next one) will consist of just DnD for me on friday, then study/homework for me and nothing else =( Will try to do another DnD session on saturdays as my entertainment next week when midterms are over... but I don't know if I'll have time to pull through.

I read DnD as DDR and I was really excited because I love DDR and I haven't been able to talk about it to someone ever :(

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I'm totally not dexterous enough to handle DDR. There's still people who play it quite a bit but it's quite limited to arcade goers and diehards. I haven't heard of too many young folks (in North America) who really gets into DDR anymore.

Certainly quite a pain that you have a passionate hobby, be it cosplay, DnD or DDR or whatever else, yet you have no one to talk to... just no one around me really enjoys jRPGs much in real life, and it can be hard to strike any decent conversations with at times when I can't connect to others through what I really enjoy~

Ice Car

Banned
Years
There is currently a Tsunami Warning out for Hawaii. First wave is projected to hit at 10:28 PM, it's 8:12 PM here right now.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
You live in Hawaii? O_O
And uhm, wut?
Yeah, I had my location up as "Hawaii" for approximately... The entire time I was here up until I appropriated it to my usertitle in Japanese. In Katakana, my Location is "Oafu Hawai". There is no kana for "Fu", it instead shares the same character as "Hu". Katakana is the system of writing generally used for foreign words. Incidentally, my name is written in Katakana because I am not from Japan, even though I am of Japan origin and have a Japanese last name.

This has been a brief lesson in Japanese by Ice Car. THE MORE YOU KNOW. Obligatory lesson-ending line.

Fomalhaut

Formal Hunt
Years
Three Monster's into Skyrim All-nighter.

Current status:
I am wearing an oversized red hoodie, with a black baseball cap, hoodie up. With combat boots and my Guy Fawkes mask. My katana is holstered to my right. My flintlock is holstered to my left. I am wearing my fluorite ring, tetragrammaton talisman, and cosplay eyepatch. In my left hand is a perfect scale model Ultra Ball. In my right, C.G. Jung's Red Book.

I don't know who the *expletive* I am supposed to be cosplaying, but I like it. It feels right e_e

Game abandoned, currently putting cool stuff back in appropriate places, preparing for some SST's in the battle subway... After cigarette... Or two...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Speaking of natural disasters, the majority of Europe seems to be completely immune to them. There has only been a few natural disasters in the uk recently, most of them being flooding.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Pretty much nothing happened on Oahu so far. At the Big Island, there have been reports that the water receded so much that the boats are touching the sand though...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Speaking of natural disasters, the majority of Europe seems to be completely immune to them. There has only been a few natural disasters in the uk recently, most of them being flooding.
Don't forget the Oxford tornado! I remember that being the end-news segment (aka the 'isnt-that-funny' segment) when it hit, despite it being hella dangerous at the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back