• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rival Name Map Display

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Rival Name Map Display
Introduction
Today I want to give you a little but from my meaning powerfull script.
The Script let the rival name display when you enter a new Map whitch have the tag \RN inside of the Mapname so it is just like with the Playername with \PN.
In the test Projekt it is done with \PN's House whitch will display: Playername's House.
Whith my script you can now just give the mapname \RN's House and it will Display : Rivalname's House.
How TO
Open up your Pokémon Essentials and open the Script Editor.
There you need to find the Game_Variables and Game_Map Script.
Open up the 2 Snipets on my Pastebin under the Download section and now:
Just take the snipet from the pastbin and find the place where you need to put it in.
It is always just the stuff in between the green comment lines.
The other stuff around it for easyer finding the area where to put the script in.
If you are not able to manage it just download my Showcase file.
You will find it under Showcase.
Pics
Showcase1.png

Showcase2.png

Showcase3.png

Code
This is the snippet from Game_Map
Code:
class Game_Map
  def name
    ret=pbGetMessage(MessageTypes::MapNames,self.map_id)
    if $Trainer
      ret.gsub!(/\\PN/,$Trainer.name)
    end

################################################################################
    #This you will need to change. You will find this part in the bottom area
    #of the script.
    #Here is the snipet whitch will display the rivals name when you
    #have \RN in the Mapname.
    if $game_variables[12]
      ret.gsub!(/\\RN/,$game_variables[12])
    end
    #Important! You need to initialize the variable 12 with a name befor you
    #start the game inside of the Game_Variables Script
################################################################################

return ret
  end
end

This is the snippet from Game_Variables
Code:
  def initialize
    @data = []

#This is the new Part
    @data[12] = "Rival"

end
Showcase
viid.me/qwB9e8
Afterwords
I just hope you will have fun.
With best regardes WurstOnAir

Please use the link from shortest! It is just 5 secounds to make somebody happy.
If you also want to be happy Like me:
join-shortest.com/ref/33566f39fd​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Please can anybody replay to the post and give me some feedback? I would realy like to have some feedback if everything is good and so on because i was realy happy that i finaly get this to work indeed i have right now nearly no know how about rubi so im realy happy that i get this to work on my own and i think it is realy helpful

Arkadious

Developer of Fragmentum
Years
I have tried the script myself and it seems to work. The only time is causes Essentials to crash is if you haven't given the rival a name before the game intro (the thing where Oak gives is usual speech etc.).

Back