• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I like that idea, it sounds fun, plus it spread the DWA Pokémon out between the version like I suggested earlier ^_^. It'll be too much if they put them all into this pair...the way I'll see them putting them all in this pair is if we can't transfer...as having all of them in this pair beats the purpose of transferring at least from a filling up the dex view.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
My idea is to bring back an island a la Mirage Island where various Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities can be found. Depending on the day, time, season, and what version you have, different Pokémon will appear in that area. To find access to the island, you must first solve a puzzle sort of like how we had to unlock the Regi Trio in RSE. I think this would be far more fun and less of a hassle than bringing back Dream World again.

That seems like more of a hassle than what we currently have.

We're going to get some incarnation of the Dream world thanks to hidden abilities. Be it an update to allow X and Y to link up, new off shoot game similar to Dream Radar with more potential like the Pokewalkers, or some outer exclusive item/media (Pokewalker/PC).

Doing it in game sorta pulls away from the special aspect of the hidden abilities.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Not sure if this answers the above question, but I found this meme comic from mid-2012. My custom range on Google didn't connect the words "fairy" and "type" otherwise from 2011 to the start of 2013. It's late, however, and I just did a quick search.

37197348.jpg

Honest

Hi!
Years
It didn't answer it at all lmao.

When I searched on Google, the reports gave me 2 to 3 days ago, so it seems fairly recent. If it's true, I'm gonna assume it's supposed to be a foil to Dark. As in Fairy is equal to Light. It'd be pretty cool if this was true.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Fairy rumor is new. Its definately not the same as the light rumor though it seems to have taken over where Light left off. Fairy...is hardly a replacement for light so I cannot see a Dark vs Fairy relationship especially with the old fairies also representing evil creatures. Gamefreak tends to stick close to myths and if so, Fairies through them may end up dark, malicious creatures.

Fairy is ambiguous as is most cultures Fairies is a grouped term with Spirits. Fairies, Gnomes, Goblins, elves, they are all pretty much the same origin wise. So it would be very confusing for some who only follow pop cultured versions.

Years
Perhaps it'll be called Spirit type rather than fairies? I prefer the name Spirit rather than faerie. Also I imagine the Japanese would be more expose to the idea of spirit than that of faerie.
Btw if we do get a new type there better be a new plate for Arceus to turn to this new type.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Fairy rumor is new. Its definately not the same as the light rumor though it seems to have taken over where Light left off. Fairy...is hardly a replacement for light so I cannot see a Dark vs Fairy relationship especially with the old fairies also representing evil creatures. Gamefreak tends to stick close to myths and if so, Fairies through them may end up dark, malicious creatures.

Fairy is ambiguous as is most cultures Fairies is a grouped term with Spirits. Fairies, Gnomes, Goblins, elves, they are all pretty much the same origin wise. So it would be very confusing for some who only follow pop cultured versions.

Yet GF gave Grass an Ice weakness, despite the fact that some species of plants can survive the harsh cold, because plants are popularily known to hate the cold. Which means GF could still make new Fairy Pokemon that resemble their pop cultured versions rather than sticking close to the original source material.

Years
I could see a ghost vs fairy relationship for sure. They just kinda give me that counterpart vibe, both being mythological/supernatural beings and all.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yet GF gave Grass an Ice weakness, despite the fact that some species of plants can survive the harsh cold, because plants are popularily known to hate the cold. Which means GF could still make new Fairy Pokemon that resemble their pop cultured versions rather than sticking close to the original source material.

No plant can survive in extreme cold temperatures. Nor can they survive in extreme heat. While some need cooler temperatures to survive, they cannot survive is most extreme cases. Ice and Fire's relation to grass is based on the real world idea of grass. Normal grass not special cases.

Since Pop Culture would be special case as Gamefreak takes original over newer and Pop Culture Fairies don't hold as much weight as traditional fairies in Japanese lore, if Fairy type were to come in, Gamefreak would be more than likely to follow the traditional version.

Japanese fairies are even worse than most western stories as almost everything in japanese lore wants to eat the flesh of man.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Perhaps it'll be called Spirit type rather than fairies? I prefer the name Spirit rather than faerie. Also I imagine the Japanese would be more expose to the idea of spirit than that of faerie.
Btw if we do get a new type there better be a new plate for Arceus to turn to this new type.

But wouldn't that just be way too similar to Ghost types to justify creating a new type? Sure there are some overlap with things, but spirits and ghosts are almost synonymous in today's world. I really just don't see a new type coming to fruition.

Years
Right...I forgot about that...actually spirits and ghosts at one point split as the holy spirit was once called the holy ghost (some still call it that) but ghosts became associated with evil, wicked things so they use spirit now.
I guess they could call it Aura? sounds magical.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Well we already have Aura Sphere being a Fighting move, but then again changing move types has happened (with the introduction of new types in Gen 2), so I guess it isn't impossible. I'd still prefer not to have a new type though =P

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Am I the only one who likes this fairy type idea. It opens up possibilities for interesting Pokemon. Not all fairies are those cute winged creatures and there are many different types of fairies. If real I see it as more inspiration for Game Freak.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Am I the only one who likes this fairy type idea. It opens up possibilities for interesting Pokemon. Not all fairies are those cute winged creatures and there are many different types of fairies. If real I see it as more inspiration for Game Freak.

You are not the only one! I am a big supporter of the Fairy type, much more so than light. I think they could do a lot with it, and as I've said it fits for Sylveon, unlike any other type.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

You most certainly aren't the only one. If they do it I hope they stick with their usual traditional views just to throw things around.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I wonder if this Awakened Mewtwo will gain an additional type, as far as I know they are still hiding it's type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back