• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Questions

Years
  • Age 61
  • Seen Jul 21, 2020
I am cleaning house as my kids are grown and we have binders after binders of Pokémon cards. I wanted to post a few just to get some feedback on the value of some of these I have some knowledge but also very limited. I've just picked a few that they have in plastic cases. I have definitely had some interest in Blaine's Charizard. Please give me some advice. Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • DDA1D9C3-1C76-455F-A1E9-5A3FC65BBFEC.jpeg
    DDA1D9C3-1C76-455F-A1E9-5A3FC65BBFEC.jpeg
    381.6 KB · Views: 5

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Hey there, I'm moving your thread to a more appropriate section. You'll definitely find the help you need there.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
How do I find it ? I am new to this

Hi there! The first thing you should do is organize the cards if they're not already. The little symbol on the right side of the card (near the bottom corner of the image) is associated with the set. Gather each card from each set and arrange them from lowest number (Example: 1/100) to highest. You can find the number of the card at the very bottom, to the right, next to the rarity mark. Lastly, sort them by type (trainer / energy / etc).
For reference:
052f74385e577476c42c13962f609f2a.jpg

The next thing you can do is post a picture of each card here, front and back, and give us an approximation of condition. Then, we can give you a price estimate of each! You can also check sites like pokemonprices.com or get a reasonable estimation from places like Ebay, Amazon, or other online retailers.

One option some people go with is to have their cards professionally graded by PSA. This will exponentially increase the price of the card if it's rated well.. but you'll have to send it away and wait for them to return it. I also don't know if they're even still accepting cards because of covid. But it's something to consider.

Usually people sell their cards on Ebay, but you can always sell to large online retailers (trollandtoad / cardmarket) for less money. Another option is to sell to your local games shop! You'll have to call and ask if they're willing to take your stock but at least you'll be able to haggle prices and not worry about an online transaction.

I hope this helps! :) Good luck!

Back