• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Sienna

How do you like your updates

• Fast with little things added every time

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Slow with big updates

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Pokemon Sienna Update 3/19/13

Notice: If your going to look at the thread make a comment to bump me please.

Plot

You are in the region of Sienna. You are Professor Oaks new grand kid. He wants you to go on a journey like all his other grand kids. It's time for you to get your first Pokemon from him. Your rival is you best yet worst friend. F.W.I. she is bipolar. You get a choice in Pokemon but he can only get a Sandile. Anyways the prized Team Rocket has come to Sienna wanting to poach all it's wonderful Pokemon. You don't know this yet but you will be the one to stop them. You must stop them at any cost.

Oak: I will see you in my lab soon!

Characters:

Player: The player is one of Oak's grandson's who is always getting into trouble in town. He is given a choice from Snivy, Cyndaquil, or Mudkip as starters. He is 12 years old.

Peter: Pretty much a duplicate of Gary from Kanto. The Player's cousion. Oak is always saying how shes like Gary. Always a pain in the butt as well. Thinks shes all cool because she's 13.
Game will include a whole new region including lots of Pokemon and hopefully 6th gen as released.

Yes you can only be a boy in this game until further notice.

Updated and put some of the new screenshots up.

Screenshots:

wgwc1u.jpg

t98xm1.jpg

35irtb4.jpg

Credits

Credit to the maker of Pokemon Essentials starter kit.
Credit to Carmaniac for the maps since he's my mapper.
Credit to Saving Raven for new Gary Backsprite.
Credit to.. Nintendo for the original Pokemon games because without them none of this would be possible.
Luka_SJ for the VS script in Pokemon Essentials.
If theres any credit I missed let me know and I will add credit.

Luna's new VS sprite by Saving Raven. Thanks for that.

Download

Beta 1.31 http://www.mediafire.com/?fqc122c8tidy8t8

Demo goes up to 1st gym. After that you will be blocked off by old men lol.

1.4 goes to the end of route 2 since the next town isn't converted to HGSS yet.

Progress List

Progress: At this moment I am converting all outside maps to HGSS . This will take a couple of days and will let you know when im done. I have closed off the starter house due to a error whenever I enter also.

See ya soon.

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I like the idea; its a nice start. The only problem is that how does this fit in with the rest of the Pokemon world? Why has team rocket been started up once again? The idea of Professor Oak having multiple gran-kids is actually an interesting idea. Personally it makes sense, hahaha, I just never really thought about it.

now, I have to say the back sprite for "gary" and the VS sprite for the rival are just terrible. I'll make you better ones if you want.

Good luck with this! I hope you get to see its completion.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Okay.. You need need much much more story, make it more creative. The back sprite is.................. not the best I've seen before. Looking at the screens so far, I think you should get a graphics upgrade, just what I think... My opinion. Your punctuation and spelling also needs improving. Whos the female character? And how long were you working on this? Maybe more info about this game? Hope this helps. This can turn into a excellent project. Wouldnt Oak say anything if Luna called you a noob.

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
You forgot to credit Luka_SJ for the VS script. So far, it's a basic start, but looks like a lot of work is needed to be done, there just doesn't seem to be anything in your game, that makes it different from others. The mapping seems O.K. much better than most maps I see these days. You may need to work on your grammar a bit. "You're a noob at this!" Then there should be a break in the line as it doesn't look that appealing. "How could you lose?" "Anyways, I've got to go." Just a few pointers grammar wise. Other than that, keep at it, and you will see improvements quite quickly.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
The vs script i used came in pokemon essentials. Also i know some of the sprites arn't the best. Also i have been working on this for about a month.

Yeah, the VS script in essentials is done by Luka_SJ. Remember, everything in essentials has had contributions by other people that require crediting.

Azikai

Pokemon Hack Master
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 27, 2013
Do you need any help with the spriting?

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Mapper, here!
The mapping seems O.K. much better than most maps I see these days.
I appreciate the praise. While I don't have the best of skills in mapping, I'm a freshman at a college for video game design, so I hope they at least remain true to the design philosophy of the Pokemon series(with a bit of my own style, or lack thereof, thrown into the mix).

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Erm, pokemoner, I wasn't done with Route 2. Next time you decide a playable slice of the game should go live, could you give me some advance warning so I can tell you where I'm at map-wise?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Screen7_zpsb6e58291.png

I'm sure you can see what's wrong here.
Find a fan sprite, or make your own.

I do believe there is a Sienna ROM hack.
Not that tehere's problems in sharing names, just people may think it's the ROM hack, and not the RMXP project,

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Screen7_zpsb6e58291.png

I'm sure you can see what's wrong here.
Find a fan sprite, or make your own.

I do believe there is a Sienna ROM hack.
Not that tehere's problems in sharing names, just people may think it's the ROM hack, and not the RMXP project,

I already made one, as well as a new gary backsprite, and a gary vs sprite to match; he just hasnt updated (i'm assuming)

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
I already made one, as well as a new gary backsprite, and a gary vs sprite to match; he just hasnt updated (i'm assuming)
While I'm poking around in the game assets, it seems that the Gary backsprite and VS sprite aren't there yet, but the Luna VS sprite is there, and that screenshot is just outdated in that regard.

(I'd also like to offer my praise; I really like the Luna sprite - It's not what I would've done, but I think it definitely offsets her from May in a good way.)

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
While I'm poking around in the game assets, it seems that the Gary backsprite and VS sprite aren't there yet, but the Luna VS sprite is there, and that screenshot is just outdated in that regard.

(I'd also like to offer my praise; I really like the Luna sprite - It's not what I would've done, but I think it definitely offsets her from May in a good way.)
I updated the luna vs sprite and PM'd pokemoner with it, as well as the gary things; I guess he'll just get to it when he gets to it, and thanks for the praise :P

you can also see it on my deviant page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back