• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UK POKEMON EVENT DOWNLOAD MEW

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowrep

Taking battles now
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
BTW i phoned up they said this event will open around 8am to 9am then the event starts to wichever one your going and end bout 5pm

Toys 'R' Us stores around the country will be hosting a special event next month where you will be able to download a Mew to your cartridge.

Forum member Havak claims the 3rd August issue of the Official Nintendo Magazine will reveal details of a tour giving out Mew!

Excitingly, it looks like to go with English Mews, this time the tour will also visit Northern Ireland and Philland (known in some circles as Scotland)! Sounds fantastic to me - I've always wondered what Mew would sound like with a Scottish accent.

According to Havak:

* You will need to take your GBA
* You will need to take your own GBA Link Cable and/or Wireless Adapter. (Although to be honest, experience tells me there's always people there who'll you'll be able to borrow off anyway)
* It's likely that the Mew will be a straight download, so you will most likely be able to take Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green or Emerald to get your Mew
* There is still the possibility that the Mew will be obtained via the Old Sea Chart, ie Emerald only. But this is unconfirmed
* Events will definately take place in August, some will be mid-week rather than weekends, seeing as it's the holidays
* It's not known whether you need to be at a certain point in the game to recieve a Mew, but I'm sure we've all completed our GBA games anyway

My money's on the Old Sea Chart personally.

So is this real? Will it come as a download or via the Old Sea Chart? What does Mew sound like with a Scottish accent? What are the Deathly Hallows anyway?

Discuss!

UPDATE 21ST JULY

The Toys R Us website has pretty much confirmed it's happening. The details:

* The event is called Pokemon Summer Day Camp. Okay...
* Play Pokémon Battle Revolution on Wii!
* Get to play Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl
* Learn to trade and battle with trainers around the world
* FREE Mew download
* FREE Pokémon Goodie Bag
* Face Painting (Not likely for the older fans...)

And now *drum roll* the venues!

Scotland

* Glasgow – Helen Street Thursday 2nd August

The North

* Teesside Saturday 4th August
* Leeds Sunday 5th August
* Warrington Monday 6th August
* Liverpool Tuesday 7th August

Northern Ireland

* Belfast Thursday 9th August

Midlands

* Derby Saturday 11th August
* Solihull Sunday 12th August
* Oldbury Monday 13th August
* Coventry Tuesday 14th August
* Peterborough Wednesday 15th August

South West

* Swindon Friday 17th August
* Cardiff Saturday 18th August
* Bristol Sunday 19th August
* Southampton Monday 20th August
* Poole Tuesday 21st August

South East

* Oxford Thursday 23th August
* Reading Friday 24th August
* Brent Cross Saturday 25th August
* Croydon Sunday 26th August

btw i was lazy to write info so i got it from pkmn. co. uk BTW im going to the Brent Cross one mabye i will se you there

shadowrep

Taking battles now
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
bump filler filler can i get this stickyed or something so more ppl can see not many ppl know bout this really

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
Years
Im going to the Cardiff one, if i can be arsed to, i heard the todays event in Glasgow that the Mew download Machine broke??

If i do go i hope its worth it, im training my pokemon now to get ready to have some good battles, traded my pokemon from USA Version to my UK one, and training some new Pokemon now.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
Years
They should hand out more than a Mew..cant wait tho, i allready got a Mew. But im going to go there, hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back