• 17 replies

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Online now
Posted 3 Minutes Ago
33,062 posts
11.9 Years
Are there any franchises or general ideas for roleplaying settings that you think are too hard to turn into forum roleplays?

challenge accepted!

Estrello

Beyond The Stars

Male
England
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted July 5th, 2019
737 posts
8.5 Years
Code Geass Oh wait that would be pretty cool. And possible. What about Angel Beatz? Actually that's pretty cool too.. Shingeki no Kyojin? Death Note? Futurama? Call Of Duty? No, I found it. Little Big Planet. It's very hard to make that linear platformer-type in to a roleplay.

I'll link everything I mentioned. If that's alright.

I am the player of José "Anima" Dartmoor of Gunpowder Roleplay : : : Sign Up Post | Gunpowder

Shak

Male
UK
Seen 20 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
882 posts
4.7 Years
Code Geass Oh wait that would be pretty cool. And possible. What about Angel Beatz? Actually that's pretty cool too.. Shingeki no Kyojin? Death Note? Futurama? Call Of Duty? No, I found it. Little Big Planet. It's very hard to make that linear platformer-type in to a roleplay.

I'll link everything I mentioned. If that's alright.
If done properly, all of those look pretty doable to me. Of course you'd have to take a few liberties with the universe.
(I don't know what Angel Beats is, and I've never watched code Geass, so I couldn't speak for those two.)

I think sports RPs would be quite difficult to pull off

Friends for Infinity
RPT | Pairs

"It's so calm."

art by the amazing Infinite

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Online now
Posted 3 Minutes Ago
33,062 posts
11.9 Years
Angel Beats is definitely doable!

I'd say... Big Bang Theory. Making a rp about a couple of geeks living across the hall from a couple of total bimbos... Hey okay that sounds really fun actually. Is there anything that is really un-RP-able?

Lycanthropy

Owl + Bear =
Owlbear

Age 22
Male
That place called... Wait, what was it called again?
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
10,789 posts
5.7 Years
I think anything could work possibly if the GM is creative enough.

Estrello

Beyond The Stars

Male
England
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted July 5th, 2019
737 posts
8.5 Years
To be honest, If you really you wanted to find out something that is un rp able, you need several roles for an rp. If you have a franchise with one role, one person. Pretty much anything with a social aspect is roleplay able

I would totally join a Angel Beats one if someone made one, but wait for the summer, k?

I am the player of José "Anima" Dartmoor of Gunpowder Roleplay : : : Sign Up Post | Gunpowder

aeternum

Not Suitable For All Ages

Indiana
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted July 18th, 2019
13,229 posts
6.6 Years
An rp where everyone plays as a different "voice" in the head of the same mentally insane person. Every post would be a joint post and it would just crash so hard.

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 15 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
20,331 posts
7.5 Years
An rp where everyone plays as a different "voice" in the head of the same mentally insane person. Every post would be a joint post and it would just crash so hard.
That... that actually sounds like so much fun.

Anyway, there's not many things I think wouldn't work to some degree as an RP, but there are a lot of things that are doomed to fail. Basically any RP requiring you to permanently kill other players will not work at all because people don't want their characters to die.

Mana

Age 28
Male
UK
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
10,075 posts
10.8 Years
I think almost anything can work as a roleplay, the question is will it actually appeal to anyone? :P

For example a BBT roleplay could work, but I'd imagine people find it hard to come up with original characters that fit such a realistic world and it would probably die from lack of excitement ):.

Nakuzami

Age 21
Female
The Forgotten Crossroads
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
6,884 posts
9.1 Years
I think anything could work possibly if the GM is creative enough.
This.

Also, Angel Beats has been done in the past here, I believe. I don't know anything about it myself, but it can certainly be done.
"Sure, there're probably infinite dimensions, but I'm with you in this one, so why would I try to find them?"
~Neil Hilborn

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows

Age 24
Male
Olivine City
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted September 6th, 2018
3,221 posts
8.4 Years
A chemistry RP. Featuring molecules. I defy you to make it happen.

Where do I sign up.

Um ... Blue's Clues. You would have to take some liberties to really get the mechanics working properly, and in the end I don't see people wanting to play that long. Like ... What do you do? There's only so many times you can sit in that chair and think about paw prints.

God, how would you even roleplay that?

hugh holland in "cracks: a sinnoh story"
-
-
Pair
-
Underground
-
Roleplay Theatre
-
Credits

Winter

거기 너 I fancy you

Age 22
Non-binary
Seen June 12th, 2019
Posted December 21st, 2017
8,221 posts
4.7 Years

Um ... Blue's Clues. You would have to take some liberties to really get the mechanics working properly, and in the end I don't see people wanting to play that long. Like ... What do you do? There's only so many times you can sit in that chair and think about paw prints.

God, how would you even roleplay that?

Everyone roleplays as a dog named after a colour. How hard is that?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows

Age 24
Male
Olivine City
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted September 6th, 2018
3,221 posts
8.4 Years
Everyone roleplays as a dog named after a colour. How hard is that?

Maybe I'm just repressing the fact that I really want a gritty Film Noir Blue's Clues detective roleplay.

we just figured out blues clues
too bad the dudes still dead

hugh holland in "cracks: a sinnoh story"
-
-
Pair
-
Underground
-
Roleplay Theatre
-
Credits

Legend

Kingslayer

Age 28
Male
New Jersey
Seen June 23rd, 2018
Posted December 28th, 2017
1,308 posts
11.5 Years
My baby Aerion, if only because it was too epic for its own good. Medieval Fantasy in of itself works, but for some reason, it failed the three times SV and I tried to launch it. I only recently realized it would work better as a D&D campaign. Or a novel.

Advertiser Content