• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Need Help with leveling up.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 17, 2019
I am having a lot of trouble gaining experience when battling trainers and i dont have the option of battling wild Pokemon. Is there anyway around this issue because in order for me to gain experience i have to catch wild Pokemon over and over again. Why not battle them? Is there anyway to re-battle trainers to farm experience? I keep falling behind the required levels for battling trainers and my Pokemon keep dying. I do not want to keep doing catch combos for Pokemon. Is there anyway around this? Or anything else i can do to farm experience?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I am having a lot of trouble gaining experience when battling trainers and i dont have the option of battling wild Pokemon. Is there anyway around this issue because in order for me to gain experience i have to catch wild Pokemon over and over again. Why not battle them? Is there anyway to re-battle trainers to farm experience? I keep falling behind the required levels for battling trainers and my Pokemon keep dying. I do not want to keep doing catch combos for Pokemon. Is there anyway around this? Or anything else i can do to farm experience?

Unfortunately, all you can do is catch pokemon. Experience from trainers has been reduced in favour of catching pokemon. There's no way around it, I'm afraid.

You can't get an unlimited non-wild-catching method of gaining experience until after the elite four where you can just fight...the elite four. But Chansey combos are better anyway in the postgame.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 17, 2019
Unfortunately, all you can do is catch pokemon. Experience from trainers has been reduced in favour of catching pokemon. There's no way around it, I'm afraid.

You can't get an unlimited non-wild-catching method of gaining experience until after the elite four where you can just fight...the elite four. But Chansey combos are better anyway in the postgame.
Thats a shame. Idk why on earth they would only do catching pokemon in the wild.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Its called Let's GO after Pokemon GO. In PGO, catching Pokemon is the name of the game for the most part. I realize its a departure from previous generational titles when it comes to farming Experience but there sadly is no other means of obtaining Experience(aside from battling Gym Leaders and/or Elite Four over and over again). Furthermore, catching lots of Pokemon yield you Candies. Candies can power up even the lowest level Pokemon into a sheer beast, especially those of the species in question(ex: Pikachu candies for Pikachu). Feed enough candy to a Pokemon and you can roll over any Trainer in the game.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
The best way is to keep catching. Try getting a chain as well as getting an excellent throw. Huge and tiny Pokemon also give bonus EXP. I'm not sure if the Elite Four is viable for leveling this time around. Might be worth trying it and see how many levels you get from it.

Back