• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need some help regarding Snag Balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth Pegasus

Creator of Pokemon: The Conspiracy.
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2021
I understand how the Snag Balls work, they catch the opponents Shadow Pokemon. I want to know how to make a Snag Ball that allows me to capture any opponent Pokemon. I did find a section in the scripts that has the Snag Ball stuff in it, but I have no idea what I'm looking at or how the script works.

Also, if someone can show me how to make a Poke ball that can capture a Pokemon and turn it into a Shadow Pokemon, I would really appreciate it.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I may be wrong, because i don't know much about scripting at all, but I may be able to help with a poke ball that makes a pokemon shadow. I know you can do it through an event in the game (makeShadow). If you can make a conditional branch that checks the poke ball, and then has a script for "makeShadow" Im sorry this probably isn't much help, but no one else was responding

Seth Pegasus

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2021
I may be wrong, because i don't know much about scripting at all, but I may be able to help with a poke ball that makes a pokemon shadow. I know you can do it through an event in the game (makeShadow). If you can make a conditional branch that checks the poke ball, and then has a script for "makeShadow" Im sorry this probably isn't much help, but no one else was responding
Thanks for the help. I'll look into it and see if I can make it work.

Years
Try this:

First: Ccreate an Item that's the specific Pokéball. e.g:

520,SHADOWBALL,Shadow Ball,3,0,"A dark ball, that turns regular Pokémon in Shadow Pokémon.",0,2,4

Important are the last two parameters (2 and 4). It says that the item can be used directly in the battle and it's a pokéball.

Second: Go to the script editor in the rpg maker xp and go to the section "PokemonBalls". Change line 77 from

23=>:SPORTBALL

to

23=>:SPORTBALL,

(Add a comma)

And right under this line, write:

24=>:SHADOWBALL

Then go to around line 236 and put under this line:

BallHandlers::OnCatch.add(:SHADOWBALL,proc{|ball,battle,pokemon|
pokemon.makeShadow
})

That's should be... I'm not sure, if it's work, but it should. Sorry if my english is not clear enough, I'm not a native english speaker.

Edit: I've tested it and it's work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
it would be fun to allow a ball that can steal other trainers pokemon but i guess it would make rematches bit strange

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
PokeBattle_Battle, line 125. Delete || !battler.isShadow?. Snag Balls work on any Pokémon.

Seth Pegasus

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2021
Try this:

First: Ccreate an Item that's the specific Pokéball. e.g:

520,SHADOWBALL,Shadow Ball,3,0,"A dark ball, that turns regular Pokémon in Shadow Pokémon.",0,2,4

Important are the last two parameters (2 and 4). It says that the item can be used directly in the battle and it's a pokéball.

Second: Go to the script editor in the rpg maker xp and go to the section "PokemonBalls". Change line 77 from

23=>:SPORTBALL

to

23=>:SPORTBALL,

(Add a comma)

And right under this line, write:

24=>:SHADOWBALL

Then go to around line 236 and put under this line:

BallHandlers::OnCatch.add(:SHADOWBALL,proc{|ball,battle,pokemon|
pokemon.makeShadow
})

That's should be... I'm not sure, if it's work, but it should. Sorry if my english is not clear enough, I'm not a native english speaker.

Edit: I've tested it and it's work.
I tried it out and it does work. Thank you.

Maruno,

Ok I deleted || !battler.isShadow? but I get a SyntaxError in line 128.
What did I do wrong?

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
The line should read:

Code:
if @opponent && !pbIsSnagBall?(ball)
You probably deleted a ")". I tidied it up for the sake of a clean example.

Seth Pegasus

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2021
The line should read:

Code:
if @opponent && !pbIsSnagBall?(ball)
You probably deleted a ")". I tidied it up for the sake of a clean example.
Ok thanks I got it working. I think the problem might have been that I changed this script and added 2 separate ballhandlers to the pokeballs script at the same time.

Now that I did added my new pokeball and changed the pokebattle_battle script then compiled and then added another ballhandler it works just fine.

Thanks again.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2019
EDIT: I solved the problem. There was only one mistake while creating that item in pbs.file "items".
Code:
535,ROCKETBALL,Rocket Ball,3,0,"A dark ball, that catches every Trainer's Pokémon.",0,2,[B][COLOR=Red]4[/COLOR][/B]
This is the number for a common pokeball. You need to enter a "3" for a snagball-type. Than it works fine!

Hey guys,

I have a problem, too with creating a pokeball that steals Trainerpokemon.

I followed your advices. but I can't catch it yet.

What I did:
First I created a new Item within the pbs.file "items".
Code:
535,ROCKETBALL,Rocket Ball,3,0,"A dark ball, that catches every Trainer's Pokémon.",0,2,4
Second I was opening the script section "PokeBalls" and added a new type of Pokeball (around line 76) with the following code.
Code:
24=>:ROCKETBALL,
. It follows the "sportsball".

Next step was scrolling down to the end of the script (in my case line 226) and added as last command the following code:

Code:
BallHandlers::OnCatch.add(:SNAGBALL,proc{|ball,battle,pokemon|
pokemon.makeShadow
})
But when I starts the game and try to catch a trainer's pokemon they message appeared: Trainer blocked the ball. Dont be a thief.

Did I forget anything?

I would be deeply grateful for help. Thanks in advance!

Regards
\Hargatio

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 8, 2016
When i caught the first pokemon from a trainer in the battle and he have 2 pokemon, the trainer dont send his second pokemon in battle after i caught his first pokemon...

when the trainer has only 1 pokemon and i caught it, all would be fine... after caughting battle will close...

how can i solve this problem?

sorry for my bad english!

Years
When i caught the first pokemon from a trainer in the battle and he have 2 pokemon, the trainer dont send his second pokemon in battle after i caught his first pokemon...

when the trainer has only 1 pokemon and i caught it, all would be fine... after caughting battle will close...

how can i solve this problem?

sorry for my bad english!

Hi! Not sure if you noticed but the last post date in this thread was October 2014, almost two years ago now. Generally we ask you don't post in threads that haven't had a post for this long since they're considered 'dead' but you're welcome to make a new thread if you still need help. Thank you and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back