• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to Make Basic Pokemon Sprite Fusions in MS Paint

Dewmonic Abyss

YouTuber
Years

So, recently, I made a video tutorial that should help aspiring Pokemon spriters out there make fusions with MS Paint. Fusions are by far one of my favorite things to sprite, because of what the finished product results in, sort of like the Frankenstein's monster. I'm someone who learns best from watching examples, so hopefully this helps some new people out there! I was a bit rusty, myself. By no means am I a professional, but I grew up doing this, and I think this will definitely give people a good headstart on learning how to do fusions.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
No offense, but first off you should find yourself a proper sprite sheet. You can likely find one on Google by searching 721 pokemon sprite sheet or something. Make sure it is .png for clarity. Also use the pencil too, not the brush tool. It's way to thick and leaves anti-aliasing marks.

Your quick fusion though, I think it was better off without the beard. :)

Years
You go into subpixeling a lot, which is what you'd generally want to avoid. To avoid that, scale the sprites down so that one pixel in the sprite equals one pixel in the editor. No offense, but subpixeling kind of makes the whole thing moot anyways (it is a sprite fusion, afterall.)

Back