• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG + OCG Fan Club

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So...Recently found out about Hidden Arsenal 7 and Sophia, Goddess of Rebirth...Do want deck! Trying to find a deck build for her but I'm not great at deck building. Anyone got any food ideas?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Wow, good luck trying to summon Sophia, lol. But I'll help you nonetheless.

Monsters:
3x Flamvell Guard
3x Mystical Shine Ball
2x Destiny Hero Diamond Dude
3x Genex Ally Birdman
1x Morphing Jar
3x Sophia, The Creator
3x The Agent of Creation - Venus
2x Relinquished

Spells:
1x Advanced Ritual Art
1x Allure of Darkness
3x Card of Consonance
3x Cup of Ace
2x Destiny Draw
3x Instant Fusion
2x Preparation of Rights
3x Upstart Goblin
2x Black Illusion Ritual

Extra Deck:
Leviair the Sea Dragon
Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
Darkfire Dragon
Fusionist
Man-Eating Black Shark
Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
Mist Wurm
Black Rose Dragon
Gravity Warrior

Basically you use Venus's effect, get 3 Shining Balls, overlay them for Gachi Gachi. Return the last shining Ball for Birdman's effect to activate, put them both on the field and synchro them both for Gravity Warrior. And then you use Advanced Ritual Art/Black Illusion Ritual to get Relinquished and then Instant Fusion to get any fusions you got in the extra deck . And if you got Sophia in your hand, you special summon for game.

Sophia is a really difficult deck to play to get it out. You need tons of draw power with ritual and fusion support.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
On the Sophia thing: I've tried. It's nearly impossible to summon that cray thing. She's got an epic effect, but as far as playing her, you'll be there a while.

Also, the Six Samurai is giving me some serious feels.
I'm a history dork to begin with, but when I found out that the Legendary Six Samurai are now like, the mentors to The Six Samurai, but The Six Samurai have no clue about their pasts, it gives me all kinds of history feels. So now because of it I'm going to spend the next few weeks building a perfect SS deck for me (because I suck and it will legit take me that long). <3

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
@.@ All this talk about all these new cards, decks, and strategies. I haven't played seriously since the beginning of 5Ds >.< Does anyone still use an old fashioned deck?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Old themed decks are fun! c:
I really like using Billy Decks, too. I think those are probably the most fun I've ever built before. They're pretty pathetic competitively, but for casual play they're awesome! Ice themed deck is my favorite. <3 Didn't use the Ice Barrier archetype, but used cards featuring snow and Ice in their art and such. c:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Harpie decks are fun! Especially with the new support that they've gotten.
I've finished making a few decks, and so far all I've got is a Laval Quasar, Ice themed Billy Deck, Plant Beatdown, Madolche, Gravekeeper's, Super-Defense Robos, and I'm gonna be working on a Dragunity deck. c:

Also, back on Sophia, I love that she's the god of the Duel Terminal world, but she's only worth $0.50. That's sad. Super. xD

Honest

Hi!
Years
Literally, I just got back into YGO, and the first time competitively.

Username: Bloodex
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: Atlantean Genex (cause it's the only one I've really used so far)
Favourite card: Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Ice Master, Guardian Eatos (might have spelled that wrong)
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel? Nope

I've been playing on DuelingNetwork so much these past few days. =|

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
@.@ All this talk about all these new cards, decks, and strategies. I haven't played seriously since the beginning of 5Ds >.< Does anyone still use an old fashioned deck?
I don't have any old fashioned decks built for 'competitive' play (other than a Vanilla deck if you count that?), but I miss these kind of decks! They just don't do as well as the current archetypes and such so they're really hard to use, even for fun :(

Literally, I just got back into YGO, and the first time competitively.

Username: Bloodex
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: Atlantean Genex (cause it's the only one I've really used so far)
Favourite card: Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Ice Master, Guardian Eatos (might have spelled that wrong)
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel? Nope

I've been playing on DuelingNetwork so much these past few days. =|
Atlantean Genex sounds like a lot of fun! I'd love to duel you some time soon if you'd like? I'm QuillboltSquirrel on Duelling Network so hit me up some time if you want to duel :D

So recently I made a Red-Eyes deck and hnggggggggggggggg, it's so much better than I could have hoped. It's such nostalgia using it and Red-Eyes has always been a big favourite of mine so it's wonderful to see his deck working so well. I wouldn't call it tiered material but it's winning the large majority of matches it comes up against so I'm having a field day right now haha.

Something I wanted to ask you guys about - I was thinking of organizing a Nightmare Troubadour-esque tournament on PC, would anyone be interested in joining? Essentially it'd involve answering a few questions to receive a starter deck (they'd be pretty bad starter decks but that's the idea, and it'd most likely only use cards up to and including the Nightmare Troubadour DS game since that was something of a last stand before a turning point as far as 'archetypes vs old fashioned decks' goes) and essentially you'd have to duel other people in the tournament to get both experience and points - the experience will give you access to the next round of the tournament once you have enough and the points can be used for buying booster packs of random cards. I'll be using a random generator with rated probabilities for the booster pack cards and at first there'll only be a few boosters available, but as levels are climbed more will become open to purchase. All the duels will be arranged on PC and carried out on Duelling Network for the most part (unless you have specific ways of doing it yourself) and all wins/losses will have to be recorded in the tournament's thread to keep track of exp/points. There'll also be bonuses during duels such as extra points for leaving them with exactly 0 LP, for tribute summons, for ritual summons, etc etc (a list will be provided and between the two duellists the bonuses will have to be recorded as they duel), and there'll also be extra features during the tournament such as being able to trade cards after x number of duels with someone and receiving card lists/deck recipes for achieving certain goals.

So yeah, it's very much still in the works right now but what do you guys think? :) (Edit: more/better laid out details here)

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
This weekend, I went to 2 sneak peeks for Lord of Tachyon. From the boosters, I got a Constellar Omega & a Totem Bird. I paid 20$ for the sneak peek and I sold my Totem Bird for 20$, and kept the rest. i made a pretty good profit I might say. on the 2nd sneak peek, I got 9th place out of 32 contestant. So I won a Storm of Ragnarok Special Edition box. I got a Asceticism of the Six Samurai, Light & Darkness Dragon, DD Sprite & a Legendary Six Samurai Shi-En. This weekend was really great for me.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I love the idea of a PC Yu-Gi-Oh tourney, though I can't say I'm huge on being thrown random ancient cards haha. What can I say, I'm desperate to succeed.

Aemirch

Hobbler
Years
Username: Aemirch
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck:
Seto Kaiba's
Favourite card: Solemn Judgement
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel? No

Warship

異議あり!
Years
i havent been playing for a while but i guess its time to get back at it!

Username: warship
Favorite Yu-Gi-oh Deck: umm not exactly sure but i guess my favorite is Machine Revolt. i just love Ancient Gears :)
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Card: JUDGEMENT DRAGON FTW!!!
Do You Have A Yu-Gi-Oh Youtube Channel: nope

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
So, like, when I see a new set of cards come out (booster pack), I get excited, like anyone else. My favorite thing is to look for cute cards. Legit. I have a thing for cute stuff, and it has always been that way. Madolche is my favorite archetype, but they've recently come out with one that rivals Madolche for me.

1) They're nothing but dark type monsters, ranging from Fiend, to Spellcaster, to Zombie. They consist of Level 1-3 monsters, with a Rank 3 XYZ "boss" card.

2) They're based off of legends and stories wrapped in dark stuff. Frankenstein, Dracula, Ghosts, zombies, jackolanterns, your basic Halloween grub.

3) They are the Ghostricks.

They each share the effect of: "Cannot be Normal Summoned unless you control a "Ghostrick" monster (but can be Normal Set). Once per turn: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position". Sounds like a pain in the butt, but they also come with three support cards that actually help protect them while face-down, and also each have effects that do the same. The level 1 monsters have effects to special summon themselves from the hand, and they are Fiends; the level 2 monsters focus on flipping the opponent's monster face down, and they are Spellcasters; and finally, the Level and Rank 3 monsters all focus on adding more monsters to your hand.

They have their own field spell, Ghostrick House, which protects any of your face-down monsters from being attacked, the same is also said for your opponent's, however. If you or your opponent ONLY control face-downs, though, you can attack directly, but the damaged is half, UNLESS it's a Ghostrick monster attacking.

Also with them being Dark type, they get tons of support from cards like Dark Armed Dragon, Allure of Darkness, Mystic Tomato, and can pair up very well with other Dark type monsters for general support, like Tour Guide of the Underworld.

I just have to say, I'm absolutely in love with this archetype. I don't see too much coming from them in the meta, but for casual play, which I love, they're super great and extremely CUTE OMG. <3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
So, like, when I see a new set of cards come out (booster pack), I get excited, like anyone else. My favorite thing is to look for cute cards. Legit. I have a thing for cute stuff, and it has always been that way. Madolche is my favorite archetype, but they've recently come out with one that rivals Madolche for me.

1) They're nothing but dark type monsters, ranging from Fiend, to Spellcaster, to Zombie. They consist of Level 1-3 monsters, with a Rank 3 XYZ "boss" card.

2) They're based off of legends and stories wrapped in dark stuff. Frankenstein, Dracula, Ghosts, zombies, jackolanterns, your basic Halloween grub.

3) They are the Ghostricks.

They each share the effect of: "Cannot be Normal Summoned unless you control a "Ghostrick" monster (but can be Normal Set). Once per turn: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position". Sounds like a pain in the butt, but they also come with three support cards that actually help protect them while face-down, and also each have effects that do the same. The level 1 monsters have effects to special summon themselves from the hand, and they are Fiends; the level 2 monsters focus on flipping the opponent's monster face down, and they are Spellcasters; and finally, the Level and Rank 3 monsters all focus on adding more monsters to your hand.

They have their own field spell, Ghostrick House, which protects any of your face-down monsters from being attacked, the same is also said for your opponent's, however. If you or your opponent ONLY control face-downs, though, you can attack directly, but the damaged is half, UNLESS it's a Ghostrick monster attacking.

Also with them being Dark type, they get tons of support from cards like Dark Armed Dragon, Allure of Darkness, Mystic Tomato, and can pair up very well with other Dark type monsters for general support, like Tour Guide of the Underworld.

I just have to say, I'm absolutely in love with this archetype. I don't see too much coming from them in the meta, but for casual play, which I love, they're super great and extremely CUTE OMG. <3
I've been looking at them recently too - they certainly seem like a very interesting archetype and they've got great support from cards like Tsukuyomi and Dark Armed Dragon like you said, but I can't see their deck ever being much of a force to be scared of. Given their universally laughable stats and the chance for your opponent to attack directly when your Ghostricks are using their effects it doesn't seem like an archetype with huge potential, but I would definitely love to see what people can do with them. I like the idea of scaring your opponent's monsters into hiding in face-down defence position and then using this to attack them, but even with the cards like Ghostrick Panic it's still not an archetype I think I could make work until they gain a little extra support. If you do end up building them I'd love to see what you come up with!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The way I build my deck is like this. I use decks that normally wouldn't top tournaments and make them even better. I made a Roid deck mixed with Machina & Karakuri and people would look at my roids and be like, wtf? Then I would use them as xyz materials and use them as Machina materials to bring out Machina Fortress or Chimeratech Fortress Dragon. You could say people at my local card store got a new found respect for roids because of me ;P

I was also bored of my 6 decks, so I decided to make a new one. I'm making a Dark Magician deck now. I just started making it yesterday, hopefully today I'll go to my local card store with some friends and get some other cards needed for my deck :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I was also bored of my 6 decks, so I decided to make a new one. I'm making a Dark Magician deck now. I just started making it yesterday, hopefully today I'll go to my local card store with some friends and get some other cards needed for my deck :)

Are you planning a standard DM build, or a 'custom' build like the one you described for Roids? I tend to find the standard DM builds are far too repetitive for not a lot of oompf, so I'd love to hear about your plans for your deck!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I always make custom decks, I don't really follow decks online. I just see the staples for a deck and tweak them to my liking :)

Back