• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Latter Years [M] [OOC]

Years
The Latter Years
OOC | IC | Theme Music

.eJwNy0sOwiAQANC7sBewQyn2MmQsE9pYGOSzaIx317d_HzHqKVax917aqlQ42sY1yNa5YiQZmeNJWI4mN04Ke8dtT5R7U5M2oMFp6xYDzhoANT1m52Ca3QKLtlbfjQqE1fMZfDle_zr88_JUOF9ptFsAJHyTLDmK7w-qZC4o.IreLvX-3Tg85a0qy8u60qhIDdGc

Welcome to the Pokemon World as presented in the Mystery Dungeon games. A world without human beings, where Pokemon are the dominant sentient inhabitants. This is a world filled with vibrant scenery and treacherous dungeons where you can undergo thrilling and challenging journeys. Of course, you will not be visiting anything like that in this roleplay. No, this is a roleplay about the most daunting journey of all, life. Or rather, the less exciting latter years of it.

This is a sandbox roleplay about old Pokemon doing old Pokemon things. You simply interact with each other in amusing ways and give your fellow roleplayers a reason to laugh, or maybe to cry. There is one real goal in this RP, for your character(s) to achieve their final wish so they can eventually pass on fulfilled.

How this Works

The Latter Years is a fully sandbox roleplay. That means you follow your own storylines and interact how you please in your quest to fulfill your Pokemon's wishes. You basically have complete control. I do have an ending for the RP that I can initiate at any time, but that's not really something to keep in mind as something worth working towards. Just focus on having your elderly mon fulfil their dreams or whatever it is they're doing.

The Setting

Our setting will be a single, self contained community and aged care facility for elderly Pokemon: Beatrice the Blissey's Aged Care. Run by the kind Beatrice's, grumpy middle-aged descendent Brenda the Blissey and her creepy, slightly too amorous, friend Doctor Meister Mr. Mime. It has both cottages for couples living out their latter days together as well as rooms in the main building for single old fogies. The grounds are maintained perfectly and the community is equipped with medical and recreational facilities.

Rules

1. GM word is law.
  2. All RPT rules apply.
  3. This RP has a rating of M to allow for creative freedom. Don't abuse this and ruin the tone.
  4. Try to post at least semi-regularly or I'll just kill you off. This is an ideal setting for that.
  5. If you're reading this you have to join. No exceptions
  6. Have fun!

Sign-Up

Name:
Age: Hint, you should be old. Assume life spans similar to people for the most part.
Appearance: Anything that differentiates you to other members of your species.
Personality: No need to be too detailed but I want to know who you are.
History: Again, you don't need a insane amount of detail but a summary of your life before being jammed into an aged care facility is important info.
Wish: The thing your character wants to achieve before their imminent death.

or

Name:
Staff Position: What do you do at the facility? It probably pays terribly regardless, fair warning.
Appearance: Anything that differentiates you to other members of your species.
Personality: No need to be too detailed but I want to know who you are.
History: How did you end up working with elderly Pokemon, why are you here? I don't need a book but give me a summary.

Participants

I'm just going to leave this perpetually open probably. Feel free to make multiple characters if yo can handle it.

gimmepie as Fred and Sammy
Noraxia as Dot
Kitty as Evangeline
Gelius as Tony, Yuri, Gelius and Momoka
Afterglow Ampharos as Quetzalli
Winter as Pharrah
Arachneo as Surus

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • CET
  • Seen Oct 7, 2021
WzTbzmE.png

NAME: Dot

APPEARANCE: Looking about as you'd expect from an elderly Flaaffy, Dot's few distinguishing features are her small, rectangular glasses, and the oft-forgotten knitting needles she left sticking out of her wool. Additionally, though she'd never admit it, her fluffy wool has slowly grown a bit more greyish in colour, and the glow of the ball on the end of her tail has mostly dimmed, only truly lighting up when her blood pressure rises too far she gets excited.

PERSONALITY: Dot is generally a kindly old lady, friendly and agreeable - that is, as long as you don't belong to any of the groups of people that rub her the wrong way. Unfortunately, this includes a rather large group of Pokémon; young Pokémon are lazy, Ground-types are filthy, and particularly shiny Pokémon she's not fond of, considering them snobby, ungrateful leeches of society. The nerve! She's a bit of a gossip, enjoying many a good rumor to spruce life in the nursing home up some, but at the same time she can be insecure, as she feels her strength decreasing with each passing day, and her memory isn't what it's been either. She finds joy in seeing her son upon his visits, although she'll never stop pestering him about giving her the grandchild she's been wanting for so long.

HISTORY: Born in a small community as the youngest of four children, Dot has always felt an intense need to make something of herself. As a Mareep, she worked hard as a member of the family business, but soon found that in her day, female Pokémon weren't going to rise to the top of the stack. And so she grew rebellious, intentionally falling in love with a Raichu whom she knew her family would never approve of. He was a free spirit, sweeping her off her feet into faraway adventures, during one of which she evolved into Flaaffy. Soon, she was to have a baby, but apparently this caused her husband to get cold feet... for he soon disappeared on another journey, leaving Dot to care for her egg by herself.
With no choice but to return to her family, she steeled her resolve to continue working for their business, eventually reaching up the ranks to become second only to her older brother. Her little boy grew up happily, with Dot marrying an Electabuzz soon after, partially for his business relations and connections, which certainly helped their situation during the time of the Great War. The couple never became particularly close, but they shared a happy enough family life, with the boy Mareep never finding out his 'father' didn't even belong to his mother's Egg Group... Until Electabuzz passed away. Dot, by this point, had gotten too old to be able to live alone safely, and so her son, now an Ampharos, opted for her to be placed into Beatrice the Blissey's Aged Care, where she could live out her days in relative peace.

WISH: While considering her life well-spent, Dot would so love to have a grandchild to pamper and dress in homemade woolen scarves... and perhaps she carries a slight wonder to hear whatever became of that good-for-nothing Raichu.​

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Question, will i be able to play as more than one character?

Years
  • Age 29
  • CET
  • Seen Oct 7, 2021
finished my SU! i hope i didn't go overboard on the history lol, but it's basically an entire lifetime, and it hasn't been uneventful!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
what even IS THIS
aaa

I will be reading this. Every day.

Years
finished my SU! i hope i didn't go overboard on the history lol, but it's basically an entire lifetime, and it hasn't been uneventful!

You're in. Free walking stick at the door.

Okay, I think I'm done. I might have... tried to overly explain her pureblood-ness. Oh well.

You're also in. Sorry, Nagi took the last walking stick.

what even IS THIS
aaa

I will be reading this. Every day.

You'd have more fun if you joined :D

Darn it, i need help for an CSS.

CSS isn't required but I can help you out with something simple if you really want.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
What a unique Pokemon premise! Love it.

I already have an elderly Pokemon character, perfect! ^^ I just gotta figure out what her "Wish" is. Hmmm.

When you said,
"This RP has a rating of M to allow for creative freedom. Don't abuse this and ruin the tone."
what kind of tone are you going for?

Last edited:
Years
What a unique Pokemon premise! Love it.

I already have an elderly Pokemon character, perfect! ^^ I just gotta figure out what their "Wish" is. Hmmm.

When you said,
"This RP has a rating of M to allow for creative freedom. Don't abuse this and ruin the tone."
what kind of tone are you going for?

I like to think of it as the Scrubs tone. Primarily this is meant to be comical, even derpy, but I highly encourage the occasional kick in the feels. It seems like a setting that should definitely allow for that. I mostly just mean that this isn't meant to be a particularly violent or dark RP.

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
Got it, thanks gimmepie.
She easily found herself a husband in a great Tropius
[...]
Sadly for the pureblood, the world kept changing. When her parents told her about her cousin Jemimah falling in love with a dual typed imp, she nearly fainted.
[...]
She'd even settle for a... shudder halfbreed.
I'm confused. Your character is against the idea of marrying Pokemon that are dual-types, and yet, she married a Grass/Flying type, Tropius? Or am I misconstruing something here?

P.S.: to everyone, what's this Great War that both Kitty and Noraxia refer to? I didn't see anything like that in the GM's OP.

Years
P.S.: to everyone, what's this Great War that both Kitty and Noraxia refer to? I didn't see anything like that in the GM's OP.

That's not Lore I've written. They've determined that on their own and I don't mind because it's mostly irrelevant to the RP itself. It's just background for their characters.

According to Bulbapedia Tropius is pure Grass type haha
I'm not updated with Pokemon so I'm trusting the site's knowledge on this one

I can change it later dw

Tropius is Grass/Flying and always has been. Good catch Ampharos that didn't even occur to me as conflicting lol.

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
Ok this is a silly idea but what if. Evangeline actually had the same problem, she mistakenly thought that her husband was pure grass type, and didn't realize the hypocrisy in her actions of criticizing halfbreeds.

You don't have to use this idea but I thought I'd present it as an option. Haha

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
App:
Spoiler:

OOC:
Spoiler:

Years

That quite the SU!
As for cognition and mind-reading, I think the fairest thing to do is just to discuss it with anyone it pertains to when it relates to existing characters beforehand. I normally have a blanket ban on abilities like mind reading, but I don't think it will create that much of an imbalance in this particular RP.

So you're in xD

Back