• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Level Grinding in Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
has anybody ever or still does, level grind in Pokemon, walk around aimlessly building up levels? you kinda had to level grind little a in the original red/blue, but I kept that up in the following games, I can't level grind like I used to when I was a kid, today, I wonder how I was able to grind levels so much without getting bored, I can't go as far as I used to when I level grind. but does anybody level grind...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I've stopped level grinding as soon as Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire came out due to the release of Pokemon double battles. But before hand, it would bother me and bore me so much to the point that I would just throw the Pokemon in the daycare and just tour which ever route or town/city I was in or going into.

:t354:TG

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I've always grinded a lot in my games, most of the time it'll be because of the Pokémon in my team are too low a level to go up against a gym leader. It happened a lot to me in B/W. But yeah, I do a lot. I pretty don't bother as much after the league though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I level grind sometimes, more so after the E4 though, mainly because its something to do...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I usually level grind around Victory Road. Most of the gyms and other places are either at or below my level anyways.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
I sometimes grind levels by beating E4 like 6 times in a row... But I usually grind levels before E4, because they're usually a considerate level bump from trainers that you've been facing before E4.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
I grind when I'm underleveled, and that's pretty much it besides in the end when there's nothing better to do or if I want to evolve something. I get bored of it easily though; I'm pretty impatient when it comes to that sometimes, especially if I'm doing it to evolve something and I just want to get it over with.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In the main storyline, I grind my Pokemon so that my starter is a few levels ahead of the rest of my Pokemon (which I keep at the same level). I grind before going through a route and before important battles.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2011
I usually level grind at the beginning of every game, so that I can progress through the story quickly.

Years
I tend to do a few levels worth of grinding before each gym and then a ton before the Elite Four since I'm generally way too underleveled to even consider it.

Years
I only level grind if:
  • My Pokemon are nowhere near strong enough for the next Gym Leader/Elite Four
  • I need to evolve a Pokemon
  • I have just evolved a Pokemon with an Exp. Share via Happiness, and don't feel like going back to a Pokemon Center, so I continue training my other Pokemon
  • I want to get at least a few Exp. points for some random Pokemon I found in the PC that I caught months or years ago and haven't trained at all
Actually, with all those conditions, I'm grinding fairly often.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I always level girnd. I always must be at least five levels higher than the gym leader when I battle, so that means lots of time killing wild Pokemon. I've seen a doctor about my "excessive level grinding" syndrome but so far, no cure, so I continue to do it...

Zaicon

Gameplay Expert
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2019
I usually level grind at the beginning of every game, so that I can progress through the story quickly.

I do this as well.

I always level girnd. I always must be at least five levels higher than the gym leader when I battle, so that means lots of time killing wild Pokemon. I've seen a doctor about my "excessive level grinding" syndrome but so far, no cure, so I continue to do it...

If I do enough level grinding in the beginning of the game, I never have to again in order to keep my Pokemon's levels way ahead of the Gym Leader's.

Years

Yeah, Lisa. I agree with you. I often level grind to have advantages over Gym Leaders and to evolve late-evolving Pokemon for Pokedex completion.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
If I've done all of my EV training, whilst having used another non-EV trained team to get to a certain point in the game, I grind my Pokémon to the level based on that point where I am. I do set a certain lvl for myself, like 45, and then grind them all to that lvl.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I used to level-grind my Pokemon so much...but now, not so much anymore. It's basically boring. I just do this my way: jump into the battles with underleveled Pokemon, and pray that I win. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back