• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Magikarp Discussion Thread

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i dont get the point of that pokemon.
it's so weird :P all it does pretty much is splash and tackle.
go gyrados (:

Vapore

Simple to the Core. ♥
Years
Magikarp's a good pokemon imo. I usually catch it at level 15, when it has tackle, so I can use it right away to start training with it. I can honestly say Magikarp's design is one of my all time favorites for Pokemon. =x

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Idunno guys, you dont give him enough credit.

Magikarp @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
-Tackle
-Flail
-Bounce
-Splash

This moveset utilizes Magikarp's ability Swift Swim, which doubles his speed in the Rain. Flail and Tackle would normally be walled by ghosts, but thanks to gen 4 he got Bounce, so he can hit ghost types. Choice Band buffs these moves up even more. In rain, this moveset can be quite devistating.

Magikarp @ Leftovers
252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Spe
Impish Nature
-Bounce
-Flail
-Tackle
-Splash

A bulkier version of the above Magikarp, bounce gives you a turn of immunity and extra leftover's recovery. Flail and Tackle give you decent coverage. Splash is great for PP Stalling at the end of matches.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Idunno guys, you dont give him enough credit.

Magikarp @ Choice Band
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
-Tackle
-Flail
-Bounce
-Splash

This moveset utilizes Magikarp's ability Swift Swim, which doubles his speed in the Rain. Flail and Tackle would normally be walled by ghosts, but thanks to gen 4 he got Bounce, so he can hit ghost types. Choice Band buffs these moves up even more. In rain, this moveset can be quite devistating.

Magikarp @ Leftovers
252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Spe
Impish Nature
-Bounce
-Flail
-Tackle
-Splash

A bulkier version of the above Magikarp, bounce gives you a turn of immunity and extra leftover's recovery. Flail and Tackle give you decent coverage. Splash is great for PP Stalling at the end of matches.

No, you're just wrong.

Magikarp @ Focus Sash
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
-Tackle
-Flail
-Bounce
-Splash

That's the best Magikarp, survive a hit and flail back at them.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
Years
the evolution is good, but you can find it like anywhere so I think its not actually something that is worth looking for. Just get a gyradoes in thw wild.

billios

Water Pokémon Master
Years
magikarp is by far my favorite pokemon EVER
i had a LVL 1 magikarp that lasted 2, yes 2 turnes against my mate's onlix LVL 100!!

I was Ev training on pearl against 'karps when I came across a shiny one,but I sadly didn't have the balls to catch it D;
LOL

Kavii

forever my furret
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
Magikarp's defenses can kick some serious butt which makes me really happy because it shows that Magikarp has good perseverence and determination (and can later evolve/be turned into a Gyarados if you want it to).

Tying it in with the whole Dragon's Gate mythology, it just makes lots of sense.

Kavii

forever my furret
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
Its a beast. It can bounce as high as it wants too (it learns bounce through move tutor, thats epic).

It can bounce so high it can flyyy! :D

Would have been awesome if it could have learned Fly to match (not that I would use it necessarily).

Back