• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon BW2 Menu

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 15, 2015
I have an error it's Script 'Bw menu script ' line 26 SyntaxError occurred. How do I fix it? I really want to use this script for my game.

Years
I have an error it's Script 'Bw menu script ' line 26 SyntaxError occurred. How do I fix it? I really want to use this script for my game.

Thread tools --> Show printable version you need to copy the code from there. pokecom is known for breaking code.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
just create the pokegear as an item. like this

after this here

Code:
   $PokemonMap.whiteFluteUsed=false
   next 1
})

add

Code:
# make the pokegear an item
ItemHandlers::UseFromBag.add(:POKEGEAR,proc{|item|
   Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} used the {2}.",$Trainer.name,PBItems.getName(item)))
   pbLoadRpgxpScene(Scene_Pokegear.new)
   next 1
})

and add this in the items txt file in the pbs

632,POKEGEAR,Pokegear,8,0,"Oh cool, a pokegear.",2,0,6

In wich script is this line?

Years
---------------------------
Pokemon Lendas Místicas
Erro no Script BW Menu, em 88 na linha 'SyntaxError'
OK
HELLLPPPP!!! :C

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
When I test the game a mistake Syntax Error type I appears on line 78 of the script and see what that line is this part:sprites ["party"] if $ x = 9 Trainer.party.length> 0sprites. ["party"]. y = 62
Could someone tell me how to fix it please?

Leon Draceus

Palette Works Leader
Years
Please help me!
-----------------------------------------------
Exception: TypeError
BW_Pause Menu:340:in `&'
BW_Pause Menu:340:in `update'
BW_Pause Menu:171:in `pbMenuLoop'
BW_Pause Menu:251:in `pbStartAnimation'
BW_Pause Menu:136:in `pbStartScene'
BW_Pause Menu:634:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
Scene_Map:196:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:167:in `updateOldFL'
HUD:121:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'
6PIyZye.png

Arkadious

Developer of Fragmentum
Years
Just thought I'd post a quick error I found with this script in Essentials 16.2. It's probably old news, but I really like this script.

Trying to access the pokedex doesn't work if you have multiple pokedex regions unlocked such as the kanto, johto, and national dex that vanilla Essentials has. It just plays the sound fx, and then nothing... it acts as if nothing has been pressed.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Please, can somebody help me?
I used this script and It works really good, but I also have EliteBattle and in Trainer battles you cant open your Party Screen!
But it works in Wild battles...
I dont know much about scripting it would be cool if somebody could help me.
Here the full Error:

Exception: NoMethodError
New Bag:300:in `update'
SpriteWindow:1131:in `pbUpdateSpriteHash'
SpriteWindow:1119:in `each'
SpriteWindow:1119:in `pbUpdateSpriteHash'
SpriteWindow:1269:in `pbFadeOutAndHide'
SpriteWindow:1267:in `each'
SpriteWindow:1267:in `pbFadeOutAndHide'
SpriteWindow:1266:in `pbDeactivateWindows'
SpriteWindow:1312:in `pbActivateWindow'
SpriteWindow:1312:in `pbDeactivateWindows'

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Just thought I'd post a quick error I found with this script in Essentials 16.2. It's probably old news, but I really like this script.

Trying to access the pokedex doesn't work if you have multiple pokedex regions unlocked such as the kanto, johto, and national dex that vanilla Essentials has. It just plays the sound fx, and then nothing... it acts as if nothing has been pressed.

yea same issue ...
I haven't found a solution

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 3, 2020
Hmmm...
Can't seem to get it to work.
Do we need to delete the old bag script as well? Or am I doing something wrong? I placed the icons correctly, I'm sure, but I am a bit confused as to where exactly in the pictures folder to put the pictures (i.e., inside a separate folder or along with the other pictures in the main folder). Also, having a slight confusion about where to put the audio (I'm such an idiot!-_-).
Can anyone please help me?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
Can anyone please help me?
Well you do not provide much details, and the instructions of the first post are rather clear. What is not working exactly?

If your script is placed correctly but your pictures aren't, you will probably get an error message stating that your pictures cannot be found.

What version of Essentials do you use? Because the post above yours says:

The script needs to be updated for v1.7

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
for some reason it does not work for me
i've put the script above main like you said and the folders in their place, still when i press X the default menu still pops up

Back