Dragon Type

Age 33
Male
Hawaii
Seen July 28th, 2018
Posted August 26th, 2014
27 posts
5.7 Years
Totally monitoring this hack.. I can't wait to see it get close to completion.
This signature has been disabled.
Signature is 700px wide
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Mana

Age 28
Male
UK
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted November 1st, 2019
10,076 posts
10.9 Years
I rate this, so much. A very mysterious story, uncovering secret pasts sounds very intriguing. I also love your choice of additional pokemon to bring in to the region - a mix of scifi and mythology inspired beasts.

Your choice of tiles go really well together, and although your mapping style isn't always my cup of tea your maps fit together perfectly - you have a really strong 'look' going on.

I love the addition of secrets and hidden areas, those kind of extra-bonuses are great as a player (and fun making too, I bet). It adds a bit of authenticity to a ROM-Hack, if it isn't all story-story-story. Every good game needs some exploration and side-quests!

I look forward to more progress ^_^.

Spherical Ice

Age 21
Bristol, UK
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted September 24th, 2019
5,254 posts
12 Years
I just looked their Base Stats up and found that it didn't really matter actually... Tangrowth had the BST of 535, Yanmega of 515, and Mamoswine of 530... but at their pre-evolutions Swinub is at a huge disadvantage having 250 BST while the other two had 435(Tangela) and 390(Yanma and a bit low at that) and I think Piloswine should replace Swinub with a BST 430 but then Yanma would fall behind.. In this way the game would be like Yanma - Hard, Piloswine - Medium, Tangela - Easy having a base 100 Sp. Attack and 115 Base Defense at that...
Yeah, as I said, they're not final, I'll probably change them.

Don't forget to take in their movesets and how the Spherical would plot out the storyline.
This is a valid point.

Spherical! Hurry up already! I want to play this hack. Man, it looks so awesome, all the ancient stuff and theme of the storyline :^) And damn, those tiles and title screen look beautiful! (no homo)
I can't wait to play the beta
Thanks!

Nice house tile! ^^ I can't wait to see mooooore omg.
Thanks!

Awesome job there Spherical Ice !!!I really like the story , the tiles and the original features you added like the four sages instead of the pokemon league and the hidden grottoes ( I think Black 2 / White 2 had a similar feature ) .Keep up the good work !!! Good luck on this ( and I hope you'll get back to Cobalt sometime I really liked it too )
Thanks! The Four Sages of Orbtus aren't exactly a replacement of the Elite Four, though.

This immediently caught my attention as well. The tile itself and its abillity to blend, or well Spherical's abillity to blend it in perfectly.

Sages, ancient mysteries, exploration, you've caught my attention. Looking forward to play it.
Thanks!

Wow! I really love the tiles, they look amazing. :)

Really looking forward to this hack because of the mystical themes. There's a lot of potential to the story. How much of the story is complete, just wondering?

Best of luck! Hope you finish it. :)
Thanks! Quite a lot of the story is planned out in my head, but the hack itself doesn't have much completed yet.

Dayyuuumn Spherical Ice I really like those starters. I'll definately go with Yanma, but will it have speed boost, or will you just give that to Yanmega for balancing purposes? I wish you the best of luck on this hack, again.
Thanks!

Totally monitoring this hack.. I can't wait to see it get close to completion.
Thanks!

I rate this, so much. A very mysterious story, uncovering secret pasts sounds very intriguing. I also love your choice of additional pokemon to bring in to the region - a mix of scifi and mythology inspired beasts.

Your choice of tiles go really well together, and although your mapping style isn't always my cup of tea your maps fit together perfectly - you have a really strong 'look' going on.

I love the addition of secrets and hidden areas, those kind of extra-bonuses are great as a player (and fun making too, I bet). It adds a bit of authenticity to a ROM-Hack, if it isn't all story-story-story. Every good game needs some exploration and side-quests!

I look forward to more progress ^_^.
Thank you!

It looks very cool, which program do you use (if i may ask)?

Ty.
There is a list of the tools used on the first post.

I've mostly been working on updating the mechanics to that of Generation 6's, which includes implementing the Generation 4 physical / special / status split, Fairy-type, decapitalisation, new moves, etc. Have some screenshots:

Of course, most of this isn't really my work, so credit goes to DoesntKnowHowToPlay, Darthatron, Choas Rush and all of the other contributors to The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource for their respective work.

Spherical Ice

Age 21
Bristol, UK
Seen 7 Hours Ago
5,254 posts
12 Years
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAIRY TYYYYYYYYYYPPPEEESS!!!! Yeeeey!!

I'm so gonna play this when this comes out... I really like the story line, the graphics, the features.. everything!!! gotta wait..
Haha, I'm glad to see you're excited. Thanks!

Anyway, this is just a small update to showcase the extended Pokédex and new moves I've been implementing:

(If it's of any interest to you, those are custom Pokédex entries. Turtwig likely won't be available in Celanto Town, either.)

Spherical Ice

Age 21
Bristol, UK
Seen 7 Hours Ago
5,254 posts
12 Years
So how many new Pokemon are you gonna put?
There's the "infrastructure" (for want of a better term) for more than 712 Pokémon, so that I can retain their proper National Dex numbers. As for how many Pokémon will actually be available? Well, I'm not sure, but this spoiler lists ones I'm confident are appearing (this is nowhere near comprehensive, it's just ones that definitely will):

Spoiler:
Yanmega
Tangrowth
Mamoswine
Turtwig line
Chimchar line
Piplup line
Snivy line
Tepig line
Oshawott line
Chespin line
Fennekin line
Froakie line
Regigigas
Golett line
Sigilyph
Elgyem line

As well as some Fairy-types.

Spherical Ice

Age 21
Bristol, UK
Seen 7 Hours Ago
5,254 posts
12 Years
Nice! Looking forward to this.
Thanks!

This just shows a small ASM routine I wrote which allows you to view the Ancient Tablet a little closer. For now, it's kind of redundant, but it was mostly an exercise for me to practice displaying images with swi 0x12. Thanks to daniilS for the general guidance and for putting up with my stupid questions.

This is a sneak peek of Phoena Tunnel, the first cave of the hack.

In non-screenshot news, I've also got cries to work for the Generation 4, 5 and 6 Pokémon, and I have been inserting them as their Pokémon are added. All in all, things are coming together nicely!

Spherical Ice

Age 21
Bristol, UK
Seen 7 Hours Ago
5,254 posts
12 Years
I can't wait until it's fully completed :)
Me neither!

Progress is still being made, albeit slowly: I've recently made an aggregate image of all of the maps so far and ironing out any inconsistencies, as well as planning good places to add extra content. I also finally got around to inserting all of the updated sprites, and have started to map out Aerlic Valley and Aerlic City. Take a look!

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,061 posts
11.9 Years
This project looks very intriguing, interesting choice of starters too! Will definitely keep watching this one, good luck with this. :)

machomuu

Lilybilly

Male
Americalanavania
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
10,424 posts
11.7 Years
I have a question, did you pit gen 6 Pokémon in the game?
Straight from the first post:
  • Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos Pokémon. As a varied region, Orbtus sees the appearance of Pokémon such as Golett, Sigilyph, Beheeyem, and more.
Lize stands for:
L - Love
I - Of
Z - My
E - Life
Eternally bound, eternally paired, eternally Dutch. Say hi to her will ya? It'll be the best decision you make today. Promise.

Spherical Ice

Age 21
Bristol, UK
Seen 7 Hours Ago
5,254 posts
12 Years
I can't stop looking at your screenshots. The maps are spot on. Love the kinda Nintendo style with your own things. Really, best looking hack out there. If only I could still hack..apart from mapping haha.
Amazing!
Thanks dude! I appreciate it!

God, that is so awesome! <3 How you keep with the original fr tiles and added some looks beautiful. I love the cave as well, I just can't wait for more screeny! ^^
Thanks!

This project looks very intriguing, interesting choice of starters too! Will definitely keep watching this one, good luck with this. :)
Thanks, the good luck is appreciated!

I have a question, did you pit gen 6 Pokémon in the game?
Technically, all 712 Pokémon are in the ROM, but only a handful from each generation will actually be obtainable. That does include some Generation 6 Pokémon, though, so don't worry.

all i can say that it's very cool!!
i'll wait for this to be released
Thanks! I'm working on it, hopefully a release will come soon (not that soon).

This looks very promising. Can't wait to have a crack at this. I was thinking that you could incorporate a partial nuzlocke to make things more challenging, whereby a pokemon on fainting cannot be immediately revived but needs to spend some time in "recuperation' before being used again.
Thank you! A nuzlocke mode would certainly be interesting, though for now I'm going to concern myself more with getting the regular hack finished first. In the future, though, it would be an interesting feature to implement and would definitely test my abilities. Thanks for the support!

In terms of hacking, Gaia hasn't seen much measurable progress recently, and most of what I have been doing is slightly adjusting and reorganisating some maps to make the region flow more cohesively and, in some cases, logically. This has led to Celanto Town (and some other maps, albeit to a lesser extent) being remade, and I think the result makes them look far better:

I have also been expanding Phoena Tunnel, so this will delay progress a little bit as it means I won't be able to go on to work on Aerlic Valley and Aerlic City for a little longer. This is only a minor setback though, and it is a necessary "evil" as, prior to this, it simply made no sense, geographically. The way it is now also extends the game a little bit, and, in my opinion, makes the world seem more fleshed out, so it's definitely an improvement. I'm working hard, though, and new content will be on its way soon!

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject

Age 24
Male
California
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted September 29th, 2016
731 posts
8 Years
Thanks dude! I appreciate it!

Thanks!

Thanks, the good luck is appreciated!

Technically, all 712 Pokémon are in the ROM, but only a handful from each generation will actually be obtainable. That does include some Generation 6 Pokémon, though, so don't worry.

Thanks! I'm working on it, hopefully a release will come soon (not that soon).

Thank you! A nuzlocke mode would certainly be interesting, though for now I'm going to concern myself more with getting the regular hack finished first. In the future, though, it would be an interesting feature to implement and would definitely test my abilities. Thanks for the support!

In terms of hacking, Gaia hasn't seen much measurable progress recently, and most of what I have been doing is slightly remapping an reorganisation to make the maps flow more cohesively and, in some cases, logically. This has led to Celanto Town (and some other maps, albeit to a less extent) being remapped, which I think makes it look far better:

I have also been expanding Phoena Tunnel, so this will delay progress a little bit as it means I won't be able to go on to work on Aerlic Valley and Aerlic City for a little longer. This is only a minor setback though, and it is a necessary "evil" prior to this it simply made no sense, geographically. The way it is now also extends the game a little bit, and, in my opinion, makes the world seem more fleshed out, so it's definitely an improvement. I'm working hard, though, and new content will be on its way soon!

No worries, Ice. Like with all hacks, time and patience are needed for the full enjoyment of the creations and brain-children of wonderful people like you ^^
Some of the hacks that I like:

I also support Pokemon Liquid Crystal, Glazed, and a few others who either have large banners or none at all.
I'm often not on, but when I am, I show my support in likes :-D
School is back in session. Time to stress out and disappear (even more so than before).

Logan

Age 24
Male
Salisbury, England
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
10,411 posts
11.1 Years
I like the tablets and how they're displayed on the overworld. Relicanth and Tangrowth are interesting choices so far, really interested to see what other Pokémon may be on them and their relevance.

Spherical Ice

Age 21
Bristol, UK
Seen 7 Hours Ago
5,254 posts
12 Years
Have you completed the storyline? I hope there will be lots of side quests/sub plots. I love all that sort of thing. I have come up with an interesting idea for a side plot if you'd care to hear it?
The story is somewhat "complete", in that I know in my head what the direction will be but nothing (past what I have scripted, at least) is set in stone or written down yet. I'm open to ideas, though, so feel free to share any concepts or ideas you have, particularly for side-plots (which, yes, there will be many of, hopefully)!

No worries, Ice. Like with all hacks, time and patience are needed for the full enjoyment of the creations and brain-children of wonderful people like you ^^
Haha, thanks!

where are the support banners? :)
You tell me!

I like the tablets and how they're displayed on the overworld. Relicanth and Tangrowth are interesting choices so far, really interested to see what other Pokémon may be on them and their relevance.
Thanks! The tablets and the Pokémon they depict do have relevance to the story, and it will all be made clear in-game.

I'm still working on minor things, like last time, but I do have a small demonstration of Rock Climb working (as well as of Bidoof, I suppose):

Advertiser Content