Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

Ad Content

#26   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old November 29th, 2018 (11:42 AM).
Cosmog Enthusiast

Nature: Quiet
    Daily Lives of High School Boys. Thought it wouldn’t interest me, but after the first episode I loved it. The comedy is so well timed.

Name: Lucky
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
      #27   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old November 29th, 2018 (4:47 PM).

Nature: Adamant
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pemderp View Post
    Daily Lives of High School Boys. Thought it wouldn’t interest me, but after the first episode I loved it. The comedy is so well timed.
    You know, I hear this a lot.
      #28   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old December 16th, 2018 (3:13 AM). Edited December 16th, 2018 by SurrealBrain.

I wouldn't say I expected to hate it per se, but I will admit, I went into Azumanga Daioh having no idea what to expect. I was largely exposed to it thanks to my cousin, and when I saw the first volume at a random bookstore I went to, I grabbed it, and got ready to read it.

What I got was one of the funniest, cutest, and best anime I had ever seen. I've enjoyed every moment, and was kinda sad to reach the end. Granted, I was already a bit late to the party when I read the manga and watched the anime, since this was back in 2008, but the ADV volumes of the anime and manga had yet to leave print, so at least I came in right in the nick of time; a year later, and I would have been pretty well left to dry outside the Yen Press omnibus.
        #29   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old December 17th, 2018 (4:07 AM).

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by SurrealBrain View Post
      I wouldn't say I expected to hate it per se, but I will admit, I went into Azumanga Daioh having no idea what to expect. I was largely exposed to it thanks to my cousin, and when I saw the first volume at a random bookstore I went to, I grabbed it, and got ready to read it.

What I got was one of the funniest, cutest, and best anime I had ever seen. I've enjoyed every moment, and was kinda sad to reach the end. Granted, I was already a bit late to the party when I read the manga and watched the anime, since this was back in 2008, but the ADV volumes of the anime and manga had yet to leave print, so at least I came in right in the nick of time; a year later, and I would have been pretty well left to dry outside the Yen Press omnibus.
      This is essentially the story of how I got interested in exploring anime beyond typical shounen stuff.
        #30   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old December 19th, 2018 (2:05 AM).
      I AM DECEPTICON

Nature: Quiet
        Black Clover. Early eps is just the main character screaming all the time. Then as you progress, the screaming decreases and will enjoy the episode more.

I AM DECEPTICON

THE REVOLUTION BEGINS NOW

Quick Reply