Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Ad Content

Linked Article: First trailer for Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution revealed View article on PokéCommunity Daily

New Pokémon movie trailer revealed, demonstrates Mewtwo in CGI.

Read the article
  #1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old January 5th, 2019 (5:37 AM).
That's Deneb, Altair, and Vega.

Nature: Quirky

Mewtwo’s in CGI, guys!

(Late thread, sorry.)
  #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old January 5th, 2019 (12:12 PM).
married to the music

Nature: Brave
Huuuhhh, I would have to watch and see. I like Pokemon in 2D animation, personally.
Though, I do love Mewtwo, and I'd give this one a chance.
The throwback is really nice!

눈부시게 아름다운 건 항상 그래
쓰러질 듯 또 흔들려

previously known as Drew
paired to Palamon
  #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old February 1st, 2019 (7:18 PM).
Love Bites

Nature: Hardy
    I find it sad that we're getting a retread of the first movie only with better CGI instead of something original. God, the Gen 7 films have been such a freaking disaster in terms of content, and idk why we couldn't just get a canon film focusing on the SuMo cast.
      #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old February 1st, 2019 (9:22 PM).
    Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
      I find it sad that we're getting a retread of the first movie only with better CGI instead of something original. God, the Gen 7 films have been such a freaking disaster in terms of content, and idk why we couldn't just get a canon film focusing on the SuMo cast.
      So the mere fact they've yet to make a movie with the SuMo cast brings up two questions one must ask and answer. 1) Are they ashamed of their SuMo creation to such an extent that they can't even make a movie revolving around them? 2) If SuMo does not receive such a movie, does it take the title as the worst series to date?

Seem to recall me and Hikamaru debating this awhile back when the first movie came out and hints of the 2nd movie were coming to light. Now that we're on Movie#3 for Generation 7, its hard to fathom that they'd do a 4th Movie seeing as SuMo doesn't have much longer to go. Reminds me... I should update my Top Series list in the coming weeks as its been awhile since my last update.

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
        #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old February 2nd, 2019 (3:02 AM).
      Banned

Quote:
        Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
        So the mere fact they've yet to make a movie with the SuMo cast brings up two questions one must ask and answer. 1) Are they ashamed of their SuMo creation to such an extent that they can't even make a movie revolving around them? 2) If SuMo does not receive such a movie, does it take the title as the worst series to date?

Seem to recall me and Hikamaru debating this awhile back when the first movie came out and hints of the 2nd movie were coming to light. Now that we're on Movie#3 for Generation 7, its hard to fathom that they'd do a 4th Movie seeing as SuMo doesn't have much longer to go. Reminds me... I should update my Top Series list in the coming weeks as its been awhile since my last update.
        To be fair, them not having the movies focus on SuMo may have also been the result of the Kalos movies being box office bombs (especially the Hoopa and Volcanion movies). Of course, that being said, the Gen 7 movies haven't really done much better either, since Movie 21 did poorly compared to Movie 20, for example.
          #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old February 2nd, 2019 (7:56 AM).
        A bagel... TWO BAGELS!!

Nature: Timid
          I do think the new movies are supposed to be attempts at like revamping the series for the veterans if I'm being candid. The SuMo anime does this too with Brock and Misty appearing but I think that's geared more towards newer fans who have played Pokemon Lets Go rather than veterans. So I think they're trying to hit both demographics by having the anime focus on newbies and the movies focus on oldies. Is it working? Ehhh.

Quick Reply