Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old February 3rd, 2019 (5:02 PM).
from pallet town

Nature: Gentle
So when searching for a new anime to watch or new manga to read what first catches your attention and tends to draw you in? The synopsis, the characters, the art or animation (from a trailer or something)? What are normally the things that keep you from moving on to the next anime after the first 1-5 episodes?

Normally it's a mix between all three. Then if I find a character that I want to continue to watch grow I'll continue it. If not then I'll move onto something else. I can't really watch an anime or read a manga if I don't care about at least one of the characters, no matter how good the story is (but really is it if I can't care about even one character?) or how amazing the art style/animation is.
  #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old February 4th, 2019 (6:57 AM).
A bagel... TWO BAGELS!!

Nature: Timid
    I usually read a synopsis and look at the art style first. If both look good then I'll give it three episodes. There's no one thing that really draws me in, rather its a combination of an art style I like, an interesting plot, and a character I can support.

#3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old February 4th, 2019 (9:11 AM).

For a completely fresh series, I look at a synopsis.

For series I've heard of quite a bit I'll use a combination of synopsis, popular opinion, as well as the opinions of those I know and those I know who have similar anime preferences to me to determine what's worth my time.

What keeps me in is whether I'm engrossed in the story and/or otherwise having fun with characters or storylines.
      #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old February 4th, 2019 (10:36 PM).

Nature: Quiet
    synopsis then genre tags. but even if i like those but not the atmosphere of the anime itself, i'll go ahead and drop it. i'll give it 5 episodes though before i form a solid opinion
      #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old February 5th, 2019 (12:08 PM).

Nature: Adamant
    Synopsis comes first, then art and then during the first few episodes it shifts to characters and execution of the plot for the most part.
      #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old February 9th, 2019 (5:16 PM).
    Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.

Nature: Calm
      Overlord was one of the anime that i thought at first would be bad... Cause of protagonist not having the looks like Kirito of Sao or other anime with cool Protagonists. But once i tried it i wanted to watch more and more, sometimes it feels like the studios/ creators of anime/ manga do this on purpose to make the anime bad at first and then surpriseee it becomes slowly good.
        #7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old February 11th, 2019 (4:05 AM).

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by simone1234 View Post
      Overlord was one of the anime that i thought at first would be bad... Cause of protagonist not having the looks like Kirito of Sao or other anime with cool Protagonists. But once i tried it i wanted to watch more and more, sometimes it feels like the studios/ creators of anime/ manga do this on purpose to make the anime bad at first and then surpriseee it becomes slowly good.
      I feel like the fault is on you as the viewer there for assuming the show would be bad because the protag wasn't ridiculously attractive for no reason. That being said, I'm not sure what your answer to the question in the OP is?

Are you saying overlord got your attention specifically because you didn't like how it looked?
        #8   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old February 11th, 2019 (5:22 AM). Edited February 11th, 2019 by simone1234.
      Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.

Nature: Calm
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
        I feel like the fault is on you as the viewer there for assuming the show would be bad because the protag wasn't ridiculously attractive for no reason. That being said, I'm not sure what your answer to the question in the OP is?

Are you saying overlord got your attention specifically because you didn't like how it looked?
        Ah, i think i didn't explain good (one of my bad sides is that i'm sometimes not good with explaining things)

Hmm, what i meant was that i knew the show was good but i myself would not like it cause of the protagonist, i had mostly chosen these years anime based on story , graphics and good looking protagonists with no glasses, but overlord i was reminded thanks to my br who also watched it and i don't remember exactly how he changed my mind about watching it. (Most of time i am the one who reccommends anime to him)
          #9   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:49 AM).

hmm

Quick Reply