Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Ad Content

#76   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old January 28th, 2019 (3:39 PM).
Love Bites

Nature: Hardy
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RickGrimes View Post
    Sure, Palpitoad's type is an advantage, but what happens when that advantage is lost? Makes me want to bang my head against a brick wall.
    This isn't aimed at you personally, but I do recall reading the Nimbasa Gym battle threads back in 2011 on BMGf and Sppf and seeing so much hate toward Ash because of his choice to use Palpitoad. I mean sure, him wanting to rely on it solely was silly, yet many of the same fans who criticized him for using game logic were the same ones who whined whenever he would ignore type advantages in previous matches.
      #77   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old January 29th, 2019 (7:46 AM).
    Banned

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
      This isn't aimed at you personally, but I do recall reading the Nimbasa Gym battle threads back in 2011 on BMGf and Sppf and seeing so much hate toward Ash because of his choice to use Palpitoad. I mean sure, him wanting to rely on it solely was silly, yet many of the same fans who criticized him for using game logic were the same ones who whined whenever he would ignore type advantages in previous matches.
      Maybe, but at least back in those instances, he was smart enough to use a backup strategy.
        #78   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old January 30th, 2019 (10:42 AM).

Nature: Calm
        Quote:
        I'm aware that having the type advantage isn't always a guaranteed victory. The perfect example was using Heracross against Tobias and his Darkrai back in DP. I mean, Heracross (Bug/Fight) is the best possible matchup with Darkrai being dark type and all.

In this case, the problem isn't using Palpitoad. It's using ONLY Palpitoad. Surprised Elesa let that one slide.
          #79   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old February 11th, 2019 (5:53 PM).
        from pallet town

Nature: Gentle
        Ash is just fine the way he is he doesnt need to change :)
          #80   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old February 11th, 2019 (8:45 PM).
        Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.

1)Make Ash ketchum stronger, he was good in running/jumping in trees like the scene with Iris, but in alola he seemed weaker...

2) Make him the next league winner to go against Champion/elite four etc and let him win for once a big league (not like the drake cup) so that he can surprise the next buddy traveler that he is the champion. (I wanted him to surprise lillie of being one of the best in previous season but he didn't mention it i think...)
            #81   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old February 12th, 2019 (11:19 AM).
          Canine pokemon fan

Quote:
            Originally Posted by simone1234 View Post
            2) Make him the next league winner to go against Champion/elite four etc and let him win for once a big league (not like the drake cup)
            You know that if he does that, the anime would end right?

Original nick - BH
            Name - Bartek
              #82   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old February 12th, 2019 (11:26 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Entei Fan View Post
              You know that if he does that, the anime would end right?
              But he won the Drake thing(even though it was not a big league) and yet he continued his adventure, in each season its like people in the anime are forgetting what ash did

(only a few mentioned asked something about best 16 or something to ash)

If Ash wins he can still go to another far away place with a plane to where people don't know him, right?
                #83   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old February 12th, 2019 (11:43 AM).
              Canine pokemon fan

Quote:
                But he won the Drake thing(even though it was not a big league) and yet he continued his adventure, in each season its like people in the anime are forgetting what ash did
                Oh god i geuss you're right

Original nick - BH
                Name - Bartek
                  #84   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old February 12th, 2019 (1:53 PM). Edited February 12th, 2019 by weedle_mchairybug.
                Banned

Quote:

(only a few mentioned asked something about best 16 or something to ash)

If Ash wins he can still go to another far away place with a plane to where people don't know him, right?
                  Yeah, and besides, even if he does win the league, DP established that he needs to fight the region's Elite 4 before he can either get the title of World's Greatest Pokémon Master, or at least get another step forward to that goal.

Quite frankly, I was irritated that Hidaka said that it would be the end of the show. Makes me think he didn't even bother to pay attention to the Orange Islands. Doesn't help either that Ash won against the Battle Frontier Brains, who were strongly implied if not stated by Scott to be as strong as an Elite 4 Member bare minimum, yet still continued his journey.

EDIT: Just remembered something else: He really needs to actually meet Ho-Oh and have his connection to it actually explained more, especially when they never covered Ho-Oh, or Ash's connection to it since the beginning of DP (and no, Movie 20 doesn't count, as it's an AU film).
                    #85   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old February 12th, 2019 (3:43 PM).

I wonder if maybe Ash will remain forever until they don't have no more ideas of new pokemon to create , cause pokemon master does sound like "king of pokemon" and after that the end of the video games of pokemon. ( Like one piece king of pirates =end)
                      #86   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old February 13th, 2019 (4:36 AM).
                    Banned

Quote:
                      I wonder if maybe Ash will remain forever until they don't have no more ideas of new pokemon to create , cause pokemon master does sound like "king of pokemon" and after that the end of the video games of pokemon. ( Like one piece king of pirates =end)
                      Honestly, the utter lack of a concrete definition to Ash's goal is one of the reasons I'm very irritated with the anime right now. For goodness sakes, the female characters, yes, even including Misty, had far more defined goals than Ash did. Heck, even Brock had more of a defined goal than Ash did. If you're going to bother having Ash do a goal for who knows how long, at least define it to such an extent that there's an actual concrete endpoint, which is the entire POINT of having a goal.
                        #87   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old February 13th, 2019 (1:22 PM).
                      Not Frankie Muniz

By scrapping him completely and running each series with the main canon protag

She says "𝓨𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓶𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝔀𝓸𝓸𝓭."
                      ᴼʰ ʰᵒⁿᵉʸ, ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ sʜᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ.
                      𝒮𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀𝓈 𝒾𝓉'𝓈 𝓈𝑒𝓍𝓎 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑜𝓎𝓈 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓉𝒶𝓁𝓀 𝓈𝑜 𝓂𝓊𝒸𝒽.
                      Come over, and wreck my ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ

𝓟𝓪𝓲𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓛𝓲𝓶𝓮𝔂-𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷❤

#88   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old February 14th, 2019 (12:55 AM). Edited February 14th, 2019 by weedle_mchairybug.
                      Banned

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Pigbeetle View Post
                        By scrapping him completely and running each series with the main canon protag
                        Fine, but they really should make sure he at least succeeds in his goal before they scrap him completely (or at the very least have him change his goal to a more reasonable one, like what Gary and Brock did). I'd hate to see him be forced out without even accomplishing his goal. I hated seeing that happen to Misty, I sure as heck wouldn't want to see that happen to Ash.
                          #89   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old February 15th, 2019 (2:57 PM). Edited February 15th, 2019 by Quiji.
                        Love Bites

Quote:
                          The Orange League win wasn't even a major accomplishment compared to the other Leagues, so I can see why Ash's win there had almost no fanfare. But it was implied ten years ago in a staff interview that Ash winning an actual [relevant] League won't happen till around the end of the series.
                            #90   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old February 15th, 2019 (7:02 PM).
                          Banned

Quote:
                            The Orange League win wasn't even a major accomplishment compared to the other Leagues, so I can see why Ash's win there had almost no fanfare. But it was implied ten years ago in a staff interview that Ash winning an actual [relevant] League won't happen till around the end of the series.
                            Well, considering that Ash got runner up at Kalos in one of the show's more controversial moves, I'd say they're pretty close to the end of the series as it is. Besides, they'd still need to have Ash challenge the Elite 4 before he's even close to achieving his goal per what DP stated.

In any case, regardless of whether the Orange League is major or not, the Battle Frontier most certainly was pretty major of an accomplishment (It'd have to be considering the Frontier Brains were indicated by Scott and Agatha to at the very LEAST be as strong as an Elite 4 member), yet they treated that as a joke afterward.
                              #91   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old February 16th, 2019 (11:34 AM).
                            Hoenn confirmed

Nature: Careful
                              Quote:
                              Technically I guess he could, but if his journey will continue regardless of him winning or losing then I don't see what the point of him winning would be other than his fans living vicariously through his victory.
                                #92   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old February 16th, 2019 (12:00 PM). Edited February 16th, 2019 by simone1234.

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Taste of Tea View Post
                                Technically I guess he could, but if his journey will continue regardless of him winning or losing then I don't see what the point of him winning would be other than his fans living vicariously through his victory.

For example if he wins the next league they could invite him for next season to join something new similiar to battle frontier but where only Champions are allowed to battle with some unique trainers, and if he wins against them all, he can journey back to old places in new season, then he can retry other old leagues in which he lost and see if he became better or to lose again and then get better in next season etc, and the last season he could try a new league where only chosen trainers are allowed '' who collected some number of gym badges'' and if he wins all he has to battle the strongest trainer up til now (not champion but something similiar ) and after that he will think on what to do next while going back home, but then some kind of unique new pokemon appears who asks him to go to the next region and tells him that on the next one is the place where his dream might come true if he wins the league there.

But if he lose then he has to train more and continue his journey till he can one day fight again vs the strongest league.

And if he wins the strongest pokemon/leader of all pokemon will kneel before him and use telepathy to tell him he is the pokemon king/master etc and then all pokemon in the world will know that ash is the true master.
                                  #93   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old 4 Weeks Ago (11:36 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Mr. Slowpoke.

I’ve really only seen Indigo (and currently re-watching it) but I’m sure hoping he gains some competence. He’s a fun character but he’s a bit of an idiot most times. :)
                                    #94   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:18 PM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Quiji.
                                  Love Bites

Quote:
                                    That 'living vicariously' bit is sadly true since most fans here and on other fansites (even if they try to deny it) mainly want Ash to win so that they can get secondhand enjoyment out of it. The plot doesn't matter to them as long as they can see Ash win another trophy that ultimately would just collect dust on a shelf in Delia's living room.
                                      #95   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:45 PM).
                                    weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
                                    Banned

Quote:
                                      That 'living vicariously' bit is sadly true since most fans here and on other fansites (even if they try to deny it) mainly want Ash to win so that they can get secondhand enjoyment out of it. The plot doesn't matter to them as long as they can see Ash win another trophy that ultimately would just collect dust on a shelf in Delia's living room.
                                      What I want is for Ash to actually succeed in his goal. And if that means having him win a League, so be it. They should have defined his goal so we at least know the endgoal. Unfortunately, we don't have a concrete definition thanks to the writers, so winning a league, not to mention beating the Elite 4, is the closest we're EVER going to get to him accomplishing his goal. The point of goals is to accomplish them, after all.
                                        #96   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old 4 Weeks Ago (11:05 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by AveeVaporGlitch.
                                      AveeVaporGlitch AveeVaporGlitch is offline
                                      Stuck In Unova

Age him and let him grow. By giving him a older age you can explore more with him. A 13yr old Ash would be dealing with different stuff than a 10 yr old Ash. The fact the anime is afraid to do this bugs me. Personally that is why I liked OS-DP. It felt like Ash was growing up. But of course BW came in ruining it for us. (Since technically prior Ash still being 10 had never been mentioned)

Quote:
                                        I mean we know of the champion league. So even if he did win a regular league he still has more to do. Heck we have even seen champions travel. I'd see it as even if Ash won a league he could lose that champion league only to win the next one but still travel since other regions could be even stronger and he can learn more.
                                          #97   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                        Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:05 AM).
                                        weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
                                        Banned

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by AveeVaporGlitch View Post
                                          Age him and let him grow. By giving him a older age you can explore more with him. A 13yr old Ash would be dealing with different stuff than a 10 yr old Ash. The fact the anime is afraid to do this bugs me. Personally that is why I liked OS-DP. It felt like Ash was growing up. But of course BW came in ruining it for us. (Since technically prior Ash still being 10 had never been mentioned)

I mean we know of the champion league. So even if he did win a regular league he still has more to do. Heck we have even seen champions travel. I'd see it as even if Ash won a league he could lose that champion league only to win the next one but still travel since other regions could be even stronger and he can learn more.
                                          Yeah, agreed on both fronts. And quite frankly, the fact that Alola didn't even HAVE gyms would have made it worth letting Ash win Kalos and win an in-game league just for once. At least there, there actually WOULD be some rhyme and reason for him to essentially "take a vacation" via Alola. Instead, they had him lose in the most pointless manner possible, and worse, they even lied about him possibly winning. I'm not quite as upset that Ash is still 10 in BW, mostly because those eyecatchers already made it clear since AG that Ash was still 10, but I am still pretty irritated that they don't even bother aging him even when time clearly passed between sagas.

Not to mention, they could have had him lose against the Elite 4, then take a break, and then resume his goal, win, then beat the first Elite 4 and then lose, lather rinse and repeat until he gets the title of Champion, and then they can end the series.
                                            #98   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                          Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:41 AM).
                                          AveeVaporGlitch AveeVaporGlitch is offline
                                          Stuck In Unova

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
                                            Yeah, agreed on both fronts. And quite frankly, the fact that Alola didn't even HAVE gyms would have made it worth letting Ash win Kalos and win an in-game league just for once. At least there, there actually WOULD be some rhyme and reason for him to essentially "take a vacation" via Alola. Instead, they had him lose in the most pointless manner possible, and worse, they even lied about him possibly winning. I'm not quite as upset that Ash is still 10 in BW, mostly because those eyecatchers already made it clear since AG that Ash was still 10, but I am still pretty irritated that they don't even bother aging him even when time clearly passed between sagas.

Not to mention, they could have had him lose against the Elite 4, then take a break, and then resume his goal, win, then beat the first Elite 4 and then lose, lather rinse and repeat until he gets the title of Champion, and then they can end the series.
                                            Yeah they clearly have confirmed time passing via Dawn doing the Wallace Cup a second time. As for the whole "We want kids to connect with Ash." when I was 10 I connected with characters that were not 10. Heck I connected with adults in a lot of shows. So I really don't buy that line they use. For example kids idolize super heroes and most if not all are adults. Or they idolize celebs who most of the time are adults or at least teens.
                                              #99   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                            Old 4 Weeks Ago (9:10 AM).
                                            Bethany Jennifer Bethany Jennifer is offline

Make him get together with Dawn, make Pearlshipping cannon.
                                                #100   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                              Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:24 AM).
                                              LadyJirachu LadyJirachu is offline
                                              She's so beautiful :D

Location: Sticking by Korrina (i love her :3)
                                              Ash and Dawn could come together and make pearlshipping cannon.

That would be cute. :)

I didn't make this but its wonderful and beautiful :3 x3

Hiyo, i'm Jirachu~<3 Kawaii Pikachu and Jirachi cross, though now my favorite Pokemon character is Korrina; and I crush HARD on her lemme tell ya lol :3
                                              Jackster is a good friend of mine on this forum so be nice to him please.
                                              I wanna make other good friends here too ^_^
                                              Being girly is wonderful!!!!! :D

Kimi is my big sister and i'm a pokemon fan 4 life :3
                                              http://thekorrinafanklub.proboards.com/
                                              Please join my forum :D

Quick Reply