Fan Fiction and Writing Have a story you want to share? Or in the mood to sit back and read one, instead? Then come hang out here!

Ad Content

#51   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:47 PM).
Darkinium Z

Nature: Sassy
Oh so the first scene is just Jaron having a bad dream there. To be honest since he's a water type being submerged in water is probably the last thing to do in terms of hurting/killing him. That's probably just me, though.

So Jasmine and Dolly checked in with same last names, huh. I think it's Jasmine taking Dolly's last name considering her past. Not sure if you mention how last name are given in your world yet.

Okay, so I'm right on my guess, or at least Dolly's last name is confirmed. I think I remember Miss Dresha and wonder how she's able to move around if she's a fish Pokmeon heh. But oh dear over the news of her death. I wonder how bad this will affect things here.

"Meowth are all right. They don't care who you are or anything."
Foul Play [Chapter Seven up!]
  #52   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:25 PM).
Say it with me (Vray-gun)

Contains: Language, Blood, Violence, Child Death [15]
    Chapter 34
    Stinging Rain

Vragon stood outside the door. A heavy look was all he could express as he knocked on the door for the fourth time. “Jaron…” he said to the silence in the room. “I’m…here for you if you need me. Just…” Vragon tried to turn the knob but sighed upon finding it locked. He looked once more at the door and walked down to his room.

I don’t like this. He thought in his head. Jaron, Ciecro, both of them. Miss Dresha was such a sweet lady, who could do this? The fraxure opened the door to his room and plopped down into the chair. It happened while we were away. They said she had a stroke from some traumatic stress, but… his mind darted to something. A phrase that was said during it. “We found her on the stairs.” Vragon knew what this meant, as did the rest. Someone had taken her and somehow caused all this. But it wasn’t a simple thief since nothing was stolen. Maybe the shock of harming the old lady was it?

Vragon leaned back into his chair. He didn’t like where the past thirty minutes of speculation led him. It probably was the red eyes thugs maybe. They knew Jaron and Ciecro so it’s possible they linked it all. No one else had a reason to do it. And… Vragon bit his lip a little as his eyes grew full of sadness. That means, they hurt her and she’s gone because they wanted to know where I was. Looking up at the ceiling, Vragon remembered when the gallade had entered his mind. Who was to say the same wasn’t done for her?

He just sat there, leaning in his chair, guilt infecting his soul. A few tears dropped as he wiped them aside. She introduced me to them…let me stay before I got my own residing. She even- he went on and on. Listing off the many things she had done for him in his mind as if trying to make the weight on his heart that much more crushing.

Finally, enough was enough. He got up and firmly walked straight back to Jaron’s room and was about to grab the doorknob when he was promptly stopped by the arm. His eyes looked up at Dolly’s brown eyes looking back.

“Vray, don’t.”

A sigh escaped the fraxure as he said, “I just wanted to talk with him abo-”

“I mean don’t blame yourself.” Her eyes narrowed as Vragon looked back at her surprised. “I know that look,” She said, moving his arm away from the door. “We’ll talk about it with him together, but you aren’t going to go in there, and say it’s your fault this happened because it isn’t.”

His head fell ashamed, but she patted the shoulder and gave him a hug, indicating there was no harm done. “Sorry,” he said and she gave a shake of her head.

“It’s fine. I understand. Now,” Dolly knocked on the door. “Jaron, please open up.” Her voice was soft and slow. “It’s not good to be alone in this time. Not for you.”

No reply still. Dolly gave a big sigh as she looked at Vragon. “Vray, I think…I think you should go.”

Vragon’s eyes widened. “What?” he queried, however, he stopped as Dolly gave him a serious but assuring gaze. His head lowered and he started walking away.

After going a little way and turning the corner he noticed Ciecro at the end, leaning on the wall. His arms were crossed, his back leaned on the wall, his head was low, and his eyes were firmly shut as if he was trying to push his eyes further in.

“Ciecro,” Vragon announced, walking over.

Ciecro opened his eyes but didn’t look at him. He remained silent as Vragon leaned on the wall next to him. They both leaned there in silence until Vragon broke the silence.

“I’m really sorry, Ciecro.” The charmeleon just gave a grunt in reply, leading Vragon to let his head stare at the floor.

“Vray,” Ciecro suddenly spoke. The fraxure looked up at him as Ciecro got off the wall. “…I need some alone time.”

He started to walk away but something in Vragon didn’t settle for that. Quickly, he grabbed Ciecro’s shoulder about to say something. To his dismay, it was swatted away. “I said I need some f**kin’ time!” Vragon shrank back as Ciecro gritted his teeth and looked at the side, angry but upset he yelled. “I’m…” Vragon hung his head and turned around. “I’m sorry, I’ll leave you alone.”

The fraxure walked off back to his room, leaving Ciecro alone. The charmeleon’s fists tightened as his anger boiled. He wanted to punch something. But he stopped as he looked at his right hand, shaking as it did before. He growled and headed to go for a walk.

Jaron sat in his room; his eyes were still leaking tears as he rested his head on his arms. The sounds of Dolly still knocking on the door filled the room, but he didn’t care. Nothing mattered right now. Why her? He kept saying over and over in his head as the vision of his dream last night filled his mind with terrible thoughts.

Finally, he moved his head to look up at the window. The droplets of rain were hitting it and running down in large amounts and great speed due to how intense the storm was outside. Jaron turned his head once more to the door. He could almost see Dolly’s pleas and the gentle knocks on the door.

Slowly, he got out of his seat, walked over to the door, and undid the bolt. He headed back to his bed this time as Dolly opened the door.

“Jaron,” she said, walking over to him as he sat down, his head low and sniffling. The kangaskhan joined him on the bed, resting her hands on her knees and joining Jaron in looking at the floor. “Jaron,” she said again, “Jaron, I know it’s a lot to take in.”

Her words sounded basic. Nothing new to him. Just like the death of someone he cared for, by someone that wanted something. Building up in anger, Jaron slowly started shaking a little as a scowl crossed his face. “What’s going to happen now?” Jaron asked, looking at her, not caring what sweet phrase he interrupted.

Dolly put her arms on Jaron’s shoulders and said, “I don’t know. However, I know I’m not going to let anyone hurt you or your bro-” Her arms were knocked off.

“How do you f**king know that‽” Jaron demanded, his eyes showing anger and sadness. “You think I ever expected she’d die? How can I know you won’t die too?” His eyes were gushing tears as he kept verbally lashing out as Dolly listened, watching in serious silence with understanding. “Those red eyes bastards first took mom and dad, then Seliph left us to deal with them, and now Dresha is gone! What makes you not be next, or Vragon, or my brother‽ What if I’m left alone‽”

Dolly looked at him with tearful sympathy as Jaron stared back at her. His eyes showed the type of hurt that breaded hatred.

“I can’t have you all die!... I just can’t…” With shaking, Jaron slowly backed up till his wobbly legs caused him to sit on the floor, holding his head with sniffling. “Why is it the ones I care about the ones that go?” He started to cry as his hands dropped to his lap, shielding the ground from his dropping tears.

Dolly slowly got up and walked over. Getting on her knees, she put her arms around him and hugged the sad little boy. “Jaron…”

“I had a dream last night,” Jaron said with a sniffle, not moving his gaze from the ground. The little tears from his eyes rolled down his cheeks as he elaborated. “I thought I had woke up. I looked around but couldn’t find any of you so I headed downstairs. And, no one was there, not even in the town. I…I felt scared, alone, and….I just had to find someone.” He gave a few sniffles as he wiped his eyes. “Dolly…”

Dolly moved her hand to his chin and lifted it up so he could look at her. “It’s okay Jaron. You know me. It’s safe to tell me how you feel.” Her eyes conveyed the care she wanted to show as Jaron’s eyes lowered slightly.

“Dolly…ever since this attack. I’ve been afraid of losing Vray. At first, it was just him, but with Seliph here. I find myself…needing him back to. And…I realized it was affecting Ciecro. I feel like my world is falling apart around me and I want to stop it, but all I have is some dumb promise.”

“Promise?” Dolly asked as Jaron wiped his eyes.

“Yeah…me and Vray made a promise in the last town. To…watch each other’s backs. Heh, it was before you came in on us.” He gave a little grin as Dolly gave a little chuckle.

“Yeah, sorry about that.” She then moved her hand on top of his croconaw head, catching him off guard. “Jaron, how you feel makes sense. I’m glad you told me. Though, I want you to-” Dolly paused, trying to figure what to say. This was starting to make Jaron a little nervous and Dolly realized she was on a timer. “Well…” she finally stated, “I want you to remember I’m here for you. So is Ciecro, Jasmine, and I bet my bread that new friend of yours, Garon, is there for you too.”

Jaron gave a little smile, despite still being sad as he thanked her for the time. “I…I just…” a sigh escaped his mouth as Dolly hugged him. His eyes looked at her as she said, her head next to his.

“Take all the time you need to recover hun. Loss is something we all struggle with.” There seemed to be strong truth in though words. Truth that Jaron might have suspected Dolly had felt once. But he didn’t pry; he was content being hugged by someone he knew cared despite her silly quips. It’s nice to have you, Jaron thought as he looked at the rain outside the window and finally shut his eyes to cry some more.

Seliph, rested his back on the wall. His head was low and his arms were crossed with tension in their weaving. The blue eyes were closed and his breathing was slow and quiet. Across from him sat Jasmine, her head low and sad. “That’s…basically what we just found out.” She wiped her face a little, to catch any forming tears. “Just…in case you didn’t know.”

Seliph was quiet. Though his muscles showed tension, tension from anger. “Thank you for telling me,” he said with a composed tone as he turned to leave. Jasmine didn’t stop him nor say anything, as he slammed the door behind him and likewise slammed his fist on the desk.

So you claim another, He growled in his mind as his fist tightened. This is all wrong. This… He let out a sigh. This is just…too much. The eyes of anger curved to ones of sorrow. Not for himself, but for what the news meant. Deep down, he knew it. Who else would harm an old fish like Dresha, let alone while they were gone? It’s because of me and us…Meaning likely they know my brothers’.

Seliph sat in his chair and held his head. This is all wrong. Over and over this phrase resounded in his mind. It was all he thought about, even time seemed out of his tracking.

A knock came on his door. He quickly turned and after a few breaths to calm himself asked, “Yes?”

“It’s Garon. We need to talk.”

Seliph hesitated at first but finally gave them permission.

Garon opened the door as Swift scampered in and closed it behind them softly. The large garchomp looked at Seliph, not with a judgmental stare from earlier but one of empathy. He walked over to where Seliph sat and gave a head bow. “I’m sorry for my rudeness before.”

Seliph gave a sigh, admitting his own faults too in that hash out from before. “So…what do you want to talk with me about?” Seliph had a pretty good guess what it was though. Before they could answer, Seliph decided to see if he was right. “Is it about my brothers now? Where they’ll stay.”

“Yep,” Swift said in a melancholy tone. “They aren’t safe here anymore, not with their connection to you.”

Seliph gave a little laugh, perplexing the two. “So I guess I ruined their lives again, huh,” Seliph joked, but more out of guilt in how true it felt.

Garon gave a sigh and sat on the ground, not pleased with the jest but also understanding why it was made. “Stay on topic, Seliph,” he requested and Seliph apologized with a nod.

“Anways,” Swift began, “We’re in a rut now. Your brothers have been identified, meaning they can’t just stay in their old home. The red eyes would use them to get to you and you to get to-”

“The vial.” Seliph’s eyes narrowed as Swift nodded in confirmation.

“Yeah…” The heliolisk felt a chill in his spine as he asked, “Do you…have it here?”

Seliph slowly got up and walked over to the drawer. After pulling out a pick and unlocking something in the drawer, Seliph revealed the red eyes formula, resting in its container. The other two looked at it with scowls, more of defensive gestures rather than scoff.

“I see, so that’s it,” Garon spoke, his voice low and growly, “Have you found a proper formula to counter it yet?”

Seliph shook his head. “I’m not my mother in that field,” he admitted, locking the vial back up and putting it back in. “Trust me, I’ve thrown all I have at it.”

Garon moved a talon to his chin and began to ponder while Swift walked over to the window. “So, is that all of it, or is there more?” he asked.

“I can’t answer that.”

Swift nodded in understanding. “Okay, so we need to find a safe haven for your brothers, while also keeping the liquid there protected. Seliph, do you have any ideas?”

“I don’t know of any place to well…really stay.” Seliph shoved his webbed hands into his pockets. “Not like I’ve settled anywhere for too long. I mean, I’ve been pretty active and hard at work not getting hunted.”

“I can see,” Swift answered, a little respect in his voice. “I mean, you’re what twenty and you’ve already fully evolved.”

Seliph gave a sigh. “Well, back to subject.” Seliph’s arms rocked a little, a little indication he wasn’t really happy about the truth Swift said. “My brothers need someplace to stay and well…I don’t have any ideas. Do you two know somewhere?”

The two looked at each other, grins crossed their faces as they looked back. “Oh, but why ask? I mean, a place to stay for your brothers might be bad if it’s from two mons you can’t trust.”

“Oh come on,” Seliph exclaimed, crossing his arms with some frustration.

Swift and Garon chuckled a little as Swift resumed. “It’s fine; we aren’t that stingy. Besides, it’s in our interest as well. Anyways, I think we might know of someone. You ever met your grandfather?”

Seliph raised a finger to muk chin to think. “Mother or father’s side?”

“Father’s” Garon answered, “Your mother’s father passed before you were five.”

“I see.” Seliph shook his head and moves his arms to his sides. “Nope, I haven’t ever really met my dad’s father.”

“Well, he’s been out of Team Alpha since over two decades ago but he’s still pretty strong despite age. His name is Abdule and…while he is a little strict he is probably our best option.” Garon elaborated. “You see he trained a lot with some of the now Norfarion Generals when they were young and even participated in the Amestrian-Yveshian war. It’s hard to really help keep him down.”

“I agree,” Swift said, turning his gaze to Seliph. “We met him once, he’s some old guy yeah and a bit stubborn, but he’ll do his best to keep you all okay. Plus, I know he’ll be glad to know you three are alright. I mean, we didn’t know you three were till you told us and proved it.”

Seliph thought about the suggestion and despite how perfect this would fix things something about it seemed to deter him. After giving it some thought Seliph asked, “So, where does he live?”

“In Cordrian.” Garon tilted his head as Seliph’s faced changed from curiosity to discouragement. “What’s wrong?” the large dragon asked.

“Cordian…in Norfair.” Seliph gave a sigh. “Well, I suppose that would do for my siblings, I mean, Cordian is near the Cinder Faction capital so they can get training. More than likely, grandfather would have them undergo military schooling, correct?”

Swift gave a nod and added, “It is required by Norfarion law for at least two years of military education.”

Seliph felt a little hesitant. “That would be pretty restrictive.”

It was then Swift started to figure out what was deterring Seliph. He made his way to Seliph’s side and looked up at him, saying, “Seliph, are you hesitant going to your homeland?”

“Huh me?” Seliph acted, “Why would I? I mean, it sounds perfectly-”

Swift wasn’t buying it. He promptly interrupted with a “Seliph.” The greninja looked at him as with what looked like a heavy but determined stare said, “Seliph, if you’ve been working on the formula for as long as you have and haven’t figured out a means to even approach it. Then maybe you should turn it into the professionals.”

Seliph scowled at this suggestion. “I can figure it out, I just need to research more. I can handle this, and with my brothers safely out of peril then I ca-”

“See, right there.” Swift pointed at Seliph, who gave him a confused look. “That’s your problem.” Swift’s kind tone was now replaced with one of sharp criticism, while Garon just watched with a wide-eyed stare at the scene unfold. “You keep wanting to do things yourself when you clearly aren’t capable of doing it yourself. I don’t know why you ‘need’ to do this, but I think it says a lot when you talk about having your brothers go to safety as ‘out of the way’.”

Swift walked over to the drawer and pulled it open. Seliph lashed out with his hand to shut it but Swift gave him a glare that made Seliph shudder inside. Swift then let go and faced him directly. “That mentality made you drop them in the first place, right? Not get any help until you absolutely needed it. Don’t you get it Seliph? Something is wrong with you. This isn’t some research to fix things, this is getting to be an obsession. It always is if you ‘need’ something and have to cut someone like your siblings out of your life.”

“How dare you!” Seliph shot back. “You don’t know my reasons for doing anyt-”

“I don’t need to know to see how important it is to you,” Swift replied back. “This hasn’t been about a cure as much as it’s been giving the red eyes what for, right?”

This attack on his integrity just made Seliph angrier. “What? Am I selfish for wanting to stop them‽”

“No, but you’re misguided if you think that doing it by yourself will stop them.” Swift walked away from the drawer and looked at him. “Seliph, you have a problem. You couldn’t trust anyone but yourself and look where it has gotten you. Eight years of isolation. Working on your own to solve some ‘evil juice’, letting them grow up without their brother.”

Seliph gave a grumble at this being brought up again. “I was keeping them safe. Why can’t any of you see that‽ I was identified; they weren’t. I needed them to stay somewhere safe so I could focus on unraveling that!” Seliph pointed at the drawer.

Swift gave a little chuckle making Seliph demand what was so funny. “You know what? Here’s a funny idea, why didn’t you come back to them and help them to Norfair when you had the chance? Why not be honest about why you had to leave?”

“I didn’t have any chance and telling my brothers why would make them come after me.”

“That’s a lie unless they were on you all the time. There’s no way even the red eyes could keep tabs on you for that long. I mean, you killed one of their iris leaders and that spurred them on you more, right? If you were just doing the formula, why not lay low then help your kin out to Norfair so you three could work together on this?”

Seliph crossed his arms and turned around. “You’re awfully demanding of a scared twelve-year-old.”

“Eight f**king years, Seliph!” Swift stated, “You had eight years to return. Yet you claim you researched on that formula and here you are not even closer to solving it than your mother. You basically let them grow up without you and didn’t even bring anything from it.”

“Why are you on my case for that‽” Seliph shouted, “They’re happier there than running around with me all the time.”

“So why not stay in Norfair once you sneak them out with you? Then they’d be even happier.”

“I couldn’t…ugh…you see,” Seliph fumbled as Swift finally put the pieces together.

“Hmph, I get it.” Seliph looked at him, wondering what he was about to say. “You’re…” Swift’s eyes turned from an angry scowl to one that looked concerned. He let out a sigh as he uttered, “You’re…desperate.”

Something in Seliph snapped at hearing that. He managed to stay quiet, but inside he was full of fury.

Swift let out a sigh as his stare ventured over to the drawer. “Seliph, are you sure you can handle that? I’ve heard stories about that formula. What some rehabilitating red eyes say. Like how there’s something in there. Seliph, are you struggling against i-”

Seliph slammed his hand firmly on the desk cutting him off. “I can handle it,” he exclaimed. “And if you had any sense you’d see my eyes aren’t red.” He firmly gestured to his angry blue eyes. Swift was about to clarify what he meant but Seliph had enough. “Would you just stop it‽ I’ve gone through enough hardship trying to find a damn cure without you adding to it!”

“Seliph, that’s enough,” Garon interjected.

“F**k off!” Seliph spat at him. “All you two have done since coming here is question me.” The two mons looked at him with their unwavering attention as Seliph ranted. “First you bring up that I’m rushing it, then act like I had all the ability and time to make things right with my brothers not understanding what I was doing, and now you’re calling me crazy‽”

“No, it’s not that Seliph.” Swift tried to explain but it was too late. Seliph walked to the door and opened it. “Tell Dolly whenever we decide what we’ll do next I’ll be there. Till then, I need some air from two finicky Norfairions breathing down my neck.”

Swift’s temper got the better of him at this. “I’m pressing this because it’s important. I’m sorry you can’t see past your own vista to notice what you’re leaving lying as you go on. Seliph, Freya nor Gathor would want this for you.”

Seliph faced him and angrily shouted. “Don’t you dare use my parents against me!”

“I will if it means keeping you from dying a second time!” Swift shouted back. Their gazes were locked, with tension that if physical could cut even the hardest berry. It wasn’t till Garon got up and separated the two that they stopped staring hatefully at the other.

“This isn’t going to aid us.” Garon looked from one to the other. “Seliph, Swift, both of you need to stop attacking. We’re not each other’s enemies. Swift,” he looked down at the heliolisk, “as a member of Team Alpha, you know better than to rush head-on.” Swift’s gaze averted, with an irritated expression. “Seliph.” the large dragon looked at the greninja. “I only ask you to keep yourself from isolating.”

“I’ve had eight years of that and I managed to end a member in their Iris council. I’m fine Garon, I don’t need your concern or worry.”

The dragon put a talon on Seliph’s shoulder. “I’ll never stop being concerned for you. Not because you aren’t capable, but because I and Swift care.” Swift’s eyes shifted a little from frustration to somber as his arms dropped to their sides. “Seliph, we’ll do our damnedest to not lose any of you a second time. If we come off as too protective or restrictive because of that, I’m sorry but please don’t think we aren’t on your side.”

Seliph’s head fell slightly as he mulled over his ranting emotions and what Garon asked of him. “I’m…going for a walk.” Seliph removed the talon as he let out a sigh. He walked over to the drawer and once again took out the vial. He stared at it with a firm gaze and clasped it firmly into his hands. “Swift…Garon.”

The two looked at him. He faced them and said, “…Nevermind.” He walked out and shut the door behind him, putting the vial into his vest as he left.

Swift’s head fell, the feelings of guilt starting to show. “I shouldn’t have been so hard on him for that.”

Garon gave an agreeing sigh. They both looked at the door with concerned faces. After some time, Garon’s face went to reminiscing. “I miss that face he made when we visited that one time.” Swift looked at Garon, who was wiping his eyes a little with a talon. “He looked so…calm and content.”

Swift once again looked at the door. He felt the pain in the past, the times Garon wept for their dead comrades and their dead kids. There was something about having seen them, their faces so happy and nice that made the news, the sight, the smell of destruction that their second visit brought that much more devastating. Swift’s fist clenched. I need to make this right.

He walked for the door, prompting Garon to look. “Garon, I may be late for the meeting.” His eyes darted to his friend as he requested, “If we aren’t back in time, give the suggestion we talked about.”

“Swift?” Garon walked over but stopped as Swift raised a ‘stop’ hand.

“I need to hear him out. Alone.” Garon reluctantly gave a nod as Swift gave a smile at the understanding. “Thanks, friend,” Swift said as he opened the door and headed out.

Garon’s head fell. His feelings felt all over the place but mostly in worry. He let out a heavy sigh as he opened the door to leave the room as well.

< O >

Heavy rain fell from the cloudy heavens above. The light of a night sky blanketed a small port town in shadow. The wind was howling and rocking some of the banners or loose things around that were in its way. The lower part of a dirty and worn brown cloak blew in the wind as its wearer walked through the alleys near the port. This mon was large yet kept dry from the cloak he wore.

“What we got here?” Someone said from behind the stranger, walking out from one of the openings. This weavile smirked a dark smile as the stranger turned his head slightly, not looking at him though. “Lost are we, viaggiatore,” The mon said with a little chuckle under his breath. “Well, you must be a un viaggiatore straniero.”

This weavile started walking towards him as four more popped out, surrounding the mon in the middle. “And well,” one said with a dark grin, “this is a toll path.”

The stranger exhaled as he said in a low tone. “I don’t want trouble.”

“Ah, your accent. So you’re a fellow Valenor then, heh. Well, pay up what’s on yah and we’ll let you be on your merry way.” Two of them walked around and stood at the stranger’s sides.

“I possess no money,” The stranger said. This initiated the one on the right to leap for the side. The stranger swung his large arm and knocked him away, but this was merely a diversion. The leader and one at the end fired ice beams at the stranger’s chest and back while the leaped on the head and proceeded to slice. To his surprise despite being hit by two sets of ice beam, the stranger quickly pulled the weavile off and threw him into another.

The leader took his chance to turn it back to their favor. He leaped up and went for a slice at the head.

Nearby a little lotad boy was jumping in one puddle after another on the way home. He wore a happy little face as he nodded to two local peacekeepers, who gave smiles in return. “Stay safe on your way home,” one said, to which he replied with, “yes sir.” He splashed a little more along the way till the noise of something striking stone came from his right. Once he looked down the alley, he saw them. A brown cloaked stranger being attacked by four weaviles. Ones the boy had heard about in some news his father had said. Quickly the boy called for the rangers.

The leader weavile gave the stranger a smirk. His claws contain little clippings from scraping an aggron cheek. “That’s your last warning,” he said. To his surprise, the stranger stood up straight and tried to put his hood on. However, it was too late. “Wha? Heh, you’re a red eye huh.”

The other weaviles joined up with the leader right as the peacekeepers arrived. “Interrompere!” one shouted, readying an energy ball.

“Good to see you, sir,” The leader said as he looked back at the mon. “Found this red eyes walking suspiciously down the alley. He tried resisting and we were having trouble. Red eyes are to be brought in and questioned, correct?”

“You four will come as well,” the guard said with a stern tone. He walked over to the stranger with an inhibitor neckpiece. “Don’t fight back.”

“Please, I was merely defendin-” the stranger started trying to keep the guard from putting the collar on.

“Come on, we’re just going to question you and sort this mess out.” The guard tried to grab the aggron’s head while the aggron attempted to pull the arm away. This little struggle resulted in the guard accidentally hitting the right side of the aggron’s neck.

What happened next surprised the six as some mechanical noise activated and some form of metal was building on the stranger’s face. The hood he had on was pulled off by the building, revealing the finished product of a dark, intimidating red light like an eye with armor plating all over the face.

“What the heck?” the guard said, dropping the neck inhibitor and slowly backing away.

Pathos gave a sigh as he pressed the thing on his neck again, deconstructing the helm. With a rather sad expression, Pathos looked at the guard. “Forgive me.”

The guard tilted his head as the mon continued. “For not saving you from yourselves.” In an instant, Pathos grabbed the mon by the throat and slammed him to the ground with enough force to break the skull. The other guard shot his energy ball, but the aggron dodged it with a quick step. He then aimed his arm and fired a powerful flash canon beam straight at the guard, knocking him into a wall. The mon’s uniform and body were torn up on the left side from being scrapped on the wall by the powerful beam.

“What the-” the head weavile started, but didn’t get to finish. As the firm grip of the aggron grabbed his forehead and back and twisted, snapping the neck. The aggron quickly lunged at another weavile, slicing his arms off with two Fury Cutter’s swinging down. He quickly spun around and grated his fists together forming sparks from Autonomize.

“Let’s get out of here!” one of the two last weaviles shouted as he rushed out, kicking the lotad boy in the process. The two ran, but they were no match for the speed of an autonomized aggron. He leaped up and crushed the leading one with his landing and twisted his body, stabbing the last one right through the head with a condensed Fury Cutter sticking out of the arm like a thin blade. He retracted it and let the body fall over as he walked down the alley, to the lotad trying to hide.

The boy looked up, terrified at the imposing figure of the murderer looking down at him. His red eyes, looking so cold, emotionless, and scary. The boy curled back as the aggron got down and moved his hand to the boy’s head. “Hai un nome?”

In a quiet, scared voice, the boy replied with. “Lorenzo.”

“Lorenzo…” the aggron’s eyes lowered to a sad expression. “That’s…a sweet name.” The boy looked up, confused as the aggron moved his arm away. “I’m sorry, Lorenzo. Rest.” Before the boy could even think a Furry Cutter spike from Pathos’s fist swung up and sliced down upon him.

Pathos stood up, ensured the rest of them were dead and looked around at what was left. The stranger looked up at the sky, as the rain fell on his head. His eyes narrowed as if he was scowling at the clouds in the night sky. “Forgive me…” he said as if to their souls that now no longer resided in their bodies. “I will achieve success…for the sake of all of you. I must. Till then, please forgive my sin done to all of you. Lorenzo…” His fists clenched as a little growl came from under his breath. If emotions could be seen, Pathos would be covered with bother and rage. It never gets old…even though I know the truth. Perhaps… He looked at his open palm. There were scratches and cuts but it was still strong and able. Perhaps, I must feel nothing even in this wake, nothing that is enough to sway my mission. To think that I could kill a sweet boy younger than Ch-… He let out a sigh as his eyes stared up at the rainy clouds, rain striking his metal head. I know how far I’ve come, where my road ends, and yet you still linger in my heart. My burden to carry while I have the will to go on. I must go on. Pathos’s head lowered as he mumbled a few silent words.

He closed his eyes and put his hood back on, walking away from the scene with a heavy scowl on his face and eyes that looked cold and lifeless. May your lives and souls be happy. Though your time here was cut short, I wish for you all peace in silence. Find rest wherever you are now.

Terms:

un viaggiatore straniero – a foreign traveler

Interrompere – stop

Hai un nome – You have a name?

“I’ve been to places I wouldn’t have visited before. I get to see different things, which is important. It gives me new experiences to draw from.” ~Hidetaka Miyazaki [creator of Bloodborne]
      #53   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 1 Week Ago (6:24 PM).
    Darkinium Z

The first few parts of this chapter I already expected the boys to be crushed over Dresha's death. Probably will be a bit until they get better.

Hm, I admit Swift and Garon interrogating Seliph for the thousandth time is getting a bit tiresome. I already get that Seliph is too stubborn to get help and trust someone (and probably obsessed with that vital now). Seems like Swift will finally do something about that, though. There are a couple new tidbits though, like the grandfather and possible new location the boys will go.

Onto Pathos's scene. Oh boy that must be the most violent scene you've written so far. And whaaa Pathos killing Lorenzo. ;_;

On the grammar front, I noticed a few instances where you have more than one character speak in one paragraph. For instance:

Quote:
    “No, it’s not that Seliph.” Swift tried to explain but it was too late. Seliph walked to the door and opened it. “Tell Dolly whenever we decide what we’ll do next I’ll be there. Till then, I need some air from two finicky Norfairions breathing down my neck.”
    This paragraph I would separate Swift and Seliph's dialogue in separate paragraphs.

#54   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 5 Days Ago (1:26 PM). Edited 2 Days Ago by Vragon2.0.
    Say it with me (Vray-gun)

Contains: Language [13]
      Chapter 35
      Trying to Look Deeper

It was in the afternoon, at the docks in a Sorphian port trading town. No other mons were around the landing spot near the backs of the storage facilities. Only Daemon stood there, waiting as a boat slowly came and ported.

Trishula jumped over the side before the crossing came down and walked over to the ghost waiting. Once they were about three feet apart, Trishula stopped and they both just stared at the other. No greeting, no gestures, no words just absolute silence.

Daemon finally gave a cough. “It’s been some time…Trishula.”

The dragon gave a hefty sigh. “Let’s just get this over with.”

“Not even a hello?” Daemon said with a little lighter tone.

The dragon looked at him with an annoyed stare but finally caved in. “Daemon.”

“Hello friend.” Daemon extended his right arm to Trishula, who took the hand and shook it. “I hope it was a fine trip.”

“Fine,” Trishula started walking brushing, as Daemon joined his side.

“If you’re wondering why I am here, I’m supposed to escort you to Brielle,” Daemon informed Trishula, who merely gave a grunt as a reaction.

“I fail to see why I would need an escort.”

Daemon shrugged, curling his fist and placing it under his chin as he admitted, “I’m at a loss to the reason as well. Your master, Azazel, didn’t really say why.” He lowered his fist and instead folded his arms behind his back during his continued speculation. “I figure he more than likely wanted me to bring you to have company that was familiar.”

“Hmph.” Trishula started walking faster, as if these words stung a little.

Daemon stopped and with a rather condescending tone woven into his formal speech said, “Perhaps, he wants you to cool down on the way here.”

Trishula stopped, fists tightening and a little snarl.

“Am I incorrect to assume?” Daemon crossed his arms, on his chest this time, as Trishula remained silent. Assessing there was no need to pry further, Daemon decided to change the topic to a lighter subject. “I hope Plageues wasn’t too obnoxious when he arrived. I wouldn’t blame you if you sliced that tongue of his off but I at least hope he didn’t bring it to that point.”

Trishula turned his head slightly and once again look outwards. “No closer than you are bringing me right now.”

“Why is that?” Daemon asked, though he pretty much knew the answer.

Trishula let out a sigh as he turned around to face the dusknoir. “Are you really going to force me on this?” He inquired, his eyes indicating irritation though lacking in his normal aggression.

“You know my answer.” Daemon floated over to Trishula, whose eyes lowered and looked to the side rather meekly.

There was just silence for a while as Trishula’s breathing slowed and Daemon twiddled his thumbs behind his back. Finally, Daemon uncapped his arms and said, “I understand.” The ghost put a hand on the dragon’s shoulder. “This mission meant a lot to you and Azazel pulling you out of this has cut your ego down.”

“…You know that’s not all,” Trishula said, a little harried by Daemon’s care pestering.

Daemon gave a little huff. “Well, then show me.” He let go of the shoulder and instead gestured Trishula to follow him into a dark alley. Daemon then held out his hand for Trishula to take.

The dragon wore a rather shamefaced frown, hesitant to really partake.

“No artificial connections.” Daemon floated closer, letting his hand fall to his side. “Trishula, it’s been too long. Whatever Azazel did, whatever he told you, please understand you are mine and even Plageues’s friend.” Daemon took Trishula’s hand gently in his, molded it into a fist, and cupped his around it as the dragon watched, a bit timorous at this action. “I don’t want you to forget that. Now,” Daemon opened the fist and moved it to his chest, looking firmly at Trishula.

“I couldn’t ever forget that,” Trishula stated firmly, looking to the side rather guilty. “I just…I don’t…” Trishula looked at Daemon with an honest face and admitted, “he did so many soul links with me, I just don’t…” he let out a sigh. “It makes me on edge.”

Daemon shook his head slowly. “Forget how it makes you feel. Forget that you still have it. Azazel, may be your master, but he doesn’t own what we three had and still have. Trishula,” Daemon said, letting out a sigh, “You and Plageues keep me content even how I am. So please, let’s talk. Azazel can’t reach you in our soul link.”

Trishula paused, looking down and thinking deeply. Despite this, Daemon’s pleading and his own emotions won and he activated the soul link. Trishula’s eyes closed and after a few seconds he opened them wide.

He was standing on a stone surface that was flat and carved into a mountain. His head shifted to a specific direction, as if he knew exactly where to look. His eyes fell upon a stadium made in the side of a mountain, exactly as he remembered it. It was lined with many rock carved rows with mons cheering and awing at the matches happening. He walked to the edge to watch from the edge above the mons below him, engrossed in the sport, and watched for a few seconds before looking left.

There it was, South City. The Sorphian border city, with its signature clock tower stood tall and high in the night sky, as did it’s siblings in the other cardinal cities. Bright light came from inside the clock tower, illuminating the display of eleven o’clock that was seeable even from where Trishula stood.

“You seem to recall well,” Daemon said, floating over to him. The normal shoulder overcoat Daemon was wearing was no longer there. His right shoulder was bare, showing a Norfairion crest. Daemon’s one eye turned to look at a group of three mons not far from where they stood, watching the fights as well.

Daemon stroked his chin, focusing his attention on the young trio of a dusklops, a zoroark, and a fraxure; all excited and talking about the battles as they watched. “It feels so long ago. I know it’s practically two decades, but still.”

Trishula looked at the trio as well and asked his fellow observer, “Are we in yours or mine?”

“Mine of course,” Daemon answered, folding his hands behind his back. “I wouldn’t be so ill-mannered to request having a soul link with you and not being the mind to supply it.”

Trishula gave a little grunt, with a slight smirk. “Typical of you.”

“You almost sound offended,” Daemon said, his eye indicating a friendly jest but with a point behind the joke.

Trishula gave a nod. “Indeed. Daemon, I suppose you can gather why I try to be strong.”

“I presume from Azazel’s teachings or just Azazel’s watching eyes in general.” The ghost began stroking his chin once more as Trishula looked up at the many stars.

“Yes and no.” Trishula’s eyes narrowed and Daemon listened intently. “For a long time, I’ve wanted to do something with my life that had a meaning and gave me a true purpose. That’s why I left in the first place. Why I joined the red eyes, you know.” The dragon looked Daemon’s way. “I didn’t choose Azazel as my master. For some reason he chose me. Said he saw something ‘raw’.”

“You mean, he saw something to use.” Daemon’s eye narrowed slightly. “That is after all his teachings, correct? Growing you into what he would deem as a purposeful use for the ‘raw’ he saw.”

Trishula gave a slow nod. “I’m surprised he let me still interact with you both back then, even if it was rarely. I’d expect him to be concerned about me telling you or Plageues what he would do to me and all. But…” Trishula sat down, letting his legs dangle and tail curl. “There were moments.”

“Moments?” Daemon asked, sitting his ghostly body down as well.

“Yes.” Trishula looked at the match going on as Daemon kept his gaze firmly on Trishula. “There was something about him seeing potential in me…that made me pleased. If someone as horrible as him saw something in me that could carry something out, that’s something, right?”

“That’s a rather simple way to look at it.” Daemon turned his one eye to the match. “After all, this is the second of the three pillars we are talking about. He, Pathos, and Mephiles created this entire organization. He isn't one to be treated or thought of as simple.”

“I know, and just being around him has taught me that as well.” Trishula’s muscle relaxed. “It’s why those moments, where he would emphasize the role he felt I could play. The goals I could reach seemed…” Trishula moved his claw forwards and looked at it. He whispered as if mustering a little vigor while he closed his claw, “It made me for once feel more than just being Vorice, but like I truly was more than that fraxure that ran away. And isn’t that what being a red eyes is all about?” Trishula looked at Daemon, almost as if he was really asking the question for real. “Becoming more than you were.”

“Perhaps…” Daemon let out a sigh as his left arm went over his right shoulder and clenched it a little.

Trishula took notice and after a few seconds of thought, put his left claw on it, surprising Daemon. “It’s strange.” Daemon looked at him and listened as he said in a rather reminiscing tone, “how someone so dark and cruel can have such a way with words…such a perspective.”

“Perspective?” Daemon repeated, asking if Trishula could elaborate.

“Well…something he said to me once.” Trishula closed his eyes for a second as if imagining the scene once more. He stayed like this for a few minutes in their link before finally opening them and looking straight and saying, “I think…we’ve caught up enough.” The dragon stood up, taking his claw away before it had even been on there for three seconds. “We have to go to Brielle after all.”

“Uh…right.” Daemon nodded slowly, flustered but also a little depressed at them ending so quickly.

The soul of Trishula faded out of the link, leaving Daemon all alone. The ghost didn’t leave immediately, just stared off at the rehashing of the battles and matches the three of them used to see back then. His eye lowered and his head turned to look at the group of three friends. His sight went on Trishula’s Averion crest and from there trailed up to his smiling face, sitting happy in the middle of the two. Daemon just watched for some time, the feelings seemed almost resurfacing, like he was back in the body of a dusklops, just watching some tourney with his two best friends.

After a while, he got back up and let himself fade out of the soul link, but not before a little sigh escaped him.

< O >

The rain poured down upon the streets in Frantal. Some emura lights couldn’t seem to aid passerby’s much due to the amount of lines of rain that filled the space around them. The cloudy sky kept the town from the light of the moon and a little spring breeze blew to make the rain more angular.

Amid all this, Swift walked around. The hood off of his little fain cloak since as he looked around, trying to find Seliph. “Seliph,” he would call again and again for some time, but to his dismay each time no answer would reply. After some time searching, he decided to go on a hunch and head to the library. It’s possible I guess, he reasoned in his mind, After all, he was doing research there. Maybe he has more to do or look up.

The heliolisk started a jog on the wet dirt streets for about ten minutes before he finally found the library. Its old stone structure withstood the rain rather well as its silhouette in what little light the city had at this time, made it much more imposing than earlier when it was lighter. Swift carefully made his way to the first window and peeked in. No lights were on.

Hmm…just in case. Swift backed away from the building and shielded his eyes with his hand to try and spy a route up. Finally, Swift found a part of the building that looked scalable. He gave himself a self-assuring nod and got to climbing. Scaling ten feet of wet rock wasn’t easy, but it helped that the building had a lot of openings and crevices as exterior design. Once Swift had safely made it to the balcony on the third floor he quietly looked for any opening. Called it. He muttered in his head at the sight of one of the angular windows slightly nudged open. Carefully, he lifted the window up and stepped inside and shut it behind him without making too much noise.

He found himself on some scaffolding on the top area of building’s roof from the second and first floor. Walking along the beams, Swift tried to see if he could spy Seliph or whoever had made their entrance dripping rain water as he searched.

It wasn’t long though before he heard a noise nearby. Quickly and Quietly, Swift darted to one of the vertical beams and froze. His heart beat sped a little and his eyes narrowed. Maybe…is that Seliph? Swift closed his eyes. Hmm…I hear…shuffling. Swift remained very, very still and even more alert. The shuffling was slow, like sneaking or perhaps long legs. A few breaths were being exhaled too.

It sounds…like someone walking…I should take a look. Slowly, he moved his head to the edge and twisted his face to just get a glimpse of the area without revealing himself too much. No one there, he muttered in his mind, maybe the other si- He stopped. His eyes shot open as he tensed extremely still. Slowly his head turned and eyes looked at the Night Slash knife aiming for his throat.

“Spying on me again?” Seliph whispered, his eyes showing his annoyance. Seliph let the dagger dissolve as Swift gave a sigh of relief.

“Actually,” Swift corrected, but in a way to not sound snarky. “I wanted to talk to you.”

“Haven’t we already done enough of that? I don’t need any more lecturing from you nor Garon.” Seliph was about to walk away before Swift blurted out “Wait.” Leading to Seliph to raise a “hush” finger to his mouth.

“Sorry,” Swift whispered, but quickly followed with, “Seliph, I’m not here to argue. I wanted to apologize. What I said was uncalled for. I was being unfair, okay.”

“Hmph,” Seliph grunted, “Think pretty apologies are going to make me just forget the ‘desperation’ you happened to point out?”

Swift shook his head. “No, of course not. I’m really worried about you Seliph.”

“I didn’t ask for your worry, just your help.” Seliph coldly crossed his arms.

Swift cupped his arms behind his head and tilted his body over. “Well, then why did you call us over?” Swift inquired with a grin.

Seliph gave him an unamused look and rolled his eyes. “I told you both already and even just now. You’re really annoying; you know that?”

“Heh, Garon makes sure to remind me,” Swift replied with an eye closed grin and cheery smile. This positive nature left as Swift opened his eyes and looked down. With a little hefty sigh, Swift undid his relaxing pose and got to the point. “Look Seliph, I am really sorry.” The rueful heliolisk walked over as Seliph sat down on the beam.

Seliph just stayed silent, taking out his vial and eyeing it. “I don’t know why you both think I can’t handle it when I’ve done so for eight years.”

“I suppose it’s more of what happened and all rather than what we know you can do.” Swift sat down next to Seliph and looked at the vial along with him. “That is a rather…Is it supposed to feel…uhm, weird looking at it?”

“Yes, the feeling it makes you have is…odd to say the least.” Seliph cupped the vial in his hands before looking up, “It’s like part of me wonders what is in there. What thing is in there? I know it’s more than just some liquid or biological makeup, but then what else could it be or have to make it so enticing and yet scary to the eye?” Seliph stood up and crossed his arms. “I’ve done many tests and well nothing so far, like you said. It’s … frustrating.”

Swift stood up too and said while he squeezed some of the water from his drenched rain cloak, causing the water to splatter on splatter on the beam. “So, what are you doing here anyways?”

Seliph gave him an annoyed look for a second, but finally let out a sigh and explained. “I wanted to follow up on the Aegis research. Double checking, you know. I believe Vragon is Aegis…or rather his vessel.”

“So.” Swift looked to the beam he was once at, looking away from Seliph in the process. “I take it you did some kind of test or comparison?”

“Yes, and well…his gift more than likely is Savoire.”

Swift turned around and once again got into his ‘arms behind head and slightly tilted to the side’ pose and gave Seliph a curious look. “Savoire is Aegis’s gift right?”

“Yes,” Seliph nodded, “I did some follow up research here just to make sure there was no contradiction or other comparison to be made. Savoire acts as a synergy transfer gift like many others, but the special thing about it is that it isn’t as limited as the others. In fact it can do many things; I suppose it’s just a matter of discovering it.”

“Well, if he is Aegis’s vessel then, I guess that means he has a bigger target on his back. Meaning, we’ll have to be extra wary to keep him safe.” Swift’s head looked down as his eyes went a little sad. “Seliph, I don’t like-”

“I know…” Seliph’s right fist tightened around the vial. “It’s unfair. The fact he is a vessel and what that entails is so…ugh. I can’t imagine how it would feel being possessed like that. I had a traumatic experience with mental invasion once, though it wasn’t a complete takeover but more some bi**h wanting information. It was…during the attack that my parents died in.” Seliph’s head lowered as his eyes grew a little more depressed and calm as he reflected upon that night.

Swift noticed this and took the opportunity to walk closer and sit down, letting his legs dangle off the beam. “If you want…we can talk about it. Move on from what we were discussing before things got so…hectic and heated.” Swift moved his arms back to prop up leaning his back as he looked at Seliph and said with a newly raised brow, “What’s so important about this thing you couldn’t tell us?”

Seliph gave him a ‘really’ look and said, “If I wasn’t going to tell you then why would I tell you now?”

“Fair point.” Swift looked down over the dark library as he swung his legs a little. “We don’t have to talk about that if you don’t want to. But…” Swift paused as he looked at one of the large front windows tanking the rain from outside.” It’d be nice to catch up on things. Hear some stuff from you, even if it’s not for too long. Maybe even some nice stories you could tell.”

“Why are you trying so hard to warm your way into my life?” Seliph gave him a serious look.

Swift was sort of surprised at how quickly things escalated so he paused for a bit. Finally, a sigh escaped his mouth as he rest his arms on his legs and looked back down again. His eyes were narrow and somewhere distant. “It’s because I care about you and the others. I want to be close to the kids of my friends. It’d…be like making up to them for my lackings.”

Seliph raised a brow at that last sentence, not sure what Swift was referencing. Slowly, Seliph sat down and also dangled his legs. “Swift, uhm…I can’t exactly tell you what is so ‘important’ since well…it’s important and the less you know the bett-”

Swift interrupted with, “I knew about your vial before you even showed it to me and Garon.” Swift gave him a look that was asking to be taken seriously.

“It’s not the vial,” Seliph clarified, “That secret is rather counterintuitive to keep from you and Garon.” Swift raised a brow as Seliph looked straight in front of them at the wall above the large library door. “Swift, I was given something important and well…I can’t tell you what it is.” Seliph felt strange, like he couldn’t just let it end there. Feelings of connection seemed to bring themselves in and he mumbled, “But I can say that it is indeed related to the liquid in here.”

“So it’s information?” Swift asked, raising a brow.

“Yes, but not told to me. Something I found out myself, I guess. This red eyes liquid…” Seliph let out a sigh as he tensed up. “I thought, I heard it say something.”

Swift’s eyes widened. “Heard it say something?”

“It felt like that.” Seliph’s eyes narrowed, almost in a way that felt foreign to Swift. It was like Seliph’s mind was all tracked upon some dark thought that was trying to etch its way out. “It felt like it knew me. Was speaking to me intentionally.”

“Knew you? Wait, are you saying it’s alive?” Swift scooted closer, his curiosity and concern building as Seliph continued on with his explanation.

“Well, I don’t know if it’s alive. But.” Seliph paused. What am I doing? Seliph thought in his head, as he started to get a little nervous. Why the heck am I- Seliph stopped as Swift made a little coughing noise to get his attention.

“Seliph,” Swift said, looking straight out into the library below. “I know what it is like to not want to trust someone. To feel like you have to do something to be worthy or whatever….But I am sorry I overstepped my bounds; it was misguided care.” His eyes shut as he continued. “But…I want to help you. I want you to know you aren’t alone, that I’m here for you. You’ve been through a lot, you’ve seen a lot and it’s time I treat you like you have. You aren’t a kid like when I last saw you; you’re a grown ass adult, so it’s time I treat you like that. Seliph, I’m sorry, can you please let me make it up to you?” Swift looked up at Seliph, trying his best to have the most sincere gaze ever as Seliph stared back.

“I…uh…” Seliph looked to the side and then to the vial. “I understand your concern. It’s not that I don’t understand where you are coming from; it’s just…I…can’t be wrong about this.” Swift remained Silent as Seliph’s voice started raising and his eyes narrowing. “I can’t be wrong about it, okay!” He ranted, “Do you understand how it would feel?” He stood up, and looked down at Swift with angry eyes. “How it would feel to know you were wrong and that you made a journey for eight years making you, your brothers, and your parent’s friends all suffer and grow detached for it? Do you have any idea what a weight like that feels like‽ Do you know if you could handle the pressure of that being a looming plausibility over you‽”

Swift listened with mature understanding. He stood up and looked at the desperate greninja. “I don’t know Seliph,” he honestly admitted. He moved his hand to rub the back of his head and looked back at the library windows at the front again. “I just know how it is to grow up weaker than the others.”

Seliph grew silent and listened to Swift calmly bearing his thoughts and feelings.

“To only really be looked up to by one person, working hard to join a team that would treat me and Garon well, and wanting to be strong and brave like them.” Swift looked at Seliph with a sympathetic look. “You’ve been lonely for a long time, like I was before I met garon. We have that…in common. I grew to trust Garon when I needed it and I want you to trust me, because I think you need it too. I know it’s risky, but deep down…somewhere inside you, Seliph, I know you remember me and that I’d never try to hurt you or go against you not out of concern or worry. I wasn’t there for your parents, but I want to be there for you and your brothers. I don’t care how long I have to say it, just so long as you’ll understand that it’s true and sincere.”

For a few seconds, they both just stared straight at each other. Seliph’s eyes started to water up as his scowl became less convincing with ever sniffle that escaped. His eyes struggled to look at the older heliolisk as his fists and legs felt like they wanted to throb like crazy.

Finally, his legs gave way as his knees hit the plank they resided on. The greninja sniffled and wiping his eyes with his arms. “I’ve lost everything, Swift.” He said amongst the whimpers and tear wiping. “I have to stop them. I have to for parents. My mother, her words are all I have now and I need to stop those bastards that killed my father. This vial…” He leaned onto all fours as his tears changed from rolling down his face to dropping onto the hard surface of the wood. “I can’t be wrong…I’ve lost too much to let them win.”

Swift’s own tears started to form a little at seeing Seliph’s true sad state. He looked to the side as his fists tightened. He wiped his tears away and leaned in, putting his arms on Seliph’s shoulders. “Seliph,” he said, as Seliph’s blue eyes met his own blue eyes. “I’m so sorry we were too late to help.”

Seliph’s sniffles broke as he hugged Swift, crying a little. “Uncle Swift,” Seliph mumbled amid his sniffles, causing Swift to tear up a lot at the old title given to him by a little froakie boy.

Swift broke form and joined with Seliph in their weeping but tender embrace. Letting out the pains of eight years passing from the buildup caused by one regret.

< O >

Ciecro sat at the back door of the inn, watching the rain drip down all over. The only thing making him feel worse than it raining when he wanted to go for a walk was being struck with post-lashing out guilt. It wasn’t warranted and he knew that, but he just wanted to be alone during after hearing what happened. Still, despite how the group probably wouldn’t blame him, he didn’t feel the same way about it.

I should apologize, but…ahgh, damnit, Ciecro ranted in his head. He stood up and looked out at the rain falling a few feet from him. Memories started to appear in his mind, memories with Miss Dresha, who’s now gone. His fists tightened and he snarled, “What do dey wan’ from us?”

The frustrations crept up on him as he let out an angry sigh. His eyes shut as his eyes closed and his nerves went still. As if frozen in time, Ciecro just sat in front of the rain, motionless. Not even the noise of the rain seemed to even bother him, even if a small little strange somehow found its way to his charmeleon scales. But I can’t right now. I jus’…don’ tink I can witout… He let out a small growl as continued to just listen to the rain around him.

His trance was cut off as someone sat next to him. He turned his head to look. “…Jaz.”

The absol walked over to his side, looking at him with worry, concern, and sadness. “Are you holding up okay?”

Ciecro just stayed silent, his eyes narrowing as if her presence was making him annoyed.

Jasmine sat down next to him and started with, “Ciecro, I’m sorry tha-”

“Please…lemme be alone.” Ciecro gave a sincere look to accompany his words.

She let out a sigh as she looked at the rain. “I know you want to be alone right now. But Ciecro,” she turned her head to look at him. “What benefit will you get by being alone at this time? I know it hurts right now, but I’m here and so are the others. I just want to help you through this.”

Ciecro looked down, not responding or gesturing anything. It was like he had forgotten she was there and simply remained back in his old position. After a few minutes of stone cold silence, Jasmine got the message.

“I’ll be waiting when you need us.” She got up and walked back inside, leaving Ci,ecro alone with his thoughts.

With a heavy face, she headed back to her room. I want to help him but, argh, I don’t know what to do! Last time I pressed it, it went horribly wrong, but just waiting for him to come to me is just…ugh, so nerve wracking. She shoved the door to hers and Dolly’s room and sat down, depressed with worry. What if he does something stupid? What if he needs me now and just doesn’t know it? She curled a little onto the floor, lying down on her side. I mean, I know Dolly wouldn’t let me be alone when I was very sad. No matter how many times I felt guilty for leaving or missing my sisters, she’d remind me that I’m cared for here and that while she wouldn’t stop me from going back, she’d advice against it right now. Jasmine then rolled onto her back, looking up at the ceiling. I just don’t want him to do something to himself or others. Ciecro isn’t bad, but when something like this happens. Argh! I just feel so powerless right now and I hate it! She growled up at the ceiling and just let herself go limp. Having vented the frustration in her head, she was slowly starting to calm down, till her quiet space was interrupted.

“Jasmine?” a voice said, coming from her door. Startled, Jasmine opened her eyes to see Vragon at the open door, staring at her in a rather perplexed manner. “Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you or interrupted whatever you were, uhm…doing on the floor,” he apologized, trying not to flare red from thinking he came in at a bad time. He awkwardly rubbed the back of his head and looked at the door frame, a subtle attempt to avoid looking at her longer.

“Oh, it’s fine.” Jasmine casually said rolling back onto her legs as Vragon let out a sigh of relief.

“Oh thank arceus,” he whispered to himself.

“Did you need something?” Jasmine asked, sitting down looking at him.

“Not really, just wanted to talk since well…” Vragon started to awkwardly rub the back on his head again. “Ciecro wants to be alone and Dolly is with Jaron right now.”

“Oh?” Jasmine gave a nod. Taking the time to look at Vragon, she couldn’t help but notice he seemed rather down too, guilty maybe. She lied down on her stomach and asked, “Something bothering you?”

Vragon gave a sigh, “Yeah.”

“Wanna, talk about it?” The absol gave welcoming look as the embarrassed and guilty fraxure rubbed the back of his head, a frown on his face. “I mean, I’m worried about them too. And well, kind of found out the hard way Ciecro wanted to be alone.”

“Oh…sure. The hard way,” Vragon replied, a little bit bothered to think if Ciecro yelled at Jasmine too. He entered the room and sat cross-legged on the floor in front of the lying Jasmine as she said, “How are you holding up?”

“I’ve had time to process it, though it still feels…unreal,” He admitted, looking at the window, “I mean, Miss Dresha has been good to us and just hearing that she’s gone is enough to well…” A sigh escaped his mouth as his head lowered and eyes shut curving into a scowl. “It makes me angry. Makes me frustrated and mad, but also very...” He didn’t finish, leaving an awkward silence for a few seconds before Jasmine spoke again.

“Vray, you think they’re going to be okay?”

Vragon looked up at her and shrugged. “Dunno, maybe since this isn’t the first loved one they’ve lost as much as I hate to say that. Though, it will probably take time. Especially since neither were up for talking about it.”

“Not even Jaron?” Jasmine inquired, her eyes widening a little at this news.

“Yep,” Vragon answered with a sorrowful sigh following. “Didn’t want to talk to me. I’m glad Dolly is talking to him, but yeah…It feels so weird not being the one he is or wants to talk to right now. Guess, it’s fair though. Dolly is probably better equipped right now than me.” The two looked down at the floor, their faces showing just how useless they felt right now.

“I wish there was something we could do for them too.” Jasmine stretched out a little. “It’s not good for them to go through this all alone, and I’m glad Dolly is at least helping one of them. But…I don’t know what to do to help and I wanna help. But I’m worried I’ll just make it worse.”

“I can relate though…” he paused for a second, gathering his words. “I can’t help but feel that…I’m part of all of this.”

“Why do you feel like that?” Jasmine asked, going back to a sitting position. Her sudden focus caused the fraxure to struggle to say it, so Jasmine decided to take a guess to help him out. “Is it because we think it was one of the red eyes after you that did it?”

He pointed at her with his middle fraxure finger and stated, “Yep…you called it.” After he dropped his claw back into his lap, he started twiddling them to help with how uneasy he felt. “I mean, if I wasn’t their target it wouldn’t be going on in the first place.”

Jasmine gave him a “really…” look making him feel even bad. She let out a sigh and thought about a nicer way to put it. After some time of thinking, she finally asked him, “Does Dolly share that sentiment?”

“Well no,” he admitted, stopping his finger play to look at her green eyes.

“Good, then don’t believe whatever is telling you that.”

“But that doesn’t make it right,” Vragon protested.

“How exactly do you make ‘death’ right, Vray?” Jasmine inquired, raising on of her brows in a quizzical way. “Death may be natural, but that doesn’t mean it’s a good thing. And it’s not even like you asked them to come, it was merely you existing. How can you blame yourself for their actions on Dresha?”

“I…I dunno, it just. I mean, I’m part of the cause, correct?”

“And why does that matter let alone justify blaming you?” She stood on all fours and looked at him with assurance as she reasoned with him. “The same could be said for Ciecro and Jaron too. I mean, do you want to blame yourself for the death, because that’s an outlandish idea.” Jasmine eyed him with a determined look making his earlier frustrated shrink down when facing this.

He let out a little sniffle as Jasmine walked over. “Listen Vragon,” she said, softly brushing his head with her front right paw, “Now is a sensitive time for us all. But blaming yourself for the part you have in it isn’t going to make Jaron nor Ciecro feel better. The most we can do,” she paused for a second, as if trying to say it to herself as well, “is to wait for them to let us back in. Like Dolly would always say to me. ‘The worse you can do, is rush someone when they need to slow down.’ So let’s not rush them, but instead be there when they need us, okay?” She gave him a big smile as he sniffled, wiping his eyes a little.

“Okay,” Vragon said, putting on a weak but agreeing smile. He got to his feet feeling better. Suddenly, a strange grin crossed his face.

“What?” Jasmine asked.

“You know, you sounded a lot like Dolly there,” Vragon pointed out.

“Well duh.” Jasmine gave a little flip of her head and an egotistical grin, “I’m around her a lot. Of course I’d rub off of her good traits.”

“So you’re saying that her humor isn’t a good trait?” Vragon stated with a mischievous grin and brow raised.

“I mean, we are talking about the same Dolly, right?” Jasmine answered, not sure what Vragon was up to. “Her puns make me want to hit my head on something.”

“Well,” Vragon crossed his arms and leaned in a little. “Ciecro, likes them.”

“And?” She said, a little skeptical at what he was trying to hint at.

“Well, I’m just saying.” Vragon slowly started backing up to the door. “Maybe, he’ll appreciate you more, if you develop a sense of humor.”

“Excuse me?” Jasmine demanded, facing him. “What do you mean, ‘develop a sense of humor’? I can make good jokes.”

“Yeah…no.” Vragon darted down the hallway as Jasmine pursued demanding he take that back before she catches him.

As Vragon tried to avoid getting caught by Jasmine he couldn’t help but chuckle a little in his head. At least she’s not focused on Ciecro and I’m taking a break from Jaron. They both aren’t just kids anymore so I need to be patient and stuff. This looks like a good way to distract myself, I hope….Since I came up with this on the fly. Now to just avoid her killing me.

< O >

“This is beyond boring,” Rosa grumbled, looking up at the ceiling from her lying on a stone row, levitating rocks into orbits around a bigger one with her mental powers. “How long do they expect us to wait? I mean, did they think it’d take a psychic and someone with freaking vines a while to get everything set in order?” she ranted to herself aloud.

“Normally, I’d probably tell you not to worry your pretty little head over it, but even I’m getting impatient too,” Del admitted, sitting up to look at Rosa. “Want to do somethi-”

“No.”

“Oh come on, am I that detestable to you?” Del protested.

“Where do I start?” Rosa said, closing her eyes and letting the rocks tall onto the floor on both sides of her.

Del gave an annoyed sigh. “You know, Rosa, you aren’t very fun. I bet Daemon is more fun than you.”

“Please,” Rosa replied, not looking or even so much as move her head. “Daemon is about as fun as Plageues is charming.”

“So, then why do you hang out with him anyways, if you clearly don’t like him?” Del asked, leaning back a little.

“I don’t hate him if that’s what you are asking.” Rosa opened her eyes and looked at the ceiling. “He’s just…very specific and focused. It can get old.”

“Ah yes, he is a male of work and all.” Del laid back down and the two looked up at the ceiling. “So…what do you think of him?”

Rosa rolled her eyes as she rolled onto her side, trying to indicate she wasn’t interested in talking about Daemon.

Of course, this just made Del even more curious. “Oh, so it’s more than just teacher then, right.”

“He didn’t teach me Delilah,” Rosa grumbled rolling to her other side. She was about to continue but stopped abruptly. Her eyes looked to the left as she rested on her side, showing slight discomfort from almost going into it.

“Oh? So what is he to you then?” Del inquired sitting up once again to look at the now unsure Rosa.

“…It’s none of your business.” Rosa’s eyes returned to their stern self and she rolled to her other side.

Del looked up, pondering on what Rosa was hiding. She gave herself a little devious chuckle. Maybe I should ask the Ghost when he gets here. Might rile her up.

Del’s thoughts were interrupted however as a third voice called out to them. “Slacking are we?” Del and Rosa sat up to look at the newcomer.

It was a lurantis with light tan lines for color and whose pincers were slightly smaller than average but very sharp and durable. She looked at the two in a rather disapproving manner as she stopped about seven feet away and continued what she had started upon entering. “Or do you both just enjoy doing the bare minimum?”

“Excuse me‽” Rosa spat, getting off her temporary stone bed, “What do you mean by this, ‘bare minimum’ crap? We set this all up here you twat.”

“Oh yes,” the lurantis insincerely agreed, “Well, then you must not want to get picked for setting these things up again, because aligning some rows is what anyone would define as ‘bare minimum’ for an Iris meeting.”

“Tck, and what would you know about it, Ipsiato?” Rosa scoffed.

“More than you, apparently,” Ispaito calmly countered. Placing a pincer on her hip and giving a rather condescending look, Ipsiato added, “or do you have a different explanation on why I’m on the center iris rank and you’re still mid-tier?”

“Hmph,” Rosa grumbled crossing her arms. “Simple, you’ve been here longer.”

“And that helps your case about me not knowing anything about it, because?” Ispiato gave a calm scowl to Rosa’s clearly aggressive one.

As these two locked their stares like blades, Del got off her spot and walked over. “So, Ipsiato, why are you here so early?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” Ipsiato responded, turning her displeased frown now to Del. “I’m here to ensure things are set up accordingly. What kind of leader would I be if I didn’t make sure things were going smoothly?”

“Oh please dear, don’t have me answer that.” Del gave a little giggle at her subtle little shot that made Ipsiato sneer at her.

“Anyways,” the annoyed lurantis said, walking past them to look at the set up. “This could use some work. So let’s start with-” Ipsiato stopped at the sound of Rosa giving an annoyed moan. She spun around and said in an impatient tone, “Oh please, you’re a psychic; you have about as much excuse to be lazy as Corviac has reason to teach anyone.”

“Hmph, well why don’t you do it yourself if you’re sooooooo much classier,” Rosa sassed.

“You’re supposed to be an adult, Rosa,” Ipsiato rebuked.

Rosa faced the grass type, took a deep breath, and snarkily said, “And I am one. It’s just I don’t take kindly to miss ‘I know everything’ coming in and lecturing me for no reason than to bolster her ego. What is it, your lifeline?”

“What‽” Ipsiato shouted as the two began hashing it out verbally, back and forth.

Del just watched, very amused at the fight going on. However, suddenly a voice came from behind her.

“Does Lesath have you to thank for setting them off?”

Del turned around to see a wobbuffet no more than two inches away from her; his face just facing hers and quite closely. She gave a little soft chuckle and took two steps back. “No, that’s just them letting out the bi**h in them.”

He gave her a rather skeptical look, despite his eyes being shut. “Lesath think you are the lying.”

“I mean,” Del defended, “How long have you been observing?”

The wobbuffet gave a little wobble and replied with a monotone high voice, “Since Lesath got here three minutes after Ipsiato did.”

This answer amazed Del. “Wait really? You’ve been here that long? How come I didn’t notice you?”

Lesath didn’t change face, just merely stated. “Lesath very good at not drawing attention to Lesath. Helps when fight of bi**hes goes on and Lesath make little noise when moving.”

“Right,” Del answered, drawing out the word. As she was still processing this, Lesath spoke up once more.

“So did plant lady cause this?”

“No,” Del replied, getting a little annoyed at not being called by name. “‘Plant Lady’ didn’t cause this.”

Lesath paused as he just kept his face locked onto her form, remaining still and starting to make Del feel a little uneasy. “Lesath detect mockery,” He said slowly, “Does plant lady know what Lesath think of mockers?” Before Del could reply, Lesath leaned forwards a little and answered, “Inner iris council member, Lesath, think mockers should be limbless or in plant lady’s case…headless.”

Del froze at this as Lesath moved back to his original posture. They both stood there in awkward silence, the only sound being Ipsiato and Rosa’s argument getting louder by each passing minute. “They’re arguing starting to bug Lesath,” Lesath stated, twitching a little in annoyance.

“Correct.” Del looked up to see, who said this. Her eyes fell upon a rampardos entering. His body looked a little cut and some spikes nicked or broken, but still in good shape and fortitude. His face had the normal red eyes like them all, but a few cracks were around his right eye that went up a little to the start of the blue round head spike that rampardos have. “I took the liberty to have a look around before entering in here.”

“Why?” Del asked, “I mean, no one is going to attack let alone think there’s some kind of-”

“I’m the cautionary type.” He gave her a little stern look as he headed left to look around.

More like the paranoid type. Del muttered in her head.

“That not nice thing to think say,” Lesath suddenly stated.

Del looked at Lesath confused at first, till she figured he had read her mind. “You know,” she said, turning to him, displeased. “It’s awfully rude to read a lady’s thoughts without permission.”

“Lesath read everyone he can, in case Lesath is required to terminate them.”

The response sent a surge of unease throughout Del. She decided to leave the plain-faced wobbuffet alone and instead head over to Skrelle, who was busy looking at the walls. “So uhm…” Del started, trying to stay a conversation, “Skrelle.”

Without a word, he turned to face her and gave a respectful nod, something Del wasn’t quite expecting and was a little flattered by it.

“Oh, well uhm…” Del looked down at the stone rows as a sigh escaped her mouth. “Do you know what will be on the agenda?”

“I shouldn’t discuss the topics before it starts, however.” Skrelle looked at the wall, causing Del to once again return her attention to him. “I can say that today’s meeting will be focused on reassuring the members.”

“Hmm…What about updates? Like the Amestria project?” As she asked, Skrelle’s eyes narrowed in a way that seemed almost bothered. “Oh, sorry…I’ll wait.” Did I say something wrong?

“Yes you did,” Lesath commented as he waddled over. “You said something that bothered Skrelle.”

Del and Skrelle gave aggravated moans. “Lesath,” Skrelle said, turning to face him, speaking in a tone trying not to lecture him as much as just calmly correcting. “I appreciate the concern and informing me, but you don’t need to keep tabs on her.”

“But Lesath heard question. Lesath answer question that was relevant to her and you.” Lesath looked up to him, his eyes still closed. “Did plant lady annoy you, Skrelle? Should I punish plant lad-”

“No, Lesath, she didn’t do anything wrong.”

Lesath looked at Del and muttered. “But plant lady said you were paranoid, therefore she on Lesath’s suspect list.”

“Suspect list?” Del repeated, confused and slight bit concerned.

“Yes,” Lesath stated, “list of mons Lesath will watch and remove should they prove threateni-”

“Lesath, stop!” Skrelle harshly commanded, and Lesath snapped his focus to Skrelle. “A simple phrase that is critiquing me isn’t enough to warrant her name on a hit list.”

“Wait, hit list‽” Del exclaimed, looking at Skrelle for answers.

Skrelle gave a sigh. “He has it in his mind that anyone that openly shows some kind of disapproval of me or other members of the inner Iris is enough to deem them suspicious. Pay it no mind.”

Del gave a reluctant nod as she looked back at Lesath. Lesath moved his arm’s end to his forehead and said, “Lesath won’t punish if Skrelle request Lesath not to. Be nice to Skrelle, else Lesath will burn you to ashes and eat them.”

Del froze, Skrelle facewalled, and Lesath gave a little smile. “Skrelle,” he said, looking up to rampardos, “those two bi**hes are still fighting. Beginning to annoy Lesath.”

“Ugh, I’ll handle it,” Skrelle stated with annoyance. So they keep their tongues at least.

Skrelle started walking over to the arguing girls with Lesath waddling behind him. “But their tongues are root cause for noisiness.”

“I don’t care Lesath,” Skrelle grumbled, “we can’t just take everyone’s tongues that annoy us.”

“Why not?” Lesath genuinely asked.

What the actual fu**? She said in her head, these are our inner council members? To think, I finally go to a meeting and find out one of our heads if a psychopath that reads min-…oh dear. Del froze as she looked at Lesath, whose face was directed at hers, despite eyes being shut. Del just stood still as Lesath mouthed something that made her shudder, then waddled after Skrelle.

“I think it says a lot about you if you’re getting riled up at being asked to do a job correctly,” Ipsiato shouted.

Rosa gave a huff and hair flip. “How about you take your sorry ass and fix this place up to meet your stupidly high bar standards instead of demanding it from me. I did do the job fine; you just want it to fit your polished standards because you’re an overachiever that annoys everyone around you.”

Ipsiato lashed out, “How about you stop acting like a little girl!”

“How about you take initiative to adjust the room to suit your sensitivity yourself instead of asking me to do extra for the sake of your dumb-”

“How about you broads stop arguing over a simple room layout for a meeting.” Skrelle gave an angry stare at them both and in a low tone added. “It is petty and stupid to argue over something like this. Ipsiato you need not be set off so easily considering your rank and Rosa you should honor the words of your superior even if it sounds silly.”

The two crossed their arms and turned their heads away with huffs. The both gave annoyed stares at the walls they were now looking at while Skrelle gave a sigh as Lesath waddled up.

“Broads are rude. Lesath punish rude mons.” The two rolled their eyes at Lesath’s words. “…Lesath serious.” He started flailing his arms around. “Lesath enact punishment fo-”

“Lesath…guard duty…now.” Skrelle gave him a stern look and the wobbuffet faced Skrelle. He gave an obedient nod and waddled his way back to the stairs.

“Lesath tear off Ipsiato’s pincers and Rosa’s body dress later,” he muttered loud enough for the four to hear as he left the room, leaving Rosa and Ipsiato to sneer at him when he left.

“Moron,” Rosa grumbled.

“Dull-witted,” Ispiato muttered.

“Enough,” Skrelle ordered, facing the two. “Enough bickering. This is an important meeting, as you know full well, Ipsiato.” He focused his scowl at Ipsiato, whose angry face slowly started to go ashamed.

The lurantis’s head fell slightly as she uttered a sigh. “Yes sir…sorry, Skrelle.”

“It is pardoned,” Skrelle answered with a calmer, friendlier expression. He gave her nod and turned his focus to Rosa. “Rosa,” Rosa looked back at him with a scowl, “All of you go with Lesath and keep watch. I will finish preparing things here.”

Rosa gave a little huff and started heading out with Del, who was already at the stairs but not because she was asked to. More just so Lesath couldn’t sneak behind her, even though she hadn’t taken off her stare on the wobbuffet since he lipped something threatening to her.

Ipsiato was about to go too, but stopped due to a sudden Skrelle’s request.

“Yes?” she asked, looking at the older rampardos.

Skrelle’s eyes lowered and looked to the side. “You know…I feel uneasy about having this meeting.”

“Are you really concerned we’ll be attacked or something?” Ipsiator asked, in a rather concerned tone. “I mean, I understand if you feel uneasy knowing there are potential troublemakers in the members attending bu-”

“It’s not that.” He walked over to the stairs and looked up them. “I…I feel uneasy with our recent moves.”

“You mean Amestria specifically?” she guessed.

“Yes…maybe…I don’t know.” His eyes shut and head fell. “I just hope, I’m not chosen to go there.”

Ipsiato walked over and stood next to him. “Well…I’m sure you won’t be chosen. More than likely, they’ll keep you here in Sorphia and all. I mean, no offense, but you are getting a little old.”

Skrelle gave her a little jesting snort. “Old huh? Well, good to know this sixty-eight year old can still silence a room with a stern call to order.”

They chuckled a little. “I have a feeling we’ll need it.” Ipsiato gave him a warm smile as Skrelle looked back with his own. They stared at each other’s red eyes for a little with mutual respect till Ispiato, finally, started heading over to the stairs, leaving Skrelle to just watch her ascend the stairs out of sigh.

Old huh, Skrelle though as he turned around, looking at the area ahead and assessing how to approach it. He cracked his neck on both sides as he gave a determined smirk. Well…I still can do a lot. I’m not ready to stop now. Better than just sitting around trying to do something I can’t.

Names:

Ipsiato - [Ip - see - ah - toe]

Lesath - [Leh - sath]

Skrelle - [Skrehl]

“I’ve been to places I wouldn’t have visited before. I get to see different things, which is important. It gives me new experiences to draw from.” ~Hidetaka Miyazaki [creator of Bloodborne]
        #55   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 2 Days Ago (9:52 PM).
      Darkinium Z

Interesting memory/soul link between Daemon and Trishula there. Seems like Trishula is questioning his role in the organization and such.

Finally Swift and Seliph get a heartfelt conversation of what's been going on. Glad Seliph finally clears up his bottled up emotions. Him calling Swift Uncle there is sweet.

Last scene looks like a few new characters have been introduced. I'm guessing they're other members of the red eye council? Got a bit crowded and was trying to keep track who is who (Lesath is easier though due to his speaking style haha).

A couple grammar/style stuff before I go. I've been noticing you're going passive voice again. For instance, "gave a nod", "let out a sigh", etc. In those instances active voice would make the narration read and flow better (he nodded, she sighed, etc).

Quote:
      “Uh…right.” Daemon nodded slowly, flustered but also a little depression at them ending so quickly.
      "A little depressed" you mean?

Quick Reply