Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Ad Content
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 1 Week Ago (4:20 AM).
weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
Banned
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Posts: 2,688
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Not gonna lie the main reason why I want Iris to show up is because I want to know what her deal is on Fairy types. I mean, she hated Ice types and the cold because of their advantage against Dragons. What does she think about the fairy types because of their even bigger advantages to Dragon? I really wanted her to show up in XY because of that and because Ash got a Noibat but alas they broke the streak and she didn't come back.
    Yeah, agreed. Darn shame she had to be the first to be denied an appearance. At least with Serena, she's essentially a sitting duck if she went to Alola.

    Quote:
    Galar is looking to be very athletic so if they did indeed have a reason for Serena to do Rhyhorn Racing I can totally see that being a thing in Galar. Otherwise they'd have to come up with their own reason though honestly it doesn't even really have to be for Pokemon Showcase reasons. After all Dawn came for the tournament which had nothing to do with contests.
    Personally, I'd prefer if they DON'T go that route (also, technically, Serena's no longer a Showcase performer, as she changed her goal to contests at the suggestion of Palemo, so IF she goes to Galar, it would need to be contest-related). I wasn't really fond of how Dawn reappeared in Unova despite it lacking contests since, 1., she was left with literally nothing to do regarding her goal, and 2., it also resulted in the implication that she effectively interrupted her own journey in Hoenn, something that not even Ash is known to do (and before anyone mentions the Kanto reunion arc, that doesn't count since that whole trip was made at the behest of Professor Kukui, so Ash really didn't have a say in that matter).

    Quote:
    Speculating is the best we can do right now since we're still months ahead with little to no information. We'll definitely be able to narrow down the speculations and have more concrete ones and less pipe dreams once we have more information in the coming months. But until then hey we can just dream!!

    Have I mentioned that between the starters I want Ash to get Sobble? Between the three I feel like it fits him the more (though Scorbunny would be a close second with Grookey as the last one I'd choose for him. Sobble is cute and I feel like it'd fit him in general while Scorbunny would fit him for being an energetic little thing like him!!)
    Yeah, and besides, technically, we don't even know if Ash is even going to go to Galar or if there's going to be an anime adaptation of Galar. For all we know, it would be the same as the Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island animated adaptation (if you're going to say "there was no such show", I'll reply with "exactly.").
    Reply With Quote
      #27   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 1 Week Ago (6:03 AM).
    RileyXY1's Avatar
    RileyXY1 RileyXY1 is offline
       
      Join Date: Jul 2016
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Docile
      Posts: 128
      I don't think that Meltan will be carried over. It would take away a spot from an actual new Pokemon (especially if Ash gets all 3 starters).
      Reply With Quote
        #28   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 1 Week Ago (6:31 AM).
      weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
      Banned
         
        Join Date: Apr 2005
        Posts: 2,688
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by RileyXY1 View Post
        I don't think that Meltan will be carried over. It would take away a spot from an actual new Pokemon (especially if Ash gets all 3 starters).
        And that's not even getting into how it's unclear if Ash is even going to go to Galar anyways. For all we know, the writers might as well just try to have Ash win Alola (especially when they got extremely negative responses over how Ash lost the Kalos League and would NOT want to incur that outrage yet again.).

        In any case, we'll see whether Meltan evolves into Melmetal.
        Reply With Quote
          #29   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 1 Week Ago (7:33 AM).
        CodeHelmet CodeHelmet is offline
        Just your average Spaceball
           
          Join Date: Jun 2017
          Location: Hayward
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 2,802
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by RileyXY1 View Post
          I don't think that Meltan will be carried over. It would take away a spot from an actual new Pokemon (especially if Ash gets all 3 starters).
          When Ash went to Sinnoh, he had Aipom with him. Who’s to say he won’t have Meltan or Melmetal with him and then leave him at the lab for him to be studied by the region’s Professor? Also. I’m calling it now that Ash loses Alola. He’s frankly had an easy time with several “Ash-Pulls” giving him wins that shouldn’t have happened in the first place. The win against Hapu being the latest and most glaring one. I can forgive Episode 5 against Brock but I’m not going to forgive 2019 and over 1000 Episodes later. They have to stop having Ash face Ground Types with Pikachu. It should never win... especially if the opponent isn’t a Rock Type where Iron Tail does Normal damage and the opponent gets stronger Defensively after every Physical Attack. Period. Sprinklers were one thing. To say the ocean caused the effects of Soak? Yeah I call Shenanigans on that(South Park term for BS).
          __________________
          Currently raising:


          Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
          Reply With Quote
            #30   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 1 Week Ago (9:35 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by weedle_mchairybug.
          weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
          Banned
             
            Join Date: Apr 2005
            Posts: 2,688
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
            When Ash went to Sinnoh, he had Aipom with him. Who’s to say he won’t have Meltan or Melmetal with him and then leave him at the lab for him to be studied by the region’s Professor? Also. I’m calling it now that Ash loses Alola. He’s frankly had an easy time with several “Ash-Pulls” giving him wins that shouldn’t have happened in the first place. The win against Hapu being the latest and most glaring one. I can forgive Episode 5 against Brock but I’m not going to forgive 2019 and over 1000 Episodes later. They have to stop having Ash face Ground Types with Pikachu. It should never win... especially if the opponent isn’t a Rock Type where Iron Tail does Normal damage and the opponent gets stronger Defensively after every Physical Attack. Period. Sprinklers were one thing. To say the ocean caused the effects of Soak? Yeah I call Shenanigans on that(South Park term for BS).
            If his win is as bad as you say, I fully agree he didn't deserve that win. However, I highly disagree with you about hoping he'd lose Alola. Think about it for a minute: Alola until now never even had a league competition. Do you REALLY think that having Ash lose what is essentially the first annual league of a region is a good idea? It would be an even more embarrassing loss than in Unova (and considering that loss involved losing to someone who made even Ash at his most stupid seem like a bona fide genius, and getting a rank down, that's saying something). And that's not even getting into how badly received Kalos was for how they just had Ash lose despite heavily implying that he'd actually win the league for once (combined with the reveal that Alola didn't even have gyms, either). Besides, what makes you think he'd lose anyways? For all we know, the writers might as well treat the league like they did the Orange Islands and have him win then face Galar anyways (let's face it, realistically, there wouldn't even be enough challengers to make it seem like the standard leagues, going by the cast we do have), even have Meltan/Melmetal essentially act as that region's "GS Ball", and that's of course assuming they're even going to have Ash continue on to Galar anyways and not simply retire him.
            Reply With Quote
              #31   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 1 Week Ago (11:13 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Ash.
            Ash's Avatar
            Ash Ash is offline
            from pallet town
             
            Join Date: Jul 2008
            Nature: Gentle
            Posts: 12,337
            Ok how about we don't comment how Ash might not go to Galar in every comment because it never pushed the topic in a healthy direction at the end of BW nor at the end of XYZ.

            League discussions should also go in their own thread unless its speculation on how it leads him to Galar.
            __________________
            mod
            smt
            vpp
            Reply With Quote
              #32   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 1 Week Ago (11:21 AM).
            weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
            Banned
               
              Join Date: Apr 2005
              Posts: 2,688
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ash View Post
              Ok how about we don't comment how Ash might not go to Galar in every comment because it never pushed the topic in a healthy direction at the end of BW nor at the end of XYZ.

              League discussions should also go in their own thread unless its speculation on how it leads him to Galar.
              Gee, that's going to be tricky, since it isn't particularly clear regarding Ash's future. The only thing we can state is that, if that deleted tweet is to be believed, whoever will be in Gen 8's anime, if there is one anyway, will probably have to face eight stadiums as they were gyms
              Reply With Quote
                #33   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 1 Week Ago (11:31 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Ash.
              Ash's Avatar
              Ash Ash is offline
              from pallet town
               
              Join Date: Jul 2008
              Nature: Gentle
              Posts: 12,337
              Well I don't expect this thread to really get active until we have more to speculate from and thats ok!! Because once there is more information then we can jump back and do all the speculating!

              But all that repeated comment does is eventually cause an argument on whether or not ash is coming back with the only "evidence" between ratings and the fact that Ash has never been replaced. There's no need for that, honestly, and because he hasn't been replaced yet i think itd be better to just speculate on the grounds that he will continue his journey.

              Then, if by chance he is being replaced we can always re-speculate. No fault in that.
              __________________
              mod
              smt
              vpp
              Reply With Quote
                #34   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 1 Week Ago (2:15 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Quiji.
              Quiji's Avatar
              Quiji Quiji is offline
              Love Bites
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2009
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Hardy
                Posts: 201
                I don't foresee Galar being near Kalos nor having any connection to it. That kind of thinking reminds me of how some folks thought Alola was close to Hoenn just because both regions were tropical. Ugh.
                Reply With Quote
                  #35   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 1 Week Ago (4:13 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Ash.
                Ash's Avatar
                Ash Ash is offline
                from pallet town
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2008
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 12,337
                People are theorizing that they'll be next to eachother because of where the UK and France are on the map (in the fact that they are much closer to one another than the regions Alola and Hoenn were based off of). Of course, this is just theory and while it's a small chance, it's still a larger chance than any other regions we've had since Johto/Kanto (who are connected because of where they are in real life).

                Honestly I suppose it depends on the route they decide to go with the anime whether or not we'll be seeing past people.
                __________________
                mod
                smt
                vpp
                Reply With Quote
                  #36   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 1 Week Ago (7:14 PM).
                Fletchling's Avatar
                Fletchling Fletchling is offline
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2014
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Sassy
                Posts: 6,112
                he might not even go to Galar. Uwu.
                Reply With Quote
                  #37   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 1 Week Ago (11:03 PM).
                Percy's Avatar
                Percy Percy is offline
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2014
                Location: Asia
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 2,700
                i'm speculating an awesome team for ash just like in xy. also expecting ash to get only one starter from galar. don't know, just a feeling :8
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #38   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 1 Week Ago (3:38 PM).
                Ash's Avatar
                Ash Ash is offline
                from pallet town
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2008
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 12,337
                I would love for him to get another solid team like DP or XY. Though also would love to see just as much Pokemon interaction between eachother or even with the humans like Sun and Moon. It's honestly one of my favorite things about the series especially since it felt like there was a fair lack of it in XY (like I vaguely remember the Pokemon interacting with one another but like. nothing really stands out). Also why I really love Best Wishes.

                If they can find an even better balance between the good things about XY, the good things about Best Wishes and Sun Moon, and those good things about DP, then we'd have a fantastic series imo!!

                As for starters I can see him with any of the starters. I'm rooting for Sobble but I wouldn't be upset with any of them. I'm thinking one starter as well but I suppose it depends on who his companions ends up being.
                __________________
                mod
                smt
                vpp
                Reply With Quote
                  #39   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 1 Week Ago (4:20 PM).
                raxic_ex's Avatar
                raxic_ex raxic_ex is offline
                I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2013
                  Location: Taiwan
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lonely
                  Posts: 119
                  I'm hoping the female protagonist would be one of the companions of course, I'm not fond of BW's 2 Gym Leader companion which 'killed' Hilda or even Rose which I've anticipated sadly. Also, I would actually like the companions to actually have more members on their team. Most of Ash companion never seem to have a team more than 3. DP Brock, Cilan and Serena are some of the examples, and also the entire SM crew, but cant really blame 'em for having such massive casts.

                  If Ash did went to Galar, I'm probably fine with any starters he gets as long as he don't catch all three of them, look how messy it was back at BW. For me, Sobble doesn't fit for Ash so far (I like Sobble a lot it just that I scared it might ended up where Froakie was with that Ash-Greninja shenanigan). Grookey might go the stealing Ash's cap route again like Aipom/Mankey, and Scorbunny seems fitting for the female protagonist... :3

                  Lastly, I hope the XY production crew will come back to do the Galar anime. Not hating on SM production, they did a great job for Alola Region as it fits the storyline very well (cheerful, funny and cute, all characters are stationed in specific places most of the time), but for gyms returning and travel across a region, I'd prefer the XY crew more (most likely due to they have more of a shonen theme i guess)
                  Reply With Quote
                    #40   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 1 Week Ago (2:09 AM).
                  Piii's Avatar
                  Piii Piii is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2017
                    Posts: 214
                    Non of the Galar starters fit Ash at all. Hopefully he will get a starter and it could be all three of them, you never know. We have no way to tell how the Galar anime will be like until the SM anime comes too an end. We don't need another XY since that series wasn't that well like, Ash could get three of the Galar starters or maybe even one, if he does go to the Galar region.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #41   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 1 Week Ago (7:59 AM).
                    hotsushi-kun hotsushi-kun is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2019
                      Location: Nis, Serbia
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Serious
                      Posts: 131
                      Female Protagoinst having Scorbunny will resemble to that of an XY & AG that May & Serena brougt them as Starter Pokemon while Ash obtains simply Sobble as its starter Pokemon.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #42   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 1 Week Ago (4:52 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Quiji.
                      Quiji's Avatar
                      Quiji Quiji is offline
                      Love Bites
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2009
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Hardy
                        Posts: 201
                        I don't get the "none of the new Starters fit Ash" argument, because it's completely subjective and I swear I've heard the same reasoning used in previous sagas whenever fans dislike new Starters. That said, as long as Ash doesn't get the Manaphy & Froakie fusion-looking reject, I don't care what happens.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #43   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old 1 Week Ago (4:54 PM).
                        Ash's Avatar
                        Ash Ash is offline
                        from pallet town
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2008
                        Nature: Gentle
                        Posts: 12,337
                        the fact that you're calling it a reject is all the more reason why he should get it after all he does normally get the pokemon who are rejected by others!!

                        (i kid. mostly. discussing which pokemon ash gets is all based on opinion at this point especially bc we don't know the evolution or any other information yet).
                        __________________
                        mod
                        smt
                        vpp
                        Reply With Quote
                          #44   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old 1 Week Ago (7:11 AM).
                        RileyXY1's Avatar
                        RileyXY1 RileyXY1 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2016
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Docile
                          Posts: 128
                          In terms of starters, I think that Ash will get Scorbunny and Sobble while the girl gets Grookey.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #45   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old 1 Week Ago (9:20 AM).
                          weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
                          Banned
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2005
                            Posts: 2,688
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by RileyXY1 View Post
                            In terms of starters, I think that Ash will get Scorbunny and Sobble while the girl gets Grookey.
                            Well, that certainly would be a first, I'll say that much.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #46   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old 1 Week Ago (11:36 AM).
                            RileyXY1's Avatar
                            RileyXY1 RileyXY1 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2016
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Docile
                              Posts: 128
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
                              Well, that certainly would be a first, I'll say that much.
                              You're right. No female companion has ever gotten the Grass starter. It went to Ash 6/7 times so far. The only Grass-starter so far that Ash didn't catch was Chespin.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #47   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old 1 Week Ago (11:39 AM).
                              Ash's Avatar
                              Ash Ash is offline
                              from pallet town
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2008
                              Nature: Gentle
                              Posts: 12,337
                              If Grookey ends up with something to do with Music thatd be... interesting to see it as one of Ash's pokemon to say the least. I wonder if they'll break the trend again i think its gonna depend on the companions.
                              __________________
                              mod
                              smt
                              vpp
                              Reply With Quote
                                #48   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old 1 Week Ago (1:57 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by CodeHelmet.
                              CodeHelmet CodeHelmet is offline
                              Just your average Spaceball
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2017
                                Location: Hayward
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Relaxed
                                Posts: 2,802
                                A real break from tradition would be to have Ash not have a starter at all. We have no idea what the cast will be but since they went from 4 in XY to 6 in SuMo, my thinking is they drop back down to 4 in Galar but the other three protagonists will each have one of the starters. Plus like RileyXY1 pointed out, Ash has had the Grass starter for 6 of 7 regions(Kalos being the lone exception). That all but points to a companion getting it and a Female one at that since Chespin went to Clemont.

                                As for the other types, Fire was 5 of 7(both times to Female companion) and Water is now 4 of 7(twice to Female, other to Brock). Meaning of all the types, Ash is due for another Water starter if he happens to get one in Galar(would make sense too if Kalos happens to be nearby as it was the last region he had one).
                                __________________
                                Currently raising:


                                Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #49   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old 1 Week Ago (2:32 PM).
                                Ash's Avatar
                                Ash Ash is offline
                                from pallet town
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2008
                                Nature: Gentle
                                Posts: 12,337
                                I mean. I guess it depends on whether or not they have another Max/Bonnie. But regardless I don't think they would go without giving Ash at least one starter to really showcase.
                                __________________
                                mod
                                smt
                                vpp
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #50   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old 1 Week Ago (3:06 PM).
                                Taste of Tea's Avatar
                                Taste of Tea Taste of Tea is offline
                                Hoenn confirmed
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2009
                                  Location: Johto Region
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Nature: Careful
                                  Posts: 64
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
                                  I don't get the "none of the new Starters fit Ash" argument, because it's completely subjective and I swear I've heard the same reasoning used in previous sagas whenever fans dislike new Starters. That said, as long as Ash doesn't get the Manaphy & Froakie fusion-looking reject, I don't care what happens.
                                  I don't like Sobble either and if someone gets it I hope it's the rival.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                  Reply

                                  Quick Reply

                                  Join the conversation!

                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                  Ad Content
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:29 PM.