Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Ad Content

#101   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old March 17th, 2016 (4:43 AM).

I agree Serena is complete luck muk even I like Iris more than her and even Max or Marin can beat her
      #102   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old April 1st, 2016 (10:46 PM).

Started on rival destinies yesterday, kind of preferred the original OP for season 14 but season 15 is not too bad.
      Everything was ok until episode 4.

Apperently the artists of Nimbasa city eat the vanillite line as snacks. There is no more defending that that line was purely made for food reasons and its only reason for existance is to be eaten.

Spoiler:
      Yes I know those are gummy ice creams made to look like the vanillite line but its more fun to think otherwise XD
        #103   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old April 4th, 2016 (6:44 AM).

Nature: Quirky
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by llysender View Post
      Started on rival destinies yesterday, kind of preferred the original OP for season 14 but season 15 is not too bad.
      Everything was ok until episode 4.

Apperently the artists of Nimbasa city eat the vanillite line as snacks. There is no more defending that that line was purely made for food reasons and its only reason for existance is to be eaten.

Spoiler:
      Yes I know those are gummy ice creams made to look like the vanillite line but its more fun to think otherwise XD
      I think those are not actually Vanillite and its evolutions, but rather ice creams that are the in shape of them. I think the Vanillite one could have easy used a small cup that resembles the base of its body, and maybe a stylized cone for the Vanillish one, as well as likely using decorations to make their faces. Vanillite and its evolutions' designs actually appear to be sentient icicles with snow covering their head that makes them look like an ice-cream cone.

There's also the fact that Vanillite, Vanillish and Vanilluxe's actual size proportions are much larger than a real ice-cream cone. Even Vanillite itself is much larger than a standard ice-cream in a cone.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/
        #104   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old April 12th, 2016 (2:50 PM).
      coolcoolcool

Nature: Relaxed
      Hey guys! I'm hosting movie nights in General Entertainment and I wanted to know if anyone is interested in anime nights as well? Could be fun to stream some old school episodes on a weekly basis and get the community together 8) Let me know!

#105   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old April 14th, 2016 (5:29 AM).
      Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
        So I have been looking at what happens in Episode 112 in the XY series.

Spoilers coming up:

Spoiler:
        According to Bulbapedia when Serena lost to Aria, she was approached by the older woman. The following is from Bulbapedia:

'After that, Serena was approached by Palermo to become her protégé so she could become a better performer to have a chance at being the next Kalos Queen. Serena however, declined the offer telling her that her journey with her friends has helped her develop and until she finishes she can't go with her, Serena is then told by Palermo; "Continue your journey & to call once you're satisfied."'

With this being said, and almost guarantees that Serena will be leaving after XY. Do you think she will just leave temporary and then come back to 'train' more with Ash as he travels or do you think she will be like all other characters like most of us think? This would also simi confirm that the new region is not near Kalos.

It reminds me of Dawn, but this time there is a more direct love interest involved for Serena. Dawn did't want to go with Kenny because she wanted to stay with Ash until the end of Sinnoh.

If Serena stays or goes, what would you like the new female trainer to be? I really want there to be a female gym challenger. I think it would be a nice change to have to gym challengers as the main characters. Maybe a double battle league or something where the two trainers have to work together. I also think it would be an amazing final battle in the Pokemon League.

And now on to my next question. Why do you think literally all of Ash's traveling companions and a few of his rivals are going to Johto? It just seems odd to me that so many are going to Johto. As far as I know, May, Iris, Dawn, and multiple rivals have went there. I do not remember where Cilan went after he parted from Brock. And Brock is probably traveling between Johto and Kanto. To be fairly honest, I think they are setting up the end of the anime in Johto to fight Team Rocket and having most of the main characters returning at some point. But this might be a long long time from now.
          #106   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old April 14th, 2016 (7:58 AM).
        (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)

Nature: Timid
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
        Hey guys! I'm hosting movie nights in General Entertainment and I wanted to know if anyone is interested in anime nights as well? Could be fun to stream some old school episodes on a weekly basis and get the community together 8) Let me know!
        I'd definitely be interested, it's been ages since I saw some old episodes. c=

Quote:
        Originally Posted by IcyIce View Post
        Spoiler:
        And now on to my next question. Why do you think literally all of Ash's traveling companions and a few of his rivals are going to Johto? It just seems odd to me that so many are going to Johto. As far as I know, May, Iris, Dawn, and multiple rivals have went there. I do not remember where Cilan went after he parted from Brock. And Brock is probably traveling between Johto and Kanto. To be fairly honest, I think they are setting up the end of the anime in Johto to fight Team Rocket and having most of the main characters returning at some point. But this might be a long long time from now.
        Spoiler:
        I could be alone in thinking this but I feel the fact many traveling companions are ending up in Johto (which I hadn't even noticed, admittedly) is coincidental. May traveled through Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn to collect ribbons and then appeared in Sinnoh to participate in the Wallace Cup so she explored each region that was available up until that point, not just Johto.

Iris though, while she did to go Johto to battle Clair, right at the end of that same episode she saw Rayquaza flying through the sky and then decided to follow it to close off her story, right? In which case it makes most sense to assume she went to Hoenn long-term. Cilan did travel to Johto and stayed there from what I remember though, whereas Dawn went to Hoenn to work on her goal of becoming Top Coordinator and later to Johto.

So from that we know or can assume...
        Brock > Johto, as an apprentice to a Pokémon doctor
        May > all main regions that were available up until gen IV (where she made her last appearance), to compete for ribbons/participate in the Wallace Cup
        Dawn > Hoenn, then Johto (for the Wallace Cup)
        Iris > Hoenn? (following Rayquza)
        Cilan > Johto (to study more on being a connoisseur)

So going by that it looks to me like Hoenn had just about an equal mention. If the writers would actually include Kanto in these things the list would be a lot more evened out, I feel?

pair family mal llsif bandori ffxiv art
        sheep x bobandbill 5ever
          #107   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old May 10th, 2016 (5:37 AM).
        Fictional Writer.

Yo guys, if you have seen all the news on Pokemon Sun and Moon, I can honestly say I would not mind at all if Serena is replaced by the female from Sun and Moon games. I love Serena, but I really love the female's design in Pokemon Sun and Moon. Hopefully they don't treat her like White/Hilda and ignore her and give him a gym leader if Serena is replaced.
            #108   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old May 25th, 2016 (4:05 AM).

Honestly , I think XY series would have been more enjoyable if Ash had a female rival like Georgia and Burgundy.
            Imagine A Tsundere girl who told a grudge on Ash for defeating her But also seem to hold some affection for him which she denies.

#109   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old May 25th, 2016 (7:02 AM).

Quote:
            Yo guys, if you have seen all the news on Pokemon Sun and Moon, I can honestly say I would not mind at all if Serena is replaced by the female from Sun and Moon games. I love Serena, but I really love the female's design in Pokemon Sun and Moon. Hopefully they don't treat her like White/Hilda and ignore her and give him a gym leader if Serena is replaced.
            I do think the new female protagonist from Sun & Moon definitely gives off an Ash companion vibe and wouldn't be surprised if she's the new female lead for the anime (her starter seems likely to be Rowlet or Popplio). Hilda getting completely ignored in favour of Iris was one of the downsides of BW for me so I hope he doesn't get two Gym Leaders for companions again, but granted BW was doing a lot of Kanto throwbacks and acting a lot like a reboot in that manner, such as reverting Ash back into a noob.

#110   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old May 25th, 2016 (12:32 PM).
            Fictional Writer.

Yeah. Then Kalos acted like Hoenn and kinda Sinnoh, so I am hoping Alola is a lot like Sinnoh. Then I am almost 100% sure he will win.

Most of my predictions for the XY anime have come true and I have been somewhat accurate about when until XYZ started. I really hope all of Alola will be like Pokemon XYZ.

If the female from the games is in it and she isn't going to be a gym challenger, I really hope she does Pokéathlon or Pokemon Racing. Ash could participate, but not be a winner other than a few times. I think having a main character do Pokeathlons would be totally amazing and it wouldn't always have to be the same thing.
                #111   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old May 25th, 2016 (10:44 PM).
              Radiant Dragon Fang!

Nature: Lonely
              Here's my honest opinion about what I want Sun & Moon to be like. I'd love it if Ash is with TWO newbie trainers. Two instead of one. Maybe the guy newbie could be unsure of what his goal is, and the girl newbie could try racing, as IcyIce stated above me.

...But two newbies will never happen. He'll probably get with one of the most kid looking male gym leader as his male companion. :|
                #112   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old May 25th, 2016 (10:52 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Karnavaly View Post
              Here's my honest opinion about what I want Sun & Moon to be like. I'd love it if Ash is with TWO newbie trainers. Two instead of one. Maybe the guy newbie could be unsure of what his goal is, and the girl newbie could try racing, as IcyIce stated above me.

...But two newbies will never happen. He'll probably get with one of the most kid looking male gym leader as his male companion. :|
              There's always the chance the writers could change it up a lot, especially when you consider all the patterns XY broke.

#113   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old May 26th, 2016 (12:05 AM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Karnavaly View Post

How about We have new female companion who happen to be the Professor's assistant and traveling to Gather Data about Alola Legendary Or True strength of Pokemon ?
                At least , That way She and Ash can run into that Evil Team that's after Alola legendary and want all the Data She collected.
                Honestly , I wish for a New Girl who acts like the "Lass" from Pokemon Origin!
                Suppose --

--–1) Ash does something to Anger her (Like Pikachu accidentally frying her bike) which promote her to battle Ash that end like -

Spoiler:

---2) She still refuse to admit Ash to be stronger then her So she start following Ash around for rematch.

---3) She’s will be a girl with high IQ who researching the best way for a pokemon to be stronger! That’s the main reason she can not accept Ash’s superiority over her due to their intellectual difference.

---4) She laugh at Ash when he decide to challenge a gym-leader claiming that Ash is too young to challenge a gym-leader with just a pikachu.

---5) She & New male companion will also get Mad when Ash bluntly challenges An E4 member for a battle without showing any manner.

---6) However , This will be her face when Ash wins his 1st Gym-battle

---7) Afterward , She start following Ash around to learn his secret however Ash will not be thrill about her following him around and telling him what to do.

#114   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old May 26th, 2016 (2:35 PM).

Contests need to return, so I would love a newbie trainer that is a big May and Drew fan be Ash's companion. I would see her being like the protagonist for Sun and Moon and start with a Rowlet. Then, a science discovery type kid that is collecting rare stones and has a fossil pokemon. He could end up finding new stones that may evolve certain types (such as an Eevee that the girl could get).
                    #115   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old May 27th, 2016 (8:57 AM).
                  (「・ω・)「

Nature: Brave
                    Contests coming back would be cool!

Though, I would be lying if I said that I disliked the performances that Serena participates in. They usually make for cute episodes. That could be just the girly side of me that likes all the colorful, sparkly stage performances. Contests definitely weren't as made up.

re: Origins, I've pretty much given up on the main series anime characters being more like the game characters. It just never really happens, except for the rivals being similar sometimes.

Ash traveling with two newbies instead of one would be neat, though, rather than a Gym Leader dropping their lives at the drop of a hat for Ash.
                      #116   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old May 28th, 2016 (12:18 AM).

So I found this.

It turns out the Kalos League arc will be beginning at the end of June, and Ash will probably catch his final Kalos team member around that time since he'll need six Pokemon for the full battle rounds. But if this is to go by, Ash is probably going to use only his Kalos team which is disappointing because I was hoping for his older-gen reserves to come back.

But if the League is starting in June-July, and S/M aren't released until November, this means we may get a lot of fillers after the League ends and eventually leading up to the inevitable farewell for Serena, Bonnie and Clemont while Ash discovers the Alola region and is heading on his way there.

#117   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old May 28th, 2016 (5:49 AM).
                    Fictional Writer.

Well Team Flare Arc will probably start right after the League. Similar to how Team Plasma's Arc was after the League. Team Flare hasn't been stopped yet.

Goodra is also coming back and that still doesn't mean Ash won't bring back any old pokemon.

According to the titles, there is supposed to be a Charizard X vs Y. This leads me to believe that Ash will bring back Charizard. As only Trevor and Alaine have badges and Alaine has not indicated anything about badges.

It also seems like Tierno and Sawyer battle in which it sounds like Sawyer loses.
                        #118   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old May 28th, 2016 (4:35 PM).

I've already mentioned this, but it's possible that Alan will be in the League if it's a Team Flare plot. That is if they are going to do the Flame Arc within the league. I've heard people hope that it's not what happens (considering the location and what happened in France in the past year), so it's really up in the air right now. We'll likely be getting more information as we get closer to the league. But, as I mentioned somewhere else, is that the Charizard X and Y battle might not have anything to do with Ash. Not when he has Ash-Greninja and Mega Evolution is something he would also have to overcome. Why do Ash-Greninja and have him overcome that just to give him a Mega? Not good writing, in my opinion.
                          #119   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old May 28th, 2016 (10:20 PM).
                        (「・ω・)「

Oh my gosh, if he just plows through with Greninja, I will be so mad. I mean, I like the whole fusion thing, but I don't want it to be the only battling method he has to use for the rest of forever when he wants to win.

Also, yes please @ Ash possibly using his Charizard again
                            #120   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old May 28th, 2016 (10:23 PM).
                          Radiant Dragon Fang!

Nature: Lonely
                          Quote:
                          According to the titles, there is supposed to be a Charizard X vs Y. This leads me to believe that Ash will bring back Charizard. As only Trevor and Alaine have badges and Alaine has not indicated anything about badges.
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
                          Also, yes please @ Ash possibly using his Charizard again
                          You two will be disappointed to know that the Mega Charizard Y is not Ash's.

Spoiler:
                          It is Trevor's.
                            #121   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old May 28th, 2016 (10:31 PM).
                          (「・ω・)「

I'm trying a thousand tears right now, why must the anime hurt us like this?
                              #122   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old May 28th, 2016 (10:40 PM).

Quote:
                            Oh my gosh, if he just plows through with Greninja, I will be so mad. I mean, I like the whole fusion thing, but I don't want it to be the only battling method he has to use for the rest of forever when he wants to win.
                            As Kory mentioned, it's confirmed that Mega Charizard Y belongs to Trevor. Plus, Ash is confirmed to not be using any older-gen reserves, making this the third region (not counting Kanto) that he's using only his new team for the region, after Hoenn and Unova.

There has been mystery over who Ash could get for his sixth team member when he reaches the full-battle stages, but it seems a lot of people presume it'll be Goodra making a comeback to the team.

And yes the anime does love to set us up for disappointment, and maybe that's one of my speculations as to why the Japanese viewer ratings figures are at a new low.

#123   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old May 28th, 2016 (11:58 PM).

Quote:
                              I'm trying a thousand tears right now, why must the anime hurt us like this?
                              Because we are Ash-fan and he wasn't created by Tomioka's team! He was created by Takeshi Shudo's Team.
                              Just look at Alain who is in fact created by Tomioka's team.
                              He gets a free keystone and Mega Charizard right at the start of the series and reach E4 level only in 4 episode.
                              While Shota just stay off-screen and come back with more badge , Keystone , Mega Sceptile and more power then Ash. He even got a better team then Ash.
                              While Ash is in this anime for 700 episode yet he can't win a league and reach an E4 trainer level! He had One Pseudo-Legendary pokemon that he had to release and A "Something Like Mega" that might kill him while destroying all his possibility to have any megevolve pokemon.

Ash losing the Kalos League would be the biggest prof of Writers favoritism! If Writers doesn't favor anyone then Ash will win Kalos League since its his Main goal! Alain's main goal is to be The strongest Megevolution user which he nearly fulfilled after beating Malva and Shota goal was to megevolve Sceptile SO ASH IS THE ONLY ONE WHO HAVEN'T FULFILLED HIS MAIN GOAL.

#124   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old May 29th, 2016 (2:03 AM).
                              The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!

Nature: Jolly
                              Quote:
                              I'd just haate it if they replace Serena so soon. I personally wanted her to continue with Ash forever, but since thats not gonna happen. So, i'd like it if she continued with him for atleast 3-5 gens.

"There's no sense in going out of your way to get somebody to like you" - Ash Ketchum
                                #125   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old May 29th, 2016 (8:26 AM).
                              (「・ω・)「

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Famon View Post
                                Because we are Ash-fan and he wasn't created by Tomioka's team! He was created by Takeshi Shudo's Team.
                                Just look at Alain who is in fact created by Tomioka's team.
                                He gets a free keystone and Mega Charizard right at the start of the series and reach E4 level only in 4 episode.
                                While Shota just stay off-screen and come back with more badge , Keystone , Mega Sceptile and more power then Ash. He even got a better team then Ash.
                                While Ash is in this anime for 700 episode yet he can't win a league and reach an E4 trainer level! He had One Pseudo-Legendary pokemon that he had to release and A "Something Like Mega" that might kill him while destroying all his possibility to have any megevolve pokemon.

Ash losing the Kalos League would be the biggest prof of Writers favoritism! If Writers doesn't favor anyone then Ash will win Kalos League since its his Main goal! Alain's main goal is to be The strongest Megevolution user which he nearly fulfilled after beating Malva and Shota goal was to megevolve Sceptile SO ASH IS THE ONLY ONE WHO HAVEN'T FULFILLED HIS MAIN GOAL.
                                I think in some weird way, they think that if Ash starts winning leagues and actually becoming a "Pokemon Master", maybe people would stop watching? Because it could reach that mentally of "Oh, he's accomplished it's goal, it's done now". Though, I definitely do think that part of Ash's character staying mostly the same, would be the newer writers trying to stay true to the original, like you said in a way.

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by nishthelegendarytrainer View Post
                                I'd just haate it if they replace Serena so soon. I personally wanted her to continue with Ash forever, but since thats not gonna happen. So, i'd like it if she continued with him for atleast 3-5 gens.
                                I would also be okay with her staying, but it never happens, so we can just cry until maybe she makes an appearance at the end of the next series.

Quick Reply