Fan Fiction and Writing Have a story you want to share? Or in the mood to sit back and read one, instead? Then come hang out here!

Ad Content

#26   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old December 24th, 2015 (12:25 AM).
This is fine.

Nature: Jolly
Regirock

The Builder

It appeared with two large boulders scooped under each arm, placed them on the ground and set to work. With a quiet hum it rapidly sliced at the rocks. When the dust settled, the onlookers saw that they had been impossibly separated into neat cubes.

It then moved onto arranging them. First the outline was laid down, and then the walls built up, row by row. A roof was erected, and then a window and entrance punched in. Satisfied with its construction, it turned back to the quarry to get the materials for the next house.

They murmured with gratitude.
  #27   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old December 24th, 2015 (12:37 AM).
This is fine.

Registeel

The Defender

The pack opted to announce their attack with aggressive howls that chilled them to the bone, rather than sneak into the community. They poured through the trees.

The Registeel suddenly ghosted in front to greet them. They paused, uncertain of this challenger, before one leapt forward with a mess of claws and teeth. It merely stood its ground, waited for the attacker to comically clang off its body, and punted it away back past the pack.

It turned to face the others. The attackers quickly chose to retreat before the mysterious golem decided to give chase.

They cheered with awe.
  #28   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old December 24th, 2015 (12:46 AM).
This is fine.

Regigigas

The Master

It instructed the people to block off the final entrance. When they finished filling the tomb, it summoned up strength to seal it. Mere rocks would not be enough to conceal them.

It wondered what had gone wrong. Why had it tried to make the winter everlasting? Why had it tried to take back the homes it built? Why had it turned against its friends, against its own creator?
It slowly lumbered toward the mountains. For the good of its friends, it would retreat into a deep slumber. Hopefully it could dream of the happier times.

They watched every step.

------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:
Both prompts were related to Regice's entry: "Write a holiday fic about a holiday that doesn’t exist. (Bonus points go out to fics that create holidays that in no way resemble Christmas but are still very obviously winter-themed.)", and "How does Regice celebrate the winter season?" With the latter, I felt Regice would have interacted with people in ancient times, and perhaps celebrated the beginning of winter with them.

But if I did an entry for Regice, I had to do one for the other Regis as well. After a while I recalled that Regigigas created the three, and that going by dex entries for some of them (and backed up by their locations in the games as well), they were 'sealed away by people long ago'. If they got along with people, then naturally something went wrong for them to be sealed, and Regigigas far away in a deep sleep.

It was a neat thing for me to write some connected drabbles for a change! Hope it turned out well.
  #29   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old December 24th, 2015 (12:20 PM).
VOLT TACKLE >:D

Nature: Quirky
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post

Spoiler:

It was a neat thing for me to write some connected drabbles for a change! Hope it turned out well.
    Spoiler:

But continuity and surprise connections are so satisfying! Bringing it all together, especially unexpectedly is so satisfying. As a reader I enjoy them even more! Want to give it one more connected drabble a go? If so, can you do a connected drabble for Phantump and Yamask? They have a similar enough pokedex entry to make it easier to connect (though I'm sure there will be the good ol' BobandBill twist. Better than RickandMorty IMO).

Finished the FR/LG monotype a loooooong time ago. Not that anyone cares though.
      #30   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old December 29th, 2015 (11:49 PM).
    This is fine.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pikachukid View Post
    But continuity and surprise connections are so satisfying! Bringing it all together, especially unexpectedly is so satisfying. As a reader I enjoy them even more! Want to give it one more connected drabble a go? If so, can you do a connected drabble for Phantump and Yamask? They have a similar enough pokedex entry to make it easier to connect (though I'm sure there will be the good ol' BobandBill twist. Better than RickandMorty IMO).
    Glad to hear it! I'm certainly open to trying it again down the line, and I'll see if I get any ideas for those two in particular after tackling the next Pokemon on the request list. No promises, but I'll see what I can do!

Cheers for the review!
      #31   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old January 6th, 2016 (9:39 PM).
    This is fine.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bardothren View Post
    Hello bob! I saw you took on my challenge, so I thought I'd drop by and see how you did. I like the work, especially the last one which tied them all together. However, they feel like they're missing the upbeat humor of the other ones - the Regice one had it, but the other seemed plainer by comparison.

As for the rest of your drabbles, I love them! Keep writing more, and it'd be interesting to see what you would do with ditto and smeargle.
    Cheers for dropping in!

It's good you noticed the lack of upbeat humour, as it was a purposeful decision to write the Regis' entries like that, heh. Admittedly Regice's has a touch, but as it was (as titled) the Entertainer, I felt 100% serious would not fit that particular drabble. It also came after a comment elsewhere that I maybe should try more serious drabbles now and again. Still going to be largely comedy entries though, I suspect.

I'll add Ditto and Smeargle to the request list. :)
      #32   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old January 9th, 2016 (3:40 PM).
    This is fine.

Finneon

Flight of the Butterflies

“You said we’d see special butterflies,” he whined. “This is the sea.”

“And you will see them,” his grandfather. The boy sighed and leaned on the railing.

“There,” his grandfather said, pointing. He squinted and spotted a neon dot among the waves. And then another, then five, and suddenly a whole colony fluttered out of the water, gliding lazily in the wind across the expanse.

“Different sort, but...” They gazed as the Finneon’s lights danced with the ocean.

“Yeah, that was nice,” the boy eventually agreed. A pause followed before he added, “It almost makes up for no ice cream.”
      #33   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old January 9th, 2016 (3:45 PM).
    This is fine.

Lumineon

Night Light

“Time to sleep, son.”

“'Night.” His father killed the lights and gently closed the door.

The child sighed and gazed at the fish tank. It was filled with knick-knacks; seaweed, rocks, and even a sandcastle. While the Lumineon it housed was smaller than most, it still required its spacious home to occupy the entire desk. The fish settled to the bottom and stirred up some sand with its lower fins.

“Lum, please switch on.” On command the Lumineon fins lit up, casting shadows of the objects nearby onto the room's walls. Satisfied, the boy turned back to his book. “Thanks.”
      #34   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old January 10th, 2016 (11:18 AM).
    Radiant Dragon Fang!

Nature: Lonely
    Oh, cool, a drabble dex. Continuity, even, with each entry. I'm really liking this idea, and the drabbles are interesting. I got a request: how about Male Burmy? I'd love to see a drabble on that.
      #35   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old January 13th, 2016 (1:18 PM).
    This is fine.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Euphonium View Post
    Oh, cool, a drabble dex. Continuity, even, with each entry. I'm really liking this idea, and the drabbles are interesting. I got a request: how about Male Burmy? I'd love to see a drabble on that.
    Well, some entries anyway with continuity, haha.

Nice to hear you like the project! And Male burmy? Sure, I can give that a go down the track (and its fellow evolutions.)
      #36   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old February 14th, 2016 (4:31 AM).
    This is fine.

Flabébé

Unsolved Mystery

The young aide frowned at his Pokédex. “Uh... Professor, I have a question.”

“What is it?”

“See that Pokémon?” He pointed at the grassy field. A bright blue flower was dutifully dragged across the mess of green by a small, white nymph. It hummed happily.

“Ah yes, Flabébé. Cute Pokémon.”

“Yeah. It’s been dragging that flower all morning, and clearly likes plants. And according to this, it gets a ton of Grass type moves! Aromatherapy, Razor Leaf, Solar Beam... So why is it classified only as a Fairy type?”

The Professor glanced at the Pokédex and scratched his head. “...Huh.”
      #37   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old February 14th, 2016 (4:37 AM).
    This is fine.

Floette

Treasure Hunt

She sniffed at the flower before eventually shaking her head– not good enough. The search was some hours long already, but she had time to find a proper replacement.

Dusk was upon the Pokémon before she was finally satisfied. The soft scent was right, and it held rich power. The Floette cuddled the prize before gently removing it from its stem.

A sharp buzz gave her pause. She quickly dropped the flower and ducked as a large Bug type narrowly missed her head.

They both eyed the flower.

She frowned. She wasn’t going to give its prize up that easily.
      #38   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old February 14th, 2016 (4:41 AM).
    This is fine.

Florges

First Day

He really should have asked for a map of the darn hedge maze before going in. Maybe he’d be able to work out the way back from the sections he had trimmed, but he hadn’t been methodical.

Then he heard rustling. “W-who’s there?”

At length a Florges rose from behind a wall and glowered at him.

“Hey, it’s okay. I’m new, is all...” He thought furiously. “I like plants too! You, uh, look nice with those flowers!”

It smiled at this remark for a mere moment before its face darkened, right as he realised it noticed his secateurs.

“No, wait-”
      #39   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old February 15th, 2016 (6:47 AM).
    The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll take both just to be sure.

Nature: Quiet
      Your skits on the flabébé line were nice additions to the project. Have you done one yet for froslass? (Been meaning to review your other projects, too, but haven't had the time. Life has been eating me lately. :/ )
        #40   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old April 9th, 2016 (3:40 AM). Edited April 9th, 2016 by bobandbill.
      This is fine.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by SeleneHime View Post
      Your skits on the flabébé line were nice additions to the project. Have you done one yet for froslass? (Been meaning to review your other projects, too, but haven't had the time. Life has been eating me lately. :/ )
      Huh, I somehow missed this. Sorry. >_>

I can try something for that line later, certainly! Cheers for the complement on the previous line as well.

-------------------

Phantump

Reminiscence

Normally he was much more lively than today. But today he felt like thinking quietly, sat next to the other uninhabited tree stumps. Nobody else wanted to use these charred homes.

He swore that same strange memory had come to it once again. He had been running – not floating, running - with someone, from something… They got separated, and…

That was as much he could recall.

But that was impossible, right? He had always been a Phantump, not a human.

Wait… how did he know that word, ‘human’?

He sighed. He wished he remembered what it meant, and what happened.
        #41   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old April 9th, 2016 (3:46 AM). Edited December 14th, 2018 by bobandbill.
      This is fine.

Trevenant

DIY

“Bah, another one.” His Pokémon noticed the skinny obstruction. She rolled her eyes.

“Look, you know I can’t get around that tree.” A moment passed. “Please?”

She sighed. She was rapidly losing her motivation. A few slashes and hacks gradually stripped the tree of its scrawny limbs.

Grraewwaorrrr

She froze.

“Hi, mister… angry tree…” Her trainer hurried backwards. “Defeat that monster!” She stared at the towering Trevenant. Its single red eye glared back.

When its six legs scampered towards her with spiked arms outstretched, she decided. She flew straight up, out of the forest, and ignored her trainer’s protesting wails.
        #42   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old April 20th, 2016 (4:34 AM).
      This is fine.

Yamask

Contemplation

It wasn’t bad being a Pokémon. But the memories of her previous life still stung.

There were advantages, of course. She carried so much knowledge and life experiences that she could draw upon in this new form.

But she just couldn’t forget. She couldn’t forget the escape, nor the fire chasing them, nor how they had been split up.

Only she had made it out. Surviving then proved to be a curse as much as a miracle.

She gazed at her mask, but she only saw his face in her mind. It would be better if she couldn’t remember everything.
        #43   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old April 20th, 2016 (4:39 AM).
      This is fine.

Cofagrigus

Censored

Another successful GTS transfer. He grinned.

Sure, it was lazy. But the professor never said how he should complete the Pokédex. Breeding all those starters was paying off. He typed in the next Pokémon on the list and hit submit.

WARNING! INDECENT REQUEST! INDECENT REQUEST!

The trainer clutched at his ears as sirens blared and alarm lights flashed. Police barged into the internet café and hauled him out.

“What’s going on?!” he cried.

“We don’t tolerate that kind of language, sir,” one told him coldly.

“But I just wanted a Cofag-” he started, before soap was thrust into his mouth.
        #44   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old April 25th, 2016 (6:50 AM).

Nature: Adamant
      These are all such short little things but somehow extremely pleasant to read. I have no idea how you do it. I particularly enjoyed the Finneon/Lumineon and Flabebe ones.
        #45   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old April 27th, 2016 (10:42 AM).
      I AM THE REAL SONIC

Nature: Adamant
      A few of these feel less like complete stories and more like a setup, but when you restrict yourself to about 100 words I suppose that is the challenge you deal with.

I particularly like your ghost stories and would like to see how you handle something less tragic and more sinister. Say, Spiritomb.
        #46   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old April 30th, 2016 (6:13 PM).
      This is fine.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
      These are all such short little things but somehow extremely pleasant to read. I have no idea how you do it. I particularly enjoyed the Finneon/Lumineon and Flabebe ones.
      Cheers for the compliment, gimmepie!
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Necrum View Post
      A few of these feel less like complete stories and more like a setup, but when you restrict yourself to about 100 words I suppose that is the challenge you deal with.
      It certainly is a challenge. Curiously, do you have specific instances of a drabble feeling incomplete? A couple come to my mind already
      Quote:
      I particularly like your ghost stories and would like to see how you handle something less tragic and more sinister. Say, Spiritomb.
      Spiritomb shall be added to the list! Sinister, hum... We shall see.
        #47   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old September 17th, 2016 (6:28 AM).
      This is fine.

Had a break thanks to busyness with life and Daily. But getting back into fics!

Ditto

The Great Egg Conspiracy

He ran – ran - for the first time in years. It was a short distance from his position outside to the front desk, but it left him gasping for breath.

“They’re… onto us,” he panted.

She nodded and slammed a button. The cages behind her screeched opened. Gradually numerous Ditto slowly exited their drab confines.

“Go on, get out!” he urged. “If they find out how we were using you… Oh, we shouldn’t have listened to that Professor!”

“Shut up! We’ll be fine! Just…” She snatched at a broom and tried to sweep the flubber Pokémon out into Route 34.
        #48   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old December 24th, 2018 (5:24 AM). Edited December 24th, 2018 by bobandbill.
      This is fine.

Back from the dead!

Mareep

Counting sheep

“No treatment is working for Mary’s insomnia...” the senior doctor mused.

“Maybe we should try something different. Like...” The trainee tapped his fingers. “Maybe have her count Mareep?”

“Yes, maybe- no! Don’t be silly.” She stared. “You’re serious? That’s a silly misconception. And there’s hardly any Mareep on the nearby farm to count!”

“What about... counting their legs?”

“Those Mareep have so much wool you can’t see any other part of them!”

Mary, sitting on the nearby chair, yawned. They were so boring with their chatting for hours about treatments. Maybe... if she just rested her eyes for a while...
        #49   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old December 24th, 2018 (5:26 AM).
      This is fine.

Flaaffy

Makeshift cushion

Dana sighed as she stared down the road of Route 38, while stroking her Flaaffy’s wool. The Trainer she had called was taking his sweet time.

“That free Thunderstone isn’t going to wait forever...” she muttered. “And standing here in the sun is tiring!”

Eventually enough was enough. Dana turned to her two Pokémon.

“Psyduck, stand watch!” she ordered. Psyduck stared blankly ahead, which she guessed was good enough. She walked to a nearby tree with her Flaaffy, and sat down, resting her head against the soft wool on its neck. It bleated quietly.

“At least you guys are reliable...”
        #50   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old December 24th, 2018 (5:27 AM). Edited December 24th, 2018 by bobandbill.
      This is fine.

Ampharos

Because you’re worth it

The Nimbasa Fashion Show was in full swing. Elesa took in the sights, with Trainers and Pokémon strutting their stuff on the runway.

“Next up, we have Nina, from Kalos, with her Ampharos!”

Ampharos? Curious choice for a fashion show... she thought. The pair appeared with the sheep Pokémon waddling besides its trainer. Then Elesa noticed a large stone upon the trainer’s ring shining bright.

In a flash of light the Ampharos transformed, as gorgeous rivers of hair sprouted from its head and tail. Red orbs glistened, and it adorned sunglasses.

“Beautiful...” she whispered, unable to tear her eyes away.

Quick Reply