• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Drabble Dex

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Kingdra

New Fashion

"Hey, Kingdra. Come over here."

She opened one sleepy eye. That was Clair, her trainer. Normally training wasn't this early. She yawned and made her way towards the water's surface. It took a moment for her to reach Clair.

She beamed at her. "What do you think?" She twirled, an action most unlike Clair which threw off her Pokémon. It took another moment for the Kingdra to register her clothing. The blue dress and headpiece resembled... her. She snorted, accidentally spat out a blot of ink, and chuckled.

Clair put her hands on her hips. "What, don't you like it?"

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Mudkip

Adoption Centre

"Thanks for letting me report on this!"

"No worries." She opened the door. "This way."

They were greeted by endless rows of sterile cages. All the occupants turned their heads as one to regard their visitors.

"Wow... so many Mudkip," the reporter breathed. "Why are there so many?"

"You're aware of the 'herd u liek Mudkip' advertisements?" He nodded. "Too successful. People bred them like Buneary, and now we have an overflow."

"But why were these given up? They're cute!" He petted one. It burped an astonishing amount of mud in reply that overflowed onto the floor. "...Oh. Right, mud."

Last edited:
Reactions: Sun

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Marshtomp

Eat your vegetables

"C'mon, they're good for you!" the trainer pleaded. He got knelt and offered the remaining dinner contents to his Marshtomp. It backed up into the corner and moaned, shaking slightly for good measure as it ignored its trainer's coaxing.

His roommate looked up from his book. "I told you not to use him in the Grass-type Gym after he evolved," he berated. "You probably scared him off plants for life now."

The trainer persisted. "Look, they're tasty!" He took a bite from one before violently spitting it out.

"It's Pokéfood, not people food." He turned back to his reading. "Idiot."

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Swampert

Mega Waste

It hadn't even a moment to take in his surroundings when he felt the energy behind him. He turned and saw his trainer grin, toss him a stone, and place a hand on his bracelet.

The Swampert nodded back and allowed the stone's light to consume his body. His arms and fins grew until the light burst away to unmask his transformation. He let loose a roar and looked for his opponent, only to face a lone boulder.

"Yeah, could you please move that?" the trainer asked. Swampert slowly turned back and glared. "What? I thought the muscles would help!"

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Here's the first set of legendary Pokemon drabbles! I wrote these for a prompt for the PC FF&W Holiday Prompt event, even if the prompt could only possibly fit one of them (I'll post what that was after the last of these). And it kinda fits the FFQ prompt over on sppf as well, so there's that too!

Back to the requested list afterward, but given time constraints (prompt deadline), this had to be posted now (Christmas Eve over here!)

-----------------------------------

Regice

The Entertainer

It was already there, waiting for them. It knew better than they when Winter had begun.

But now it could celebrate. It skated to the centre of the clearing and twirled. A cold wind began to generate from its body, coating the ground in ice. Soon a makeshift ice rink had formed. A few children giggled and leapt onto the icy creation, only to promptly fall over.

The Regice continued, caught up in its celebratory dance. Soon a thick blanket of snow had engulfed the hills, enough for a small snowman army, or a snowball fight.

They whooped with glee.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Regirock

The Builder

It appeared with two large boulders scooped under each arm, placed them on the ground and set to work. With a quiet hum it rapidly sliced at the rocks. When the dust settled, the onlookers saw that they had been impossibly separated into neat cubes.

It then moved onto arranging them. First the outline was laid down, and then the walls built up, row by row. A roof was erected, and then a window and entrance punched in. Satisfied with its construction, it turned back to the quarry to get the materials for the next house.

They murmured with gratitude.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Registeel

The Defender

The pack opted to announce their attack with aggressive howls that chilled them to the bone, rather than sneak into the community. They poured through the trees.

The Registeel suddenly ghosted in front to greet them. They paused, uncertain of this challenger, before one leapt forward with a mess of claws and teeth. It merely stood its ground, waited for the attacker to comically clang off its body, and punted it away back past the pack.

It turned to face the others. The attackers quickly chose to retreat before the mysterious golem decided to give chase.

They cheered with awe.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Regigigas

The Master

It instructed the people to block off the final entrance. When they finished filling the tomb, it summoned up strength to seal it. Mere rocks would not be enough to conceal them.

It wondered what had gone wrong. Why had it tried to make the winter everlasting? Why had it tried to take back the homes it built? Why had it turned against its friends, against its own creator?
It slowly lumbered toward the mountains. For the good of its friends, it would retreat into a deep slumber. Hopefully it could dream of the happier times.

They watched every step.

------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Reactions: Sun

bobandbill

one more time
Years
But continuity and surprise connections are so satisfying! Bringing it all together, especially unexpectedly is so satisfying. As a reader I enjoy them even more! Want to give it one more connected drabble a go? If so, can you do a connected drabble for Phantump and Yamask? They have a similar enough pokedex entry to make it easier to connect (though I'm sure there will be the good ol' BobandBill twist. Better than RickandMorty IMO).
Glad to hear it! I'm certainly open to trying it again down the line, and I'll see if I get any ideas for those two in particular after tackling the next Pokemon on the request list. No promises, but I'll see what I can do!

Cheers for the review!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Hello bob! I saw you took on my challenge, so I thought I'd drop by and see how you did. I like the work, especially the last one which tied them all together. However, they feel like they're missing the upbeat humor of the other ones - the Regice one had it, but the other seemed plainer by comparison.

As for the rest of your drabbles, I love them! Keep writing more, and it'd be interesting to see what you would do with ditto and smeargle.
Cheers for dropping in!

It's good you noticed the lack of upbeat humour, as it was a purposeful decision to write the Regis' entries like that, heh. Admittedly Regice's has a touch, but as it was (as titled) the Entertainer, I felt 100% serious would not fit that particular drabble. It also came after a comment elsewhere that I maybe should try more serious drabbles now and again. Still going to be largely comedy entries though, I suspect.

I'll add Ditto and Smeargle to the request list. :)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Finneon

Flight of the Butterflies

"You said we'd see special butterflies," he whined. "This is the sea."

"And you will see them," his grandfather. The boy sighed and leaned on the railing.

"There," his grandfather said, pointing. He squinted and spotted a neon dot among the waves. And then another, then five, and suddenly a whole colony fluttered out of the water, gliding lazily in the wind across the expanse.

"Different sort, but..." They gazed as the Finneon's lights danced with the ocean.

"Yeah, that was nice," the boy eventually agreed. A pause followed before he added, "It almost makes up for no ice cream."

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Lumineon

Night Light

"Time to sleep, son."

"'Night." His father killed the lights and gently closed the door.

The child sighed and gazed at the fish tank. It was filled with knick-knacks; seaweed, rocks, and even a sandcastle. While the Lumineon it housed was smaller than most, it still required its spacious home to occupy the entire desk. The fish settled to the bottom and stirred up some sand with its lower fins.

"Lum, please switch on." On command the Lumineon fins lit up, casting shadows of the objects nearby onto the room's walls. Satisfied, the boy turned back to his book. "Thanks."

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Oh, cool, a drabble dex. Continuity, even, with each entry. I'm really liking this idea, and the drabbles are interesting. I got a request: how about Male Burmy? I'd love to see a drabble on that.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Oh, cool, a drabble dex. Continuity, even, with each entry. I'm really liking this idea, and the drabbles are interesting. I got a request: how about Male Burmy? I'd love to see a drabble on that.
Well, some entries anyway with continuity, haha.

Nice to hear you like the project! And Male burmy? Sure, I can give that a go down the track (and its fellow evolutions.)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Flabébé

Unsolved Mystery

The young aide frowned at his Pokédex. "Uh... Professor, I have a question."

"What is it?"

"See that Pokémon?" He pointed at the grassy field. A bright blue flower was dutifully dragged across the mess of green by a small, white nymph. It hummed happily.

"Ah yes, Flabébé. Cute Pokémon."

"Yeah. It's been dragging that flower all morning, and clearly likes plants. And according to this, it gets a ton of Grass type moves! Aromatherapy, Razor Leaf, Solar Beam... So why is it classified only as a Fairy type?"

The Professor glanced at the Pokédex and scratched his head. "...Huh."

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Floette

Treasure Hunt

She sniffed at the flower before eventually shaking her head– not good enough. The search was some hours long already, but she had time to find a proper replacement.

Dusk was upon the Pokémon before she was finally satisfied. The soft scent was right, and it held rich power. The Floette cuddled the prize before gently removing it from its stem.

A sharp buzz gave her pause. She quickly dropped the flower and ducked as a large Bug type narrowly missed her head.

They both eyed the flower.

She frowned. She wasn't going to give its prize up that easily.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Florges

First Day

He really should have asked for a map of the darn hedge maze before going in. Maybe he'd be able to work out the way back from the sections he had trimmed, but he hadn't been methodical.

Then he heard rustling. "W-who's there?"

At length a Florges rose from behind a wall and glowered at him.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm new, is all..." He thought furiously. "I like plants too! You, uh, look nice with those flowers!"

It smiled at this remark for a mere moment before its face darkened, right as he realised it noticed his secateurs.

"No, wait-"

SeleneHime

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll t
Years
Your skits on the flabébé line were nice additions to the project. Have you done one yet for froslass? (Been meaning to review your other projects, too, but haven't had the time. Life has been eating me lately. :/ )

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Your skits on the flabébé line were nice additions to the project. Have you done one yet for froslass? (Been meaning to review your other projects, too, but haven't had the time. Life has been eating me lately. :/ )
Huh, I somehow missed this. Sorry. >_>

I can try something for that line later, certainly! Cheers for the complement on the previous line as well.

-------------------

Phantump

Reminiscence

Normally he was much more lively than today. But today he felt like thinking quietly, sat next to the other uninhabited tree stumps. Nobody else wanted to use these charred homes.

He swore that same strange memory had come to it once again. He had been running – not floating, running - with someone, from something… They got separated, and…

That was as much he could recall.

But that was impossible, right? He had always been a Phantump, not a human.

Wait… how did he know that word, 'human'?

He sighed. He wished he remembered what it meant, and what happened.

Last edited:
Back