Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Ad Content
View Poll Results: Who's prettier ?
Dawn 45 52.33%
Serena 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

#51   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 12th, 2015 (11:55 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Euphonium View Post
    I never liked Dawn, so Serena is automatically cuter to me. Serena is also much prettier than her, imo.
    At least Dawn has the charm and personality to catch up to Yuzu unlike Serena.
    Second person that can catch up to Yuzu is Misty simply by adapting a new Ponytail.

#52   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 13th, 2015 (12:31 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Famon View Post
      I believe , Dawn is the Best choice among all existing girl to be Ash's interest.
      I fully agree with you. She was the first to be designed probably. No strange hair. Not wearing shorts. But a pink dress.
      Back at the end of DP, l felt: it is wrong how Ash never get interested in her.
        #53   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old October 19th, 2015 (1:11 PM).
      Show me that Fighting Spirit

Nature: Relaxed
      Gotta go with Dawn based on current looks, love that longer hair and she was just so cute

if Serena had her long hair still, i'd say Serena then but alas she does not :/

So Dawn it is!♥
        #54   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old October 19th, 2015 (4:30 PM).

Nature: Naughty
        I don't think looks matter much since this is a kid's show, but if I had to choose I'd say Serena looks prettier given her outfit.
          #55   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old October 19th, 2015 (6:09 PM).
        The typo Queen

Nature: Calm
        As much as I really like Serena, Dawn was my favorite Character in the serie :) (Loved May too!!)
          #56   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old October 20th, 2015 (2:05 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Serena08 View Post
          Please, Serena does have a personality. She's the same Serena as when she had long hair, get the **** over the haircut, jeez! :x
          And second thing if you don't like Serena so much why do you have her in your sig?
          Ya , A Boring Ass personality !
          Honestly , It seem her personality is model after the most annoying Shoujo Anime heroin stereotype.
          You know , Those insecure and passive girl that has large crush on a Senpai for saving them once so they chase after him for his attention.
          If Pokemon was a Shoujo anime with Serena as Main Protagonist then it would have work out but Pokemon is Kid-shouene anime with Ash as main protagonist.
          Or If it was Ash with One-side affection while Serena remain oblivious (Doreamon) then her personality might have work.
          Or If Serena was a referring character with a mysterious past with Ash.
          Truth is , Serena is in wrong position with wrong personality in a wrong anime! Even Y-chan (PokeSpe) has better personality then her .
          Animes like Pokemon needs Tough girls like Bulma (DBZ) or Nami (One Piece) as the main traveling companion since they keep a leash on the reckless Protagonist like Ash , Lufty or Goku.
          Thats why Misty existed ! She never existed to achieve her goal , she existed to handle Ash.
          Iris never work out because she herself a wild girl ! She's not someone to scold ash for being a Kid , She the type that get scolded by others for being a Kid.

#57   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old November 12th, 2015 (5:41 PM).
          THE DAB MAN

Nature: Brave
            I don't Care, I say Down with both of them Hurrah but how do we do that "Jeff Get The Hypno Were Bringing Them Down With Their Own Pokemon"
              #58   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old November 13th, 2015 (4:35 PM).
            THE DAB MAN

I don't care I say down with both of them
                #59   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old January 6th, 2016 (11:23 PM).

Nature: Adamant
                In terms of appearance I'd give the slight edge to Serena, due to the wavy blonde hair and eyes. But Dawn is pretty close.
                  #60   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old January 7th, 2016 (7:32 AM).
                Team Popplio!

Nature: Lonely
                  Both are very cute! However, I will side with Serena as I think she's unbelievably adorable (long or short hair!)
                    #61   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old January 9th, 2016 (5:57 AM).

Dawn look prettier specially in her ponytail

#62   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old January 10th, 2016 (11:14 AM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Famon View Post
                      Dawn look prettier specially in her ponytail

Dawn's best look
                        #63   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old January 12th, 2016 (10:28 AM).
                      Has officially quit PC

I would say that Dawn is better looking than Serena. There's nothing wrong with her at all. Both of them are actually pretty close but Dawn is the one I pick.
                        #64   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old January 16th, 2016 (3:08 AM).

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Kaiyu View Post
                        I would say that Dawn is better looking than Serena. There's nothing wrong with her at all. Both of them are actually pretty close but Dawn is the one I pick.
                        Thing is , Dawn's beauty comes from her Body and Personality.
                        But , Serena's beauty only came from Body which is lost after cutting her hair.
                        That why , Y-Chan (PokeSpe) look so much cuter and hotter then Serena even though they were based on the same person.
                        Truth is , Serena look cuter when she's aggressive like Misty! But the anime made Serena too sweet so she can't show her true beauty.

#65   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old January 21st, 2016 (10:32 AM).
                        Vampire Waifu

Nature: Quirky
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by janejane6178 View Post
                          Dawn's best look
                          Nah that would be this look from one of the ending credits:

Spoiler:

Couldn't find a better image of it.

Source: http://kurumierika.deviantart.com/art/CM-GrayComputer-361737006
                            #66   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old January 21st, 2016 (5:50 PM). Edited January 26th, 2016 by Concussion.
                          Concussion

I stole this from Adventure Time:
                            And so the great question endures. Who is cuter, Hikari or Serena? The answer is: Eureka! It's always Eureka!

Image from soveryanon.tumblr.com

In all seriousness, though, I do think Eureka is the cutest. The older girls just can't compete with a girl made for cuteness.
                              #67   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old January 23rd, 2016 (4:42 PM).
                            love live/Final Fantasy fan

im ot all into pokemon like i used to be but I think Serena lost her looks after she cut her hair i didnt really like her after that
                                #68   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old January 24th, 2016 (6:43 PM).

No, she didn't. On the contrary, she got much prettier now. She even beat May IMO, which was the prettiest Ash's companion until Serena cut her hair. Dawn, on the other hand, is second ugliest after Iris in my personal list, sorry to all Dawn fans, but I simply have no love for Anime characters with unnatural hair colour. And her cut was disgusting for me too. I only liked her look a little when she had her hair free, which was unfortunately very rare, or her halarious Dee-Dee look, but she did not keep that, unfortunately. That's my opinion on those two.

Personality-wise, I think Misty and May worked best for their particular sagas. Misty was there to try and tame Ash, something that was not really needed that much in Johto (which is, IMO, also why Iris failed, even though they tried to dumb Ash down in BW). So they came with May, even worst rookie than Ash was in the beginning, to show how Ash progressed already. Dawn brought nothing new to the show, she was yet another Coordinator with already established goal, skilled similarly to Ash at that point of the show, which was quite strange for a rookie and did not help with her character development either. Serena, on the other hand, came to the show as someone, who only went to Pokémon Journey to meet Ash and get rid of the harsh Rhyhorn racing training her mother forced on her. Thanks to that, she got a lot of character development. I only hope she will continue with that development and they will not stall her as they did with May after she got her goal and Dawn after she got over her initial loses.
                                But I still think the best romantic interest for Ash is Gary :P
                                  #69   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old January 25th, 2016 (12:01 AM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Horn View Post
                                  No, she didn't. On the contrary, she got much prettier now. She even beat May IMO, which was the prettiest Ash's companion until Serena cut her hair. :P
                                  Oh please , May is still 100 time more prettier then Serena .
                                  Truth is , Serena look nowhere near as cute as May after she cut her hair .
                                  Currently , Even Misty is more prettier then Serena.
                                  The Only girl who could match May in Beauty is Dawn!
                                  Unless Rosa appear in Anime who happen to be prettiest of all Main girl of Pokemon Game.

My guess that you never watched DP series at all ! Because Dawn was the only girl who was treated like Ash's partner.
                                  Both in TV Series and Movies where She & Ash work side by side to save the world.
                                  She even helped Ash train and come up with new ideas for gym-battle.
                                  Her problem was different then May! She was somewhat Overconfident and straight forward which resulted 3 loss in a raw until she work hard to improve herself.

#70   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old January 25th, 2016 (4:42 AM). Edited January 25th, 2016 by Horn.

I will not comment on that look as that is quite personal. You stated your opinion, I stated mine, case closed for me. Repeating our opinions will not make them facts. It will only fuel unnecessary flame.

I will, however, comment on your second paragraph. Of course I watched DP and yes, I am aware the writers made Dawn second main character. In Japanese, they even added her name next to Ash's in that text intro in openings. And yes, in the series, she worked side by side with Ash, getting significant role. And that was her biggest participation to the show and one thing I value about her. The same, however, is not true for movies, as the only one she got chance to save world was the first DP movie, after that, it was back to Ash being the only hero saving the day either himself or with movie character. Dawn, unfortunately, was no more useful then Brock in movies other then her first one.
                                    However, to these days I still think this role could easily be taken by May. Creating new Coordinator to go with Ash, most likely only to promote main game character, was unnecessary and uncalled for. And that's what bothers me about Dawn, skilled Coordinator who took over a role already taken by other main character in the show. That did not really happened in the show before and even after (though some may argue that Cilan and Clemont took over the role of Brock, but they still had their own unique goals and reasons to follow Ash and the same goes for Bonnie, who is more than just recycled Max). And that, unfortunately lessen Dawn in my eyes.
                                      #71   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old January 27th, 2016 (9:12 PM).

I think Serena because it's obvious that she has a crush on Ash and she looks pretty. The short hair did really suit Serena and her look stronger. But I don't her hair style when she got into Clemont's invention destroyed's radius.

I also like Dawn and her complaints are a bit funny but her voice is also good.
                                        #72   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old February 9th, 2016 (1:44 PM).
                                      BE YOUR OWN HERO

Spoiler:

obviously

i never really cared for these two but if i had to pick i go for serena?

WE'RE A BROKEN PEOPLE LIVING UNDER LOADED GUN
                                          #73   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                        Old February 11th, 2016 (10:26 AM).

I like May best lol. But between these 2, Dawn it is.
                                            #74   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                          Old February 13th, 2016 (3:11 PM).
                                          Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
                                            Can't remember if I reposted here, but I originally thought Serena was, but now I am very torn between both of them. After going bath to re watch some of Sinnoh, Dawn had that playfulness to her that I thought Serena would have after seeing her being woke up by Fletchling.
                                              #75   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                            Old February 13th, 2016 (9:42 PM).

Location: Obscure cities, that are dark.
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by IcyIce View Post
                                              Can't remember if I reposted here, but I originally thought Serena was, but now I am very torn between both of them. After going bath to re watch some of Sinnoh, Dawn had that playfulness to her that I thought Serena would have after seeing her being woke up by Fletchling.
                                              This isn't half the most religious thread on this forum, huh.

I guess that you could go with Serena, as they were a little late? This kind of has a decent synergy with XY104, where Serena goes around seeing people whom she hopes would be dignified and warm, but then is taught how to cry, which to get back to the point does imply that Serena does tend to be a character plunged into fairly serious plot points even about tangential issues, and as such might come across as less playful. They deal with trivialities as if they were grave matters, via artificial glorification. I'm not sure how this relates to Ariana, but I guess she might be right about something. You wonder if Dawn wasn't somewhat distanced from any overall themes in the anime, and hence a bit frivolous, though, in which sense they would be 'cute' in a slightly diminutive sense.

Quick Reply