Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old July 12th, 2016 (6:57 AM).

New Anime & Manga DCC!

Follow site and section rules. Keep lewd to a minimum. Limits are PG-13 and nothing absurdly suggestive. Rule breakers will be suplexed over the wall like so:

Have fun, and enjoy!

#2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old July 12th, 2016 (9:45 AM).
AEUG Pilot

Do I have to post a gif as well? Don't have anything at hand atm, so have a bit of Vegeta.

Spoiler:
    Also how are you guys enjoying the Summer season? I've surprisingly skipped everything, might only watch Berserk for the lulz. Vidya keeps me too busy.
      #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old July 12th, 2016 (9:53 AM).
    thick steamy gunpla resin

Nature: Modest
      haha it's a murder people with crappy browsers page.

I hope your page crashes and you have to reboot.
        #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old July 12th, 2016 (10:35 AM).

What the hell is Vegeta even doing in that picture.

I haven't even started summer season outside of Bananya. I've spent the past two weeks catching up on my Toonami backlog. I've got 8 episodes in my long-running shonen backog now (Finishing off original Naruto and then resuming Dragon Ball after finishing Naruto) and finish my unfinished shows backlog from last season before jumping into shows this season.

TL;DR: I'm not watching anything yet from Summer 2016 that doesn't feature a cat inside a banana peel.

That does give me an idea: an anime gif spam thread.
        #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old July 12th, 2016 (10:46 AM).

I watched the first couple of new Souma eps.

My first anime in 2 weeks!
          #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old July 12th, 2016 (12:33 PM).
        Forever paired with machomuu

Nature: Timid
        I finished Sakamoto a bit ago. I loved it so much, but heard there's theories behind the ending and they seem to be pretty creepy or something. shiver. First anime that I've completed in quuuuite a while, so I'm glad I did. Starting on more soon, yay.
          #7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old July 12th, 2016 (1:07 PM).
        Yo

Nature: Relaxed
        Watching a few things.

Danganronpa 3's a must, and this first episode absolutely killed it...aaaand basically confirmed that you need to play both 1 and 2 to watch pretty much either of the two parts. Wasn't all too interested in the Mirai-hen, but the first episode wasn't bad at all. And there's no source material, so I doubt it'll be as rushed as the original.

Taboo Tattoo I'm following for reasons listed in the other thread. It's got wonky direction and some of the animation and...not animation appears to have been done in Premiere and After Effects. So that's fun.

Shokugeki S2 (which I just caught up to yesterday). It's Shokugeki, no real explanation needed.

Mob 100 is a crazy Gainax wannabe from the creator of OPM and it shows- not that that's a bad thing. Quite enjoyed the first episode, myself, so this one's looking like a follow. Colors.

Fukigen na Mononoke, Amaama to Inazuma, New Game, and Nejimaki have my passing interest, and I'll give Relife a poke.

Lessee...haven't touched Handa-kun yet, but I liked Barakamon a fair bit so it's definitely on my poke list.

And as far as continuing: Dragon Ball Super (which is pretty fun, at the moment), Re:Zero (still on episode 10), and Ace Attorney (which just entered Justice for All and...though I worry about the animation, that opening does inspire some hope. Trials and Tribulations hype).

Good stuff. Good stuff all around.

Oh, right, and of course, Bananya. Of course.

I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
          #8   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old July 12th, 2016 (1:09 PM).
        1/2,578,917 ☆

Is the title a Cowboy Bebop reference?

As I am a robot, I am incapable of dreaming, but... how shall I put it? I have very much longed to
          MyanimeList » Last FM »
            #9   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old July 12th, 2016 (8:01 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lipstick Vogue View Post
          I watched the first couple of new Souma eps.

My first anime in 2 weeks!
          Manga readers are saying we're in for one of the better arcs in the series this season.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lize View Post
          I finished Sakamoto a bit ago. I loved it so much, but heard there's theories behind the ending and they seem to be pretty creepy or something. shiver. First anime that I've completed in quuuuite a while, so I'm glad I did. Starting on more soon, yay.
          Episode 13 is apparently being showed at a special screening in September since it got bumped off the air for a week because of earthquakes in part of Japan. Keep an eye out for that.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
          Don't need any reasons to watch some banana peel cats.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kenchiin View Post
          Is the title a Cowboy Bebop reference?
          Yes, but butchered to say goodbye to double posts.

Also, it would appear Iron Blooded Orphans is getting a Season 2:

https://www.facebook.com/gundamglobalportal/posts/1041026592600149:0
            #10   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old July 14th, 2016 (1:28 AM).
          Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
          If people stopped using Quick Reply, there wouldn't be any double posts :P

Anyway, Summer is good. Great recovery after abysmal Spring.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
            #11   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old July 14th, 2016 (10:36 PM).
          AEUG Pilot

So I watched this one show with a friend where the characters travel via trains and after finishing that show we randomly picked yet another one with a train. And both shows are kind of trainwreckish so I guess nothing good ever comes out of trains
            Spoiler:
            Except Baccano

Though as dumb and ridiculous as Kabaneri is, I have to say it's really entertaining, and we were glued to the screen. Those Kabane are so hilarious when they scream and fly through the air, even suiciding against the train. But the selling point in my case is pretty much the artstyle, which is so ironic. The designed is known for his work for Macross, and now he designed characters for another show the same season a new Macross aired (that had pretty bland designs)
              #12   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old July 14th, 2016 (11:39 PM).
            I like kitties

Nature: Lax
            Quote:
            Watching a few things.

Danganronpa 3's a must, and this first episode absolutely killed it...aaaand basically confirmed that you need to play both 1 and 2 to watch pretty much either of the two parts. Wasn't all too interested in the Mirai-hen, but the first episode wasn't bad at all. And there's no source material, so I doubt it'll be as rushed as the original.

Taboo Tattoo I'm following for reasons listed in the other thread. It's got wonky direction and some of the animation and...not animation appears to have been done in Premiere and After Effects. So that's fun.

Shokugeki S2 (which I just caught up to yesterday). It's Shokugeki, no real explanation needed.

Mob 100 is a crazy Gainax wannabe from the creator of OPM and it shows- not that that's a bad thing. Quite enjoyed the first episode, myself, so this one's looking like a follow. Colors.

Fukigen na Mononoke, Amaama to Inazuma, New Game, and Nejimaki have my passing interest, and I'll give Relife a poke.

Lessee...haven't touched Handa-kun yet, but I liked Barakamon a fair bit so it's definitely on my poke list.

And as far as continuing: Dragon Ball Super (which is pretty fun, at the moment), Re:Zero (still on episode 10), and Ace Attorney (which just entered Justice for All and...though I worry about the animation, that opening does inspire some hope. Trials and Tribulations hype).

Good stuff. Good stuff all around.

Future Trunks brought back the hype, future trunks always brings the hype. Sunday's ep is gonna be so damn good. As for Ace Attorney, they skipped two trials so far, not exactpy happy, but I guess the tutorial trial would make no sense in the Anime. Pearl is Kawaii Uguu to the extreme though, dunno if I can handle tje later stuff involving her heartbreak

#328 Trapinch
            Supporter Collab January 2015
            Doctor Who Fan Club

#13   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old July 15th, 2016 (2:01 AM).

Can't wait to complain about Gundam being muk for another 26 weeks.
                #14   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old July 18th, 2016 (12:46 AM).
              AEUG Pilot

So I've finished Kabaneri. The similarity with Attack on Titan isn't even a joke, they recycled so much, even manga plot they haven't adapted yet lol.
                  #15   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old July 21st, 2016 (8:02 AM).
                The Phenomenal Darling

Nature: Naughty

Watching some Freezing, the anime, since i randomly found some images in a random google search that somehow ticked my fancy. Then i checked when was it aired and the first season was at 2011 and the season came 2 years later. Somehow, the 2011's anime did have something in them that I can't describe yet.

A bit fanservicey? Well i saw it coming from the google searches but I do love some of that Humans vs Aliens themes in animes.
                    #16   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old July 21st, 2016 (8:54 AM).
                  door-kun best boii

Nature: Adamant
                  Quote:
                  Watching a few things.

Pretty much the reason I haven't touched it yet. Will do it once I've played through the second game haha. Now that it is out on steam, I really don't see a reason not to give it a go. :b Hope I grab it for a cheap price tho. me poor

Quote:
                  I know exactly what you mean now that I have seen episode 1 haha. Still haven't gotten around to watching the rest of the episodes that are out now but it was definitely somewhat fun.
                  And I saw some tits nice onee-sans in the OP. I'm probably gonna follow it.

Quote:
                  of course. SHOKUGEKI HYPE!!!

Quote:
                  Same.

Quote:
                  Amaama is arguably my favorite show this season. Just too friggin cute. And the whole parent-child relationship just tugs at my heartstrings. The fact that Tsumugi is voiced by the same girl who voiced Naru in Barakamon helps, too. <3;

Quote:
                  This series is TOTALLY unlike what Barakamon was. So don't go in expecting the same kind of content. Barakamon, despite being a comedy, was a really amazing healing animu too. This is pure comedy. :b

Quote:
                  Watching DBS here, too. And really enjoying it. I PSYDUCKING HATE Goku's and Gohan's japanese voice. All the other characters sound great, though. You should catch up on Re:Zero though. It'd be interesting to hear your opinion on some of the latest episodes XD;

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Xin View Post
                  Watching some Freezing, the anime, since i randomly found some images in a random google search that somehow ticked my fancy. Then i checked when was it aired and the first season was at 2011 and the season came 2 years later. Somehow, the 2011's anime did have something in them that I can't describe yet.

A bit fanservicey? Well i saw it coming from the google searches but I do love some of that Humans vs Aliens themes in animes.
                  Freezing was REALLY enjoyable tbh. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Nice art and a decent story = fun watch. The manga is much better though. Had already read the manga by the time Season 2 came out. Hence I found second season to mostly be a really psyducked up version of the story - they destroyed a specific arc and things just didn't have the same impact as it did in the manga.

Edit: Also, lol @ "random google image search". I think we all can probably guess what that "random" image search consisted of haha XD;
                  Talking of the Freezing OP though - I love it. It is an amazing opening. Both the song and the visuals are fantastic. Fell in love with the song since the first time I heard it >:3
                    #17   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old July 21st, 2016 (9:36 AM).
                  The Phenomenal Darling

I was looking for some fanart that was used in a youtube thumbnail then i somehow ended up seeing artwork and screencaps of Freezing.

Maybe it was totally that Satellizer x Ganessa picture of them together that got me to watching the show to see what I'll be dwelling in for a couple of days. Of course said image should stay where i found it ;)
                      #18   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old July 21st, 2016 (10:13 AM).

Freezing is pretty good if you're one of those ''Casca enjoyed it'' types.
                        #19   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old July 21st, 2016 (10:43 AM).
                      The Phenomenal Darling

I think i found something that would pass the time for me, especially since I like me some Nazi killing action so..

First Squad: The Moment of Truth

something more for me. The Eastern front of the World War II were Nazi Germany invades Russia, then their Nazi heads and dicks get blown off by a bunch of super powered teenagers. Yep. my kind of show or movie.
                          #20   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old July 21st, 2016 (4:00 PM).
                        AEUG Pilot

A movie about a Russian girl wielding a Japanese sword during WW2.
                            #21   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old July 21st, 2016 (4:17 PM).
                          The Phenomenal Darling

Slicey Dicey! Gunna be some dead Nazis!

That's how its done man.
                              #22   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old July 22nd, 2016 (1:05 AM).
                            Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by ZetaZaku View Post
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by ZetaZaku View Post
                            How ironic the name of thread is now =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                              #23   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old July 22nd, 2016 (6:05 AM).
                            AEUG Pilot

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Satoshi Ookami View Post
                              How ironic the name of thread is now =D
                              The curse is impossible to get away from. We can run to new threads, but it will always catch up with us.
                                #24   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old July 22nd, 2016 (7:33 AM).

We deserve it for liking anime.
                                  #25   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old July 24th, 2016 (5:58 PM).
                                AEUG Pilot

Went into Seraph of THE END expecting an Attack on Titan clone and got a Bleach clone. Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to rip off Bleach?

Quick Reply