Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old January 4th, 2019 (7:37 AM).
thick steamy gunpla resin

Nature: Modest
    A mainstay of the battle and sports genres they also appear in series about any other number of topics. Cookery, magical girls, music, student councils and card games are just a few. Hell, even Kino's Journey had one and that's about a girl (or was it a boy?) riding around seeing sights on a talking motorcycle. Even without looking at a seasonal anime chart it's probably safe to assume that there are multiple tournament arcs raging on at this very moment, and they're unlikely to stop in the foreseeable future.

Do you enjoy tournament arcs? If so, which series contain your favourites? Are they something that you have enjoyed in the past but have gone stale over time? Are there any series which haven't got them that you wish did?
      #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old January 4th, 2019 (10:26 PM).

Tournament arcs are fun.

Negima! still contains my personal favorite as the tournaments are kind of a side plot to the main arc they fall in, so things don't just completely grind to a halt plot-wise.

Also I guess Love Live technically has tournament arcs lol.
      #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old January 4th, 2019 (11:04 PM).

Nature: Adamant
    I've always has a soft spot for tournament arc, for some reason they're just so enjoyable. Maybe it's because it pits characters against each other that are normally on the same side?

BNHA, Naruto, One Piece, Dragon Ball, Fairy Tale, Pokemon.... name any shounen series and it's a safe bet that the tournament arc(s) are one of my favourite parts if not the most favourite.
      #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old January 5th, 2019 (11:26 PM). Edited January 5th, 2019 by strangerhypno.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
      I've always has a soft spot for tournament arc, for some reason they're just so enjoyable. Maybe it's because it pits characters against each other that are normally on the same side?

BNHA, Naruto, One Piece, Dragon Ball, Fairy Tale, Pokemon.... name any shounen series and it's a safe bet that the tournament arc(s) are one of my favourite parts if not the most favourite.
      One Piece had no tournaments except in Dressrosa, which was pretty lackluster
        #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old January 6th, 2019 (12:55 AM).

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by strangerhypno View Post
      One Piece had no tournaments except in Dressrosa, which was pretty lackluster
      I mean, I wouldn't call it the pinnacle of all tournament arcs definitely but it was fun enough.

Quick Reply