Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:55 AM).
Canine pokemon fan

Nature: Gentle
    So i've seen this thumbnail https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U15RLCvZfw and noticed a weird txt in japanese on 02:02

Does this confirms Ash having an Ivysaur?!

Original nick - BH
    Name - Bartek
      #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 3 Weeks Ago (2:16 PM).
    Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
      I don't think that's legit simply because Ash's Bulbasaur doesn't want to evolve and its had opportunities to do so but opted not to. Plus if this were to be true, there's two things I have a problem with. 1) It'd be a HUGE deal that a Pokemon of Ash's that didn't want to evolve did so and 2) It happened off screen unless we're getting another Kanto reunion(which has reached Super Saturation at this point).

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
        #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:44 AM).

Nature: Serious
        I don't think Bulbasaur will evolve at all since Bulbasaur is scared of getting evolved itself, so i think he prefers to be its is starter age, since it is an obviously past place for it.

(sorry for my poor English)
          #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:49 AM).
        Stuck In Unova

I thought it just did not want to be forced to evolve not that it did not want to evolve.
            #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:43 AM).
          lover of milotics

I think the train is already sailed on Ash's old pokemon to evolve or not... granted Cyndaquil did, but yeah, Bulbasaur made it clear it did not want to evolve for any reason, so I find that kinda... odd.
            #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 3 Weeks Ago (12:10 PM).
          Stuck In Unova

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
            I think the train is already sailed on Ash's old pokemon to evolve or not... granted Cyndaquil did, but yeah, Bulbasaur made it clear it did not want to evolve for any reason, so I find that kinda... odd.
            I mean as of now Kanto is in the spotlight due to LGPE and I assume if we do get DP remakes that would open the door for his SInnoh even if most did evolve.
              #7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 3 Weeks Ago (4:41 PM).
            from pallet town

I can imagine some of his older Pokemon evolving if they're ever showcased again (Quilava, Gible, Pignite, Palpitoad, etc) but because Bulbasaur specifically was one that did not want to evolve I don't see it evolving without either retconning it or giving it a reason for it to change it's mind.
              #8   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 2 Weeks Ago (3:28 PM).
            E4

Nah, it won't.
              Pretty sure we had an episode back in the OS days dedicated to Ash's Bulbasaur's evolution and it refused to evolve. IIRC it wanted to stay as a Bulbasaur and not evolve into Ivysaur that's why it did not evolve from that point onward. Inb4 it ain't legit.
                #9   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 2 Weeks Ago (9:29 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Piii.

Quote:
                Cyndaquil did evolve but that happen in Sinnoh not the OS, so that doesn't count. At the time it did evolved Dawn had a Cyndaquil aswell, we can only assume they evolve Ash's Cyndaquil to tell it apart from Dawn's Cyndaquil.

Ash's Bulbasaur was given an episode for it to evolved and it didn't want to evolved atleast yet, but it was also stated that we have no way to tell when Bulbasaur will decide to evolved.
                  #10   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:44 PM).

Nature: Quiet
                as much as i would like to see bulbasaur evolve, it's highly unlikely that bulbasaur will. still loves bulbasaur though <3
                  #11   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 2 Weeks Ago (3:07 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Dragon.
                lover of milotics

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Piii View Post
                Cyndaquil did evolve but that happen in Sinnoh not the OS, so that doesn't count. At the time it did evolved Dawn had a Cyndaquil aswell, we can only assume they evolve Ash's Cyndaquil to tell it apart from Dawn's Cyndaquil.

Ash's Bulbasaur was given an episode for it to evolved and it didn't want to evolved atleast yet, but it was also stated that we have no way to tell when Bulbasaur will decide to evolved.
                How does it suddenly not count exactly? My point here was, I would find it odd that they would evolve Ash’s older Pokémon in a setting that doesn’t give them much new screen time.
                  #12   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:26 AM).

Quote:
                  How does it suddenly not count exactly? My point here was, I would find it odd that they would evolve Ash’s older Pokémon in a setting that doesn’t give them much new screen time.
                  Well, for starters, none of Ash's companions in SM had a Bulbasaur, while Dawn did have a Cyndaquil by the time Ash used his.

You could use May's Bulbasaur, but on the other hand, it saw use for most of Hoenn (where Ash didn't use any of his old Pokémon besides Pikachu), and even in Battle Frontier, Bulbasaur was at least kept at Oak's lab up until the final fight with Brandon, so it wasn't readily apparent (not to mention by May's appearance in DP, it had already evolved).
                    #13   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 2 Weeks Ago (3:01 PM).
                  from pallet town

I mean. I suppose it's possible for thing to do the same thing they did for Quilava. But that's only if they decide for Ash to use his older Pokemon for the Pokemon League (which if he doesn't get a full team by then I suppose it's a possibility).
                    #14   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 2 Weeks Ago (5:23 PM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Ash View Post
                    I mean. I suppose it's possible for thing to do the same thing they did for Quilava. But that's only if they decide for Ash to use his older Pokemon for the Pokemon League (which if he doesn't get a full team by then I suppose it's a possibility).
                    Heck, Ash even GOING to school at all, especially as part of a long arc, when the past 20 years has proven he doesn't even need school to be a good trainer would make Bulbasaur's evolution decision uncertain. If they can just turn Ash into a schoolboy despite all evidence against it as far back as The School of Hard Knocks, they most certainly can have Bulbasaur decide to evolve as well.
                      #15   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 2 Weeks Ago (1:53 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Piii.

Quote:
                      It doesn't count because Cyndaquil evolve in Sinnoh not Johto, at the time it did evolve Dawn also had a Cyndaquil aswell, I believe they only evolve Ash's Cyndaquil because there was no way to tell them apart and evolving it was the only way to tell it apart from Dawn's Cyndaquil. May's Bulbasuar could be tell apart from Ash's Bulbasuar because it is male and Mays Bulbasuar is female with a different design leaf on her forehead.

Ash's Bulbasuar evolving can happen at anytime, but that remains to be seen since non of the classmates in SM have a Bulbasaur.
                        #16   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 1 Week Ago (12:16 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Quiji.
                      Love Bites

Nature: Hardy
                        I don't see why anyone would expect Bulbasaur to evolve, fake screen-shots notwithstanding. He made a conscious decision to remain as a Bulbasaur way back in OS, and I don't see why he'd change his mind now. Him evolving wouldn't even be like the Quilava situation since Cyndaquil was never against evolving in the first place. So it's apples and oranges.
                          #17   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old 1 Week Ago (1:24 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
                          I don't see why anyone would expect Bulbasaur to evolve, fake screen-shots notwithstanding. He made a conscious decision to remain as a Bulbasaur way back in OS, and I don't see why he'd change his mind now. Him evolving wouldn't even be like the Quilava situation since Cyndaquil was never against evolving in the first place. So it's apples and oranges.
                          Yeah, and all the way back in the OS, Ash proved he didn't need school to be a good trainer (School of Hard Knocks as well as the episode dealing with Entrance Exams). Using what happened long ago isn't going to cut it this time around. Heck,
                          Spoiler:
                          Ash technically managed to capture his first ever Legendary Pokémon via Meltan recently, something he is NOT known to do,
                          so it's a bad idea to cite the past regarding these things. And just as an FYI, I don't want or like the idea of Bulbasaur evolving any more than you do, but I'm at least accepting that it's a possibility.
                            #18   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old 1 Week Ago (2:47 PM).
                          Hoenn confirmed

Nature: Careful
                            Quote:
                            Yeah and this thread is making me wonder if I've stepped back in time to 2014 when folks also debated if he'd evolve in XY.
                              #19   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old 1 Week Ago (3:39 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Taste of Tea View Post
                              Yeah and this thread is making me wonder if I've stepped back in time to 2014 when folks also debated if he'd evolve in XY.
                              Well, technically, Bulbasaur wasn't even ALLUDED to in XY, unlike in SM where we not only got an appearance from it in the Kanto Reunion arc, but possible leaked key art does suggest it might evolve (note that I didn't say it WILL evolve, just that it MIGHT).
                                #20   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old 1 Week Ago (3:56 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Quiji.
                              Love Bites

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Taste of Tea View Post
                                I do recall that, but I could kinda get why they were speculating that back then given that Ash didn't have a Grass-type in Kalos and we saw him reunite with Bulbasaur in BW's final episode in what seemed like a pretty big deal. But the current situation isn't quite the same.
                                  #21   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old 1 Week Ago (1:48 AM).

Quote:
                                  Cyndaquil never shown any signs it wanted to evolve either and it did evolved in Sinnoh, which contradict everything about it not evolving in the OS.

Bulbasaur never said it would never evolved, it wasn't ready to evolve at the time during the OS. I don't see it evolving now but you never know. I like Bulbasaur the way it is, and if it do change it's mind to evolve then that will also contradict everything about it not wanting to evolve in the OS.
                                    #22   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old 1 Week Ago (10:14 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Quiji.
                                  Love Bites

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Piii View Post
                                    Cyndaquil never shown any signs it wanted to evolve either and it did evolved in Sinnoh, which contradict everything about it not evolving in the OS.
                                    That's not really a contradiction since many of the Pokemon that have previously evolved in the main cast didn't show any particular interest in evolving beforehand; they simply evolved when the chance presented itself. Yet I can't think of a single instance where a Pokemon in the main cast was against evolving, and then evolved anyway. Again, apples and oranges.
                                      #23   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old 1 Week Ago (1:59 PM).

Nature: Docile
                                      Quote:
                                      That's not really a contradiction since many of the Pokemon that have previously evolved in the main cast didn't show any particular interest in evolving beforehand; they simply evolved when the chance presented itself. Yet I can't think of a single instance where a Pokemon in the main cast was against evolving, and then evolved anyway. Again, apples and oranges.
                                      Yeah. There's never been an instance in the anime where a Pokemon was against evolving and evolved anyways. There's also no one else on the current main cast who has a Bulbasaur of their own so I see no reason for Bulbasaur to evolve.
                                        #24   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old 1 Week Ago (12:54 AM).

Quote:
                                        Well the only Pokemon i know other then Bulbasaur that didn't want to evolve was Pikachu, and that made sense since Pikachu wanted to proved to it's self how strong it is without having to evolve.

Bulbasaur is strong and powerful the way he is, so i just don't see it evolving at all unless one of the SM main cast has the same Pokemon.

Quick Reply