Fan Fiction and Writing Have a story you want to share? Or in the mood to sit back and read one, instead? Then come hang out here!

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:49 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Turtwig_.
Turtwig Lover, Avid Writer

Nature: Naughty

Pokemon Conquest: Prince's Redemption

Ryuu is the privileged Riolu prince of Pugilis, the Fighting-type domain of Ransei. He grew up as royalty in the strongest kingdom of the region and knew only of the splendors of fame and fortune. Once Pugilis’ powerful reign comes to a cruel and abrupt end, he must rise from rock bottom with the help of an unlikely band of social rejects.

Hello everyone, welcome to Pokemon Conquest: Prince’s Redemption! This is a story I've sat on for several years, and I'm very excited to share it with PokeCommunity! This first part is going to be a long one, but bear with me. I promise it'll be worth it!

Table of Contents

1. Prince of Pugilis, Part One

Have you played Pokemon Conquest before? If not, here is some background information on the region/lore:

The Ransei region features 17 (now 18 to retcon fairy-types) kingdoms. In the original video game, warlords were spread among these kingdoms based on the type of Pokemon they specialized in. In this iteration, I am getting rid of all the trainers and having it run by Pokemon government systems--think like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Pugilis, which I mentioned in the blurb, is the Fighting-type Kingdom and origin of the main character. Some other notable kingdoms are Chrysalia (Bug), Ignis (Fire), Aurora (Normal), Fontaine (Water), Greenleaf (Grass). I’ll refer to these as their types’ kingdoms throughout, so don’t fret if it’s confusing. I’ll keep the map available and probably update the locations as they change throughout the story.

The Ransei region has its own set of special Pokemon abilities that I may or may not include based on their interest; for example, “Parry” lets the Pokemon dodge moves easier. Furthermore, I’ll probably appropriate different abilities to have more in-game effects. Think “Illuminate” actually having an effect.

Here's a map of the Ransei region:

This story will explore the southwestern region of the Ransei map and impact the protagonists as their story arcs intertwine through the political climate. I’ll be making specific references to building types, landmarks, and geography as necessary from the Conquest lore!
      #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:53 PM).

Here's the first chapter!

#3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:44 PM).
      Not Frankie Muniz

Nature: Gentle
      It's no secret that Pokemon typing happens to be one of my favorite aspects of the game, so I absolutely love how you've made kingdoms out of all the different types, and giving the dual-types some sort of stigma in the kingdom they reside in (Volcarona, despite being an Ignis Lord being quickly accepted by Chrysalia due to her bug typing), so your story intrigued me from the beginning. I do also like the "elemental trio" (fire-water-grass) that works as a threat as well because of the acknowledgement of how powerful they are together.

I like the Heracross being the proprietary service crew, it seems they would collectively all know a few important secrets among themselves. Perhaps there's more to them than just being servants.

I also like this Prince (now king?) Scyther character, I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.

She says "𝓨𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓶𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝔀𝓸𝓸𝓭."
      ᴼʰ ʰᵒⁿᵉʸ, ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ sʜᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ.
      𝒮𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀𝓈 𝒾𝓉'𝓈 𝓈𝑒𝓍𝓎 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑜𝓎𝓈 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓉𝒶𝓁𝓀 𝓈𝑜 𝓂𝓊𝒸𝒽.
      Come over, and wreck my ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ

𝓟𝓪𝓲𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓛𝓲𝓶𝓮𝔂-𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷❤

#4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:55 PM).

Thanks for the response! It's taken me many drafts to get the politics of everything settled together. Typing is definitely very interesting for me too, and I'm looking forward to delving into type hierarchies and prejudice (such as Bug-types being regarded as the weakest) some. I think Dual-types also add interesting dimensions to that mix. Not related, but on the topic of prejudices, I'd like to imagine there's some unfair advantages of bipedal Pokemon over quadruped. I'll probably save that for some other time, but there are a lot of different avenues to explore when personifying Pokemon. I'm excited to write the next chapters and hope you continue to enjoy :P
          #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 1 Week Ago (3:36 PM).

Sorry for the delay, this chapter ended up being pretty long. Out of the exposition zone, though, so I can finally start the journey!

Quick Reply