• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen July Coro-Coro: 5 New Pokemon + Xerneas & Yveltal typings + Oorotto

Years
The pictures of Aurotto/Orotto from the spectators of the trailer from pokebeach, admittedly, not artists, were much more emphatic about the legs that in the serebii image, which was done by an artists that did not attend the event, and describe it as "spider-like". Now, where have we seen a large spiderweb amid large trees? I am postulating that this is an insectoid pokemon, that could evolve from a stick insect, evolving into a tree-spider/insectoid which would definitely be a clever play on the biology.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Am I the only one who thinks Orotto might be the first grass/ghost type? I mean, in all of the pictures drawn of it it has a rather creepy, ghost-like face; in fact, it's rather reminiscent of Haunter's face if I do say so myself. I'm not sure about this and it's only my 2 cents, and probably because ghost and grass types are my two currently favorite types.. but... does anyone else see this as a possibility?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Am I the only one who thinks Orotto might be the first grass/ghost type? I mean, in all of the pictures drawn of it it has a rather creepy, ghost-like face; in fact, it's rather reminiscent of Haunter's face if I do say so myself. I'm not sure about this and it's only my 2 cents, and probably because ghost and grass types are my two currently favorite types.. but... does anyone else see this as a possibility?
I agree, it certainly looks like it can be Ghost. It looks like a tree from some kind of haunted forest...and reminds me of a Digimon too, literary, there's one similar to that sketch...

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
I agree, it certainly looks like it can be Ghost. It looks like a tree from some kind of haunted forest...and reminds me of a Digimon too, literary, there's one similar to that sketch...
I think that GF will introduce many new/uncommon type combinations in X&Y. Just look at the Pokémon that we already know (assuming that the starter types will be the speculated ones):
- Chespin evo: Grass/Dark (only Nuzleaf, Shiftry and Cacturne)
- Fennekin evo: Fire/Psychic (only Victini and Darmanitan Zen Mode)
- Froakie evo: Water/Fighting (only Poliwrath and Keldeo)
- Helioptile: Electric/Normal (new)
- Talonflame: Fire/Flying (only Charizard, Moltres and Ho-oh)
- Pangoro: Dark/Fighting (only Scraggy line)
- Skrelp: Water/Poison (only Tentacool line and Quilfish)
- Litleo: Fire/Normal (new)
- Honedge: Ghost/Steel (new)
- Inkay/Malamar: Dark/Psychic (new)

So I can definetely this one becoming a Grass/Ghost type. As for the Digimon, you're thinking about Cherrymon.
Spoiler:

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Definitely seeing a great amount of new and uncommon type combinations, so a Ghost/Grass combo would totally be doable, and I love the idea (really hoping we see a Ghost/Fairy though, love the sound of that.)

Years
Another spectator sketch:

1373682522924.png

It looks like a spider, the spectator even drew what looks like multiple eyes and spider-webbed appendages. I could see this as a bug/dark spider pokemon that blends into it's surroundings. Also, hoping for a haunted forest! My second guess would be a bug/ghost. Though, it would not be a unique typing. Though it would be the first non-gimmick bug-ghost.

I see the Cherrymon references in other artwork, but I really don't think it's going to turnout to be a mere tree, but rather a imitation pokemon, like sudowoodo, except way better!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
To be honest, I'd much rather see Grass/Rock, since only Cradily has that typing iirc.

I agree, that and if Fennekin is Psychic, I don't see them adding Dark due to immunity. Chespin has had a little bit more support with Rock I think than it does with Dark.

I am surprised that they are making so many new Unique combinations and reusing other unique combinations.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
When I first saw this tree pokemon, I thought of Sudowoodo and it having an Evo form, but it looks a bit to "evil" to be an evo form of it. It is hard to say since we do not have any 100% accurate picture of it. I'm am almost certain that it will have a dark type. Maybe Dark/Rock. Sudowoodo was just a Rock Type and it was a tree, so I think it is ok to keep grass out of it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
You guys really don't see it having grass in it at all? I don't know, I mean it's a tree. But grass types and ghost types are two favorites so maybe that's why I'm hoping so hard for it. I honestly though wouldn't really like for it to have rock, that seems a bit boring but that's just my opinion! With the new sketch, bug definitely seems like a new typing. But I'm sitting back and keeping my fingers crossed for grass!

EDIT: And another +1 for the haunted forest idea! Eterna Forest is kind of a haunted forest given the old chateau, but it's not really that much of an authentic haunted forest, so if there was one I think it'd be a fantastic addition and really interesting area to explore in the Kalos region.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I'm obsessed with all of these Pokemon. I can't help but pray that they're all competitively viable. They all look amazing. Swirlix and Malamar are definitely my faves overall this generation so far.

Sir Codin

If you want something Ghost/Grass - like, something like this guy might fit the bill:
3865214380190773322.jpg

Sort of a lich forest spirit...thing.

On another note, Pangoro is one of THE most badass things I've seen for this generation. I want that thing on my team.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
If you want something Ghost/Grass - like, something like this guy might fit the bill:

Sort of a lich forest spirit...thing.

On another note, Pangoro is one of THE most badass things I've seen for this generation. I want that thing on my team.
That wouldn't be too bad either. I guess I'm just hoping for at least one ghost/grass typing as it's one not yet created. This Orotto guy though, I'm really curious of what he'll turn into. So many different possible typings thrown out there. However I still think grass will be in there somewhere. I think it's a nice time for them to make an ACTUAL NON-PSEUDO tree for once.

Years
Is it possible that GF has been listening intently to the desires of the fans all this time who wanted completely new typings? I remember this happening back in Gen V, where the desire was quite strong to have a pure flying-type, and now we have Tornadus not long afterwards. I'm really starting to believe that if enough fans desire something in particular and voice their opinions loud enough that it'll reach the ears of GF, though I could be wrong and this could just be coincidence.

Yeah I'm surprised at all these new type combinations, Psychic and Dark were types I thought would never go well together but yeah now it really exists. Sorta like how I thought Bug and Fire would never become a type combination but then along came Volcarona. I wonder if Game Freak listens to fans more and eventually bring out more useful but long-awaited type combinations.

And yeah now Orotto is confirmed, it's appearance wasn't what I was expecting, but I'm hoping this thing might be either a Grass/Dark or Grass/Ghost. At least we finally have a tree other than the pseudo-trees Sudowoodo and Bonsly.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Is it possible that GF has been listening intently to the desires of the fans all this time who wanted completely new typings? I remember this happening back in Gen V, where the desire was quite strong to have a pure flying-type, and now we have Tornadus not long afterwards. I'm really starting to believe that if enough fans desire something in particular and voice their opinions loud enough that it'll reach the ears of GF, though I could be wrong and this could just be coincidence.

Gen 4 added 20 new pokemon that were evolutions of classsic pokemon.

Gen 5 did the oppisite by disconnecting from all old pokemon

Gen 6 is expirimenting with brand-new Type-Combinations.

This was probably a very early decision in the design process.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm guessing Wispy Woods' evil cousin, a.k.a. Orotto, would be Grass/Fairy rather than Grass/Ghost, depending if its dex entry has something to do with shadows, souls or spirits.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
It would be a little safe to make them both Fairy type, I'm just happy that one of them was able to become a Fairy Pokémon.

I know that they couldn't both make them just Fairy, but I thought maybe they would have made them Fairy combinations. Like Yveltal could have been Fairy/Flying and Xerneas could have been Fairy/Grass or something. I am just not impressed with Yveltal being Dark/Flying. I mean, I like Dark types, but it just doesn't look like a Dark type to me.

Back