• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The AI-fic

Years
Intro
I used the site AI Dungeon to generate a Pokemon AI fanfic/story! My goal is to follow the original story of Pokemon Emerald as much as possible, while still letting the AI get creative with it.
AI Dungeon is kind of like an enhanced choose-your-own-adventure book. You can do pretty much whatever you want in it, and the AI is surprisingly good at managing information and keeping the story on track! The AI also has a large database of info on how Pokemon works, and all of the characters, locations, and Pokemon from Hoenn, created by one of the site's users.
The blue text is stuff I wrote to help the AI generate its story. I also removed or changed the odd thing here or there so that it made more sense, but those changes are very rare. You can find the original, unchanged story here.

Chapter Guide

Chapter 1: The Journey Begins

You are Brendan, a boy living in Littleroot Town. You're out for a morning stroll, when suddenly you hear a scream. Concerned, you walk to investigate, and discover your local Pokemon professor, Professor Birch, being attacked by a wild pack of Poochyena! "Brendan, quick! Take that Pokeball on the ground! Please, help me!" Professor Birch pleads. Filled with the courage of a hero, you grab the Pokeball and send out the Pokemon inside, which turns out to be a Mudkip. A few of the Poochyena flee from the sight of you and your new Mudkip, but one stays behind, and charges at you. A wild, savage beast that isn't afraid to fight.
You say "Mudkip, use Tackle!"
Your Mudkip jumps up and charges at the fleeing Pokemon with a Tackle, sending it flying to the ground.
Professor Birch smiles in relief.
You say "Are you ok?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks, Brendan."
You say "Do you know where May is?"
"She's in her house, I think."
"Thanks." You continue on your way to her home.
You knock on her door.
"Who is it?" May says.
"Me, Brendan."
"Oh, hi, Brendan," she says. "Come in."
You come inside the house.
May is sitting on her bed, reading a book. She looks up at you and blushes.
"Hey, May."
"Hi, Brendan."
You stand there awkwardly, before she speaks again. "So, are you going to tell me your thoughts on Pokemon?"
You say "I love Pokemon! Pokemon are cool."
"I love Pokemon too!" May beams. "Cool!" The two of you spend the rest of the day catching up.
You say "I'm going on a Pokemon journey. Do you want to come with me?"
"Yes! Of course I do! I've wanted to go on a journey with you forever!"
"Great!" "So, we're going to—?"
You say "First we have to get to Petalburg City and talk to my dad, Norman. He will tell us what to do next."
"We sure do! Come on, let's go!" The two of you get up and leave May's room. You walk through the house, through the kitchen, and head to the front door.
You say "Let's go to Oldale Town. We can buy Pokeballs and Potions there."
"Okay!" You leave the house, heading towards Oldale Town. May follows you, excited to see where you're taking her. Oldale Town is a quiet town, as it's just the market town for the surrounding area.
You go to the Pokemart.
You and May walk into the Pokemart, a store where you can buy various potions, drugs, and other fun things for Pokemon. "I'm going to get some Potions!" you say.
You say "Do you want anything?"
"I'm good, thanks."
"Okay."
The two of you walk around the Pokemart, heading towards the counter. An old man with a thick grey beard is standing nearby.
You say "We'd like to buy some Potions, please."
"Certainly. How many would you like to buy?"
"Four of them, please."
"Very well. Come to the counter. It's this way."
The two of you continue through the aisles, until you see the cashier. "Here you are," the cashier says, handing you four bottles.
You say "Thank you."
You walk out of the cashier's sight. "So, how do you feel?" you say.
"I'm ready to go, I think. I'm ready to catch some Pokemon!"
You say "Let's go to Route 102. We can catch Pokemon there!"
"Great! Let's go!"
You and May walk out of the Pokemart, heading towards Route 102.
"We're going to catch 'em all! And then—"
"Brendan! Look out!" You turn around just in time to see a blinding light. There's a loud noise, like thunder, but louder, and you feel like you're being torn apart. Then everything is black.

Last edited:
Years
Chapter 2: Supercharged

You wake up.
Your head burns, and you can barely move your limbs, let alone walk. You hear voices in the distance, but you can't make out the words.
You say "What's going on?"
You try to talk, but the only sound that comes out is a horrible croaking noise. "I think he's waking up," one of the voices says. "Are you alright, sir?"
You say "Who are you? Where is May?"
"We're with the Pokemon Security Agency. We had to knock you out because your pulse was dangerously high. May is over there."
You say "What happened?"
"You were hit by a lightning bolt. The flash of lightning that hit you caused extreme electrical damage to your brain."
"I'm sorry," one of the voices says,
You say "Am I ok?"
"Unfortunately, no. We put you in stasis and brought you here, but your body needs to recover.
You say "How long until I recover?"
"It's hard to say. A few days, maybe a week."
You say "Is May ok?"
"Yeah. We just need to wait for you to recover."
"Can I see her?"
"Of course. I'll let her know you're awake." You get up to your feet, slowly. It feels like there's cotton filling your head, and you wince with every motion. You walk towards May. She's sitting on the ground, looking at you.
"Hey," you say.
"You're awake!" she says, smiling.
"Yeah."
You say "How are you?"
"I'm fine. How are you?"
"Much better. I'm really glad you woke up."
"Yeah, me too."
You say "So how did we get here?"
May shrugs. "We were walking down the sidewalk. And all of a sudden there was a flash of light and a noise. And then everything was black."
"That's strange," you say.
"What is?"
"Well, you said there was a flash of light and a loud noise. That isn't exactly normal."
May laughs a little. "No, I guess not."
You say "Maybe it was a Pokemon?"
"Possibly. There were some strange noises near the Pokemart before we left."
"Yeah, like what?"
"Well... chirping."
"What do you think it was?"
"I have no idea. But I'm glad we're not there anymore."
"Me too."
"What now?"
"Now, we rest and get you better."
You say "Alright."
The two of you sit against the wall and rest for the rest of the day. You sleep for most of it, but you sit there and chat at times.
"So, how are you feeling?"
You say "Fine, I guess. Still a bit fuzzy. Being hit by lightning will do that to you."
"I guess. But you'll be okay, right?"
"Yeah. I'm sure. I've had some pretty bad injuries before."
"Like what?"
You say "Once I was riding my bike. A wild Pokemon ran in front of me. I swerved out the way, right into a tree!"
"Ouch! You lived, then?"
"Of course. I was just unlucky. But yeah, I was fine."
You rest a few more days until your injuries have healed. Finally, after a week, you're good to go.
"Alright," May says. "Time to go back."
You ask the PSA guy how to get home.
The PSA guy smiles. He seems to be proud of his job. "We'll find a way for you to get home."
"Great."
"Now, let's get you out of here." He walks over to a set of double doors. He swipes his card and enters a code. The doors open and the three of you walk out. "After you," the PSA guy says.
You say "Thank you."
You walk out of the room and into a short hallway. At the end of the hallway, a glass wall reveals what looks like a giant room full of monitors and keyboards.
You say "That looks interesting."
May and the PSA guy say nothing in response to this observation. You walk past the glass wall and into another door. The three of you walk through the door and into a large, well-lit room. There are a few men and women working at computers, monitoring screens, and generally looking like they were quite busy.
"Excuse me, is one of you Brendan?" one of the women asks.
"Yeah." You say.
"I'm Doctor Kravmik. I'm one of the doctors here. I'd like to talk to you about your condition."
You say "I've heard stories of people being charged with mega energy through electric blasts. Is that what you mean?"
"That's exactly what I mean! If you'd like, we can run some tests and examine the data. I think I can tell you a lot about what happened."
You say "I'd be interested. As long as we can leave after this."
"Certainly. We should begin shortly. Let us go to the testing room." You're led down a hallway and into a room with a large, round table. There are a few computers on the table, hooked up to wires and testing equipment. "We should have everything you need. Please, sit." You do as you're told.
"Now, where do you remember being struck by lightning?"
"On the side of my head."
"Can you show me?" You stand up and slowly look at your hairline. There, you see a small, red scar. "Hmm," Doctor Kravmik says. "Let me take a look at the data."
You say "What's it say, doc?"
The doctor consults a clipboard and looks at the screen. "Hmm. The mega energy levels in your body are very high. Likely due to the lightning strike."
You say "So what does that mean for me?"
"You'll recover. In time. The mega energy is something you'll have to learn to control. You've got a great future before you." You sigh in relief.
"Alright then. I guess this is done for now. I'll let this guy over here get you home."
"Thanks." You walk out of the room. You give the PSA guy a nod and say "Thanks."
"No problem," he says. "Now, let's get you home."

Last edited:
Years
Chapter 3: A Summer Bike Ride

The PSA guy takes you and May out of their base, which is on a remote island in Hoenn. He takes you back to Oldale Town, where you meet up with Professor Birch and explain what happened.
"I'm glad to hear that you're alright."
"Yeah, well, I still wish I knew how or why I got mega charged."
"Perhaps we'll find out soon. I heard the doctor say there's a lot of data to analyze. Let's go home. I'm sure your parents are worried about you."
"Yeah, let's go." The next day, you are up and ready to go out on your journey again.
You go to see May again.
The next day, you and May meet up again at the local Pokemon Center. "So, how's your head?" she asks.
You say "Doing fine, I think. Still hurts a tiny bit."
"Good. I'm glad." May gives you a huge hug. "So, what are we going to do next?"
You say "As long as you're fine with it, meet up with my dad in Petalburg City. He might know more about this mega energy, too."
"Sure. I'm in. We can head over there now."
"I'm ready."
You say "We have to make sure not to get hit by lightning again, though. I'm not sure what happened, but who knows if I would survive a second time."
"Yeah, we'll be extra careful. But you're alive, and that's the main thing."
You nod in agreement.
The two of you ride your bikes to Petalburg City. May rides ahead of you. You follow her along the dirt path, your hands resting on the handlebars of your bike. A warm summer wind blows through your hair, and the sun is bright overhead.
"Hey, Brendan." You turn your head towards May. "If you're still worried about the lightning, maybe we can protect ourselves."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, we know you can't block it like you can a bullet. And it seems like a direct hit would be pretty dangerous. So... I was thinking that maybe we should wear these."
You say "Are those clothes?"
"Yup! They're what you call 'protective clothing'. This kind of stuff is being developed by the Devon Corporation. They're supposed to work really well."
You and May put on the clothes.
The protective clothing is a bright purple spandex. It feels rather odd, but not uncomfortable. A light but noticeable shimmer is noticeable whenever you move. "Alright," she says. "How do I look?"
You say "Great!"
May smiles. "I think so, too!"
"Alright," she says. "Let's ride!" You and May ride your bikes at breakneck speed down the path. You're laughing and talking, and then May suddenly screams as you round a sharp corner.
"Watch out!" May crashes straight into a plump man in his mid-fifties. He's carrying a long stick, and he swears and nearly drops it. "Sorry!" May cries. The man swears again and threatens to beat May with his stick.
You say "We're... sorry about that, sir."
"I don't care how sorry you are. Don't do that again, understand?" the man says, swiping a long, graying whisker from his eyes.
You whisper to May, "Let's book it before he comes after us."
"Yeah, let's get out of here!" May says. You and May ride as fast as your legs will take you. After another few days of riding across dirt paths and grassy fields, you finally make it to Petalburg City.
"There it is! The beautiful city of Petalburg!" May says, beaming.
"Yeah, let's get to my Dad's place!" You say.
"You know where he works, right?"
You say "He's none other than the Gym Leader of Petalburg City!"
The two of you ride your bikes towards the gym. When you arrive, you knock on the door. After a few moments, a burly man with a buzz cut in his thirties opens the door.
You say "Hey, dad!"
"Brendan? Is that you?" the man says. He squints at you, tilting his head to the side. "You two alright?" he asks, opening the door wider.
"Yeah, we're fine," you say, getting off of your bike. "Dad, this is May. May, this is my dad, Norman."
"Nice to meet you, sir," May says, flipping her hair over her shoulder.
"You too," Norman says, smiling. "Come on in, you two."

Last edited:
Years
Chapter 4: Petalburg City

You enter the Petalburg Gym.
The inside of the gym is dimly lit with several lamps and light fixtures. There's a counter along the right side of the room, with several doors opening into different rooms to the left of the counter. One of the doors, near the corner of the room, is open.
"Go on through here. The rooms are all empty at the moment, so you'll be fine."
You and May walk through the door and into the room. There's a carpet on the floor and two large couches in the room, one on each side. "This is the matchroom," Norman says. "Normally we use it for gym battles, but we're taking a day off."
You sit in one of the couches.
You and May sit on the couches, watching as Norman walks over to one of the light fixtures and flips a switch. A few light bulbs flip on, illuminating the room.
"Alright," Norman says. "Brendan, I want you to meet my old friend, Gary."
The light illuminates a figure standing beside one of the couches. Gary is a tall, slender man. He has long blond hair and wears a black suit with a red tie.
"Pleasure to meet you," Gary says.
"Pleasure to meet you too." You explain everything that happened to Norman and Gary; the lightning strike, mega energy, and all the rest. Gary doesn't say a whole lot during the whole thing, but his eyebrows rise a few times.
"I see."
"So, what do you think?" You ask.
"I think you two have some decisions to make," Gary says.
"Yeah," you say. "What do you want us to do?"
"I don't know yet," Gary says. "I'll have to think about that."
"Well, we're here if you need us," Norman says.
"I know."
The three of you shake hands.
"Alright then," Gary says. "Best of luck, Brendan."
You say "Thanks."
"Alright, we'll see you around," you say.
"Yeah, see you around," Gary says.
The three of you exit the room. You and May head back outside.
"So, what's the plan?" May asks.
You say "I'm not sure. What do you want to do?"
"Let's go get a popsicle."
"Okay," you reply.
You walk along the dirt path to a nearby store. There's a machine that dispenses different flavored popsicles. You push a button and a red popsicle comes flying out of nowhere.
"That was weird," May says.
You say "Technology, I guess."
You pop the popsicle into your mouth and give it a long, slow suck. Ahh, the cold, sweet taste of summer.
"So, what do you want to do first?" you ask.
"I don't know," May says, shrugging.
"How about we just explore the town?"
"Okay," May says.
May follows you as you wander through town. You stop at a candy store, then at a clothing store, the Pokemon Center, and various other shops.
"Let's go train your Pokemon," May says.
"Okay," you say.
You go back outside and follow May down the path. When you arrive at the edge of town, you come to a large boulder.
You say "If only I had a Pokemon that can use Rock Smash..."
You take a deep breath, then jump up and grab the edge of the boulder, preparing to pull yourself up and over. Your hands slip, and your whole body is dragged down, slamming into the ground.
"Ow!" you yell.
"Are you alright?" May asks.
You say "That's harder to climb than it looks."
You're right; the boulder is a lot steeper than it seems. It would take you forever to climb this thing.
You say "I know. You can give me a boost!"
"Okay," May says.
You stand behind May, wrapping your arms around her waist. She leans back, lifts you up, and then jumps forward, taking off on a straight trajectory towards the top.
You jump off, onto the rock.
You and May make it to the top of the boulder, then stumble and fall off the other side, onto the grass below. You roll onto your back and laugh.
"I think I broke my spine!" you say.
"It felt like I broke my back!" May responds.
"Come on, I need you to help me walk," you say.
You pretend to hobble like an old man.
"You're so silly!" May says, doing the same thing.
You take off your backpack and groan, then start walking. May does the same, and the two of you shuffle down the path.
You say "Okay, enough of that. Let's go catch some Pokemon!"
"Yeah!" May says, skipping along.
You and May continue down the path. Suddenly, May stops short.
"What?" you ask.
"I think I just saw someone I know!" she says.
You say "Who?"
May doesn't answer; she's too excited. You follow her gaze and see a tall, skinny boy staring right back at you. He has short green hair and wears a white shirt and brown pants.
You say "You know him?"
"Yeah, his name is Wally," May says.
She runs over to Wally and waves hello. "Hey," she says.
"Hey," he says. "So, how are you two doing?"
You and May both shrug.
"Pretty good," May says.
"Very well, thank you," you say.
"Cool," Wally says. "So, what are you two doing?"
"We're looking for some Pokemon," May says.
"Me too!" he says. "What kind?"
"We don't know," you say.
"Me either!" he laughs. "But that's the best part, right?"
You say "Yeah!"
"Come with me," Wally says. "I can help you find some."
"Okay!" May says.
You follow Wally off the trail and into a nearby forest. Although you can't see the sky, you know the sun is out. The air is warm, and you can actually feel its dryness on your skin.
"This is great," May says, looking around. "I love forests. Why do you think people call it the great outdoors, anyway?"
"I don't know, but it's true," Wally says. "You should see it during the fall. The leaves turn a beautiful red. It's really something."
"Yeah, I'm sure," May says.
You continue walking for a few minutes without saying anything.
You say "So, where are the Pokemon?"
"There," Wally says, pointing through the trees.
A large cave opening is visible; it's much bigger than any cave you've ever been in. The inside is darker than the outside, and you can barely see.
"Come on in," Wally says. "You should have brought a light."
You and May step inside the cave. You can't see very well, but you can make out that there are stairs leading deeper into the cave. You begin walking down the stairs, with May following behind you.
"I think I see something," May whispers.
"What?" you ask.
"There's something over here," she says.
You reach a landing on the stairs and turn a corner.
You say "Is it a Pokemon?"
May pulls you along as she runs to the very back of the cave. "I think it is!" she says.
There, sitting on the ground, is a purple Pokemon, just lying on the ground, fast asleep.
"It's so cute!" May squeals.
You take out your Pokedex to identify the Pokemon.
"Rattata, the Mouse Pokemon," the Pokedex says. "Rattata is cautious in the extreme. Even while it is asleep, it constantly listens by moving its ears around. It is not picky about where it lives—it will make its nest anywhere."
You get a pokeball to catch it.
You grab a pokeball, then go over to the little purple rat. You stand on your tip-toes, then push the ball down over Rattata's head.
"C-caught it!" May says.
"That was easy," you say.
"I know! Let's put it in the bag."
You put the bag on your shoulder, then walk back up the stairs.
You say "Did you find anything, Wally?"
"Yeah, I found this," Wally says, sticking something into his pocket.
As May and Wally walk back through the cave, you notice that there are other tunnels off this one. You could wander around the cave for hours, trying them all out for yourself, but that would take forever.
"Wally!" May says, running up to him. "Coming?"
"Yeah," he says, taking a deep breath.
You nod, and May grabs your arm. She leads you through the tunnel, and you follow.

Back