• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga The more painful the memories one recollects, the better the laughter

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Quotes. Some of the hardest lines in media come from anime. Sometimes the things that stick with us from these shows are potent one-liners that left us reeling, and other times it's something deeper and more philosophical than we were expecting to get out of a Pokemon movie. Come on and share with us whatever those famous lines are that have found a place to live in your head rent free.

Years
When I was a kid watching the first pokemon movie a lot of things went over my head but this one quote stuck out with me.
''I see now that the circumstances of one birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with that gift of life that determines who you are.'' - Mewtwo.
Even this hit deep when I didn't really understand anything at the time and that just shows how deep the quote is for a pokemon movie of all things, Idk if they still make the moves with such deep subjects in them.

Years
I have barely wanted any episode of One Piece, but one I remember had Luffy arguing that he's not a hero and gives following example: "For example, let's say you have meat. A pirate has a banquet with the meat. But a hero is a guy, who gives out the meat to everyone else. I want to eat damn meat!" I like how simple it sounds while also having a cool message.

Years
I mean, we've all talked about the Mewtwo quote so I'll skip that.

I actually had to think about this one because specific dialogue rarely sticks with me the same way overarching stories do. But I think

"No matter where you go, everyone is connected" from Serial Experiments Lain is a good one. It is simultaneously a statement that you're never truly alone (for better and for worse) and a reminder that no matter how isolated you think you are, or how above it all, your actions will have far reaching consequences for other people. It's really encapsulates the modern world... which is very impressive since the anime is from the 90s.

"We have to change our way of thinking if we want to change the future" from Shinsekai Yori is also really good. Exactly what it says on the tin, you can't change anything without changing yourself. If you want to make a better future, you have to change the way you act in the present. It's true at both the personal and societal levels.

"You found me" from Anohana. Look, there's no deep or poignant reasoning behind this one. It hits only in the context of the show. If you know, you know.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Something that's always stuck with me is the final quote in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although...if you can endure that pain and walk from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made of Fullmetal." by Edward Elric. This quote reminds me that whatever goal I set will require some degree of sacrifice, whether it's my time, energy, money, or sanity. It is through one's dedication to a goal, despite all obstacles, that makes obtaining the goal truly rewarding.

Assassination Classroom was full of thought-provoking lessons by Koro-sensei. The one I remember the most is "The difference between the novice and the master is that the master has failed more times than the novice has tried" part of this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlailQgbSs0

Back