• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Shiny PID Reroller(Changing shiny odds)[Fire Red, Emerald]

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
Introduction
This hack allows you to change the shiny odds in Fire Red by making the game try a number of extra times to find a shiny Pokemon when an encounter occurs.
It functions in essentially the same way as the Shiny Charm and things like the Masuda method do in later generation Pokemon titles.
The Shiny Pokemon generated by this hack are shiny by the standard definition of shinyness and will be shiny when carried over to other games.

This hack obsoletes my earlier hack known as the ShinyCC tool.

Downloads
You can download the v1.4 archive with the patch here.

Changelog

v1.4
Fixed issue where stationary encounters in Fire Red had fixed PIDs

v1.3
Fixed issue where unrelated trainer flags being changed could break the intended functionality in both versions
Added playing the legendary encounter theme for Fire Red when encoutering a shiny(Can be disabled, see Instructions)

v1.2
Added Emerald support.

v1.1
Fixed support for stationary encounters.

Please refer to readme.txt for installation guidelines, including how to change the number of extra rolls that will be performed.
Also included in the archive is the source code for the bootstrap as well the PID rerolling itself. I was a bit rusty while making this hack so the code is likely not entirely up to par, still, feel free to use it in any of your projects.

Notes
The included 1024.ips files for each version have 1024 rerolls, which I found to give a nice shiny rate for a randomized playthrough.

Due to Emerald's RNG seeding from the same point after each reset you can't reset for a shiny there easily.
Encountering more Pokemon will advance the RNG further to allow shinies to be found.
To reset for a shiny starter you likely need to restart the game entirely to get a different TID and SID.

Known issues
Pokemon originating from hacks that implement this method will be flagged as illegal by tools such as PkHex.

If you encounter any other issues please let me know.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 19, 2019
Hi Im not sure if you are able to do this but Do you think you can make this compatible for gen 7?

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Dear TSK in my opinion and feelings your other hack worked better and was a lot easier to use if I could get that same experience I would be happy the shiny PID roller in all honesty has no use to me as I don't know how to use it

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
TSK by any chance do you have the offset for Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire for the shininess

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 17, 2021
Hey TSK, so with the 1024 rolls, the odds for finding a shiny should be about 1/8 right? I'm not finding this result after I patch the game.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Hello TSK,

I'm finding the same issue as viktini.

I patched the hack for Emerald but now I find shiny pokemons everytime.

I was looking for better chances but not in a way that I always get a shiny pokemon.

Could you help please?

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
Hello TSK,

I'm finding the same issue as viktini.

I patched the hack for Emerald but now I find shiny pokemons everytime.

I was looking for better chances but not in a way that I always get a shiny pokemon.

Could you help please?

Could you pass me a copy of your save file? Also, what did you set the reroll count to?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 17, 2021
I've actually got the opposite problem. My shiny odds seem to be unchanged even when I use the 1024 reroll

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 22, 2021
Hello TSK ! I tried your patch on a French Fire Red (as I am French myself) and when comes the moment to chose your starter, it crashes when you pick one. I wanted to know if it was due to the fact that your patch isn't compatible with other rom than english ones or if I did something wrong. Thanks !
(btw. sorry if I did some grammar mistakes)

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
Hello TSK ! I tried your patch on a French Fire Red (as I am French myself) and when comes the moment to chose your starter, it crashes when you pick one. I wanted to know if it was due to the fact that your patch isn't compatible with other rom than english ones or if I did something wrong. Thanks !
(btw. sorry if I did some grammar mistakes)

The patch will only work with the English version I'm afraid.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 22, 2021
The patch will only work with the English version I'm afraid.

Well I figured that much by trying with an english version ... Sad but I'll deal with it 😅

Still, by trying with an english version, I have the same issue as viktini. Either with the 1024 patch or by setting myself the rate to FFFF, the shiny odds seems unchanged. No shiny seen in more than 100 encounters. I don't know if it works in Emerald but the patch doesn't seem to work on Fire Red :/

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
Well I figured that much by trying with an english version ... Sad but I'll deal with it 😅

Still, by trying with an english version, I have the same issue as viktini. Either with the 1024 patch or by setting myself the rate to FFFF, the shiny odds seems unchanged. No shiny seen in more than 100 encounters. I don't know if it works in Emerald but the patch doesn't seem to work on Fire Red :/

One thing I can think of is a different Base ROM version, I double checked and it seems I based off a v1.0 Fire Red ROM.
It's likely the issue is that the both of you are patching a v1.1 ROM and that the offsets for the relevant stuff don't align. It's pure luck it doesn't happen to crash after the patch in that case.

EDIT: I ran a quick test and I can confirm this patch is not compatible with v1.1 Fire Red ROMs.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 22, 2021
One thing I can think of is a different Base ROM version, I double checked and it seems I based off a v1.0 Fire Red ROM.
It's likely the issue is that the both of you are patching a v1.1 ROM and that the offsets for the relevant stuff don't align. It's pure luck it doesn't happen to crash after the patch in that case.

EDIT: I ran a quick test and I can confirm this patch is not compatible with v1.1 Fire Red ROMs.

I tried with a v1.0 FR and it works ! You were right, the v1.1 isn't compatible with the patch. Thank you very much for your help !

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 16, 2020
Hello, before I try your patch, do you know If these Pokémon are allowed in Pokémon Bank? I'm planning to get some shinies and transfer them up.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 20, 2020
Hi! I know this is really late, but I have no idea how to use a hex editor and I was wondering if you would be able to quickly make a file for me? If you have a place you are accepting $ tips I could drop something there! But the 1000 re-roll is a little too common for my liking. I was wondering if you could change the rate to a 1/100 chance of seeing a shiny so I can still enjoy a tad bit of the hunt.

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
Hello, before I try your patch, do you know If these Pokémon are allowed in Pokémon Bank? I'm planning to get some shinies and transfer them up.

Sorry for the late reply.
I haven't tested this myself but they should be transferable as Game Freaks hack checks are not that in depth.

Back