• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Coding Tutorial] Integrating ~PokeRide~ pb(mount) w/ Party Screen Menu (Essentials v18.1) ~~ [Recent: Added Shiny | Form | Array Container]

JulyArt

New Developer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2021
~Change log~ conditionings for Shiny, Forms, integrated a new Array and self adding module simplicity. You've got to re-read most code sections likely to implement changes. (I was unable to figure out how to exit PauseMenu entirely again. Welp, tried. I think I saw the code somewhere, but I can't remember, or I'm implementing it incorrectly, etc. QOL have to wait until someone who's more familiar share that part.)

~This to do next~ Add def for entering and exiting house mount/demount.
Spoiler:

This 'integration' is very basic and is split into two parts how to place it into Party Screen (e.g. Summary / Switch / Item / etc), and example place where we can code 'Dismount'.
There are 'many ways' to accomplish the following, this is just one way.

#Part 1 ~Setup~ i.e. Adding an Array to keep mounts in.
Spoiler:

#Part 2 ~Activation pbMount()~ In this particular example, I'll be adding it to the 'Party Screen'. You can rename 'Saddle' with whatever text identifier you'd like. "Ride/Mount" etc.
Spoiler:

#Part3 ~It's time to Dismount~
Spoiler:

I didn't test these new codes, you guys will have to do the debugging for us. I'm getting more confident in the amount of mistakes that are typed though, so it should pretty smooth sailing. (100x error message laters) haha

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Thanks to StCooler for answering basic questions and quickly using fresh eyes to identify why my edits weren't working as intended.

This 'integration' is very basic and is split into two parts, activating pb(mount) and how to place it into Party Screen (e.g. Summary / Switch / Item / etc)
There are 'many ways' to accomplish the following, this is just the simplest method I'm currently using as I'm too lazy to read and integrate others.

#Part 1 ~Activation~ i.e. How the code will covert pkmn.species for PokeRide pbMount() to read. (Posting this so others can utilize this to their own dev.)
Spoiler:

#Part 2 ~Adding it somewhere~ In this particular example, I'll be adding it to the 'Party Screen'. You can rename 'Saddle' with whatever text identifier you'd like. "Ride/Mount" etc.
Spoiler:

That's it. It works cleanly in my build, something I would really like to add but didn't have time is for ~Changes#3 to ALSO exit out of the 'Pause Menu', I've tried a few things but couldn't get that to work. I only got it to exit the Party Screen.

Integrating PKMN Forms
Spoiler:

Edit#2 At this point, these edits are rudimentary. e.g. It doesn't offer the fluency to allow players to just 'mount' naturally. e.g.g. If Garados uses "Surf" , then mount Garados. i.e. Can't mount Tauros while on water. etc etc.

I'll update to include my own '.edits' regarding when I do that part. Many others have already done that of course, of which I'll read over and see how Essentials determine if player's on water or not, and only allowing PKMN whom may learn 'Surf' to be mount while on water.

A 'cry' SE from said PKMN upon mount would also add some emergence.

Hey it worked perfectly! But how do you get the character off the mount? I can mount, but I can't get out of the mount ... How to add something that will make it go down in the menu / party?

JulyArt

New Developer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2021
The basic dismount is done, others may refine by allowing us to exit out of the Pause Menu all the way. (I still can't figure that out, share code if you guys have it)

How to add dismount indeed. The code from PokeRide is
Code:
pbDismount
I'll think over the logic and write a small addition edit later today. Likely, I'll add an example to add it to the Pause Menu which shows up if players is mounted. (This I feel like is the simplest solution for most, then dev. can play with other solution atop if they'd like to upgrade) Player is mounted is determined by variable X which will be place upon the mount code.

Option #2 would be to establish a new hotkey which will dismount wherever the player is whether they are mounting something or not. At the same time, I might as well add conditions like e.g. player can't dismount while surfing.

Similar to how "follow PKMN" have a hotkey which toggles Following PKMN.
So there's two primary edit, one is to add "is player on mount? variable and set it to true upon mounting" and adding that conditioning to if Demount will show up or not.

With the current edit, I think there's enough information regarding how to add a command to Essentials base menu. I encourage you guys to try to replicate, although of course, community will do its thing as well so if you guys can't get it to work, come back to forum after some time.

rest are irreleveant info regarding PokeRide within my own projects. e.g. wow the community have sprited a lot of rides so far.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Spoiler:

Your script is incredible, I saw that it works very well!
But I have some very important questions for everyone.
Regarding the alternative forms of Pokémon, I find myself unable to access through the MENU / PARTY ...
You left only one command for the player to use if you have an alternative way:
pbMount Kernel.const_get ("DEX" << pkmn.species.to_s << "_" << pkmn.form.to_s)

I tried to replace the line:

saddle = "DEX" << pkmn.species.to_s
into
saddle = "DEX" << pkmn.species.to_s << "_" << pkmn.form.to_s

However, when using the mount that the Pokémon does not have a shape, it causes an error:
Spoiler:

Because I do not have the shape of this Pokémon configured, but I have several others with graphics and everything complete.

I would like to use the mount in Pokémon with multiple forms through the Menu / Party that you created, could you give a solution for that?

And another EXTREMELY important detail! A support for Shinys Pokémon too, I also designed graphics for mounting on normal Pokémon and Shinys, I hope you can develop the script to be really professional and wonderful, more than it already is.

Thanks for listening

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 28, 2023
~Change log~ if "NEW" in bold is by previous parts, there are edits to be made.
Spoiler:

~Things that'd be nice, but I can't figure out~
Spoiler:

~Things I'll add eventually~
Spoiler:

This 'integration' is very basic and is split into three parts, activating pb(mount), how to place it into Party Screen (e.g. Summary / Switch / Item / etc), and finally an example place where we can code 'Dismount'.
There are 'many ways' to accomplish the following, this is just the simplest method I'm currently using as I'm too lazy to read and integrate others.

#Part 1 ~Activation~ i.e. How the code will covert pkmn.species for PokeRide pbMount() to read. (Posting this so others can utilize this to their own dev.)
Spoiler:

#Part 2 ~Adding it somewhere~ In this particular example, I'll be adding it to the 'Party Screen'. You can rename 'Saddle' with whatever text identifier you'd like. "Ride/Mount" etc.
Spoiler:

#Part3 ~It's time to Dismount~
Spoiler:

Good job, good job, Hopefully it all works. And in addition, I think you guys get a little sense of how to edit the menu, and how these basic codes talk to one another. I'm newer to Ruby as well, and it was fun.

Integrating PKMN Forms
Spoiler:

Edit#2 At this point, these edits are rudimentary. e.g. It doesn't offer the fluency to allow players to just 'mount' naturally. e.g.g. If Garados uses "Surf" , then mount Garados. i.e. Can't mount Tauros while on water. etc etc.

I'll update to include my own '.edits' regarding when I do that part. Many others have already done that of course, of which I'll read over and see how Essentials determine if player's on water or not, and only allowing PKMN whom may learn 'Surf' to be mount while on water.

A 'cry' SE from said PKMN upon mount would also add some emergence.

Hi July It's Very Cool If Someone want to have a option to make Pokemon mount. Can you make for following Pokemon. If select option It will follow then unfollow option come. If you done thanks.

JulyArt

New Developer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2021
Because I do not have the shape of this Pokémon configured, but I have several others with graphics and everything complete.

I would like to use the mount in Pokémon with multiple forms through the Menu / Party that you created, could you give a solution for that?

And another EXTREMELY important detail! A support for Shinys Pokémon too, I also designed graphics for mounting on normal Pokémon and Shinys, I hope you can develop the script to be really professional and wonderful, more than it already is.

Thanks for listening
I'll mike some small tweak to accompanied what you desire since they are very small tweak. Your module needs to be named DEX78_0 is the thing, it's trying to search for module DEX78_0 instead of DEX78. It's all naming convention.
However, if you're patience, I'll make the tweaks later today as I just woke up and I have the codes dancing in my head to how it'd be easier to manage. e.g. no need to rename all 'form 0' module as DEX78_0 for example. Although that is one solution.

So when it try to mount, if form is 0. it'll mount DEX78_0 (the module name) and DEX78_1 if form 1. For shiny, it's basically the same. I'll write some clean code after breakfast. The idea being to not concatnate pkmn.form if form = 0. and not concatenate shiny mod if not shiny.

Hi July It's Very Cool If Someone want to have a option to make Pokemon mount. Can you make for following Pokemon. If select option It will follow then unfollow option come. If you done thanks.
Do you mean like specific one? e.g. Following PKMN comes with a hotkey that toggles PKMN following sprite. e.g. you can turn off and on easily if PKMN are following already.

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 28, 2023
I'll mike some small tweak to accompanied what you desire since they are very small tweak. Your module needs to be named DEX78_0 is the thing, it's trying to search for module DEX78_0 instead of DEX78. It's all naming convention.
However, if you're patience, I'll make the tweaks later today as I just woke up and I have the codes dancing in my head to how it'd be easier to manage. e.g. no need to rename all 'form 0' module as DEX78_0 for example. Although that is one solution.

So when it try to mount, if form is 0. it'll mount DEX78_0 (the module name) and DEX78_1 if form 1. For shiny, it's basically the same. I'll write some clean code after breakfast. The idea being to not concatnate pkmn.form if form = 0. and not concatenate shiny mod if not shiny.

Do you mean like specific one? e.g. Following PKMN comes with a hotkey that toggles PKMN following sprite. e.g. you can turn off and on easily if PKMN are following already.

Can you explain more I don't understand.

JulyArt

New Developer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2021
After testing the codes, let me know how it goes. As I didn't have time to debug these changes, but I'm confident in them. Share error message if occur.

JulyArt

New Developer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2021
What would you like for the game to do when you select option from menu specifically?

At the moment, PKMN following comes with a 'toggle hotkey'. When press this hotkey, it will hide all following PKMN. when toggle again, it will show all following PKMN.

Search for these code lines if PKMN following default already has whatcha would like.

Code:
# Allow the player to toggle followers on/off using the Key specified below
ALLOWTOGGLEFOLLOW = true
TOGGLEFOLLOWERKEY = :BACKSLASH

Back