• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] ♥ SHIPPING ♥

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Hello, here's your obligatory Valentine's day Discussion thread for roleplay theatre :)

The title is obviously about ships, and so is this whole topic. Let's talk about some of your favorite ships from roleplays you've participated in! For example: did you have some pairs, being speculated out-of-character, that ended up happening for real? Did you have any other ships that you would've liked to see but eventually didn't materialize? Are you someone who indulges in shipping and comes up with various different possibilities for all the characters of a roleplay, or do you just let other people ramble on? Have at it ♡

I demand for Sapphy to post here at least a few times...

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I still think Allys (my elf ranger) and Aerin (sapphy's elf bard) can end up happy together eventually. Just in a way that's not just "feck it, the world is cruel, this girl is soft" like it might have been before, and more like built onto respect and actually knowing and trusting each other. Maybe Aerin needs to have her pyromaniac arc before that though lmao. Well. We'll see.

It's not really easy to ship characters in RPs / DnD for me; they are actually created by and controlled by other players and I don't want to force them into things or make them feel like someone is thinking of their character in ways they didn't really intend or want. If it's discussed and makes sense, it's all good, whether it was planned from the start or happens naturally over time.

That being said, I still shipped Aberdeen x Christina big time in Crossroads. They were gonna be endgame, okay :>

Years
Shipping/romance is definitely not something I need in an RP or actively seek out. I'm not against character romance, but I'm not interested in doing it just for the sake of it. It has to add something to the characters or the story. I think the Spear couples do a great job of this though for the most part. Especially Ruben and Pia (played by Shak and Sapphy) and Achille and Haleigh (played by Pigeon and Fen). The former two were a toxic relationship that served as a catalyst for some major character growth while the second is a much healthier relationship that provides the characters a much-needed confidante and support network.

I can count the number of times I've seriously worked a character's romantic interest into an RP myself on one hand (it's one) and we haven't even got to that yet lmao.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Originally with RP, I wanted to see shipping a lot. But when I was in a certain RP on here, it seemed like shipping became all the the RP was about, so I stopped really caring. And I have turned even more against it in the last few years because it just can easily get out of hand like it did with WoW RP I was in.

I prefer close friendships, if it becomes a romantic pairing, so be it. But largely I just really don't care about Romance in RP anymore. I think it has to have a reason. It can't just be random, there has to be story behind it.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Okay okay so this thread was tailor made for me so of course I cannot NOT post.

Let's start with one GP already mentioned which is Ruben and Pia. It was an unplanned ship that was one of the most enjoyable to write. They were in a toxic relationship with each other for dubious reasons. Pia at first because she saw him as a stepping stone towards fame and riches while keeping the very real possibility in her mind that Ruben would throw her aside eventually because that's how celebrities work. Besides, she knew that one day the secret that her mother used to be a prostitute would come out. That fact alone is generally frowned upon. Ruben in turn just saw her as a prize woman at first. Just someone to keep at his side so other women wouldn't approach him. It was as toxic as you could imagine.

But hey despite the obvious attraction they felt towards each other at first, they really did start liking each other shortly after. Pia didn't really use him after all and realized she wanted to become famous and rich on her own terms while Ruben realized Pia was much more than the beautiful girl he had approached and genuinely started protecting her from the public. It became a messy struggle for Pia where she was fighting against her secret coming out while also wanting to tell him the truth but being afraid her heart would be trampled upon while Ruben was struggling with the idea of commitment but was slowly getting used to the idea. Eventually the media was the reason they had a super messy break up. They made a picture of Ruben and another famous woman together in a questionable position that Pia happened to come across in tabloids. Pia always knew it was going to happen eventually but the fact it happened at all still broke her heart despite keeping in her mind that it could be a misunderstanding (she knows how media works). Ruben in turn was bombarded with questions regarding Pia's mother. Someone had tipped the media about Pia's mother and they became a hot topic of rumor and disgust. When they tried to speak to each other, their words did not come across and they eventually broke up but obviously still caring about each other as proven later. I would like to explain more but as Spear is still ongoing, it might spoiler a few things here and there.

Then we got Faye and Rowan in Atria which is another ship that unexpectedly fit very well. Faye is a "touched-hybrid" born from a human father and "touched" mother. Touched in Atria means that the individual was exposed to high concentrated aether and therefor their biology somewhat changed. Some grew fur, extra arms etc etc. Touched beings are looked down upon in Atria and while Faye can come across as a human, she still has a few features that prove her lineage. She has tiny horns she keeps hidden in her hair and scales on her arms and legs that she covers up with long gloves or long boots. She became a stoic and emotionally undeveloped girl after the trauma she experiences in her younger years. She feels emotions like everyone else but doesn't know how to deal with them well and doesn't show them on her face. This also makes her unable to control her own powers well enough to be functional. The only time they became extremely functional was during one of the best fights GP and I have written together where Faye went literally mad and became so powerful that she was able to turn the tides of a battle that was not in their favor but became frightening and uncontrollable in the process. Now you know about Faye. Let me tell you about Rowan.

Rowan is the absolute opposite with the added weight that he can literally feel the emotions of others. He's very flirty which often catches Faye off-guard and is the first one that found out that she was touched due to him barging into her bedroom unannounced while she was fixing her hair in a way that would hide her horns. He, along with GP's character Prim, are the reason Faye is slowly being able to accept her touched side. You've got this girl who doesn't show her emotions on her face and the guy that can feel the things that she feels. Despite that Faye absolutely despises the fact he flirts with everything that can reproduce, she's come to the understanding that it's just Rowan being kind. Rowan, after all, shows a much more genuine flirting towards Faye than he does towards anyone else. Faye has slowly began to fall in love with him for a lot of reasons but Rowan is unable to identify the emotion of genuinely loving someone and therefor has not noticed yet. It's really cute and ahjgdsjhgfthjsdgfshjg I can't wait to write more of them.

Then the last one for today haha yes you didn't think that was all of them did you?

BruxXKiara. Argueably my favourite ship at the moment (because the other two or on sort of hiatus). They're from a DnD Star Wars Campaign ran by Jay and GP plays Iggy the magnaguard droid in the party. I love them because they're both a goddamn mess but are still able to have very cute moments together. I wasn't planning on shipping Kiara with anyone at all but this one just... kind of happened due to a situation that was partly put together by Jay but it ended up being a really good catalyst for everything else. Ships that are super unexpected but are really cute are my favourite kinds of ships and this one is no exception.

Kiara is a Jedi Padawan (now knight) that the party found on a planet she had escaped to after Order 66. She lost her arm and master during the fight and while she was determined to not get attached to anyone anymore, a while ago she realized she harbored feelings for her Nautolan party member played by Geras. Brux is a child soldier that was an assassin at first but saved from this life by jedi master Girr that happens to be the best friend of Kiara's Jedi master. She therefore went on multiple missions with both Girr and Brux before the happenings of Order 66. When the party found her, Kiara hid the fact she was a Padawan until Brux mentioned he was looking for master Girr. When Kiara confirmed that Brux was once in his care due to a vision of the past she received (and therefor realized she went on missions with him as well and was therefore trustworthy) she started explaining that she was told to look for Master Girr as well in the dying moments of her own master (who was like a father to her but gave up his own life so Kiara could escape and live). A lot happened between that and the moment where Kiara started to realize she harbored feelings for Brux. The catalyst itself was a hilarious moment.

You see, they went back to the home planet of another party member played by Nagi who is a human technological genius and who Kiara has come to view as an older sister as some sort. While Rhyme absolutely hates Jedi because of all the bullshit she's been put through, she's developed a soft spot for Kiara and made her a mechnical arm that she can now use. BUT that's beside the point. The entered the planet known as Nar Shaddaa but immediately upon getting through the first security check, they were met with an announcement that announced that Kiara and Jedi master Girr now both had a humongus bounty on their heads. While they only spoke of a brown haired padawan (Kiara was already a knight at that point but also beside the point) they also mentioned her most noticable feature, her mechanical arm (before Rhyme build her a new arm, she had a commercial brand one). Kiara could therefore be identified very easily with just that fact alone. While the party was still deciding what to do with that fact, Brux almost immediately thought of disguising her and brought her along to a restroom that one of the other party members then started guarding. Brux helped her turn into a Togruta in the restrooms (Kiara knows Togruti language because her master was a Togruta and could turn into a believable Togruta) while a very questionable conversation happened outside. I will put this in spoilers as it mentions intercourse and we have younger members on this website.

Spoiler:

Kiara's face turned of that of a tomato and this moment kind of forced her to see Brux is something different than just a party member. The Nar Shaddaa arc is still ongoing and has been a long one where Kiara got to figure out she was in love with him while trying to retain her jedi ways and therefore tried to meditate to keep it under control (that failed btw) but eventually they were called to a Gala by a crime lord to discuss business. Brux was completely unaware of everything by the way and sometimes did cute little things that just made the situation worse for Kiara lol. While wearing fancy dresses and going to the party, they were also allowed to enjoy the party a little bit. Of course I had to find a way for them to dance but Geras, as if reading my mind, made Brux eventually ask if Kiara would like to dance being under the assumption they were standing out. Kiara of course said yes but Brux is a Nautolan man. Nautolan. Anyone who does not have Star Wars knowledge, allow me to explain what that means: This man has tentacles on his head that allow him to feel pheromones and therefore can pick up emotions from other biologicals around him. Kiara knows this because she's been on missions with him and Master Girr before (another Nautolan man) and has tried so incredibly hard to keep her feelings in control so he wouldn't notice. This failed. The moment they danced, Kiara was as red as a tomato again and Brux picked up on her pheromones. They were so strong that they kind of messed him up and left him feeling somewhat tipsy. They were able to complete their dance but everyone in the party henceforth knew about Kiara's feelings for Brux.

... Except Brux. Somehow. This man is denser than the wall of china. Brux never has known love and therefor does not know what it is. Moments passed again and eventually they were back on the ship where Master Girr was too (they found him during the first mission that Kiara joined, alive!! miraculously). Now Kiara knew that falling in love was basically a really bad thing for the Jedi. That's what she had been taught. Not by her own master directly because he focused on teaching her how to control her emotions rather than supress them but others around her. So Kiara went to master Girr to speak of it. Master Girr who is also a Nautolan man and a father figure to Brux. The moment Kiara entered the quarters, Girr picked up on the intense emotions Kiara was feeling and immediately knew for whom too. While he embaressed her just a tiny bit more while Kiara basically planted her face against the table they were sitting at, rather than denouncing her feelings he was more on the side of accepting them and controlling them for both her sake and that of Brux's. He felt like the Jedi has misunderstood the teaching of the force and that emotions were never meant to be surpressed, something Kiara could hardly do anyway, that's why she was taught to control them instead. He told her story about his best friend, Kiara's jedi master Rokra Sar who was a father figure to her. Apparently Rokra had also been in love with someone before and was about to leave the Jedi order so he could be together with her. Except that he was hilariously refused and reported to his Jedi Master at the time who clipped his ears (or horns) for weeks. Kiara started to feel a little bit better about her own feelings and this was the first step in accepting they existed. Master Girr then had to embarrass her again by saying he was rooting for her with Brux and that he hoped that in a new order, those things would be more acceptable. That's how this guy became the captain of that ship (arguably along with Rhyme? Because Rhyme seems to find it cute as well)

Nar Shaddaa arc is still not over and they've now recruited Mandalorians because Rhyme seemed to be the descendent of mandalore the creator. I'll spare you what happened here because I'll never be done at that rate but one night Brux decided to ask Kiara about the Kyber crystal he had been holding onto that was his (he's discovered he was force sensitive a while ago) and that led to Kiara teaching him how to attune to his crystal. Brux only discovered he was force sensitive a while ago and was unable to attune immediately. Kiara reassured it was just because he wasn't trained in the force like she was and they shared a moment for a little. Then it grew quiet and Kiara asked why he went to her for this rather than Master Girr. She was happy he had because she too was able to help of course but because of the connection he and Girr shared she was a little confused. Brux explained that back at the Gala on Nar Shaddaa he felt an extremely strong emotion coming from her and wondered if she was alright. Kiara was of course flabbergasted and had trouble recollecting herself for a moment but then proceeded to ask if he knew what those feelings were. Brux said no so Kiara tried to explain. She was basically in the middle of a confession when...

Rhyme's assassin droid, HK-50, disturbed them in Kiara's room and asked for Brux. He needed him for something. Kiara dejectingly agreed that they were done here and allowed him to go. When Brux left she sat down on the floor against the door and sighed to herself a little while being like "I almost said it. I was almost able to say it." as she keeps growing closer to accepting her feelings and dealing with them.

While this happened... HK-50, after having stated his business, told Brux that Kiara wanted babies with him.

Yep. That happened. Brux now knows what Kiara feels but has misunderstood the intentions and everything else completely and is now dealing with the thoughts in his own way while Kiara has no idea what Brux has been told. Did I forget to mention that HK-50 is being sorta played by Jay himself? So Jay basically instigated this situation? Yeah, thank you jay...... x'D

That's where we are at now. They've not been able to talk about it yet lmao.

BUT WAIT THAT IS NOT ALLLLLLLL

While this is happening in the campaign, Rhyme herself has like, three potential ships which only two of them seem realistic but I'm hardcore shipping them as well. I will tell you about those next time.

tldr; no read all of that, it's amazing and took 2 hours of my time. Take that 10-15 minutes to read through it >:c

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Originally with RP, I wanted to see shipping a lot. But when I was in a certain RP on here, it seemed like shipping became all the the RP was about, so I stopped really caring. And I have turned even more against it in the last few years because it just can easily get out of hand like it did with WoW RP I was in.

I prefer close friendships, if it becomes a romantic pairing, so be it. But largely I just really don't care about Romance in RP anymore. I think it has to have a reason. It can't just be random, there has to be story behind it.

This is so true though. I love shipping a lot but the moment and characters really need to fit for me to enjoy it. There needs to be a good story to be had. Random shipping is something I've come to dislike over the years.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I love possibility. I love speculation. I love little back-and-forths that go nowhere but maybe get used somewhere later. I get invested in the what-ifs more than the for-sures, and the implications rather than the outright statements-- and therefore Marie (HS1) is a relentless, manipulative flirt. She's great, really, honestly, she's so funny to put with literally anyone and ship tease them! She might catch feelings for someone someday but for now I just like to use her to mess with other people's characters. She's very good at it~

I don't necessarily ship much- I like to ship tease, of course, and I like to watch other people Do A Romance. Particularly if it's messy. RuPia (Spear, Shak and Sapphy) was an entertaining trainwreck. So is literally anything June (HS1, QueenNothing) does, specifically with Avril (HS1, Eleanor). I just think it's all good drama fun. :3c I love the wholesome ships too, sure, but like.... drama, y'know?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I happily ship my own characters though! In one of GP's RPs I played Magnet and Nix, a married (iirc) superhero couple who would have been very cute together had they gotten more screentime. I gotta reuse them some day.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I happily ship my own characters though! In one of GP's RPs I played Magnet and Nix, a married (iirc) superhero couple who would have been very cute together had they gotten more screentime. I gotta reuse them some day.

Oh yeah! I definitely do that. I've used that as an excuse in the past to avoid romance rp.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
o lemme spotlight some npc ships hang on

Groc and I put my guy Harper together with his girl Emmy to be the required NPC pair for a quest in Trainers! She contracted him to be a guide through some wild caves while she sought out remnants of ancient civilization, and he started regretting it pretty quickly. She's peppy and imaginative with often unrealistic expectations, he's stoic and down to earth and prefers quiet solitude. Over time they bond, though, and by the end of his contract he's suspiciously unwilling to move on. <3

There's also the 20-years-later pairs we have in HS1~ Brawly has married an adventurey girl named Shauna and they are cute and wholesome with him being the homemaker who prefers to stay on Dewford and her going on unspecified adventures across the land! May and Brendan are also A Thing but they refuse to talk about it Ever At All and they're so funny.

sdfhk thats the only ones i can talk about rn too but theres more pairs waiting to show up that i love ahaha

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Groc and I put my guy Harper together with his girl Emmy to be the required NPC pair for a quest in Trainers! She contracted him to be a guide through some wild caves while she sought out remnants of ancient civilization, and he started regretting it pretty quickly. She's peppy and imaginative with often unrealistic expectations, he's stoic and down to earth and prefers quiet solitude. Over time they bond, though, and by the end of his contract he's suspiciously unwilling to move on. <3
oh I didn't know the story behind them both! Did i miss smth, or was that never addressed IC? Regardless, this is really cute ngl

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
oh I didn't know the story behind them both! Did i miss smth, or was that never addressed IC? Regardless, this is really cute ngl

:D it was literally never addressed lmao technically the plan is still to have them reappear in trainers down the line and show some progression but yknow. its really background to what we're doing there. but also thats why they popped into HS1 together too~

Years
Writing messy teen romance is one of my favorite things about RP, especially gay messy teen romance which is why June, being a hopeless lesbian, can be so fun to write. But I might like shipping Gwen more because, unlike June, she doesn't really understand crushes. Stuff like her getting flustered when seeing Casey shirtless or Arianne in a swim suit is *chef's kiss*. I just love the idea of her crushing on people and not realizing it, which will make the inevitable realization and confession all the more climatic.

Back