• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Land of the Maple Leaf ~ Canadian Club

Years
Lightning said:
No matter how cold California gets, I bet it still has nothing on Winnipeg. He deserves all your sympathy and a gift basket.
TRIFORCE89 said:
Yes, because Winnipeg sure isn't tropical. I'd feel bad for the Florida person. System shock XD
I did feel sorry for him, until I later learned that he was one of the higher-ups for Electronic Arts. I'd gladly brave a day or two in cold weather for his job.

As for our average temperature, it's around 5 during the winter, and about 25 during the summer. I love that it's almost always a tolerable temperature outside, although last summer did average closer to 30 than 25 (had about a 2 week stretch where it didn't drop below 29).

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
So it's been snowing all day. Oh and NHL IS BACK GUYS WHO ARE YOU CHEERING FOR?
I don't find teams sports particularly entertaining. I never watch hockey at home. I'll go to see it, because it is an event.

I'll cheer for whoever is winning because they deserve the cheering

Years
I actually dedicated my whole day to watching hockey (4 games over 10 1/2 hours), so I'm pretty excited that it's back. Somehow, I started cheering for the New Jersey Devils when I was about 4, and they've always been my favorite team. I'm a bad Canadian, I know. I could just never see myself cheering for the Canucks, even though they're the hometown team (I do have a soft spot for the Calgary Flames, though, as half of my family is from there and cheers for them).

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
It was hailing a few hours ago and it was super strange. My American roommate was surprised to see us so amazed by the hail because it doesn't happen often here at all. He was also confused because apparently hail in South Carolina is almost always an inch or bigger whereas we were insisting the small pellets tonight were hail as well. We nearly mistook this for snow but then realized it was far too warm for snow and it accompanied a thunderstorm so it was more likely to be hail. Does anyone else remember getting hail much at all? I think it's more common in warmer atmospheres (so further south) and I don't think I've ever seen a piece of hail that was even golf ball-sized, nevermind bigger.

It was pretty neat but I wish it would just hurry up and snow again here. T_T; I hate the fake spring Southern Ontario got last week. Now it's just muddy and icy everywhere and my walk to the bus sucks.
LEAFS because they're my Dad's team so I grew up rooting for them too. And they're undefeated thus far in the season, too! I was so confused when I checked the score last night and saw they'd beaten the Canadiens. :P Then again, I think they started off fairly well last year too and it didn't last long.

I don't have TV though and I'm not much of a hockey fan. I'll pay attention if a Canadian team makes it to the finals and I'll watch Olympic games or international tournaments if I'm visiting my parents or something but I don't go out of my way.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
It was hailing a few hours ago and it was super strange. My American roommate was surprised to see us so amazed by the hail because it doesn't happen often here at all. He was also confused because apparently hail in South Carolina is almost always an inch or bigger whereas we were insisting the small pellets tonight were hail as well. We nearly mistook this for snow but then realized it was far too warm for snow and it accompanied a thunderstorm so it was more likely to be hail. Does anyone else remember getting hail much at all? I think it's more common in warmer atmospheres (so further south) and I don't think I've ever seen a piece of hail that was even golf ball-sized, nevermind bigger.

It was pretty neat but I wish it would just hurry up and snow again here. T_T; I hate the fake spring Southern Ontario got last week. Now it's just muddy and icy everywhere and my walk to the bus sucks.

LEAFS because they're my Dad's team so I grew up rooting for them too. And they're undefeated thus far in the season, too! I was so confused when I checked the score last night and saw they'd beaten the Canadiens. :P Then again, I think they started off fairly well last year too and it didn't last long.

I don't have TV though and I'm not much of a hockey fan. I'll pay attention if a Canadian team makes it to the finals and I'll watch Olympic games or international tournaments if I'm visiting my parents or something but I don't go out of my way.
I was coming from Toronto Airport this summer with my grandparents and it just all of a sudden started pouring rain. There was thunderstorms and marble sized hail too; it was pretty crazy.
I can never bring myself to cheer for the Maple Leafs, despite being from Toronto. I cheer for the Bruins instead.
In they Olympics, however, I ALWAYS cheer for Canada, even if they're playing the US. So that makes up for it, I guess. x)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I live in Montreal. Hockey? I hear about it aaaaalllll the time. As for me? I don't really like hockey. I just love seeing our home team get beaten badly by other teams, It's really funny seeing how the habs fan gets butthurt when you tell them that habs sucks x)

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Oh, a Canadian Club? How perfect! :D

As for hockey, I'm still going for Toronto, as it's kinda where I live. As of what I've heard so far, they won against Montreal. I haven't really paid much attention to the NHL as of late, because they just got off of what I'm going to call the strike. Other than Toronto, I'll root for Calgary and Boston.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
When I watch Hockey, I always hope that Montreal loses LOL.

And for our weather, this week we're hitting -25°C to -36°C. Hurray... >.<

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Oh, a Canadian Club? How perfect! :D

As for hockey, I'm still going for Toronto, as it's kinda where I live. As of what I've heard so far, they won against Montreal. I haven't really paid much attention to the NHL as of late, because they just got off of what I'm going to call the strike. Other than Toronto, I'll root for Calgary and Boston.
I meant to ask, which province is your favorite? That way I can put you down on the main page as a member. I assume its Ontario, but I just want to be sure.
Also we are getting slammed with a snowstorm tonight, in terms of weather. Shoveling will be fun.

Last edited:

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I meant to ask, which province is your favorite? That way I can put you down on the main page as a member. I assume its Ontario, but I just want to be sure.
Also we are getting slammed with a snowstorm tonight, in terms of weather. Shoveling will be fun.
Oh, if you could put Ontario, that'd be fine.

Speaking of snowstorms, we had one a while ago, but now it's warming up a lot. It went from -21°C to 2°C.
All the snow is gone. I was going to get to shovelling it, but it all melted.

Also- forgot to fill out the form...
Username: pokemanmdj
Relation to Canada: Born and raised in Toronto, Canada.
Favorite Province: Ontario, I guess.
Reason for Joining (optional): Because it's a club dedicated to our favourite country, up north!

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Haha, so the weather last week went from -40°C to -7°C. In Canadian weather -7°C is GOOD :D

Anyone care to hit the beach? x)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Well you been to the lakes around Canada I presume? If so. It's better to stay there haha. The beach that are connected to the ocean are utterly digusting, water salt that actually taste like it. Nasty stuff ^^'

Years
I found out at work, that as of yesterday, most Canadian businesses and banks have officially stopped giving out pennies, instead rounding your totals out to the nearest 0 or 5 (whichever your total is closer to). I personally don't mind, as I use debit where the final total won't be affected, but I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks about this. It seems from the people I've talked to, it's basically been a 50-50 split for or against it.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Because the money generated to make pennies actually cost more than what the pennies are worth :P

And me being a debit user, I won't get some discounts from the round ups sometimes lol :(

But it sucks that it's being rounded if you buy something that's like 2.96, you'll have to pay 3$ :P

Back