• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Jirachi

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
Years
385.gif

Jirachi

In the third generation games we had a new batch of both Legendary and Mythical Pokémon. One of these Pokémon introduced was Jirachi—a Steel/Psychic type with the ability Serene Grace. Jirachi's signature move is Doom Desire, which is a stronger Steel-type version of Future Sight. Jirachi has had many events over the years, the first one being the Wishing Star Jirachi event in Japan—running from June 1 to August 24, 2003.

What do you think of Jirachi, yourself? Do you love it, like it, dislike it, hate it, or maybe you're neutral towards it? How did you feel about Jirachi's signature move, Doom Desire? Did you ever have a chance to obtain one in any events pre-gen 6, particularly in gen 3?

I personally like Jirachi, don't love it but it's an adorable Pokémon no doubt. ;o; I love Doom Desire too, one of my favourite signature moves. The name's pretty neat and it being a stronger Future Sight.. just really cool haha. I believe I had a Jirachi in gen 3, but I can't recall as I no longer have that Jirachi anymore. ah well. n_u"​

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
Years
Jirachi is one of my most favorite mythicals. It is so cute and I love it. ;-; I never got one in the third generation games though. I didn't get my first Jirachi until generation six.

Years
I personally love Jirachi, it's so cute and such a cool legendary Pokemon. I always believed the thing in Gen 3 where you could go to space if you had 100 successful rocket launches and catch one, obviously it never happened but I eventually got a Jirachi in Gen 6 :)

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I've always loved Jirachi, another cosmic Pokemon of the 3rd generation. The movie just made you fall for it's innocent adoreable charm :)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I've never actually used Jirachi at all - in fact, I realize that I've used very few Mythical Pokémon. Despite that, I think Jirachi looks pretty darn cool, and it's got an awesome typing and signature move. I don't like that many Mythical Pokémon, but based on appearance alone Jirachi is probably in my top three, along with Deoxys and Arceus.

Years
Since I never get the requirements for event Pokemon I never used a Jirachi outside of Pokemon Showdown but it is a solid Pokemon nonetheless. A type combination with a lot of resistances and Serene Grace being an awesome ability for paraflinch strategies and more.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I honestly believed that if I visited Mossdeep's space center often enough I would see a rocket launch event that allowed me to get either Jirachi and/or Deoxys. Like, I checked it almost every day. It never happened, obviously, and I'm still sad to this day sort of =/

I love Jirachi as a Pokemon, actually. It's really cute and not useless. I love the idea of a Pokemon granting wishes as well. I wish that I had been able to have access to it as a child; events were pretty hard to come by, especially for a 10 year old.

Years
Considering Jirachi has one of my favorite typings (Steel/Psychic), and it's a relatively versatile Pokemon in battle, I've never really cared for it, especially seeing as it's supposed to be the Mew/Celebi equivalent of Hoenn. Maybe if it would've been a little more accessible then I would've taken a liking to it, but I don't think I even came across one legitimitely until the recent 6th gen distribution.

I do remember getting Doom Desire through Metronome on Fire Red once though, and thought it was pretty cool, only to be bummed out to find it was exclusive to Jirachi.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Soooo I had this: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok?mon_Channel#Jirachi

Basically a Jirachi in third gen which was otherwise rare lol I think I still have it and it is now in my bank! I've always found Jirachi amazing though. It's probably my second favourite mythical - like, it's strong but can be gimmicky too. Would have loved if it could actually grant wishes though...

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
^ haha same I got mine through Pokemon Channel as well. I never used it but really liked it. Great design, really cool backstory, and super cute as well. I also really liked its typing and much preferred it over the other Psychic/Steel introduced in Gen III (ew Metagross)

Back