• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kyledove Complete Ready to use Tileset

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
I am using kyledove's tiles and i noticed there is not a file with his tiles already in a ready to use tileset format so i thought i would post one. I am in the process of recoloring, fixing, and assorting the tiles so if there is something wrong with them do not post it i will take care of it myself. It wont be complete in the beginning, but it will be when im done with it.

If you have any request's for me to do this with another set of tiles pm me a link to the tiles.

Attachments

• cavekyletile.png
    cavekyletile.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 680
  • kyletile.png
    kyletile.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 844
Last edited:

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
Years
Looks good but outdoor tiles seem to bright or less colourfull and the white is actualy white not transparent so you cannor place the buildings ontop of the grass without it getting the white background with it also.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
Looks good but outdoor tiles seem to bright or less colourfull and the white is actualy white not transparent so you cannor place the buildings ontop of the grass without it getting the white background with it also.

Im pretty sure i put in my post that i didn't want people like you posting what is wrong about the tileset. If you don't like them don't use them. The tiles are not "less colorful" they are the same exact pixels that kyledove used to create these tiles just doubled in size for use in RPGXP, and the white is transparent it's just when you double a tiles size you get a weird grey outline of the item and i have not removed it yet. If you cannot read or are not going to follow the instructions i posted then why post anything at all?

~DarkAchu~

Years
Im pretty sure i put in my post that i didn't want people like you posting what is wrong about the tileset. If you don't like them don't use them. The tiles are not "less colorful" they are the same exact pixels that kyledove used to create these tiles just doubled in size for use in RPGXP, and the white is transparent it's just when you double a tiles size you get a weird grey outline of the item and i have not removed it yet. If you cannot read or are not going to follow the instructions i posted then why post anything at all?

Woah dude calm down, I was not criticizing I was praising you sorry if i came out a douche, I only asumed the colours were off as I'm used to an older or new style of his tiles. And I was not sure if the background was my fault or not as I am relatively new to RMXP sorry.

Just don't be so serious about your posts I wasn't trying to anger you.

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
To you I say that this does not sound like praise. This sounds like criticism, and he did say in his post that if there's a problem, DON'T post because he'll take care of it himself.
You didn't read his post properly.

To you I ask why you posted them in the first place if they weren't complete. You said yourself that you were in the process of recolouring and all that. Why bother posting an incomplete tileset that is going to give people problems?

~DarkAchu~

Years
To you I say that this does not sound like praise. This sounds like criticism, and he did say in his post that if there's a problem, DON'T post because he'll take care of it himself.

To you I ask why you posted them in the first place if they weren't complete. You said yourself that you were in the process of recolouring and all that. Why bother posting an incomplete tileset that is going to give people problems?

Woah again Like I said I did not mean to say it the way it came out, I am indeed praising him for his post, I did not want to cause an arguement I've been here a long time and never have I caused something like this can we just forget about it?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012

Because as a college student it will take a while and people might want to use the tiles that i have posted and might want to import the updates as i go along. Is there a problem with that, or is this just trivial?

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
If your a college student then i must ask, why would you in your logical mind post something incomplete, do you hand in your papers for school incomplete? Also who in their right mind will use a incomplete tileset? Also if this is "Imcomplete" Then why does the title say "Complete Ready to use"? honestly you dont make much sense..

this is not a very good tileset anyways, there is already a complete tileset out there that has kyledove's tiles in rmxp format and ready to use so why redo something that has been done, seems like a waste if you ask me,

And you said their isnt a tileset with kyle's tiles on it? Whats this? Credit kyledove if used

Last edited:

Kyo The Pro

I'm the Doctor
Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
why call it kyledove complete ready to use tileset if its not complete and ready to use

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
i have a question, is the very first... picture?... on the cave set, is that a door that is as if you are going down, to an outside area? when i made my tile set, i wasn't too sure how this was made, but i guess i would have to change mine if this is the "right" way?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
The thing is it is not a school paper seeing as im updating it as i go shows that im doing what i can when i can and there will be updates with more tiles soon to come. If you do not want to use the stfu and gtfo, because your input doesn't matter here. Thank you and have a great day :).

and also for the record i didn't know that there was one, but its sad to what length you would go to ruin a perfectly good idea that somebody had all just to help people out.

Last edited:

Kyo The Pro

I'm the Doctor
Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
The thing is it is not a school paper seeing as im updating it as i go shows that im doing what i can when i can and there will be updates with more tiles soon to come. If you do not want to use the stfu and gtfo, because your input doesn't matter here. Thank you and have a great day :).

and also for the record i didn't know that there was one, but its sad to what length you would go to ruin a perfectly good idea that somebody had all just to help people out.

Is it really necessary to be rude just because people stated something against the tileset why post something incomplete if you don't what criticism anyway, there is a bunch of errors in the cave tiles but its easier just to show it so
Spoiler:

the tiles themselves are also quite blurry which is noticeable

but the one thing I really have against it is the name of the thread
its false advertising in a way

Last edited:
Back