• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Fire Red Overworld Sprite Resource

Years
  • Seen today
@etique

As Delta231 said, these are not in FR style, so they won't be added to the thread...
Nevertheless, Damian's sprite does look nice;)

etique

etique
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
Intro
This thread is created to serve as a resource for hackers that want to have accurate overworld sprites for all trainer sprites in Fire Red. Besides the Fire Red overworld sprites, this resource also contains some Anime overworld sprites. All overworld sprites for trainers that are originally used in Fire Red are completed. There are trainer sprites from Emerald available in Fire Red as well (Like the Hex Maniac, Guitarist, etc). Those sprites are not completed (yet), but may eventually be added.

Note that these overworld sprites do not (all) fit in the default palettes of Fire Red, so using Navenatox Dynamic Overworld Palettes Patch is a requirement to use all of them.

You're free to use any of these sprites in your hack, that's the whole purpose of this resource. Be sure to give proper credit though. If you think your self-made overworld sprite should be added to this resource (Or you improved a completed one), give me a message or reply in this thread. Be sure they are: Good Quality, Fire Red Style and Properly Indexed. Properly indexed doesn't only mean that the sprite has 16 colors, but a proper sequence of colors as well. That way they are easier to edit.

Completed Overworlds
Accurate Fire Red Overworld Sprites
View attachment 85123 View attachment 85124
View attachment 85119 View attachment 85138 View attachment 85140
View attachment 85120 View attachment 85125 View attachment 85166
View attachment 86476 View attachment 85132 View attachment 85139
View attachment 85135 View attachment 85134 View attachment 85131
View attachment 86588 View attachment 86589 View attachment 85118
View attachment 85165 View attachment 85143 View attachment 85133
View attachment 85127 View attachment 85126 View attachment 85129
View attachment 85130 View attachment 85867 View attachment 85122
View attachment 85675 View attachment 85673 View attachment 86469
View attachment 85142 View attachment 85141

Anime Overworld Sprites
View attachment 85859 View attachment 85404 View attachment 85860
View attachment 85370 View attachment 85371 View attachment 85164
View attachment 85155 View attachment 85156 View attachment 85158
View attachment 85146 View attachment 85147 View attachment 85352
View attachment 86590 View attachment 85357 View attachment 85358
View attachment 85361 View attachment 85354 View attachment 85355
View attachment 85173 View attachment 85161 View attachment 85160
View attachment 85162 View attachment 85154 View attachment 85403
View attachment 85149 View attachment 85163 View attachment 85157
View attachment 85151 View attachment 85360 View attachment 85356
View attachment 85862 View attachment 85863 View attachment 85864
View attachment 85861 View attachment 85353 View attachment 85362
View attachment 85865 View attachment 85866 View attachment 86583
View attachment 86584 View attachment 86615 View attachment 86610
View attachment 86611 View attachment 86612 View attachment 86614
View attachment 86608 View attachment 86609 View attachment 86613

Credit
Avatar: Psychic (Male), Psychic (Female), Rich Boy, Cue Ball (Dismounted)
Daman: Professor Ivy, Professor Ivy's Assistant
Kalarie: Aroma Lady, Blackbelt, Burglar, Crush Girl, Dragon Tamer, Engineer, Juggler, Lady, Pokemon Breeder, Rocker, Tamer, Twin, Young Couple, Anime Sprites
MrDollSteak: Cue Ball, Cue Ball (Dismounted), Painter, PokéManiac, Pokémon Ranger (Male), Pokémon Ranger (Female)
Pokesho: Various First Frames of Anime Overworld Sprites
Spherical Ice: Biker (Dismounted), Bird Keeper, Expert (Male), Expert (Female), Kindler, Ruin Maniac

You're creating a beautiful collection of overworld frg.

Years
  • Seen today
Bumping this thread because a lot of sprites got an update since the first time they were uploaded here. If you ever took sprites from this resource it might be a good idea to check whether you like the new OW (if there is one), or the old one you already have.

I've occasionally made changes to some OW's throughout this year so I don't remember which I've changed and which not. Just thought I should say this to give people the opportunity to check for themselves if they see a potential upgrade for their hack;)

Years
  • Seen today
never again have you made new overworlds

Is this a question? If yes, then no (lately), barely. I only improved some size/hair/color of the ones that were already there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2019
How would one go about inserting these into my game? Would i just insert these over the images present in nameless sprite editor?

Years
  • Seen today
How would one go about inserting these into my game? Would i just insert these over the images present in nameless sprite editor?

The format they have in thread is perfect for a tool like Overworld Manager. If you prefer to use NSE or Overworld Editor RE, you'll need to split each frame and import them individually.

If you barely have any experience with overworld sprites I would advise you to take some tutorial first. If I remember correctly, Anthroyd made 2 videos about overworld sprites in his Generation III Video Series;)

Years
  • Seen today
@etique

As you can see from the ''last edit'' of the first post, the post has been edited this year (and several times last year). Although the changes to some sprites were pretty minor (and you may not have noticed them) and there were only a few new sprites, there definitely has been progress over the last year.
The main focus (for me) was to finish the overworld sprites for the trainer sprites that are present in Fire Red, that part is finished. I don't really feel the need to make the Emerald ones myself, but everyone is free to contribute;)

Years
  • Seen today
Hi all,

Aveontrainer made a lot of overworld sprites for Emerald trainer sprites that were not yet present in this resource (formatted for RPG maker). I've edited those, added a 10th VS seeker frame to them and added them to this resource. I also made a lot of new Anime Overworld sprites.

Do with them whatever you want;)

Years
Hey guys, I'm looking for a full Trainer Blue sprite sheet for my project. I'm going to replace him as the protagonist. I'm looking for a FR/LG style with running, fishing and biking sprites.

Years
  • Seen today
@Petuuuhhh
These are pokemon sprites, they should probably have their own thread. Either way, the file you linked to are in no way similar (in formatting, color) to the Gen I sprites I made.

FireFig

Ignite
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jun 20, 2022
Finally!!! after 5 min of messing around with this thread, I have made it easy for my Fellow Hackers by putting these OW's in a zip file, I know this has been done before in this thread but that is way old :/

SO HERE I PRESENT U THE ULTIMATE ZIP :)

OVERWORLDS

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Dec 24, 2023
Finally!!! after 5 min of messing around with this thread, I have made it easy for my Fellow Hackers by putting these OW's in a zip file, I know this has been done before in this thread but that is way old :/

OVERWORLDS

nice! tbh i might put some of my works here since the graphics is kinda fire redish*

Years
  • Seen today

OVERWORLDS

For anyone deciding to use this, be aware that this may contain outdated sprites. I sometimes decide to update sprites because I think they can be done better.

Back