• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Foreshadows of Hoenn [M][OOC]

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Yes! It is done! I am ready!!!!

Name: Penance Malum

Sex: Male

Species: Golduck

Tribe: Ruber

Appearance: Penance is rather short compared to the rest of the tropps in the army. He sports a muscular appearance due to his time dedicated to exercising in the water. He is at his natural height for a Golduck, a good 5'6", though most of the other tropps like Feraligatrs and what not completely tower over the amphibian and it isn't an odd sight for Penance to be completely covered in another's shadow. Penance wears a small necklace of blue beads around his neck that is a kind of offering toward Kyogre whenever Penance steps into the water.

Penance is able to swim quickly thanks to the webbing in between his fingers and toes. Penance makes sure to keep his claws nice and sharp if the need ever arises for him to defend himself in close quarters.

Personality: Tactics, strategy, plans. All of these are words that always exist in Penance's mind. Everything can be a stragety, plans MUST be made for each and every circumstance, plans must be made for those plans, and back up plans must be in circulation for when those plans go awry. That is where Penance shines. Ever since he was young Penance has been able to see that which other pokemon can't. The ideas, the initiatives to take, all of it is important to Penance. It's no wonder that he is considered a great tacticion within the Ruber's ranks. Although he does tend to be a bit paranoid he gets the job done. In fact he isn't above calculating strategies and what not even when there is no briefing going on and he is on his own time. Often he will bounce his various ideas and strategies off his close friends and gain their input about what works and doesn't work. He may be a tactician, but even he understands that when more minds think about something then it is much easier to fix weaknesses or be able to get an entirely new idea altogether. The only thing that does hold Penance back every now and then is his sexual orientation. Unlike most pokemon, Penance has an interest in those who are the same sex and can become easily distracted by thier presence outside of the briefing room, which is why he tends to have mostly female friends to bounce his ideas off.

Penance for the most part stays back in battle, he would go in and aid the other troops but the fact that he could be killed in battle would mean that the Ruber tribe would lose a valuable mind to aid them in future battles. Despite his lack of actual face up battle experience Penance believes that he can hold his own against the enemy... although the rest of the soldiers get a chuckle out of that. Penance really doesn't hold any dislike for the other tribe, it's more along the fact that since he's water type he feels that he is obligated to fight alongside them.

History: PM'd

Moves: Water Pulse, Confusion, Zen Headbutt, Disable, Fury Swipes

Profession: Tactician

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
What is the total Number of pokemon players now?

It's like a 5:1 pokemon Human ratio. (Which Damien can handle, but still...)

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Can I update my SU to include a fondness for sniper rifles in Preferred Weapon?
Can't really think how I forgot about them... But yeah, sorry if it's kind of obvious. Very new to RPing, and it seems like a lot of you guys have done this before, so... not really sure where to stand here.

Anyway, the official ratio of Pokémon to humans atm is 11:1. Luckily enough though, there are a few more unofficially as of yet. Humans are definitely the main lack at the moment, though. I think it's about 3 humans, and maybe 6 or 7 pokemon on each side, so it's just over 4:1 in terms of humans : pokemon. Not sure what exactly is wanted, though, considering the total three factions, I'm guessing the total Pokémon should be about double the total human count?

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
I think we can count on it that there will inevitably be one or two people who sign up and/or reserve and won't post. Still, given that the pokémon factions are more shattered than a single pane of glass applied to the thrown force of a brick, we should be fine if the ratio doesn't dramatically increase and the humans stay active altogether.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
So your saying 2:11 is a good ratio and will work out? Nu-ah. That'll never work right. These odds are Fubar...

I messaged the said two people on DA. Hopefully at least one of them will come.

EGKangaroo

Years
So your saying 2:11 is a good ratio and will work out? Nu-ah. That'll never work right. These odds are Fubar...

I messaged the said two people on DA. Hopefully at least one of them will come.
You mean you missed reading the sentence of my post where I explained that only in the best-case scenario where all the humans stay active and there are one or two people that sign up and/or reserve that end up not posting at all, as inevitably happens with any RP the ratio would partially be acceptable?
Yeah, that one was kind of important. *looks down*

Aaaand, nevermind.

Last edited:

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
Years
ANDREW IS BACK!!!!!
May I please join in as my character from the last War RP? Nick the Typhlosion?

Also, hello everyone from the other RPs I've been in :D

Last edited:

EGKangaroo

Years
Fate does have a tendency to prove me wrong. We'll see if we can use this tool to my advantage. The next person will want to be a pokémon!

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
Hey guys. Miss me?
Thank god Legion directed me here, I haven't been online in a while. But I'd never miss War.

I guess we have too many pokemon already huh, haha?
Reserve me a human slot I suppose, unless someone isn't able to be a pokemon and I'd be happy to take over the slot for them.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
To quote a wise man
"YOU JUST FIFTY DOLLARS!"

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
Oh question: Can the humans have any pokemon to themselves whatsoever? Since they came from another peaceful land occupied by pokemon and other trainers.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
GUYSSS WELCOME BACK xD

This is gonna be awesome. Anyway, I'm a bit busy since I have an exam on Monday but I'll try to accept all players tonight or definitely tomorrow d:

EDIT: Screw it I'm online right now

@Claws of Darkness: Reserved for Caerulus. But I have to ask, were you there during the first RP?

@xLegionXx: Reserved as a human. Welcome back to war!

@heretostay123: Reserved for Ruber.

@zapdos926: Sure, your call! Since it's a fire Pokemon, you'll be Reserved for Caerulus.

@-Grayscale-: Welcome back xD Really don't change to Pokemon, we desperately need humans d; Reserved. And no, all the Pokemon aiding the humans will have left for the tribes.

@StinkomanFan: Your personality and Appearance are a bit on the short side. If you add a picture in the appearance, or a few more lines, it'd be greatly appreciated. xD Same goes for the personality, just a couple more lines. Your history is okay though, except for the last line, he couldn't have been anywhere near the assassination because everybody there was murdered. So until the edits, you're Pending.

@Greiger: Good SU! Accepted!

That should cover everyone. Also, Kawaii Pikachu has moved from Ruber to Caerulus.

EDIT2: Okay, so now we have 8 in Caerulus, 6 in Ruber, and 4 Humans. A good 4:3:2 thing going around here. But let's not forget, it's one faction vs. two other, since it's more or less a three-way war in the beginning so it's more like 8:10, 6:12 and 4:14. lol.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I'm glad people are getting so psyched up about this RP. I sure as heck am! I just feel a little out of place with everyone greeting each other as old friends xP

EGKangaroo

Years
I'm glad people are getting so psyched up about this RP. I sure as heck am! I just feel a little out of place with everyone greeting each other as old friends xP
Well, then we'll start our own social group, with blackjack and hookers! And we can fund it all from the 50 dollars Legion bet on me being right.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Well, then we'll start our own social group, with blackjack and hookers! And we can fund it all from the 50 dollars Legion bet on me being right.

In fact, screw the RP! I'll chip in with these two dollars I've got in my pocket, and a half-eaten bag of chips.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
War Between Pokémon and Humans: Foreshadows of Hoenn [M][OOC]

Glad to see the familiar faces, guys! Out of the three war rps, this ones created the most excitement so there's improvement xD

Makes me wonder...we've never made a logo/war banner for the HR.

Back