• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future Pseudo-Legendary

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
For 4 generations, Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon have been pretty much the same. Bulky large Pokemon with a high Attack stat, most of which were Dragons. In Gen 5 we had something new, a special attack oriented Pokemon named Hydreigon. This was quite a change.

So my question to you is, if they can do a Sp.Atk Pseudo, what kind of Pseudo might the future hold?

I personally think a smaller, more slender Pokemon with incredibly high Speed might be a cool option. It would also be interesting to see some new types, like Ghost on a Pseudo Legendary.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Well if they changed it up in the 5th gen. (I haven't played it yet, but I learned Hydreigon is Dark/Dragon), who knows what kind of pseudo we'll see next. But typically, I think we'll still see offensively-oriented Dragons for the most part. Like a normal-defensive pseudo wouldn't make any sense.

Sirfetch’d

I think we might see some kid of sea-monster like line that lives in the deep depths of the Oceans. Maybe a Water/Dragon type?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I kinda want a Steel or Rock tank instead of something that can basically plow through everything with force.

Like a hybrid between Shuckle and Chansey Insane Def and Sp. Def and HP with moderate attack and Sp. Attack. Maybe moderate Speed. It has to get 600 total I think to count as a Pseudo so there is a lot of room to give to it.

So long as Steel or Rock are part of the typing I really wouldn't mind what ever the second typing is.

Years
i was thinking a tank would be cool too. dragon types are nice, but i like odd type combos, so i think an ice/steel type would be awesome

Sirfetch’d

I also agree with XanderO, a tank would be a breath of fresh air. A rock/ steel or dark/steel could be 2 combos that work well, but have 4x weakness to fight. Same about the suggested ice/steel but it also has a 4x weakness to fire.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Kinda a merger idea, but my Tank Idea with poison type. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but Poison really needs a boost in power. There was a thread in this forum for Poison type Legendary, and honestly a Poison Pseudo-Legend would boost Poison types just as much.

It could help make some sense with the High HP, Def, and Sp. Def. Poison isn't a very offensive type. It relies on lowering Stats and inflicting Status effects, most if not all Poison types do both of these. Poisons (like real poisons) are strong in effect so they take a while to get rid of even with antidotes and Poisons can eventually become more resilient by adding to it. Basically what I'm saying that Poison has a high defense as a bacteria/virus and takes a while to die in some cases (High HP). So some super tank based on infecting and debilitating the opponent would be ideal for Poison types.

Also one hell of a Stall Pokemon XD

Sirfetch’d

Kinda a merger idea, but my Tank Idea with poison type. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but Poison really needs a boost in power. There was a thread in this forum for Poison type Legendary, and honestly a Poison Pseudo-Legend would boost Poison types just as much.

It could help make some sense with the High HP, Def, and Sp. Def. Poison isn't a very offensive type. It relies on lowering Stats and inflicting Status effects, most if not all Poison types do both of these. Poisons (like real poisons) are strong in effect so they take a while to get rid of even with antidotes and Poisons can eventually become more resilient by adding to it. Basically what I'm saying that Poison has a high defense as a bacteria/virus and takes a while to die in some cases (High HP). So some super tank based on infecting and debilitating the opponent would be ideal for Poison types.

Also one hell of a Stall Pokemon XD

I think steel could compliment a Poison pseudo-legendary nicely. A very unique combo. It is wieid, but would bring something new. Poison/steel could be a great wall.

Years
I think steel could compliment a Poison pseudo-legendary nicely. A very unique combo. It is wieid, but would bring something new. Poison/steel could be a great wall.

I was thinking this too, but a strong earthquake or earth power could do in the poor slow pseudo. Maybe if for some reason it had Levitate? XD

I'd like to a defensive pseudo too. Perhaps a poison/dragon type or (another) steel/dragon could work?

Actually, an awesome Ghost/Steel could be, well awesome! And it'd have either Levitate or Heatproof. :}

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I was thinking this too, but a strong earthquake or earth power could do in the poor slow pseudo. Maybe if for some reason it had Levitate? XD

I'd like to a defensive pseudo too. Perhaps a poison/dragon type or (another) steel/dragon could work?

Actually, an awesome Ghost/Steel could be, well awesome! And it'd have either Levitate or Heatproof. :}
Most Pseudos have Double Super Effective weakness built into them. I believe Hydreigon and Metagross are the only ones that don't, so the Steel/Poison combo would be viable. I can almost picture it.

I've always wanted a fire psychic. Then Victini came out and I was very disapointed. It would be nice to see a Pseudo with that combo instead of a mythical. Give it high SP.ATK and high SPD, but lowish defences, bam! Cool Pokemon. I also wish there were more elemental Dragons that weren't Legendaries...

Years
Some typed I'd like to see in a Pseudo are

Fight/Flying

Psychic/Fighting

Ice/Steel

Ghost/Steel

Poison/almost anything

Electric

I think another special attacker would be great and is the most likely possibility to occur but I also think the Pseudos could do with a more defensive option or a more all round meweque (stat wise) option.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I'd basically like to see something other than Dragon-types. I know the Beldum line aren't Dragons, but the rest are. Yeah. Another Steel-type pseudo would be nice. Really liking my Steel-types at the moment. Ridiculously useful.

Back