The PokéCommunity Forums General Pokémon Discussions Pokémon Anime
Dubbed What's going on with the English Dub THIS TIME? (help? I guess?)

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old 6 Days Ago (11:37 AM). Edited 6 Days Ago by The Mega Champion.
Strategist

Quote:
    Before you think 6PM is a 'convenient' time (since many children are home from school by that time), Disney apparently doesn't realize that most children are absolutely SWAMPED with homework on Monday evenings, often not completed until close to bedtime! (Even if some child somewhere isn't swamped with homework at 6PM Mondays, it's still dinner time for many families at that time, and for others, parents would rather be watching the evening news at that time.) And 2:30 AM? What is the sense of any child-oriented cable channel operating programming in the overnight hours? They might as well be running infomercials during such graveyard time slots.

I hope fans are lodging tons of complaints to TPCI about how Disney XD is treating the Pokémon anime - and even better, demanding that Disney's rights to broadcast the show be revoked and put up for bids by competitors, whether it be another cable channel that airs children's programming, or even a digital subchannel network or syndication distributor.
    (Then again, it probably doesn't really matter, since it seems these days, Disney XD has a near-monopoly when it comes to dubbed anime geared towards children :< )
    ^^^ALL OF THIS. ALL OF IT.

I wish something like that would happen but it's very doubtful. Even if it happened. I seriously doubt DisneyXD would change muk.

Quote:
    Otter Mii-kun's point does feel valid. While 6pm isn't the worst, it's a time where kids will likely have to focus on school homework and will likely have to get their sleep after that.

It is definitely clear we are now seeing Disney XD's true colours when it comes to handling a popular anime like Pokemon. Then again, XD hadn't been treating Yo-Kai Watch well either... given they haven't aired any new dubbed episodes for months now.
    Try a whole year. I'm pretty sure the english dub of Yo Kai Watch is canceled. :pouting:

The Roman Reigns of the internet.

PROUD Anti-Brony

Relevant Advertising!

Old 6 Days Ago (1:58 PM).
    Molly, you are so adorable! ♥

Quote:
      Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post
      Try a whole year. I'm pretty sure the english dub of Yo Kai Watch is canceled. :pouting:
      Indeed, while the original series of Yo-Kai Watch aired its last episode in Japan on March 30 (about two and a half months ago), it seems as if the remainder of the series won't make it over to America. (Sounds quite a bit like with what happened with Tokyo Mew Mew after 4Kids dubbed it as Mew Mew Power - 4Kids was only able to dub so many episodes, and of those they had done, not all of them aired on television in the US.)
      Old 6 Days Ago (3:54 PM). Edited 6 Days Ago by Hikamaru.
      HI VIZ

Nature: Quirky
      I'm still baffled that Yo-Kai Watch's dub seems to have got cancelled, considering it was a major threat to Pokemon in the ratings only 4-5 years ago. Guess someone was right about that franchise just being a fad and nothing else.
      Old 6 Days Ago (6:10 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
        I'm still baffled that Yo-Kai Watch's dub seems to have got cancelled, considering it was a major threat to Pokemon in the ratings only 4-5 years ago. Guess someone was right about that franchise just being a fad and nothing else.
        When I saw it for the first time I was like: “Wtf is this crap?” and it came across as a cult-like Anime with that bizarre ending credits(that PRB12 used in his XY/XYZ Pokemon Crack videos). Never thought something like that would become popular here in the States and if they’re purposely holding off airing new Episodes, perhaps it’s a good thing. Not to say the Sun&Moon Anime(which was influenced by the show) is much better.
        Old 5 Days Ago (8:50 AM).
        Strategist

To be honest I was a fan of the english dub Yo Kai Watch. It was... weird at times. But it had it's moments. Particularly the episodes with Venoct. Plus I actually really like the movie. It was a lot of fun to watch.

Honestly... if the dub truly is canceled... I'm disappointed. Very disappointed.

PROUD Anti-Brony
          Old 5 Days Ago (2:49 PM).

Appears Episodes 59-64 have been announced with regards to the English Dub. They will air on a 1 Episode/week basis from July 2nd to August 6th. These encompass the Lillie and Mallow Episode with Drampa all the way to the one involving Passimian(hence stopping prior to the two Episodes with Ilima). If they keep to the 1 Episode/week schedule, they’ll finish by December 3rd.
            Old 5 Days Ago (6:31 PM).
            HI VIZ

Nature: Quirky
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
            Appears Episodes 59-64 have been announced with regards to the English Dub. They will air on a 1 Episode/week basis from July 2nd to August 6th. These encompass the Lillie and Mallow Episode with Drampa all the way to the one involving Passimian(hence stopping prior to the two Episodes with Ilima). If they keep to the 1 Episode/week schedule, they’ll finish by December 3rd.
            Shoving the new episodes on a Monday evening feels very stupid if you ask me, considering kids will likely be sitting at a dinner table, and probably won't even be able to watch TV because of their parents wanting to watch something else.

And I guess August 13th will start another hiatus. I think Disney XD is indeed now the worst handler of the dub, since at least CN didn't shove all these unpredicted hiatuses even if they had Pokemon air in a bad timeslot.
            Old 5 Days Ago (6:50 PM). Edited 5 Days Ago by CodeHelmet.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
              Shoving the new episodes on a Monday evening feels very stupid if you ask me, considering kids will likely be sitting at a dinner table, and probably won't even be able to watch TV because of their parents wanting to watch something else.

And I guess August 13th will start another hiatus. I think Disney XD is indeed now the worst handler of the dub, since at least CN didn't shove all these unpredicted hiatuses even if they had Pokemon air in a bad timeslot.
              Star Wars Rebels aired new Episodes on Monday evenings(8pm if memory serves) so Disney doing new Episodes on Monday is not unprecedented. It’s just why move it from Saturday mornings(where Pokemon has resided for years, including its initial run on Disney XD) to Monday evening. Heck their old weekday 4pm timeslot made more sense since cartoons were an “Afternoon” thing, not an “Evening” thing.

Their ratings will take a hit from this but with the advent of ON Demand and streaming, I don’t think they really care all that much so long as they get their Ad Revenue(and the amount of ads I get when watching Pokemon On Demand is nuts. I stream XY as its rehab for the abuse SM puts me through).
              Old 4 Days Ago (11:29 AM). Edited 4 Days Ago by The Mega Champion.
              Strategist

WELL THIS IS BS.

THEY ARE CLEARLY TRYING TO GET IT CANCELED.

THE BS NEW TIME OF MONDAYS AT 6PM HAS PRETTY MUCH BEEN CONFIRMED. At least by someone on another forum.

SOMEONE SERIOUSLY NEED TO CONTACT PUSA AND TELL THEM DISNEY XD IS TRYING TO GET THEIR IP CANCELED.

:pouting:

PROUD Anti-Brony

Quick Reply