The PokéCommunity Forums General Pokémon Discussions Pokémon Anime
Spoilers The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old 1 Week Ago (12:50 PM).

Nature: Docile
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
    I do predict Ash won't even catch a sixth team member due to the limited options for 7th Gen Pokemon, especially since the writers are excluding him from getting Alolan Forms. Doesn't also help that Poipole will likely be released at the end of the series, which now seems to be confirmed for an end sometime in 2019.

My bet is that the SM anime finishes in October or November 2019, and then the 8th Gen saga starts.
    I think that Ash is getting a sixth team member. He needs one for the league.

Relevant Advertising!

Old 1 Week Ago (3:28 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
      Well if Ash's 6th member is one of his old members(say when he goes back to Kanto for w/e reason to promote LGP/LGE), I'd like to see him add Gible because I want him to get a Garchomp god damnit.
      Old 1 Week Ago (4:39 PM).
      HI VIZ

Nature: Quirky
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by RileyXY1 View Post
      I think that Ash is getting a sixth team member. He needs one for the league.
      There may be a chance he could bring a reserve if he visits Kanto for Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee promotion. My guess is it would be a Pokemon he caught in Kanto.

If I had to choose one, I'd really want him to bring Kingler since it hasn't been seen since the Johto saga, and the fact that Ash's Alola team has no Water-type on it (mostly due to Lana getting the Alolan Water-types). But knowing the writers, they'll probably shove in Bulbasaur or Charizard, but there's the chance even Squirtle could return.

I doubt Charizard though, since Ash will probably have Incineroar for a Fire-type. Ash will most likely follow what he did in Hoenn, Unova and Kalos and use mostly the regional team again, but a reserve could be happening if he fails to catch a sixth Alolan team member in time.
      Old 1 Week Ago (5:06 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by CodeHelmet.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
        There may be a chance he could bring a reserve if he visits Kanto for Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee promotion. My guess is it would be a Pokemon he caught in Kanto.

If I had to choose one, I'd really want him to bring Kingler since it hasn't been seen since the Johto saga, and the fact that Ash's Alola team has no Water-type on it (mostly due to Lana getting the Alolan Water-types). But knowing the writers, they'll probably shove in Bulbasaur or Charizard, but there's the chance even Squirtle could return.

I doubt Charizard though, since Ash will probably have Incineroar for a Fire-type. Ash will most likely follow what he did in Hoenn, Unova and Kalos and use mostly the regional team again, but a reserve could be happening if he fails to catch a sixth Alolan team member in time.
        Here's a thought.... Pidgeot!!

*Edit* Here's another thought that might actually be plausible. With the announcement of Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, what better way to promote it than to give Ash an Eevee? Before you claim its ludicrous to suggest such a thing, let me explain. Ash already has Pikachu so by giving him Eevee it'd be obvious promotion. Secondly, Gladion has Umbreon and Umbreon's counterpart is Espeon(which Red has in Generation 2 games) and would give Ash a Psychic type to play with(hasn't had one since... well ever I think lol).

The only counter-argument to that is that Eevee would go to Lillie(and consequently Espeon) to promote the "Co-Op" mode to the games(hence hinting Lillie joining him in Kanto if they were to return).
        Old 1 Week Ago (5:56 PM).
        HI VIZ

Nature: Quirky
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
        Here's a thought.... Pidgeot!!
        The problem is that the current writing team likely won't remember Pidgeot.
        Old 1 Week Ago (5:58 PM).

I don't think that any old Pokemon are coming back. I think that Ash will catch a 6th Alolan Pokemon.
          Old 4 Days Ago (3:25 AM).

Nature: Modest
            Ash might get Sandshrew Alolan. I would love to see that in the mix
            Old 4 Days Ago (6:12 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PainterZane View Post
              Ash might get Sandshrew Alolan. I would love to see that in the mix
              Sorry, but Ash is not getting Alolan Sandshrew. It's looking like Lillie is getting it.
              Old 3 Days Ago (8:07 AM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by RileyXY1 View Post
                Sorry, but Ash is not getting Alolan Sandshrew. It's looking like Lillie is getting it.
                While Lillie looks to be commanding one in the Episode preview, it doesn’t mean she’s going to catch it. This series has an unfortunate streak or reputation of teasing but never following through when it comes to catches. Do you see Sandshrew with Lillie in the series opening? No you don’t. Poipole was the only capture since the end of the Aether Arc because it was spoiled in the intro(its with Ash and based on the dialogue when it was caught suggests that it will be released at the end of the series).

Everyone thought Ash was going to catch Pasimian but that never materialized. Then there is Lana and Dewpider, although who’s to say that won’t occur in the next season of Sun and Moon. Plus Alolan Sandshrew just doesn’t fit with Lillie as I see it. She’s a Fairy Type Trainer and it appears she finds an Ice Stone(which is required to evolve both Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Vulpix). Since Alolan Ninetales is part Fairy Type, it just points to Snowy evolving at some point(which cant be ascertained from openings unless they explicitly show it) or Lillie deciding not to evolve her Fox Pokemon by following in the steps of Ash(who has chosen not to evolve Pikachu).
                Old 2 Days Ago (2:56 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
                  While Lillie looks to be commanding one in the Episode preview, it doesn’t mean she’s going to catch it. This series has an unfortunate streak or reputation of teasing but never following through when it comes to catches. Do you see Sandshrew with Lillie in the series opening? No you don’t. Poipole was the only capture since the end of the Aether Arc because it was spoiled in the intro(its with Ash and based on the dialogue when it was caught suggests that it will be released at the end of the series).

Everyone thought Ash was going to catch Pasimian but that never materialized. Then there is Lana and Dewpider, although who’s to say that won’t occur in the next season of Sun and Moon. Plus Alolan Sandshrew just doesn’t fit with Lillie as I see it. She’s a Fairy Type Trainer and it appears she finds an Ice Stone(which is required to evolve both Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Vulpix). Since Alolan Ninetales is part Fairy Type, it just points to Snowy evolving at some point(which cant be ascertained from openings unless they explicitly show it) or Lillie deciding not to evolve her Fox Pokemon by following in the steps of Ash(who has chosen not to evolve Pikachu).
                  They can easily change her specialty type to Ice.

Quick Reply