• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Starter Kit for making Online Pokemon Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
The first beta of Pokemon Essentials : Online will be realeased soon, as soon as I iron out some bugs. It will include:
  • The ability to see other players on the map
  • A public chat systen
  • A private chat system
Some bugs mentioned in the first post may be in this beta, such as the inability to surf, and the repetion of maps, which will hopefully soon be fixed.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Status update! I fixed the repeating maps issue. Trying to refix the transferring player issue >_< Learn from this people! Always make backups of valuable work! >_<

Edit: Status Update!

I fixed the transferring player issue, and 90% fixed the connecting maps. When netplayers are involved in the connecting maps, bugs start appearing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Status update!

I scripted a new function for events. If you include pbNetEraseThisEvent in an event (such as a rock smash or a cuttable tree), it will be erased globally and will return the same as a regular event. I am also working on getting the chat text to appear below the player who said it. This should be done in the coming days. I hope to solve the remaining problems in my list (currently working on), and then I shall release the first beta :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Another status update!

I finished the bubble chat system ( as I like to call it ), pictures say a thousand words, so I'll leave it to this.

bubblechat.png

Edit: Fixed the running issue, turned out to be pressing shift and not running that was broken.

Last edited:

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Wow, this looks really good, I love the bubble chat system.
Keep up the great work!

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Nice message and nice updates im waiting for the relase its great idea for game development.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Nice message and nice updates im waiting for the relase its great idea for game development.
Thanks for the comments!
Wow, this is the most updates I've done in one day for anything I've every done in my life :P
I fixed that little bug with the private chat system.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Status update: I fixed the bug where the player was still being updated in the server, even when they had quit the game.
I also added a new function that when the game window is closed, the game automatically saves to avoid accidental closes or network errors that cause the game to crash.

Last edited:
Years
OMG! Where can i download this awesome hack??

XD Just kidding. Well i wish you good luck with this, I agree with pyro. Think about when poccil released his starter kit, everyone wanted to create a pokemon rpg. And there were many projects that failied. But many of them were good to. Well I'm looking forward to the release, Also is there some way you can code a day and night system into the starter kit?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Lol, I was about to tear you apart for calling it a hack :P
This is not for sure, but I think I may go down the path of mad.array, and look at peoples games before I release it to them.
Essentials already has a day and night system, what you talking about?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Can this be used to create a wifi plaza, and the rest of the game offline?
Or just a MMORPG?
Sure, there is an option to display the map without other players on it (as in you change the scene to Scene_Map2). All other net functions should cease to work while you are on this scene.(Although you are still in constant communication with the server.)

Destatus update! :P I had to remove the auto-save feature, it causes the game data to corrupt.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
The release is coming either today or tomorrow, all problems are fixed except for a small one with connecting maps, which shouldn't impact play too much. I am currently writing documentation for the new features, and I will then upload it.

A small note though: if you do not know how to forward ports on your router, I suggest you either research it now or you simply do not use this kit. I will not be troubleshooting any network problems.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Great Message dude im waiting for relase. Its Amazing!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Check the front page for the link to Pokemon Essentials : Online v0.5!

Hypergaming

Pikachu Palace!
Years
Amazing!! was not expecting this to be running in even .5 this soon! GOod Job. Are you going to incorporate this into Blue chrome in any way?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Amazing!! was not expecting this to be running in even .5 this soon! GOod Job. Are you going to incorporate this into Blue chrome in any way?

Mehh....I might need to think about that. Pokemon Essentials:Online is still too messed up to be a part in a luxurious project :D (LOL just kidding :P). But now seriously...there are still some features that this pack is lacking, so once these needs are met, I'm going to be importing it in, because imagine playing dual screen story mode with one of your best friends. Makes me shiver XD

Last edited:

Hypergaming

Pikachu Palace!
Years
I meant just like as a certain area or feature, not the whole game, Like a mini region that you go to that loads your data into this thing, then saves it back into the regular game when you leave. Understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back