• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Thunder Emblem

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Checked the script videos. It was all nicely done (except for the usual grammar problems)

And about the last screenies, I like the female sprite in the trainer card (a Flannery Dawn? :P). The whole mapping is good as well (mapping caves is not that easy, but you just need more practice)

Of course, now I am wondering what is Brendan doing in the middle of an icy cave. Oh well, I'll find out sometime XD

Keep going!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Hello, mitchel1. I like the new screenshots, but the new heroine, Dawn... it looks really bad. There is no shading, or very poorly done shading, as well as the red shading on Dawn's pants, when it should be white or gray.

Also, It looks like you resized its head, so it looks very weird, and it has a weird pose for Dawn.

Maybe you should work on your spriting skills. Other than what I said, this hack looks really good!

I agree with you Esmas. It's not really good to have Dawn with trousers. I think you should rip the Dawn trainer card sprite from D/P.

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
*BUMP*

Hello, mitchel1. I like the new screenshots, but the new heroine, Dawn... it looks really bad. There is no shading, or very poorly done shading, as well as the red shading on Dawn's pants, when it should be white or gray.

Also, It looks like you resized its head, so it looks very weird, and it has a weird pose for Dawn.

Maybe you should work on your spriting skills. Other than what I said, this hack looks really good!

Hey, and yes i know i'm not so really good in spriting if you see ;) it is my first trainer sprite so it's not so good. have someon a good dawn sprite of curse i'l give you credits..

@Zel: Hey, Thnx Zel ^^ and yes i know i've already someon who help me with my engles :) and thnx for that you like the dawn sprite :) it's my first you see ;) and thnx about the mapping ;) the cave's are really hard to map (good) because the map 's of the cave's are really big ;) and you'll see about brendan ;)

@prince112: yes maby that is a good idea

@ZapMolCuno: Thnx ^^

Ontopic:
I'm back people and 100% back in buisness with hacking :) I've got for you people 4 new screens with new awesome tiles ^^ Credits to kyledove for the wooden house and that tree (not the d/p tree but that other one) and to Don Patch for that water plants (all those tiles recollord by me) ^^ anyway... Enjoy the new screens :D
pokemonthunderemblemfo2.png
pokemonthunderemblem2ob3.png

pokemonthunderemblem3jm2.png
pokemonthunderemblem4kg8.png

That whas all people...
Cya
Btw. that wooden house is not a costom house you'll only see them in Cold Valley (mountens).

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
nice new screenies... they're really nice and peaceful.
keep things up~

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
In my opinion, the DP and Kyle's house dont mix that much, but I guess they are fine as long as you dont put them in the same place at the same time (yeah, that's Nintendo's style, I actually know that houses in real life are not supposed to be all the same in the same location, but this is not real life), but whatever, Kyledove's tiles are always good to see.

Oh, by the way, his tree, combined with the DP tree palette ended up looking awesome :)

bruom

Wee! Holidays! I'll get a Wii!
Years
good to see ya back =]

dawn OW is... odd... the head looks like dawn, but the body...

about the tiles, the trees are very good

about the houses... i agree with zel, they are totally different from the d/p ones.. but still cool

the water plants are very original, but they dont look like "water plants", they look more like "plants in water"...

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
In my opinion, the DP and Kyle's house dont mix that much, but I guess they are fine as long as you dont put them in the same place at the same time (yeah, that's Nintendo's style, I actually know that houses in real life are not supposed to be all the same in the same location, but this is not real life), but whatever, Kyledove's tiles are always good to see.

Oh, by the way, his tree, combined with the DP tree palette ended up looking awesome :)

Hey Zel yes i know the don't mix good... but you'll only found that houses in cold valley ;) so in cold valley there are no D/P houses ;) exemple: you'll only found that houses (only for now in beta 1.0) by Glow Shire Village and Regran Valley

and about that combination thnx Zel ^^

@bruom: Thnx ^^ and yes i know the ow of dawn still must be change ;) i'll work on it if beta 1.0 is released ;) i'm now working with scripts in the fossil cave ^^
and thnx ^^

@riolu 9 and destinedjagold: thnx ^^

@Ontopic:
I've got some small updates for you people ^^ i've fixed the (Big) house tile with some beter outline (black) and the shadow (under that house)
and i've make 1 new little tile i've maked a little Lab sign.. so you can see what the lab is ^^
anyway here are the screens... Enjoy
pokemonthunderemblemhoupj9.png

(Here you can see what is fixed ;))
and here is the lab screen with that sign ^^
pokemonthunderemblem2sj3.png

That was all people...
Cya

Last edited:

DragonFir3

Safety and Peace be upon you
Years
  • Age 31
  • SLO
  • Seen Aug 10, 2011
This hack has some potential for sure. The tiles are like in DP, only they aren't 3D.

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
This hack has some potential for sure. The tiles are like in DP, only they aren't 3D.

Thnx en yes i know but the houses are nice ^^ right?

Ontopic:
*Update*
People i got 4 new screens for you ^^ Enjoy you see (Example: The third meeting with gary in the fossil cave, The new sign in the begin (i.p.v Game Freak inc. new icoon) (thnx to Xtinction for the tut) and a lot more.
Nieuwe tekst in begin
pokemonthunderemblemfq8.png

Tropical Valley
pokemonthunderemblem2vc3.png

Fossil cave
pokemonthunderemblem3sj4.png
pokemonthunderemblem4om4.png

That was all people
Cya
~Mitchel1

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Nice Mitchel, but your post contains some dutch language.....
Fix it man;)

Hey ZapMolCuno.. Thnx^^ en yes i saw it :P i'll fix it soon ;)

@Ontopic:
Again *Update*
Hello people i've got 4 new screens from the Fossil cave. here you see (Example: Jessie and james again :) (Script with them you'll see tommorow (because i still work on it))
And a lot more ^^ but i'll let it short here are the screens...
pokemonthunderemblemfr6.png
pokemonthunderemblem2fs5.png

pokemonthunderemblem3fw4.png
pokemonthunderemblem4rb8.png

Well i hope you like it people ^^
Cya
~Mitchel1

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I love the screens, they look great.
I like the stair tile you inserted and the tropical trees look awesome. And again, the overworlds are awesome.

bruom

Years
ok, by the new screenies, here are my comments

jesse and james sprites are very good

the sprites dont seem to be on the fog, try fixing it if possible

the stairs in the first screen of your latest post (those with blue things) dont look nice in the cave, IMO white would be better

in the last pic of the same post, the character is facing... an abyss? it would be better to put a wall there...

i think thats all, folks...

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
ok, by the new screenies, here are my comments

jesse and james sprites are very good

the sprites dont seem to be on the fog, try fixing it if possible

the stairs in the first screen of your latest post (those with blue things) dont look nice in the cave, IMO white would be better

in the last pic of the same post, the character is facing... an abyss? it would be better to put a wall there...

i think thats all, folks...

Hey bruom.. thnx about the sprites ^^
about the fog i've removed the fog so you don't see that ^^
you've right about the stairs i've already recollord it to brown ^^
and about that last thing... i'll try to fix it.

@C3LEBI-愛: Thnx ^^

*Ontopic
*UPDATES*
Hello people i've got two new screens for you. Here you see the new gym tile (Credits to Gary93) for that tile and a new screen in the Fossil cave where you see that i've fixed the staris (to brown) and a new OW from kabuto shell (left and right) Enjoy the new screens ^^
pokemonthunderemblem3yz5.png
pokemonthunderemblem2uq6.png

The video with jessie and james you'll see tommorow people ^^
Cya
~Mitchel1

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
Years
Good job mitchel.

There is 1 thing I want to say and that is about this screen:

The Pokémoncenter is to bright, so is the stairs. Try using the original pallette of FR Pokémoncenter.

Anyway keep up the good work

dude120

Rom hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2009
Good job mitchel.

The Pokémoncenter is to bright, so is the stairs. Try using the original pallette of FR Pokémoncenter.

Thats a gym. An alsmost all the D/P palletes and tiles are extremely bright. I bet it'll look fine in game. Though the stair railing should be a bit darker in my opinion. Good luck and good job, Mitchel1, can't wait to see a beta.

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Good job mitchel.

1e thing it's a gym.. second thing those are the pallets of fire red (Pokecenter)
and thnx ^^

@Dude120: The stairs have the real pallet of FR too but i can try to fix it. and thnx ^^

*Ontopic
*Update*
Hello people i got one new screen for you ^^ in this screen you'll see the new (Fixed) Poké gym and that stronk tile (Credits to Don Patch for it) anyway.. Enjoy the new screen ^^
pokemonthunderemblembq7.png

That was all people
Cya
~Mitchel1

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
Years
Sorry, my mistake. It is strange that the colortone is that bright.

Anyway good luck

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
The creator hasn't released a beta yet. Thus, you can't play it yet.

Mitchel1, you should try to darken the pallete of the red roof a little. It would look better if you did so.
The tree tiles look great, nice work. Keep on going!

bruom

Years

in the cave, the stairs right from the character arent fitting perfectly

in the other screenshot, theres a problem behind the gym, the soil is grassy, normal, and then directly goes to the rocky, lower soil... there are some tiles missing...

also, it seems that the stairs lead to the wall...

Last edited:
Back