• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Aura Guardians* Lucario/Riolu Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Well thanks for the warm welcome!

Here's my idea for an ability:

Wave Heart
"Every time its HP falls under 25%, it unleashes a wave attack every turn. Aside from that, its fighting spirit will heighten."
What it does: When its HP falls under 1/4 of its max HP, two effects occur- the first it will cause 1/16 of the opponent's max HP damage to its opponent every turn from then on, and the second is that fighting type attacks' power increase slightly. During Double, Triple, Rotation, Tag battles etc., the 1/16 damage is sent to the foe that last attacked it.

I know it seems overpowered, but Lucario is awesome, right?
I can picture a whole new wave of Lucario stalling at low health with protect and substitute from this ability haha; plus the low health = aura powers strengthen is a really cool idea for Lucario, it suits him well! I like this ability idea. :D

I have another idea for an ability.
Aura Lockdown
The user uses its aura to detect exact location of the foe. All the user's attacks accuracy are boosted by 30%.
Pretty cool idea, it'd make Focus Blast a complete beast of an attack that's for sure. It might get a little overpowered and I'm sure Lucario would be propelled with his usage levels from it, but that's a good thing since we get to see them around more. :D It's a cool idea for an ability but perhaps it'd work better as a signature move or something? x3

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I can picture a whole new wave of Lucario stalling at low health with protect and substitute from this ability haha; plus the low health = aura powers strengthen is a really cool idea for Lucario, it suits him well! I like this ability idea. :D

Pretty cool idea, it'd make Focus Blast a complete beast of an attack that's for sure. It might get a little overpowered and I'm sure Lucario would be propelled with his usage levels from it, but that's a good thing since we get to see them around more. :D It's a cool idea for an ability but perhaps it'd work better as a signature move or something? x3
Haha, I guess. How about its only activated when the User's HP is below half? x)

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
Haha, I guess. How about its only activated when the User's HP is below half? x)

I think it would be fine the way it is.

Well, since we don't have any new discussions:

What was your proudest moment with Lucario/Riolu in a battle?
I'll answer this later on, when I can actually think of a good moment in a battle.

I've been busy with school, so I haven't had the chance to update the club's main post. I'll try to get to it soon, I know it's been ages since information last got updated and our layout is really dull. (and we need a new banner) If anyone wants to contribute and help create a new layout or club banner, help would be appreciated.

-----
Also, the story hasn't been touched on in a while, so i'll continue it:

Recap:

Grovyle seemed better now, and I started to feel my legs again. So we ran across the river towards the entrance of the cave.

"Remember, be cautious. We don't know what's in there, and we have to make sure Takashi and Drake are safe."

We entered the cave, being as alert as possible, searching for anything suspicious and looking for our lost partners.

-----
It seemed as if I had been traveling for days. I never walked for this long before and my legs were starting to feel stiff, but I had to endure it longer. All these caves i've been wandering through started to annoy me. Is all of this really necessary?

"Stop moving! Do you hear that?" Grovyle whispered as we both stopped in place inside the cave.

I listened closely, but could not hear anything. Then suddenly we saw a shadowy figure before us. As it slowly stepped forward, I noticed something strange. It's outline resembled Grovyle though, I might just be hallucinating...

Emerging from the darkness, was Grovyle! I looked beside me, and saw the other Grovyle with a surprised look.

"What? Who are you?" I asked.

"Can't you recognize me? It's Grovyle! That one besides you is just a doppelganger!" He replied, pointing furiously toward the Grovyle next to me.

"W... What? What are you talking about? Fine, then if you really are me, then who is it that you're looking for? What is the name of your partner?" Grovyle shouted beside me.

"It's Drake. I would obviously know that since i'm the one searching for him. You helped a fake Grovyle and you didn't notice it? I thought you would have known better Hideyoshi..."

I was confused at who the real one was. They both had the same aura pattern and act exactly the same.

"You're nothing but a liar. Move aside, I don't have time for your games!" The Grovyle next to me charged forward and attacked the other one, but they quickly dodged the attack.

"See? It's clearly him who is the fake! He's trying to attack me, help me out here will you?" The other Grovyle shouted.

I was stunned. I did not know what to do. One of them was obviously the real one. Before I could make my move, I heard footsteps behind me. As I turned around, I saw a figure of myself in front of me.

"What's going on here? Now there is two of you?" One Grovyle said in surprise.

"This is just ridiculous. Now which one of you is the real one?" the other Grovyle shouted, preparing to attack.

"Takashi and Drake need our help! Let's finish this quickly and leave Grovyle, we need to hurry!" My clone shouted.

"Wait, i'm the real..." Before I could finish my sentence, one of the Grovyles attacked me, and I could feel the blood running down my shoulder.

I chose not to fight, and although I was injured, I decided to run past them and out of the cave. This nonsense had to stop! I didn't look back, and I continued forward as I heard them chasing after me. As I went outside, I ran through the small forest and saw another Grovyle! I quickly ran past him, running through many bushes covered in thorns. My legs hurt more than ever now, and while I slowed down, my vision started to blur as the wound from Grovyle's attack was deep. I tried to continue forward, but I had to cross the river to be safe. Before I could I was attacked again, stopped right in my track, like prey hunted by it's predator. I collapsed, looking towards the river. I could see two faint silhouettes on the other side, which resembled Takashi and Drake. I tried reaching out for them with my left arm, with my vision now obscured. I saw my left arm covered in scratches and blood, and I felt pain all over my body as if I was poisoned and paralyzed. Then, I blacked out.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Awesome new addition to the story. I'm thinking about adding my own.
My proudest moment, eh? Probably against Palmer in the Battle Tower. His Rhyperior died in a one hit KO after my Lucario barely survived an Earthquake. :) '
EDIT: I came up with something for the story, here it is!

---------------------------------------
Upon waking up, I found my body to be extremely sore. Go figure. Getting beaten up by a bunch of doppelgangers would do that to someone.
I looked around at my surroundings. The only thing I remembered was blacking out falling into the river, so I figured I must have washed up wherever I was now, but there was only one problem with that theory. I saw that I was in a forest grove, with enough trees that I couldn't the sky. The same was true when I tried to look out of the small clearing. Where on earth was I? I did a quick aura search to see if there was anyone in the area. There was something, though very faint. I went towards the area where the aura was being emitted. I looked around. There was nothing there. I thought that someone or something had been here before, but I had no idea anymore.
I sat down, and sighed. This was awful. Takashi was being, most likely, tricked by my doppelganger. Where had those come from, anyway? It didn't make any sense. As I started to think, I noticed something rustling in the bushes. I stood up and took a fighting stance.
"Who's there?" I said. Scanning with my aura, I saw what looked like the shape of a…deer? I wasn't sure.
"Leave now, for the sake of the safety of the forest!"
"I mean no harm! Just…I'm lost, and I have no idea where I am. Please, I don't want to fight." I pleaded.
"Liar! Prepare to die!" Within a matter of seconds, the Pokemon had leaped out from the bushes, pinned me down on the ground and was preparing to slice me up.
I could see now that the Pokemon was a shade of light green, with large horns and hooves.
"I hope you enjoy prison, trespasser!" The Pokemon was about to use her—or at least I assumed it was a her—horns to get rid of me for good, when all of a sudden she stopped.
"Hideyoshi?" she said. She let me up so she could inspect me. Once she did, she said joy, "It is you!"
"Um, who are you?" I asked. The smile drained off of her face.
"You mean you don't remember me?" She seemed sad. "After all that we went through, you don't remember me…"
"I'm sorry, but I don't. Uh, who did you say you were again?" I was very confused, but what else was new?
"I'm Virizion, but you can call me Vivi. I'm one of your… friends, I guess. That is, until you disappeared," Virizion said shakedly. "…I… I just can't believe that you don't remember me. I mean, we were together for a long time."
"What do you mean by 'together?'" I asked.
"Um, nothing! Nothing at all!" Vivi seemed cheerier now, and blushed. "Just know that I'm a friend. I protect the Pokemon in this part of the forest, which is why I needed to make sure you weren't a, you know, bad Pokemon."
"Alright, if you're a friend, then I need you to help me with something." I explained my situation to her. "Can you help me get back to Takashi?"
"Sure! First things first, let's take out a map. I think I have one…Aha! Here it is!" She pulled out the map and laid it out on the forest floor. "Let's see, right now we're in Overgrown Woods, and it looks like from what you're describing, you were somewhere over here," she pointed to someplace on the map. I studied it, but something didn't seem quite right.
"This doesn't seem right, I'm not sure why," I said. Suddenly, it hit me. "Wait a minute, do you know what year this is?"
"Yeah, it's 613, the year after the big war. Why?"
"That's it! Takashi is in the past, near Azure Forest!" I exclaimed. "This must be Celebi's doing. I'm not quite sure how, but she's the only I know who can bend time." I felt better now that had some idea of where Takashi was. Virizion must have known the Hideyoshi who lived with young Takashi. It all made sense now.
"But how are we going to get back to the past?" Vivi asked. "It's not like we can just flash back there, right?"
"Or can we?" I pulled out Mew's crystal, which I still had from the island. If Mew was really as powerful as he was supposed to be, then maybe his crystal could send us back in time.
"What's that?" Vivi asked.
"You'll see. Just stay close to me." Vivi moved closer to me. I wrapped my free arm around her, making sure that she'd come too, and focused my aura on the crystal, which caused it to glow. I focused on where I wanted to go, and the crystal's radiance increased. "Here we go," I said, excited. The crystal flashed, and we were transported back in time. I was going to see Takashi again.

Last edited:

lucas5201

Aura Guardian
Years
Activeness: 4-24 times a month
Partner: Lucario, Chris, Sprite 2
Why I'm Joining: I love Lucario. I didn't know about this club at first, but my custom tag is Aura Guardian. Coincidental?
Password:Wave Guiding Riolu

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
Welcome to the club lucas5201!

I'll update the club's layout and fix everything up either today or tomorrow. (hopefully)

@Cosmotone8
Also, I like your addition to the story. It's going in a good direction so far and I would like to see other members contribute their ideas too, whether you're good at writing or not, because it's all for fun!

Last edited:

lucas5201

Aura Guardian
Years
Well, I'll start a conversation.
What would you like to see become a Lucario/Riolu item only?

I would love an item that makes Lucario's Att go up by 1/Riolu's att go up by 2

Riolu baton passing 0.o

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
Focus Crystal
If held by Lucario, it increases it's Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense by 2. If held by Riolu, it increases it's Defense and Attack by 2. If multiple focus crystals are held by active friendly Pokemon in battle, they each gain an additional 2 to Speed and take 10% less damage from effective attacks for each one held. (Does not work with Pokemon in your reserve party)

Overpowered item is overpowered. :3

Well, I'll start a conversation.

I would love an item that makes Lucario's Att go up by 1/Riolu's att go up by 2

Riolu baton passing 0.o

What would you call the item? Unless you can't think of a name. I think it should boost another one of Lucario's attributes by 2 and Riolu's by 1.

Last edited:

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
Activeness: I've become actually quite active on the etirety of the site so I don't see why I can't be active here :P
Why: Ever since Lucario came out in the III Gen, I tried him out on my team. Since then, there has always been a Lucario on my battle team because of my discovery that Lucario was an amazing pokemon (as you can see in my trainer card :D ).
Password: Wave-guiding Riolu

Topic: Aura Shield: This item is meant to be held by Lucario/Riolu. This item raises the Defense and Sp. Defense of Lucario/Riolu by 30%. If Lucario/Rioulu is attacked by a move that it is weak to, it will stay alive with 1 HP and inflict double the damage inflicted to Lucario/Riolu. At the end of the turn this effect was activated, Lucario/Riolu faints.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
Welcome to the club ClumzyTrainR13! Lucario makes a good addition to any team and I agree that it is an amazing Pokemon.

Topic: Aura Shield: This item is meant to be held by Lucario/Riolu. This item raises the Defense and Sp. Defense of Lucario/Riolu by 30%. If Lucario/Rioulu is attacked by a move that it is weak to, it will stay alive with 1 HP and inflict double the damage inflicted to Lucario/Riolu. At the end of the turn this effect was activated, Lucario/Riolu faints.

This would make a great last resort item and would definitely make your opponent think twice about using effective moves.

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
Yeah I thought of that because the only weakness of Lucario AT ALL is that he's weak to some of the more powerful pokemon types, such as ground, fire, and fighting.

75th member! woot woot!!!

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
Please post an application and review the rules beforehand. I'll make an exception this time because I don't think I made the instructions on how to join clear enough.

If you want Lucario or Riolu as your partner, let me know which one along with their name, gender, and sprite.

Besides that, welcome to the club!

Here is a new topic for the club:

What kind of environment do you think is best suited for Lucario?

Years

Activeness: As much as I can

Pokemon Partner: BOTH

Why: I love RIOLU and LUCARIO!

Password: Wave-guiding Riolu

Lucario sprite - #2

Riolu sprite -#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back