• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Vs. Series! (Series 1 - Richie vs. Alain)

Who is your favourite?

• Richie

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Alain

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

The Vs. Series!
Series 1

Richie (W0 / L0)
9269f5ef6f713f233ac96142a2522653623df05d_hq.gif

vs.

Alain (W0 / L0)
tumblr_o9pesn5nS71v68t0mo1_500.gif

Welcome, one and all, to the first installment of the Vs. Series, right here in the Pokemon Anime section! On these series of threads, you are free to vote for your favourite of the two characters that are shown right here on the opening post of this thread. Each poll will last for a week! When a character gains more votes than the other, they get a "win", while the opposing character gets a "loss". As we go on, more and more characters will gain wins and losses, and at some point, we'll Gage which characters gain the most wins, signifying PC's favourite pokemon anime character!

Without further ado... here are the first two competitors!

Richie
S77.jpg

He is a recurring character in the Pokémon anime. He is a Pokémon Trainer from Frodomar City and a rival of Ash. He first appeared in A Friend In Deed. Ritchie is a kindhearted and sincere boy. His courageous actions helped him to develop bonds and gain respect from other characters, including Professor Oak and Marion Town's Nurse Joy. He values his friendships, even waiting for Ash despite his delayed arrival for their Indigo Plateau Conference match in Friend or Foe Alike.

Alain
alan.jpg

He is a recurring character in the Pokémon anime. He is a Pokémon Trainer seeking to defeat all Mega-Evolved Pokémon using his Mega Charizard X. He initially appears as the main character of the Mega Evolution Specials side-series beginning with Mega Evolution Special I, working under the instruction of Lysandre to collect Mega Evolution energy. He later appears in the XY&Z arc of the XY series as a rival to Ash.

Which of these two characters are your favorite between the two? Who deserves to win this week? Post your votes, vote in the poll, and post and thoughts here!

Last edited:

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Alain has that chill attitude, which is probably the best type of rivalry in my opinion. Friendly rivalry is fine, but I they don't fully demonstrate the tension.

Edit: Reading this in my head, I contradicted myself. I meant I like Alains attitude towards battling more than Richies.

Last edited:
Years
I adore Richie and he is one of my favorite characters in the series, but I'm going to have to say Alain. He is the much more interesting of the two with his general attitude, outlook on things, and interactions with friends & rivals. He'll probably remain one of the more memorable characters for me for a long time.

Sorry Richie, you still have a place in my heart! <3

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Voting Ritchie here. Used Butterfree or the Bug Type that doesn't get enough credit in Generation 1 as being somewhat viable despite other Bug Types having better stats. Plus he was the first trainer with another Pikachu and we've yet to really see one outside of the Female Trainer in the Unova Special involving Cilan and Brock.

My vote is meaningless of course but just throwing it out there.

Last edited:
Back