• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Growing Light Source in Darkmap When Moving Close

Ookiiushidesu

Lead Mapper/Eventer at Gen0
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 27, 2016
Hey guys.

So, earlier I had a question on how to do torches. The wonderful people here both showed me how to make a torch and even call a script for the flash effect.

But while thinking, I had a cool idea. There's already the light effects that make shadows... But what if you could incorporate the whole light radius into one of those objects?

Like you could set up a lamp post and then some surrounding events that when you step over them, going towards the light it increases the light radius, but when you move away it decreases.

As far as the switches and stuff goes, I can do that fine. But what I'm wondering is how can I edit

darkness=$PokemonTemp.darknessSprite
return false if !darkness || darkness.disposed?
$PokemonGlobal.flashUsed=true
while darkness.radius<176
Graphics.update
Input.update
pbUpdateSceneMap
darkness.radius+=4
end

to make it where it only raises the darkness by a bit, or lowers it. I tried messing with the "while darkness.radius<176" and the "darkness.radius+=4" but I couldn't get it to work.

Any help?

Back