• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Well the RPOs certainly sound like they could be fun, but I'm still confused about it. I mean, it seems like it'll be more of a fan-fiction contest than a role-play contest, so how exactly does it qualify as RPOs?

(Not that it matters much to me since I'm going for the gold :P)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
You bring up a valid point, and while quite a bit of the events are in fact more like fanfic, there are a few in which more than one person can participate, which is more like RPing.

That is why we encourage people from the Fan-Fiction to participate as well, as this is more of a combination of fanfiction and Roleplaying.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Thanks for everyone who voiced their opinions on my question, I have made a decision to go with a Renaissance RP. I am in the beginning stages of a Renaissance RP, but it is sure to contain a blend of shocking and surprising twists, revolutionized conflict and tantalizing romance. Sounds good, doesn't it? Stay tuned here in the upcoming days for more.

On to the subject of the RPO's.

I am very interested in them, and will be joining and would be honoured to help judge them. I am very excited to compete alongside and against other RP'ers for emblems.

But, I have courage wolf training me so I will not be stopped.

3prmzk.jpg

(Ooh S***, I better show up good now)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Oh lord. If we invite the Fanfiction & Writing people to the RPO specifically, they might crush us with their grammar-mindedness and supergood spelling xD sure, good grammar is appreciated here but it's wayyy more important and pointed out over in our sister section. Or so I've understood it.

But at the same time, maybe we can lure some new good writers over to the RPing side of writing ;D

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hey guys! I'm doing some RP-design and could use some feedback on what people think. The thing I am planning is an original RP, which obviously has the problem of an unknown setting, culture and wildlife, among other things.

At the moment I am sorting out the continent/map. I have settled on this style at the moment:

Spoiler:

Where I then break it down to sections which are labelled and explained. Such as the map below, which would then have a text saying: yadayadayadayadayada THIS TOWN1. And things like that (although it's much more two paragraphs than a line or blabber).

Spoiler:

Do you think that between the black map image, a description, and an image for each location when arriving there, that there is enough detail? I did originally make a colour map with mountains, rivers, etc. and all that but it ended up looking extremely... messy, especially when it comes to labelling. Realistically, it's also a pain to make the map realistic, with rivers every few yards, without making it overbearing.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Hey guys! I'm doing some RP-design and could use some feedback on what people think. The thing I am planning is an original RP, which obviously has the problem of an unknown setting, culture and wildlife, among other things.

At the moment I am sorting out the continent/map. I have settled on this style at the moment:

Spoiler:

Where I then break it down to sections which are labelled and explained. Such as the map below, which would then have a text saying: yadayadayadayadayada THIS TOWN1. And things like that (although it's much more two paragraphs than a line or blabber).

Spoiler:

Do you think that between the black map image, a description, and an image for each location when arriving there, that there is enough detail? I did originally make a colour map with mountains, rivers, etc. and all that but it ended up looking extremely... messy, especially when it comes to labelling. Realistically, it's also a pain to make the map realistic, with rivers every few yards, without making it overbearing.
Mark only the main rivers?

Personally, I do like seeing a map with more detail than just its coastline (outline). Try designating this areas with different color maybe? (Like green for forest, light blue or white for glaciers/tundra, tan for desert, rather than actually drawing out trees and mountains, etc…)

If it does get too messy, maybe you could use two maps, one for the city locations and one for ecosystems.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
If it does get too messy, maybe you could use two maps, one for the city locations and one for ecosystems.

Perhaps if the main-map shows all the biomes/rivers, whilst the small maps are just black and show the cities? Think that might work better? :)

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Role Play Olympics? ZOMFG, this will be extremely cool! I'm totally in on this! However, I can see how people from the Fanfic Corner will come and wipe the floor with a good amount of us... Well, at least me I presume.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Role Play Olympics? ZOMFG, this will be extremely cool! I'm totally in on this! However, I can see how people from the Fanfic Corner will come and wipe the floor with a good amount of us... Well, at least me I presume.

I presume It'll be equal, I mean, yes, there's a lot of dudes with perfect grammar in FF&W, but y'all from the Role-Play Corner are creative as hell (I really mean it, I've seen how you develop your characters and how you set up your RPs, awesome, I must say).

And it's not all about the correct spelling and lack of any typos, I'm sure it'll be more about being creative during the RPOs :D

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
I presume It'll be equal, I mean, yes, there's a lot of dudes with perfect grammar in FF&W, but y'all from the Role-Play Corner are creative as hell (I really mean it, I've seen how you develop your characters and how you set up your RPs, awesome, I must say).

And it's not all about the correct spelling and lack of any typos, I'm sure it'll be more about being creative during the RPOs :D

Hm, yes. But all of the examples you took up can be applied to the Fanfic people as well. Well except for the "setting up RPs"-thing. But the people from the Fanfic corner will probably be a good change of... people? If they accept that is. Having good grammar and stuff does give you an edge when it comes to writing. If you're gonna' be creative, you also have to have the right skills to really make it shine. Or something like that...

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Hm, yes. But all of the examples you took up can be applied to the Fanfic people as well. Well except for the "setting up RPs"-thing. But the people from the Fanfic corner will probably be a good change of... people? If they accept that is. Having good grammar and stuff does give you an edge when it comes to writing. If you're gonna' be creative, you also have to have the right skills to really make it shine. Or something like that...

Is this event being announced in the fanfic section too? I can't imagine them joining if they don't know about it.

Also, we don't know anything about what we'll be doing specifically, though I'm sure the creators will find the perfect events that will have RPers and Writers evenly matched.

Lastly...

Imma Twilyt wulf!

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Just notifying any RPs I'm in, I probably won't be posting much (if at all) until August 7th. I'm going to be visiting with a friend I only get to see like, once or twice a year.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
For all who are interested... S.C.P. has been accepted! Well, that's the short title anyway!

Don't know anything about it? Great! While it is an established part of the internet you really don't need any experience with it! It's not something where you have to read a certain event or you have to watch t.v. episodes. It's really all fanfiction by random people! Check it out up there! Also, there are only six slots available so reserve today!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Okay, since I have an expansive amount of free time (and I don't want to use ALL of it on Minecraft) I think I'd like to join an RP.

So. Are there currently any zombie-themed Roleplays, and are they Pokemon or Non-Pokemon?

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Akio-kun- you can join my Youkai Academy roleplay when i've posted it again in one or two weeks? :3 i'm reorganizing it and almost done ^^ and there are more Youkai's this time.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Okay, since I have an expansive amount of free time (and I don't want to use ALL of it on Minecraft) I think I'd like to join an RP.

So. Are there currently any zombie-themed Roleplays, and are they Pokemon or Non-Pokemon?

If you take a look around the first page in the main board and the Lounge, I'm sure you can find an answer to that question by yourself :>

I don't think there is, though.

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
Does Disease Deoxys count as a zombie RP? Conceptually it is one, but the whole living dead, rotting flesh and other gorey aspects of it is removed as far as I know. I don't know if the GMs are still taking new players as the RP has been around for a long time, but I think it's the closest thing we've got.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I am so there Skymin! Already signed up and hyped for this to start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back